Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

It's only crab and prawn...but I like it
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:12

Slightly strange post, but thought it worth sharing...having been persuaded by my better half to take a holiday in Devon rather than our usual Glastonbury festival trip, I left all the arrangements up to her, she booked the cottage and location and it looked quite nice etc. Then today I started reading up on the village we are staying at and couldn't believe what turned up on wiki...

'Beesands is located midway between Hallsands and Torcross on Start Bay in South Devon. Beesands is best known as a tourist destination, but is still a fishing village that concentrates mainly on crab and lobster fishing through Britannia Fisheries.[citation needed] There is an Anglican chapel in the village dedicated to St Andrew.

Keith Richards' family regularly spent holidays at Beesands during the 1950s. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger's first public performance was at The Cricket Inn in the village.[1][2]'

So, I shall be there for quite a while from this weekend...obviously there won't be any physical evidence of the above but it certainly adds a little something to what i thought was just going to be a tiny, quiet resort in Devon!

Re: It's only crab and prawn...but I like it
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:51

...You're gonna be merged, my friend... [ iorr.org ]

smoking smiley

Nevertheless: enjoy your stay, over there!

Date: June 22, 2015 14:01

nah, this isn't a merge worthy thread...certainly not into a thread based on fish puns. Ok, my title may be a touching on it, but the content is factual and Stones related!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:17

Date: June 22, 2015 14:20

Ha! I knew I seen a photo of Keith on the Beach with his folks somewhere...thanks latebloomer...now I remember it was in Life. I shall recreate this photo if I can locate the exact spot next week!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:29

crumbling_mice
Ha! I knew I seen a photo of Keith on the Beach with his folks somewhere...thanks latebloomer...now I remember it was in Life. I shall recreate this photo if I can locate the exact spot next week!

Be sure to recreate Keith's outfit too, mice. Have a sweet holiday. smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:51

latebloomer
crumbling_mice

Be sure to recreate Keith's outfit too, mice. Have a sweet holiday. smiling smiley

And haircut...........smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:20

that's a cool find and a cool way to find it cm.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:23

And don't forget to pack a pipe!! smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:33

crumbling_mice
nah, this isn't a merge worthy thread...certainly not into a thread based on fish puns. Ok, my title may be a touching on it, but the content is factual and Stones related!!

Agreed - just toying with ya...

Date: June 22, 2015 21:18

Thank you for your comments...I'm fairly sure we'll have a cool holiday as it's forecast to be poor temperature wise! I will see if I can the exact spot in the photo...and I always carry a pipe...it doesn't quite resemble Bert's, but it's a pipe nontheless and likely doesn't carry the same brand of weed!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home