Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stripped/Wild Horses
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:26

Man, I think the version of Wild Horses from "Stripped" is just amazing. Keith and Ronnie's beautiful guitar weaving sounds so nice on this version, and Mick's voice is just spot on here. Anyone else love Stripped?

Re: Stripped/Wild Horses
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 17:53

I really love Stripped and the Stripped Companion. Wild Horses, Shine a Light, Sweet Virginia and Love in Vain (Stripped) have magnificent vocals and guitars, I have a real soft spot for Memory Motel on the Stripped Companion, it is mesmerising, it brakes my heart, but in a really good way.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 26, 2015 19:59

Love the Stones on Stripped. Wild Horses is amazing. Here's a clip of Keith and some friends doing a mellow Wild Horses. The pedal steel work is very nice in this. Keith's fishing lures are something else.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 26, 2015 21:20

Love it! Love Honest I Do and Beast Of Burden on Stripped Companion as well thumbs up

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 26, 2015 21:45

Stripped is my favourite latter day Stones album.
This is my home made "Stripped Deluxe Edition".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-26 21:54 by Deltics.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:10

It looks like an excellent selection, can I get a link to the cd? Thanks

Date: April 27, 2015 00:15

dmay
Love the Stones on Stripped. Wild Horses is amazing. Here's a clip of Keith and some friends doing a mellow Wild Horses. The pedal steel work is very nice in this. Keith's fishing lures are something else.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for the link!

Date: April 27, 2015 00:16

Deltics
Stripped is my favourite latter day Stones album.
This is my home made "Stripped Deluxe Edition".

Wow that's cool! I'd buy that so quick

Date: April 27, 2015 00:20

midimannz

Check yer inbox! winking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:27

Please where is this from.

A stripped memory motel is one i have to have please.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 27, 2015 00:57

Deltics
midimannz

Check yer inbox! winking smiley

Nice compilation !! I have some of the bonus tracks in CD singles and a soundtrack, but not the others.
a link please....

my mail is: ricardostone@hotmail.com

Best and many thanks!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 27, 2015 01:01

Yeah I hate to jump on the bandwagon but I'd pretty interested in that as well! Stop Breaking Down, Honest I Do, Rip This Joint, Memory Motel. I'd love to hear those!

And what kills me is I JUST heard Stripped. Now I'm gonna have to hear it all over again lol! Excellent release. One of their fewer late era true home runs IMO.

Date: April 27, 2015 01:04

RollingFreak
Yeah I hate to jump on the bandwagon but I'd pretty interested in that as well! Stop Breaking Down, Honest I Do, Rip This Joint, Memory Motel. I'd love to hear those!

And what kills me is I JUST heard Stripped. Now I'm gonna have to hear it all over again lol! Excellent release. One of their fewer late era true home runs IMO.

Your email address is hidden, mine isn't! winking smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 27, 2015 02:44

Deltics
RollingFreak

Your email address is hidden, mine isn't! winking smiley
Sorry about that! RollingFreakStones@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 27, 2015 02:56

Not meaning to pile on, but I too would LOVe a link to that outstanding personal Stripped compilation!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 03:04

Hi Deltics I have just sent you an e-mail regarding your fantastic compilation. Sorry to pile on, but it is really outstanding. Thank yousmoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:18

stones2000
Man, I think the version of Wild Horses from "Stripped" is just amazing. Keith and Ronnie's beautiful guitar weaving sounds so nice on this version, and Mick's voice is just spot on here. Anyone else love Stripped?

I like Stripped ... not love. The main issues: 1) the original regular versions are significantly better than the Stripped versions, and 2) it was an 'unplugged' bandwagon album, which they didn't really do unplugged -- would much have preferred the standard intimate mtv stripped format that most other bands did.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 27, 2015 04:30

desertblues68
Hi Deltics I have just sent you an e-mail regarding your fantastic compilation. Sorry to pile on, but it is really outstanding. Thank yousmoking smiley

I don't mind piling it on. That looks like a GREAT compilation. I have loved everything I've heard from that Paradiso show. They were just on their game that night. Acoustic treatment always seems to work for the Stones, imo.

peace

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 27, 2015 05:03

I used to have the companion but over the years, moving etc. I have misplaced it. Don't even have the original version anymore either. I miss it, loved it when it came out.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: April 27, 2015 05:15

I love the official released "Stripped" and "Stripped Companion", always have from 1st listen. Seems strange to me so many feel it's just ok . Die hards, critics etc. I think it's fabulous myself. Iv'e always wished they'd have done more things similar to this. The MEZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-27 05:59 by The Mez.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:18

Excellent; I have my own 'Stripped Deluxe' on ipod for listening enjoyment - consists of the album and the Stripped Companion; 26 tracks in total methinks (I left off the VL B-Sides); and it is one hell of a listen!

The Stones were genuinely current in those days; friends here all knew of Voodoo Lounge and Stripped; the video for 'Like A Rolling Stone' was very well known, and the song was even played in bars here! It was a wonderful time to be a Stones fan, and the albums bring back those great memories (1993/1994 was when I was became a massive fan)

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:24

Stripped is great, the Stones play very good on it, I prefer the Wild Horses version to the one from Sticky Fingers.

Date: April 27, 2015 11:28

windmelody
Stripped is great, the Stones play very good on it, I prefer the Wild Horses version to the one from Sticky Fingers.

Band-wise, I agree. Mick and Keith's vocals on SF, however, are hard to beat.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 27, 2015 11:55

All Down the Line is brilliant on Stripped companion. I think they peaked, playing wise, in the mid 90s.

Date: April 27, 2015 12:04

Svartmer
All Down the Line is brilliant on Stripped companion. I think they peaked, playing wise, in the mid 90s.

That one is also one of the few absolutely stunning tracks from SAL.

When watching Crossfire Hurricane, they played ADTL from SAL right after a good 1981 clip. It rocked so hard in comparison.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 27, 2015 12:07

stripped Companion is one of the ultimate bootleg success-stories of recent times. It truly is an incredibly enjoyable listen.

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: April 27, 2015 15:45

the memory motel version can be heard here.... video: [www.youtube.com]
I really love the "Honest I do " cool smiley

Date: April 27, 2015 16:00

BOB:

LSTNT:

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:09

johnh
the memory motel version can be heard here.... video: [www.youtube.com]
I really love the "Honest I do " cool smiley

Thanks.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 27, 2015 16:36

It's not an exaggeration to say that Stripped is a key reason why I'm a huge Stones fan.

I was 15 when Stripped came out and just starting to find my musical identity. Needless to say, most kids my age at the time weren't into the Stones, but more into either grunge/alternative or hip hop, but being the nerdy, introverted contrarian that I was, I saw these old, grizzled guys rocking out and instantly thought they were the coolest bastards I ever saw, especially dapper Charlie playing drums in a suit during Love Is Strong/Start Me Up on the MTV Music Awards in '94.

When the Stripped special aired on MTV, it sealed the deal for me, especially the scorching version of Gimme Shelter, which I still think is one of the all-time greatest live versions of that song ever, even going back to the classic '70s renditions.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home