Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 10, 2015 04:39

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
roller99
Ok, won't post it. Not familiar with the protocol...

Don't know much about the protocol...I guess this "secret" information should only be available to a select few who will keep it to themselves and stand politely in the alley. confused smiley But like I said I have no idea how Bjornulf feels about it, only that he is often one of the folks outside listening, probably wants it to be an exclusive club.

But since you are the only one who knows at this point, you now have the responsibility of camping out and reporting the songs you hear! That is the important info. for most of us.

peace

Maybe this post explains it all: "We do not publish names of hotels or private addresses or other information about band members on IORR, because of security. Remember there are lots of paparazzis who need that info, also some psycho people with bad intentions. We don't want anything to happen, and nobody knows who is asking and who read here, good or bad interntions..."

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. Sometimes I forget just how public this board is, it seems more like a group of friends most the time.

And upon further reflection I'm not even sure I want to know what songs I'm likely to hear, it's so nice to be surprised by the opening bars of a non-warhorse. Not that you'd ever find me hanging in the alley anyway.....well maybe if Ronnie and Keith were required to step outside for their smoke breaks. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2015 04:42

Hairball
roller99
One thing I will post is info on the club gig. Two nights at the Fonda theater, invite only.

Fonda Theater is already booked on May 20th (rumored date) - Shakey Graves with The Barr Brothers.
Maybe The Barr Brothers are really The Glimmer Twins? Haha.

If the plans have changed, maybe the date(s) have changed too, so I think it could be on May 18th and 19th, if the information about two gigs is correct. I hope that at least on one of these days they sell tickets for the (lucky) fans. smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2015 04:43

Hairball
Maybe The Barr Brothers are really The Glimmer Twins? Haha.

No but they are pretty damn good. Love the instrumentation.

peace

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2015 04:43

roller99
It doesn't matter, unless you drive in like I did, you won't hear or see anything. If you live in L.A. and rent studios, finding this should be easy...

Would you mind emailing me the "clue" that prompted you to drive over there?

Date: May 10, 2015 04:53

Naturalust

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. Sometimes I forget just how public this board is, it seems more like a group of friends most the time.

peace

Exactly. Although we're talking everyday like old friends, there's a lot of people we don't know that have access to IORR, so they can do what they want with the information they read here. It took me some time on this board to realize how public is the information here, too. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 04:56 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 10, 2015 05:07

If there are guys out there right now, song lists would be amazing! I was lucky enough to be out in Paris with BV (and maybe some more of you guys?) but unfortunately on the other side of the world for these ones!!

If any of you guys were in Paris, I was stupid and didn't get your names on IORR - let me know if I might have met you!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 10, 2015 05:30

They are rehearsing in LA right now. They are at one of the dozens, probably hundreds of studios you find in Los Angeles. This time they are at a location where you will not hear or see anything. Probably not planned for, but that is just the way it is.

I do respect the band's need of privacy. I would not bother them. I am here for the music, to hear what they do. To be as close as possible to the band I have loved so much for a lifetime. But you don't hear anything this time, so there is absolutely no reason for driving around in LA looking for where they are. Unless you were invited in, there is nothing to see, nothing to hear.

I have seen them every day leaving, chased by cars who are after their autographs and pictures. I feel sorry for them, there is not much you can do about it. So far the chasing parties did not find out about where they rehearse, and I am happy about that. As it is getting closer to the special event, four days before the main event, we can all rest and enjoy having our band working on Sticky Fingers and other numbers.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 17:56 by bv.

Date: May 10, 2015 05:30

Back in the day, these guys would start rehearsals late in the night and play till the sun was up. I imagine they're gearing the rehearsal times these days to coincide with their show times to "acclimate" their older bodies to being up and playing then. Probably start by 8 and are done by midnight. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 10, 2015 05:34

exciting stuff. looking forward to the updates bv (and others)

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 05:57

It wasn't a clue. I know someone...

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 10, 2015 06:06

bv
As it is getting closer to the big event, four days before the main event, we can all rest and enjoy having our band working on Sticky Fingers and other numbers.

I'm not sure if BV means that there is a warm-up show in 4 days, or that closer to opening night in SD they will be rehearsing somewhere more public, but this sure hints at something so far unannounced?

Date: May 10, 2015 06:33

Bsebastian
bv
As it is getting closer to the big event, four days before the main event, we can all rest and enjoy having our band working on Sticky Fingers and other numbers.

I'm not sure if BV means that there is a warm-up show in 4 days, or that closer to opening night in SD they will be rehearsing somewhere more public, but this sure hints at something so far unannounced?

I think the main event is the opening concert in San Diego.

Date: May 10, 2015 06:38

roller99
It doesn't matter, unless you drive in like I did, you won't hear or see anything. If you live in L.A. and rent studios, finding this should be easy...

If you could send me an e-mail,I would be very grateful. I don't know anything about any rehearsals.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2015 07:27

roller99
It wasn't a clue. I know someone...

I was at the 2013 rehearsal for 3 days and would love to do it again. If you can email a hint or anything I would be very appreciative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 07:27 by Justin.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:08

I too, don't understand the 4 day reference. Tix onsale day?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:13

Bsebastian
Leonioid
Lien
Charlotte winking smiley
[instagram.com]

I think this was the beauty who was supplying us with set lists each night? Added!!

she's charlie's grand-daughter.

I just can't believe that someone a year younger than me (Serafina) has a daughter that old....do we know how old Charlotte is?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:21

shawnriffhard1

I believe he's referring to the rumored LA show date of May 20, 4 days before the official tour start.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 10, 2015 08:28

Halup
shawnriffhard1

I believe he's referring to the rumored LA show date of May 20, 4 days before the official tour start.

that would make sense, but let's see how it all unfolds with bv's continuing reports.

plexi

Posted by: FB ()
Date: May 10, 2015 12:15

Yes, stones are back in town, ready for their tour. Just a couple of weeks leftsmiling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2015 12:32

bv
I have seen them every day leaving, chased by cars who are after their autographs and pictures. I feel sorry for them, there is not much you can do about it. So far the chasing parties did not find out about where they rehearse, and I am happy about that. As it is getting closer to the big event, four days before the main event, we can all rest and enjoy having our band working on Sticky Fingers and other numbers.

How many days would be "every day" in this case?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 10, 2015 13:34

I was at the last couple of days at Telenor Arena Oslo, and it was so laid back with no more than 20 -30 fans and great sound outside.
Could see them close up as they were driven out as well.
Would be great if all rehearsals were like this, but just can't imagine it happening in U.S.A

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2015 14:43

[twitter.com]

That is a LOT of cheeseburgers right there. Do they expect Taylor for lunch? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 10, 2015 15:02

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

That is a LOT of cheeseburgers right there. Do they expect Taylor for lunch? >grinning smiley<
BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOL :)

Date: May 10, 2015 16:53

In and out.

Date: May 10, 2015 16:54

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 17:27 by roller99.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 10, 2015 17:09

What

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: May 10, 2015 17:55

roller99
In and out.

Best burgers ever.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 10, 2015 19:32

bv
They are rehearsing in LA right now. They are at one of the dozens, probably hundreds of studios you find in Los Angeles. This time they are at a location where you will not hear or see anything. Probably not planned for, but that is just the way it is.

I do respect the band's need of privacy. I would not bother them. I am here for the music, to hear what they do. To be as close as possible to the band I have loved so much for a lifetime. But you don't hear anything this time, so there is absolutely no reason for driving around in LA looking for where they are. Unless you were invited in, there is nothing to see, nothing to hear.

I have seen them every day leaving, chased by cars who are after their autographs and pictures. I feel sorry for them, there is not much you can do about it. So far the chasing parties did not find out about where they rehearse, and I am happy about that. As it is getting closer to the special event, four days before the main event, we can all rest and enjoy having our band working on Sticky Fingers and other numbers.

BV, I see that you altered this post and deleted the part where you said "I'll tell you everything" (or something to that effect.)

Does this mean that YOU'LL post the small gigs (if there are any!!) info?

Thanks,
CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 10, 2015 20:08

Nikkei
[twitter.com]

IN-N-OUT is just around the corner...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2015 21:26

Do you think Charlie will accept to debase himself by eating this?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home