Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:02

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2015 in Indianapolis.

Bjornulf

Re: Indianapolis IN USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:03

Posted by jboug44 in the original 2015 tour thread :

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but here is the layout for Indianapolis since so many people were curious. $77 for Bronze, $119 for Silver, $302 for gold and $995 for VIP.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 17:35

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/at-the-track/rolling-stones-at-ims

Link to IMS' website which is now updated with a ton of info and a link on there to sign up for their presale.

Also if anyone is not from the area, I can do my best to help with questions. Lived in Indy my whole life and spend way to much time at the Speedway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 17:37 by jboug44.

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:15

so excited! i havent been to the track in years but i have many fond indy 500/brickyard 400 memories. never seen music there though...

its sort of hard to get a sense of scale from the graphic. do you think "silver" ticket holders will be significantly worse off than "gold?"

Date: March 31, 2015 19:33

rileyf
so excited! i havent been to the track in years but i have many fond indy 500/brickyard 400 memories. never seen music there though...

its sort of hard to get a sense of scale from the graphic. do you think "silver" ticket holders will be significantly worse off than "gold?"

It will depend a lot on where in silver you are. From 6th street to 7th street ( street to the right of the stage going left to the next street) is almost 1500 ft in distance. That can give you a general idea of how large the area is. My humble opinion is if you are the middle of silver or closer, you should be fine, and it'll justify the price.

Date: March 31, 2015 19:46

Is this area of the field sloped at all or is it totally flat?

Date: March 31, 2015 19:57

downrightdisgusted
Is this area of the field sloped at all or is it totally flat?

It's flat. It's actually half asphalt lot, half grass used for parking for the races. They've never held a concert at the this part of the track ( to my knowledge) but they've always made shows work at the track regardless of where they are so they should have a really good plan here again.

Here's the bing maps birds eye view

http://binged.it/19xWiXg

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:08

-----------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:50

As a born and raised Hoosier, who hasn't lived there in a long time, I'm happy Indy is hosting this rather large concert event. Hopefully the stink from recent political events there will have passed by then.

Posted by: stoneman ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:06

Waiting on a reply from IMS about tailgating in the premium parking areas

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:10

I would definitely go with Silver at least for this;
Bronze looks like it will be at least 100 yds from the stage and maybe further...

Date: March 31, 2015 22:20

stoneman
Waiting on a reply from IMS about tailgating in the premium parking areas

I'm interested to hear what they say. They always let people tailgate in the infield but yet it says this on the website: "The Rolling Stones concert will be standing room only so coolers and lawn chairs will not be allowed into the Indianapolis Motor Speedway". I can't image they would open the parking at 1 P.M. and not allow people to bring any food or drink for a show that doesn't start until 7 hours later.

Date: March 31, 2015 22:23

jrcjohnny99
Bronze looks like it will be at least 100 yds from the stage and maybe further...

I for sure wouldn't go any worse than Silver. I used a running app and it says its over 1200 feet from stage corner to the far back of bronze.

Date: March 31, 2015 22:41

jboug44
jrcjohnny99

I for sure wouldn't go any worse than Silver. I used a running app and it says its over 1200 feet from stage corner to the far back of bronze.

Yeah, now front of stage will be about 75 ft further out than you have (there will be 50-60 ft area behind stage for loading plus stage itself is about 75 feet deep),
but that's still a loonnnnnggg way; I was thinking maybe 250 yds but thats even further than I thought; I'm guessing the following
stage to Silver barrier 100ft
stage to Bronze barrier 450ft

Date: March 31, 2015 23:13

Does it really matter how far away you are? Only the super duper golden areas up front can see them anyway. They're old as dirt now. Who needs to be close up? As long as the sound is good, just go for the fireworks and the special effects. It's not like they'll be any surprises. The music is secondary in these stadium shows to the spectacle itself.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:33

So the ground's flat and it's all standing room? Is that correctconfused smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:00

This picture was tweeted on March 14, 2015:

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:23

I can't wait for this! I live in Indy! And my wife works for the newspaper & is getting 2 media passes! One is hers and the other is MINE!

Last time the Stones were in Indianapolis was '94 for Voodoo..glad they will be here again finally! and save us the trip to driving to Chicago like we did last yr. For Show #2 @ The Inited Center!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:43

Marhsall
I can't wait for this! I live in Indy! And my wife works for the newspaper & is getting 2 media passes! One is hers and the other is MINE!

Last time the Stones were in Indianapolis was '94 for Voodoo..glad they will be here again finally! and save us the trip to driving to Chicago like we did last yr. For Show #2 @ The Inited Center!

Care to share? I was there in '94 too and 20 years older as well (with kids) and would much rather they played Lucas or Conseco (or the fairgrounds) than fight crowds of drunken slobs.

Date: April 1, 2015 03:12

shadooby
Marhsall

Care to share? I was there in '94 too and 20 years older as well (with kids) and would much rather they played Lucas or Conseco (or the fairgrounds) than fight crowds of drunken slobs.

Given the choice I'd much rather this was at LOS (Fieldhouse would be ideal but obv not happening as they couldn't get the money they needed at 16,000 tix), but knowing the IMS is handling this gives me hope and I think the silver area won't be so bad, I would not want to be in the Bronze area...

Date: April 1, 2015 04:10

jrcjohnny99
shadooby
Marhsall

Given the choice I'd much rather this was at LOS (Fieldhouse would be ideal but obv not happening as they couldn't get the money they needed at 16,000 tix), but knowing the IMS is handling this gives me hope and I think the silver area won't be so bad, I would not want to be in the Bronze area...

I'm a little confused by this setup. How much of it is General Admission? They expect thousands of people to fight for their little plot of land as if it was some hoaky 1970s concert? I don't live in Indy anymore. Is this the first concert at the track?

Date: April 1, 2015 04:29

I'm a little confused by this setup. How much of it is General Admission? They expect thousands of people to fight for their little plot of land as if it was some hoaky 1970s concert? I don't live in Indy anymore. Is this the first concert at the track?[/quote]

It is all GA in 3 zones (a la Hyde Park);
I would imagine approx 3-5,000 Gold, 25,000 Silver & 30,000+ Bronze
They have had shows at the track, that are always GA but normally only 25-30k
This is the first show in this part of the track and the first of this size

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 1, 2015 04:47

I'm also a life long Indy resident and very excited about this. Saw them in Indy for Steel Wheels in `89 and Voodoo in `94 and went to the race and qualifications every year for over 20 years. I would have also preferred to see it at Lucas Oil, but the track is iconic and unique, so what the heck! It's funny thinking about how the Buffalo people were talking about how they have the best tailgating area - the 'camping' (partying) areas around the IMS will make their tailgates seem like a cub scout meeting!

I'm really having trouble wrapping my head around the stage configuration. Seems like it would make more sense to have the stage facing west, where the orange box is here (the venue map shows the stage where the red triangle is):

Either way, a large portion of the 'standing room only' area is asphalt, which is awkward and seems a little dangerous. Meanwhile, there is a huge area of grass in Turn 3...

My guess is that tailgating and coolers will be OK in the parking areas, but they won't allow coolers inside the concert area. Is there any chance there will be warm up bands?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 1, 2015 06:32

That is a huge area for a concert. Indy is a fun place and very well run. I went to every Formula 1 race at Indy in the 2000s. They know how to handle crowds. However, with all sections being standing room only, and being so huge, I think I'll pass on this.

Ohio Stadium - the entire structure, which seats 105,000 in the stands for football, would easily fit within that area, with a fair amount of extra space at the north/south ends. Hard to believe they will come close to selling out those flat sections at those prices. I'm sure they won't - there will be massive flex type pricing and/or something similar to the 2013 $85s (at much lower prices) to fill that area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 07:00 by IGTBA.

Date: April 1, 2015 07:59

Can you imagine sitting outside in the broiling July 4th sun in Indy? Without a chair to sit on? I thought these kind of concerts were forbidden now. I still remember the 'festival seating' disaster in Cleveland in '78. Kind of funny. It sounds like only the young could stand to be at this Stones concert now. And people are going to pay $300 and up to STAND in the Gold Section? Suckers.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 1, 2015 08:23

CONCERT SUITES

Impress your guests when they enter these luxury suites at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. You and your guests will enjoy spectacular hospitality during The Rolling Stones concert and July 4th festivities.

HULMAN TERRACE SUITES
(40) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(10) Hulman Terrace Auto Parking Passes
(4) Host Passes
No View of Concert Stage
$12,500.00 + tax
TOWER TERRACE SUITES
(40) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(10) Premier Auto Parking Passes
(4) Host Passes
Limited View of Concert Stage
$14,500.00 + tax
TURN 2 VIP SUITE - 1ST FLOOR ONLY
(15) Silver Concert & Suite Tickets
(6) VIP Suite Auto Parking Passes
(2) Host Passes
No View of Concert Stage
$6,000.00 + tax

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 1, 2015 16:38

Would be cool if they could add balconies on the back side of the Tower Terrace suites.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: rileyf ()
Date: April 1, 2015 20:19

"A yet-to-be announced supporting act will perform at 8 p.m"

[www.indystar.com]

Posted by: stoneman ()
Date: April 1, 2015 23:48

Melissa from IMS returned my call today. She informed me that you will be permitted to tailgate in the infield in the premium parking areas. No grills or open fires allowed. Pop up tents allowed in your space only.
Looks like this will be a epic tailgate experience. Entrance to infield 1pm. Stones start @ 930. Fireworks after show.

Posted by: Deaner ()
Date: April 6, 2015 23:19

Does anyone know yet what comes with VIP tix if anything? And do we know yet if there are seats in the VIP and Gold sections?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home