Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:32

Just saw this post from Stonesmuziekfan (Jaap) on Hotsutff ...

"Best Buy is Selling the Marquee Club with a $3 coupon for the upcoming July 24 resease of "From the Vaults Hyde Park 69".

[www.bestbuy.com]

Anyone know any more?

Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:39

as i said i hope this is true would be awesome to see and hear the full show

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:42

wtf – that's three releases of old stuff within some 50 days (Sticky Fingers, Marquee, Hide Park)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:44

philrock90

Yep, and if possible in tune as well. smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 15:47

but if it is correct then why haven't we had an official announcement yet?

Date: May 29, 2015 15:48

Most of this show + the film has been released officially before. Nice to have, but it feels like a missed opportunity. I'm a bit ambivalent to this one...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 16:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:49

philrock90
but if it is correct then why haven't we had an official announcement yet?

I don't know, hoping to get some more info from this thread....as you say, so far I've not seen any official either.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:16

If it it's the whole show it could be a great release. Also it would the first "From the vault" series release featuring a concert from the 60's...

Date: May 29, 2015 16:23

kleermaker
philrock90

Yep, and if possible in tune as well. smiling smiley

No auto-tune, please! smiling smiley

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:30

That is AWESOME!!! Great f---ing news, I say. July 24! I love the Hyde Park show, it's slow groove and all, and never have heard a really good quality recording. MT's first show... Historical. My favorite version of HTW, and Under My Thumb/ I'm Free is very good as well. There's another rarely played older tune on there also, can't remember what it is... Great setlist, though, and just excellent news that it is getting an official release. Awesome, and thanks for posting.

Date: May 29, 2015 16:32

Tate
That is AWESOME!!! Great f---ing news, I say. July 24! I love the Hyde Park show, it's slow groove and all, and never have heard a really good quality recording. MT's first show... Historical. My favorite version of HTW, and Under My Thumb/ I'm Free is very good as well. There's another rarely played older tune on there also, can't remember what it is... Great setlist, though, and just excellent news that it is getting an official release. Awesome, and thanks for posting.

HTW is really good on this! One of the few times where Keith played most of the riffing he did on the record. thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2015 16:32

Oops I guess there is no Under My Thumb on that one... I am thinking of Ya Ya's... And Mercy, Mercy is what I was thinking of.... Awesome version.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:35

kowalski
Also it would the first "From the vault" series release featuring a concert from the 60's...

Strange indeed.
If the Abkco era shows may also be considered on the "From the vault" series, we can hope to hear stuff from a not so well documented live period.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:01

Tate
Oops I guess there is no Under My Thumb on that one... I am thinking of Ya Ya's... And Mercy, Mercy is what I was thinking of.... Awesome version.

and there is Down Home Girl!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:30

Do you think they release a stereo recording?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:34

What a downer if it's true, I wonder if they don't have any other video recordings from 1969-1975, except the ones we've already seen??

I know that all shows since 1989 has been pro-shot, hopefully we will get some rare modern era shows later on.

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:46

Offical I'm yours and I'm hers

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:50

The Hyde Park show has already come out several times. I have two DVDs (one from Granada, the other in a kind of steel case which is pretty cool)
With footage of that "quality" you really can't expect a remastering revelation.

Date: May 29, 2015 17:52

Nikkei
The Hyde Park show has already come out several times. I have two DVDs (one from Granada, the other in a kind of steel case which is pretty cool)
With footage of that "quality" you really can't expect a remastering revelation.

It would be nice if it was edited back into a full show in the right running order though......maybe...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:52

Nikkei

The official Marquee looks miles better than the old bootleg DVD's.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:56

EasterMan
What a downer if it's true, I wonder if they don't have any other video recordings from 1969-1975, except the ones we've already seen??

I know that all shows since 1989 has been pro-shot, hopefully we will get some rare modern era shows later on.

I think they simply wants to release everything which already has been bootlegged first.

Instead of releasing say, an unseen 1975 pro-shot they want to release a definitive version of the already seen LA video first, since official releases will put the bootlegs ''out of circulation''.

When they've remastered all the bootlegs we already have, then we can expect some unseen stuff. I hope this doesn't mean we will get official releases of Tokyo 1990 and Tokyo 1995 eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 17:59 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:57

That is true, but the Stones seemed to have sat on a decent copy of the Marquee footage for years, while the bootleggers sold like 5th generation versions.
The Hyde Park footage was owned by Granada and the redflare etc is from the original. It would involve heavy digital editing.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:03

This would be AWESOME! This is a legendary gig! Yes, this one was already released offical years ago (VHS, DVD, eveb BluRay), but not the whole gig and the quality was very bad, at least soundwise. As far as I know, the concert was recorded by the Stones mobile unit, so I´m pretty sure they have it in excellent quality in the Vaults. And I expect the whole gig, like any other "vault-release" so far! GREAT NEWS ... if true!

Date: May 29, 2015 18:05

I suspect this release will be higher quality than the 'Stones In The Park' dvd and the bootlegs we've heard in the past. I would be very surprised if we don't get a much improved sound. There must be a good recording of this in the 'vaults.'

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:28

If we get an improved sound for Hyde Park, like with the LA 75 DVD, we will be able to hear much clearer how hopelessly out of tune the guitarists were at that gig.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:43

IF the sound is improved and IF it will be the whole gig.
Otherwise - how often did I get me that show over the years? 5x, 10x, 15x?!
Really . . But seems everything is great these days . .

Date: May 29, 2015 18:56

one vault they should release should be a gig from 1999

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:05

A complete concert video would be great but I'll believe it when I see it although complete versions of "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations" do exist.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:22

I think this is a bit too much all at once from the great 69-72 period, but don't worry Mick I will buy ofcourse. I own too much already. Why stop now?

Still hoping for Light The Fuse 2005 and a 1999 No Security show for the next From The Vault release.

Is the 50 & Counting Tour already in The Vaults? Release a box of it beginning with the pre-rehearsals for the 50 & Counting Tour in 2011 with Bill and Ben Waters. Three days of rehearsal, Mick Jagger only present the last day.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:24

Is there actually any mention of this "from the vault" release being a DVD?

I suspect we're getting the full audio but I very much doubt we would get another DVD of that gig.

They would need all the original film elements and would have to edit everything from scratch. Way too much effort for something that already has a DVD/Bluray release.
Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 19:24 by vudicus.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home