Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Marquee 71
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: June 10, 2015 18:17

Just received today from Japan, Marquee71 / Brussels 1973.

With alternates for the Marquee !

It is the same all over the world ?

Re: Marquee 71
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:22

Is the video from the actual show or dress rehersal. I'm confused about this show. This is what nzentgraf says:

710326B 26th March: London, Marquee Club. Dress rehearsal. Incl.
(Live With Me/Dead Flowers/I Got The Blues 1/I Got The Blues 2/Let It
Rock/Midnight Rambler/Satisfaction/Bitch 1/Brown Sugar/Bitch 2)
Note: Filmed by Rollin' Binzar and recorded with the Mobile Recording Unit.
Line-up: MJ (voc, harm)/KR (gtr, bvoc)/MT (gtr)/BW (bass)/CW (dr)/
STU (p)/Bobby Keys (sax)/Jim Price (tp)

710326C 26th March: London, Marquee Club, incl.
- Bitch (MJ/KR) -incomplete
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR)
Note: Filmed by Rollin' Binzar and recorded with the Mobile Recording Unit.

710326D 26th March: UK TV (Lion TV), 'Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling
Stones', London, Marquee Club. Director: Bruce Gowers.
- Live With Me (MJ/KR)
- Dead Flowers (MJ/KR)
- I Got The Blues (MJ/KR)
- Let It Rock (Chuck Berry)
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR)
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR)
- Bitch (MJ/KR)
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR)
Additional musicians:Bobby Keys (sax)/Jim Price (tp)
Note: All songs come from the dress-rehearsal, audience noises were mixed in.

So where the video comes from? The show? The rehersals? Is the DVD/Blu-ray video the same as 1971 TV special or different?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 10, 2015 21:35

LiveAtHidepark

It is the same all over the world ?

Dunno - this is what I've found from a quick search on Amazon Germany:

[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 21:40 by Irix.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:45

Same tracklisting/bonus tracks as the US version. The US version obviously doesn't come with a Brussels disc though.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 10, 2015 22:51

Is there no mention of Brussels on the outer artwork?
That's rather odd.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:46

German retailer npc has now snippets of all songs (audio and video) on their website:
[www.jpc.de]

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 10, 2015 23:58

slewan
German retailer npc has now snippets of all songs (audio and video) on their website:
[www.jpc.de]

Thanks, this sounds promising! But where are the video-links?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:05

muenke
slewan
[www.jpc.de]

Promising?! The video on YT of Dead Flowers sounds much, much better than here and so does the snippet of MR on YT! Let's hope the YT-versions are on the DVD/CD.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:37

I got mine today. It's all been remixed by Bob Clearmountain and sounds much better than the original mix, if more "modern."

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:43

I Got The Blues sounds stunning....

Posted by: razorback9200 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 09:45

vudicus
Is there no mention of Brussels on the outer artwork?
That's rather odd.
There is...actually 2 thick jewel cases + booklets inside a cardboard sleeve :

By the way I hardly doubt it's limited to 3500 copies.No mention of this on the artwork....I can't read japanese but numbers stay the same. Same tracklisting as US and European releases.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 09:56 by razorback9200.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 11, 2015 11:01

Can someone post a link to the Japanese retailer that sells this lovely Marquee/Brussels double pack please.

Posted by: razorback9200 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 11:06

I bought mine from Amazon Japan...but even if you already have an account on Amazon, You'll have to register again on Amazon Japan.

[www.amazon.co.jp]

CDJapan sells outside of Japan as well

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

I don't know if the publisher Ward Records would sell this set outside of Japan...here it is...asspain, no English version of the site.

[wardrecords.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 11:25 by razorback9200.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 11, 2015 13:21

I just bought the DVD set with the Brussels CD from CD Japan. Eighty seven dollars including shipping.

Date: June 11, 2015 13:35

razorback9200
I bought mine from Amazon Japan...but even if you already have an account on Amazon, You'll have to register again on Amazon Japan.

[www.amazon.co.jp]

CDJapan sells outside of Japan as well

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

I don't know if the publisher Ward Records would sell this set outside of Japan...here it is...asspain, no English version of the site.

[wardrecords.com]

Thanks Razor, just taking a look at CDJapan now.

Date: June 11, 2015 13:35

ElGeordie
I just bought the DVD set with the Brussels CD from CD Japan. Eighty seven dollars including shipping.

Thanks ElGeordie

Date: June 11, 2015 13:42

Just recieved my copy from Japan (Marquee: DVD und CD, Brussels: 2 CD), very fast shipping (3 days - OK, I paid for that) to Germany by cdjapan! Great stuff, the Brussels CDs are indeed in a spererate jewel-case!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 11, 2015 13:52

muenke
Just recieved my copy from Japan (Marquee: DVD und CD, Brussels: 2 CD), very fast shipping (3 days - OK, I paid for that) to Germany by cdjapan! Great stuff, the Brussels CDs are indeed in a spererate jewel-case!
Congratulations. Just a stupid question - how much did you pay for extra EU tax?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 11, 2015 14:00

razorback9200
There is...actually 2 thick jewel cases + booklets inside a cardboard sleeve

Indeed.

You shouldn't have posted those pics... I now need mine.
I think I'll send a mail today to my contact in japan!

Date: June 11, 2015 14:07

ironbelly
muenke
Congratulations. Just a stupid question - how much did you pay for extra EU tax?

This is not a stupid question! This deal wasn´t really cheap, I paid 111 € in toto, including taxes and shipping. Shipping was very expensive, because I choosed the international fast delivery option (I was impatient). Taxes should be 19% (Mehrwertsteuer in Germany).

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 11, 2015 14:11

muenke
ironbelly
muenke

This is not a stupid question! This deal wasn´t really cheap, I paid 111 € in toto, including taxes and shipping. Shipping was very expensive, because I choosed the international fast delivery option (I was impatient). Taxes should be 19% (Mehrwertsteuer in Germany).
Thanx. Guess, the tax should be more or less the same for all countries within EU. I am tempted...

Date: June 11, 2015 14:14

ironbelly
muenke
ironbelly
muenke

Thanx. Guess, the tax should be more or less the same for all countries within EU. I am tempted...

thumbs up

Date: June 11, 2015 14:18

By the way: will the Marquee be released on iTunes (because I would like to watch it on my ipad with headphones while travelling)? Any idea when?

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: June 11, 2015 16:21

How about the sound of Brussels? From another forum;

Brussels lives up to its legendary billing and the sound is way better than the download of a few years ago. And as ragged as the Marquee set is, it's great to see and hear the Mick Taylor version of the Stones in their prime. Cool stuff

Date: June 11, 2015 17:56

kevinkamphuis

Brussels lives up to its legendary billing and the sound is way better than the download of a few years ago. And as ragged as the Marquee set is, it's great to see and hear the Mick Taylor version of the Stones in their prime. Cool stuff

To my ears the sound is great and better as the download, but that is no surpise, because I had Brussels only as a mp3-download (not FLAC). Someone should compare the FLAC-version with the CD!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 11, 2015 18:10

You can find it at eBay too

Got one !

[www.ebay.nl]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:15

muenke

By the way: will the Marquee be released on iTunes (because I would like to watch it on my ipad with headphones while travelling)? Any idea when?

It will be released on iTunes, probably June 22, 2015: [www.rollingstones.com] .

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 11, 2015 19:23

muenke
slewan
[www.jpc.de]

click your way through "Videoauswahl"

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 11, 2015 21:32

kevinkamphuis

I don't know. The new Brussels Cd's are certainly louder than the download. Maybe they sound fuller, but it's hard to tell because they are so brick walled.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 11, 2015 22:51

I got it too, today. Hopefully I've avoided the import duty due to getting it sent to work address, as a gift.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home