Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Real Stones Fan ???
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 8, 2015 03:06

I would like to hear definitions of what one thinks a "Real Stones Fan" is.
We have all read this term quite often in most of the post on IORR.
Is a "Real Stones Fan" someone who while listening to "Shattered" strokes off to a poster of Mick and has a needle in one arm in honor of Keith ???
Come on lets give it a go...I would like to hear descriptions of a "Real Stones Fan"....

Re: Real Stones Fan ???
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 8, 2015 03:24

real stones fans pack a 12 inch c*ck. too bad you're unqualified to talk about "real" stones fans.

Date: May 8, 2015 03:29

sundevil
real stones fans pack a 12 inch c*ck. too bad you're unqualified to talk about "real" stones fans.

Who's 12 Inch are you packing ???

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 8, 2015 03:42

2120Wolf

To me, if a so-called fan says that Exile is not the Stones masterpiece, I pretty much dismiss them as a fake fan.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 8, 2015 03:51

A fan of the Stones and Real Madrid ?

Date: May 8, 2015 03:52

LeonidP
2120Wolf

To me, if a so-called fan says that Exile is not the Stones masterpiece, I pretty much dismiss them as a fake fan.

Well...To me there are several masterpieces...And yes Exile is one of them.
If someone said that they thought Let it Bleed & Sticky together stood up to Exile would you then consider them not being a "Real Stones Fan" ?????

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2015 04:10

2120Wolf
sundevil

oh, that was quite good 2120Wolf, if I do say so myself!

Date: May 8, 2015 04:15

treaclefingers
2120Wolf
sundevil

Yes Fingers, it is hard to mess with so called "Real Stones Fans" such as ourselves...Thank You...Gotta Stay Sharp...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2015 04:16

I slept with one once ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 8, 2015 04:25

To me, there's no need to bother with labelling everyone else as Fan or Fake Fan. Shouldn't we just care that we're big fans ourselves? If someone is willing to talk with me about the Stones, awesome, I don't care if they're a "true fan" or not. I just love the Stones! I know there are people who would probably consider me not a real fan because of my age, but I don't care. I'm just happy that I know I'm a true fan.
Edit- just want to say also that I totally get that I'm at the bottom of the food chain here, being at least among the youngest fans. I have so much respect for the fans that have seen them as far back as the 60s and 70s.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 04:42 by stones2000.

Date: May 8, 2015 04:34

Rockman
I slept with one once ....

no one believes you've only masturbated once RM.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 8, 2015 04:44

2120Wolf
Is a "Real Stones Fan" someone who while listening to "Shattered" strokes off to a poster of Mick and has a needle in one arm in honor of Keith ???
Come on lets give it a go...I would like to hear descriptions of a "Real Stones Fan"....

Weeeeeell, I'll give you my opinion of one example of how a True Stones Fan behaves. A True Stone Fan, when upon reading a somewhat socially inappropriate, somewhat offensive, post like quoted here above, does NOT respond by immediately thinking "AAAAAHHHHHHH" and then going to the Control Center of this Forum & unregistering and never coming back here again. And why would a True Stones Fan, as I do consider myself, respond that way? Because I love the Stones, this iorr.org, & the other people who post here THAT much. Enough to override my impulse right now to flee or become merely a Lurker only for practical advice, never to post interactively again.

And if you have to ask what do I find offensive about your posts here on this thread so far, weeeeeeeeeell, if you have to ask, Mister, I can't explain it to you. Put it this way, would you like Mick jagger or Keith Richards to read your opening post here? How do you think it would make them feel?

P.S. For clarity let me point out my reaction here has nothing to do with gender politics, meaning my gender, your gender, my sexual preferences or yours. That's all a non-issue to me. It's a simple matter of common decency in social interactions.

Just one more comment then I'll go. If I can use myself in another specific behavioral example of what may constitute "True Stones Fan" behavior, well then here goes: On a day such as this, when I'm feeling a little under the weather for about the 5th straight day, & I have no social interactions opportunities, I "call it a day" by 5PM & crawl under my blankets to escape from the world. Then, sometimes just for mere entertainment, or at other times, emotional catharsis, I invariable choose out of approx 300 other musical choices I have readily at hand, The Stones. I choose their lyrics, music, & vocal performances 99.99% of the time.

Perhaps you were just trying to be humorous, or even perhaps trying, in your way, to get through this day, and to make socialy fun or meaningful interactions when you expressed yourself as you did. Either way, good luck to you & I hope you have a good discussion thread about the definition of a True Stones Fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 06:23 by tauk.

Date: May 8, 2015 04:46

stones2000
To me, there's no need to bother with labelling everyone else as Fan or Fake Fan. Shouldn't we just care that we're big fans ourselves? If someone is willing to talk with me about the Stones, awesome, I don't care if they're a "true fan" or not. I just love the Stones! I know there are people who would probably consider me not a real fan because of my age, but I don't care. I'm just happy that I know I'm a true fan.

Stones2000 - Your age does not matter...Exactly "You know that you are a true fan" Regardles of how many shows you have gone to, Regardles of knowing lyrics, chord sequineces, or how manY times you shook Micks hand..."You know that you are a true fan" .....Well said 2000

Date: May 8, 2015 04:57

tauk
2120Wolf

Weeeeeel, I'll give you my opinion of one example of how a True Stones Fan behaves. A True Stone Fan, when upon reading a somewhat socially inappropriate, somewhat offensive, post like quoted here above, does NOT respond by immediately thinking "AAAAAHHHHHHH" and then going to the Control Center of this Forum & unregistering and never coming back here again. And why would a True Stones Fan, as I do consider myself, respond that way? Because I love the Stones, this iorr.org, & the other people who post here THAT much. Enough to override my impulse right now to flee or become merely a Lurker only for practical advice, never to post interactively again.

And if you have to ask what do I find offensive about your posts here on this thread so far, weeeeeeeeeel, if you have to ask, Mister, I can't explain it to you. Put it this way, would you like Mick jagger or Keith Richards to read your opening post here? How do you think it would make them feel?

P.S. For clarity let me point out my reaction here has nothing to do with gender politics, meaning my gender, your gender, my sexual preferences or yours. That's all a non-issue to me. It's a simple matter of common decency in social interactions.

Just one more comment then I'll go. If I can use myself in another specific behavioral example of what may constitute "True Stones Fan" behavior, well then here goes: On a day such as this, when I'm feeling a little under the weather for about the 5th straight day, & I have no social interactions opportunities, I "call it a day" by 5PM & crawl under my blankets to escape from the world. Then, sometimes just for mere entertainment, or at other times, emotional catharsis, I invariable choose out of approx 300 other musical choices I have readily at hand, The Stones. I choose their lyrics, music, & vocal performances 99.99% of the time.

Perhaps you were just trying to be humorous, or even perhaps trying, in your way, to get through this day, and to make socialy fun or meaningful interactions when you expressed yourself as you did. Either way, good luck to you & I hope you have a good discussion thread about the definition of a True Stones Fan.

Yes all humor...All Fun...Nothing More, Nothing Less....
And if...which I doubt Mick and Keith read any of this, I am sure they would get a laugh out of it...and If they did'nt...so what...I am sure they would not lose any sleep..

The Reason: Because I see this statement in post after post and it makes me think...Super Fan...Real Fan, it is so F'ing ridiculous...Whoaaaa there goes another one...I guess I was looking for an explanation from the judge and jury on the difference between...Fan...Real & Super and all the various labels that keep popping up on this site rgarding fan loyalty...Thank You for your insight....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 05:01 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2015 04:58

.....TREACLE!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2015 04:59

2120Wolf
tauk
2120Wolf

Weeeeeel, I'll give you my opinion of one example of how a True Stones Fan behaves. A True Stone Fan, when upon reading a somewhat socially inappropriate, somewhat offensive, post like quoted here above, does NOT respond by immediately thinking "AAAAAHHHHHHH" and then going to the Control Center of this Forum & unregistering and never coming back here again. And why would a True Stones Fan, as I do consider myself, respond that way? Because I love the Stones, this iorr.org, & the other people who post here THAT much. Enough to override my impulse right now to flee or become merely a Lurker only for practical advice, never to post interactively again.

And if you have to ask what do I find offensive about your posts here on this thread so far, weeeeeeeeeel, if you have to ask, Mister, I can't explain it to you. Put it this way, would you like Mick jagger or Keith Richards to read your opening post here? How do you think it would make them feel?

The Reason: Because I see this statement in post after post and it makes me think...Super Fan...Real Fan, it is so F'ing ridiculous...Whoaaaa there goes another one...I guess I was looking for an explanation from the judge and jury on the difference between...Fan...Real & Super and all the various labels that keep popping up on this site rgarding fan loyalty...Thank You for your insight....

anyone that posts regularly on this board can probably consider themselves a superfan, or at least a big irritating nerd that should get out more in social situations.

Date: May 8, 2015 05:07

treaclefingers
2120Wolf
tauk
2120Wolf

anyone that posts regularly on this board can probably consider themselves a superfan, or at least a big irritating nerd that should get out more in social situations.

Yes...No Doubt...It is Obvious and that is whats baffling when I see the self-proclaimed condenscending bunch talking down like they are in another league.
As if they are in the Band....

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 8, 2015 05:33

2120Wolf's Opening Thread Statement;

Come on lets give it a go...I would like to hear descriptions of a "Real Stones Fan"....[/quote]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Uhh, sorry i'm just not quite up to speed yet, I'm working on it, Patience Please. Thank you.

Carolyn G

2120Wolf

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 8, 2015 06:01

2120Wolf
LeonidP
2120Wolf

Well...To me there are several masterpieces...And yes Exile is one of them.
If someone said that they thought Let it Bleed & Sticky together stood up to Exile would you then consider them not being a "Real Stones Fan" ?????

No, i am referring to a handful of fans on here that often state Exile is not great and full of filler. Again, they can be dismissed as being a true RS fan.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: May 8, 2015 06:02

treaclefingers
2120Wolf
sundevil

Fantastic! Killed it!

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 8, 2015 06:20

A real fan appreciate that their favourite artist are human beings, who create art.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 8, 2015 07:08

2120Wolf
stones2000

Stones2000 - Your age does not matter...Exactly "You know that you are a true fan" Regardles of how many shows you have gone to, Regardles of knowing lyrics, chord sequineces, or how manY times you shook Micks hand..."You know that you are a true fan" .....Well said 2000

Thanks smiling smiley Just doing my part in contributing to threads and all that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-08 07:10 by stones2000.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 8, 2015 07:29

To me, it's all about how you feel in the final seconds before the Stones hit the stage.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:06

If you care enough about them to comment on an online forum, you must be a real fan.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:32

Well, this is not 1965, or even 1975.

If you are post-50, what does it mean to be a "fan?"

Some ideas:

You like their music.
You have great memories of their their vibe, whether that be from direct experience (1978!) of from just reading about them from an era when you were too young to have been aware.
You have seen them a few times over the past 25 years.
Do you have to buy every CD or DVD? Absolutely not.
Do you have to see them this time round? Absolutely not.
Do you have most of their music sitting on your hard drive? Yes.
Do you have at least 100 GB of their movies sitting on your hard drive? Yes.
Will you "jump the boards" when the house lights are switched off to rush the stage? No. And no because you can't even do that anymore, it's not the 1960s or 1970s.
Do you even feel comfortable calling yourself a "fan?" Not really.
Do you like looking at the rock and roll chicks and rock and roll women when you attend a concert? Yes.
Do you feel a tug at your heartstrings when you see a fan in the audience wearing a Stars-and-Stripes Uncle Sam top hat? Yes.
Do you feel a need to be an "active fan?" No.
Do you think there is still a possibility that you will get chills running up and down your spine if a "magic moment" happens at a concert? Yes.
Do you feel a bit uncomfortable when the Jumbotron screen catches one of them at a certain angle and they really and truly look like a tired old man? Yes.
Do you wince if Keith flubs a note or simply stops playing or Mick gets the words mixed up? Yes.
Do you wish desperately that you could have been old enough to have seen them in 1969 or 1970? Yes.
Do you feel ambivalent about the term "fan." Yes.
Are you almost completely out of touch with contemporary music and pop culture? Yes.
Are you still ready to rock even if you might just sit in your seat and passively take it all in? Yes.
Will it tug at your heartstrings when just Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie get together for a final bow? Yes.
Do you have immense respect for all they have done and still feel a magical connection with the Stones representing a bridge in time all the way back to the "Youth Revolution" of the 1960s? Yes.
Do you feel a need to thank them for all they have done. Yes.
Were you somewhat shocked that in the early 21st century the Rolling Stones were still active in one form or another? Yes.
Are you shocked that you can actually see the Rolling Stones in concert in 2015? Yes.
Do you accept that the "glory days" are definitively over and even though there is a fan base spanning all ages, for the vast majority of 20-somethings, 30-somethings, and even 40-somethings, the Rolling Stones mean next to nothing and have no resonance with them. Yes.
Do you feel old when you mention the song "Honky Tonk Woman" to somebody that is 30 years old and they have no idea what you are talking about? Yes.
Do you still think that they are the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World? Yes.
Do you think that they will go down as the Greatest Rock and Roll Band of All Time. Yes.
Even though you don't get excited any more, and you can't name all of the tracks on their last three albums, are you still a bona fide fan? Yes.
Do you still like to listen to Rocks Off and do you still feel that kick in the a**? Yes.

It's complicated, but I am a fan.

Posted by: ChelseaGirls ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:39

Listening to a band is not a religion. Period.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:42

A real Stones-fan can Take it or Leave it....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:43

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 8, 2015 08:44

If you have many bootlegs of the 81/82 tour, all of them with the same setlist....i think you are a real (or Juventus) stone fan ..

Date: May 8, 2015 08:47

I love their music and enjoy their shows...

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home