Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2015 05:30

VoodooLounge13
Just got my ticket - $170 in section 133. Very excited. Haven't seen them since Churchill Downs on the ABB tour - this will be my 12th time!!!!! Can't wait!! I will probably sleep in my car somewhere on the way toward home. It's a 6 hour ride from there without traffic, and there will definitely be a LOT of that!!
where are you leaving from?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 3, 2015 12:46

buffalo7478
The airport is not open 24 hours, but opens well in advance of any morning flights (first flights out are around 6 am, it opens before 5). It is a smaller, easier to navigate airport. It isn't JFK or O'Hare.

Actually I think it is open 24 hours. I arrived around 2:30 am for my flight to Nashville. The parking shuttle was operating from the economy parking lot. But the machines issuing boarding passes (and the staffed counters) don't operate until about 5 am, you can't clear security until around the same time, and there is bloody little to nothing open for food and beverage. Lots of people sleeping on the seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 12:52 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 15:40

DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13
Just got my ticket - $170 in section 133. Very excited. Haven't seen them since Churchill Downs on the ABB tour - this will be my 12th time!!!!! Can't wait!! I will probably sleep in my car somewhere on the way toward home. It's a 6 hour ride from there without traffic, and there will definitely be a LOT of that!!

Coming up from Connecticut

Date: July 3, 2015 17:51

VoodooLounge13
DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13

Here's my zip code 12414. Let me know if you will be passing nearby Saturday morning and want a passenger for company and road expenses.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:45

anyone hiking up from NYC?

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 4, 2015 03:58

I am heading up from DC along with a few others. Its only an hour flight from BWI and that seemed to be the easiest way to get there. It was difficult finding a place to stay on Saturday night.
It looks like there are several posts with people trying to get a room the airport will probably be full of people leaving early in the morning. One post says the airport is closed another says its only but not 100%.
Didn't see much about the best places to park for tailgating or which lot is the easiest to get out of.
Maybe BV will break out the crystal ball and get the guys to play rip this joint for us.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 4, 2015 04:11

I am heading up from DC. Its only an hour flight from BWI and that seemed the way to go. Getting a place to stay was difficult I called one place they were overbooked already.
I am just wondering where all the ones that cant get a room are going to do afterwards. I am sure the airport will be full of people catching early flights out.

Who is Coming to the Buffalo Show and From What City?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 4, 2015 06:44

What city are you traveling from? What hotel did you book in our area for your trip?

Re: Who is Coming to the Buffalo Show and From What City?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2015 06:53

Seattle area... staying at Red Lion Hampton.. (why?) cool smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 4, 2015 07:11

MisterDDDD
Seattle area... staying at Red Lion Hampton.. (why?) cool smiley

Just curious, and in case any of us locals are able to provide a ride to the show or any other last minute needed information without thumbing through pages of the other thread.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2015 07:19

Very nice.. I was just curious as well... Thanks.

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: July 4, 2015 15:03

Coming from Plattsburgh NY Staying at my nieces in Amherst. Will be my 30th Stones show since 1969 includes the 1975 show in Buffalo 40 year anniversary of that show.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 4, 2015 16:43

Coming from Ottawa, Ontario and staying at the Marriott Fallsview in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.

Will drive to and from the concert on the day of the show.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 4, 2015 17:26

Blasdell

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 4, 2015 17:26

Making the trip from Boston. Staying at Townplace Suites near Buffalo airport.

Date: July 4, 2015 17:49

from and to NYC anyone?

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: July 4, 2015 17:49

Coming in from Chicago...staying at Residence Inn on Anderson road.

Definitely interested in sharing transportation, if anyone is near this location.
Is there an IORR pre-party bar?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 4, 2015 18:50

Think I am in the residents inn. Checking in on friday

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 01:12

DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13
DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13

Here's my zip code 12414. Let me know if you will be passing nearby Saturday morning and want a passenger for company and road expenses.

Hey DoomandGloom,

Sorry haven't checked in in a few days. Normally, I'd say sure no problem, but I'm actually using this chance to stop in and spend the morning/early afternoon with my kids and figure to arrive at the show somewhere close to showtime. They live upstate, and not to divulge all the details, but I went thru a horrendous divorce and don't get to see them much, since my ex has them all turned against me. So, I don't get up there much, as you can imagine, so I thought I'd swing by for a little while, and then bounce back with the concert!! smiling smiley

VL13

Date: July 5, 2015 17:47

VoodooLounge13
DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13
DoomandGloom
VoodooLounge13

Hey DoomandGloom,

Sorry haven't checked in in a few days. Normally, I'd say sure no problem, but I'm actually using this chance to stop in and spend the morning/early afternoon with my kids and figure to arrive at the show somewhere close to showtime. They live upstate, and not to divulge all the details, but I went thru a horrendous divorce and don't get to see them much, since my ex has them all turned against me. So, I don't get up there much, as you can imagine, so I thought I'd swing by for a little while, and then bounce back with the concert!! smiling smiley

VL13
thanks for the reply. It was a long shot, all the best to your family.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:54

Hello everyone. HammersLot, are we still welcome to stop at your yard before the show? If so, it is much appreciated. What is your address?

Thanks,
Frank

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: July 5, 2015 18:16

fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:38

Weather is looking good for Saturday!!!

Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:49

rocksoffKR
Coming in to the Holiday Inn Express in Cheektowaga from NYC early afternoon of the 11th via train. Looking forward to drinking some beers and getting ready for the concert. Is the best move to head to the stadium's surrounding areas for bars/restaurants, and due to the lack of public transportation? Hoping to grab a taxi from the train station to hotel and then to the stadium.
Good choice. Express is 90% remodeled. Beds are only one month old. Bathrooms remodeled (except tile) Some rooms have new furnture already installed. I think the rest will be getting them this week. There is a budget car retail office right next to the Express

Date: July 5, 2015 22:42

CloudCat
fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?
I know it seems impossible, there's got to be a direct to and fro bus to the stadium.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:01

CloudCat
fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?

You sure you want to come to western NY?

Date: July 5, 2015 23:04

DoomandGloom
CloudCat
fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?
I know it seems impossible, there's got to be a direct to and fro bus to the stadium.

- I didn't find anything really direct and although I love the Stones, I will be doing Penn and Teller and Mickey Dolenz in NYC that night and home by 11:30 in South Jersey.
See everyone on the Sweet 16 tour next year!

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: July 5, 2015 23:14

Thanks for the all the good information, hammer. Where is your lot in relation to the stadium, and has an IORR meeting spot been decided? From what I understand the stadium and surrounding areas are not in an urban area (correct me if I am wrong). Would bringing booze on the train be wise to avoid wasting time finding a spot that sells beer? I am trying to minimize travel time to the tailgating/bars/stadium since I'm sure everything will be crowded.

Date: July 6, 2015 00:00

HammersLot
Good choice. Express is 90% remodeled. Beds are only one month old. Bathrooms remodeled (except tile) Some rooms have new furnture already installed.

Do you have parking still available ??

Date: July 6, 2015 02:00

RockinJive
CloudCat
fro and to NYC anyone?

anyone at all?

You sure you want to come to western NY?

as Dillenger woulda said, that's where the stones are

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home