Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT Jimi Hendrix fans
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:43

Naturalust
stanlove
There you go again. Asking 100 guitarists who is more influential to them has nothing to do with who obviously is more influential in rock history. Two different things.

Unless the guitarists are writing the rock history books, which of course they probably are. winking smiley

I am trying to follow along with the dos and don't of this board. I like the Faboulous T-Birds alot. If I claim as a fact that when people in the future talk about Rock that they will be right up there in importance with the Beatles and Dylan, anyone who disagrees is just be subjective and kind of a troll?

Also people can build up rock stars as some kind of Gods as people on this board, but of someone doesn't have the same opinion and gives negative opinions of that rock start then they are just trolling?

Just trying to see how the board works.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 03:02 by stanlove.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 29, 2015 02:57

There are dozens of guitars players who could sound like Jimmy page but I never heard one like Jimi Hendrix........

Maybe this guy comes close......................the similarity is they don't need to see what they play...okay I miss the guitar burning grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:01

Just catching up on this thread--I had been hoping that stonesrule would weigh in. smileys with beer Wonderful stories. smiling smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:04

Aquamarine
Just catching up on this thread--I had been hoping that stonesrule would weigh in. smileys with beer Wonderful stories. smiling smiley

Just so I am not looked at as just a negative poster on this thread I did just watch the 1969 Hendrix Stockholm concert and loved it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:14

stanlove
I am trying to follow along with the dos and don't of this board. I like the Faboulous T-Birds alot. If I claim as a fact that when people in the future talk about Rock that they will be right up there in importance with the Beatles and Dylan, anyone who disagrees is just be subjective and kind of a troll?

Also people can build up rock stars as some kind of Gods as people on this board, but of someone doesn't have the same opinion and gives negative opinions of that rock start then they are just trolling?

Just trying to see how the board works.

You are probably safe in claiming what ever you want as your opinion. Glad you enjoyed the Stockholm show.

Date: June 29, 2015 05:47

NICOS
There are dozens of guitars players who could sound like Jimmy page but I never heard one like Jimi Hendrix........

Maybe this guy comes close......................the similarity is they don't need to see what they play...okay I miss the guitar burning grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

SRV sounds a lot like hendrix

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:41

ATTENTION THE SICILIAN!!!

Could you please email me at shalala888@att.net

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 04:19 by stonesrule.

Date: July 8, 2015 13:44

This day in 1967, the Jimi Hendrix Experience joined the Monkees on tour!

The booking of psychedelic rock god Jimi Hendrix with the made-for-television Monkees was the brainchild of Hendrix’s manager, Mike Jeffery, who was seeking greater public exposure for a young client who was a budding star in the UK, but a near-unknown in his native United States. It was in the UK, in fact, that Monkee Mike Nesmith first heard a tape of Hendrix playing while at a dinner party with John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton. Nesmith and his fellow Monkees Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz became instant Jimi Hendrix fans, and after witnessing his legendary performance at the Monterey Pop Festival in June 1967, they encouraged their own manager to invite the little-known but highly respected Jimi Hendrix Experience to join their upcoming U.S. tour.

Hendrix himself appears to have had no direct input on the decision, though he’d made his opinion of the Monkees clear several months earlier in an interview with Melody Maker magazine: “Oh God, I hate them! Dishwater….You can’t knock anybody for making it, but people like the Monkees?” Nevertheless, Hendrix joined the tour in progress in Jacksonville, Florida, on July 8. Predictably, the reception given to the now-legendary rock icon by the young fans of the bubblegum Monkees was less than worshipful. As Mickey Dolenz later recalled, “Jimi would amble out onto the stage, fire up the amps and break out into ‘Purple Haze,’ and the kids in the audience would instantly drown him out with ‘We want Daaavy!’ God, was it embarrassing.”

Jimi Hendrix managed to get through a total of only seven dates with the Monkees, culminating in his final show on July 17, 1967, which may or may not have ended with Hendrix saluting the crowd with his middle finger. There was no truth to the widely circulated rumor that he’d been kicked off of the tour after protests by the Daughters of the American Revolution that his show was “too erotic.”

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 9, 2015 14:47

From the Wrecking Crew Facebook page:

On this date July 8,1967, The Monkees started their summer US tour in Jacksonville, FL. The opening act...Jimi Hendrix. Jimi had just come off a very successful performance at Monterey Pop just a month earlier, and although he was supposed to open for all 29 dates, he was let go from the tour after 7. Not a good musical match-up back then as most of the young teenybopper fans had come to see The Monkees.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:24

stanlove
lem motlow
there are no rock and roll fans who dont like jimi hendrix.period..

How would you know that?

I like Rock and Roll and I am not a fan of Hendrix. To me Hendrix is a guy who can obviously do things with a guitar that nobody else can, but it doesn't sound good to me. The only song I would listen to by him if it came on the radio is Red House which I love.

i agree,it was just an offhand comment.of course you cant make a blanket statement and say every single person likes something.most rock fans love jimi but that doesnt mean you should or are in any way obligated to because you're a rock fan.

the reason i get where you're coming from is because i can't fcking stand the beatles.i don't know one person who doesnt think that's just odd but no matter how many times people say how earth shatteringly groundbreakingly amazing and influential and popular they are it doesnt matter.
all i hear is a slightly better version of the monkees,the records are just too"60's" for me.i'm sure having someone say "number 9.number 9 for 10 minutes was really groundbreaking in 1968 but it's an annoying load of shit now.
it's not some old beatles/stones rivalry i just don't think they are that good. when they say "you dont get it maaaan"well yes i do,i have two ears and i can hear that it sucks.

so yeah,nothing is for everybody no matter how much people think it should be,its a matter of taste and opinion and you're allowed to have your own.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 21, 2015 01:01

Sometimes I listen to Hendrix covers.............999 out of 1000 I skip within the first 10 seconds...but this guy confused me

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-21 01:01 by NICOS.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home