Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10
Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2015 22:01

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the Rolling Stones Tour 2015 in Raleigh.

Bjornulf

Re: Raleigh NC USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: March 31, 2015 04:03

Will be going to this concert! Anyone else? What are the good spots around town? Record stores? I plan on staying a couple of days.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 31, 2015 04:31

Head over to Chapel Hill for better spots, in my opinion. Less than 30 minutes on the interstate and actually only about 15 minutes from Carter Finley. Wish I could go as it's near my home town of Chapel Hill. But I'm stuck in Singapore and my holiday doesn't begin until 15 July!! angry smiley I'm going to miss the US dates, it seems.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 19:54

Raleigh seating plan from TM [www.ticketmaster.com] :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: March 31, 2015 20:44

Lots of options ( Hotels and Music Stores) in and around Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill and Durham area. All close to the stadium which is located on the West side of Raleigh. Your also 2 1/2-3 hours from the Coast via I-40 to Wilmington, NC. This is a Holiday week leading into July 4th weekend , I would hate to see You spin Your wheels in Raleigh the whole time. We will go hit the beach first then drive back up for the show. Stones Summer !!!! Keep in touch

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 31, 2015 21:38

Hi JohnnyBGoode,
I'm planning on going to the Raleigh concert too. I'll touch base when we get closer to the date. Maybe we can have a few drinks before the show!smoking smiley

Date: April 1, 2015 01:11

I will be there...i work 12 miles from show and live in Chapel Hill.

Please let me know if you have questions. I honestly dont know raleigh as i never have reason to go there. I go see the hockey games (right next to football stadium) The stadium is NOT downtown. The traffic to the stadium is CRAZY!! Thousands of folks missed half the U2 concert there, abandoned cars on the hiway, walked rest of the way. But it was BAD planning by the venue as parking was reduced by 60% and there were otyher major F%ck ups involved.

I can help out with general and specific questions. There is a bus every hour from the airport to the show...about 30 min ride for about 2 dollars, if that helps you out

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: April 1, 2015 07:41

So VERY excited to have The Rolling Stones come back to Raleigh!!!
I will be attending the show. I am very familiar with The Rolling Stones, Raleigh, Carter Finley Stadium, and the area(s) surrounding Raleigh. If you are from out of town, or don't know the area very well, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Looking forward to meeting some IORRollers... can't wait! July 1st can't come any sooner!

Posted by: stonedbeggar ()
Date: April 1, 2015 07:59

Does anybody know what the vip will consist of? When i saw them in boston in 13 you sat in the pit and got a laminate throw rug and hard back tour book
Thanks
David
Ps im there july 1st also

Date: April 1, 2015 18:39

I booked a room at Comfort Suites Arena from 6/30 to 7/2 looks like a short walk to Carter Finley stadium. Anyone know if there are any good places to eat and/or bars within short walking distance?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 1, 2015 20:38

When does the ticket sale start?

Date: April 1, 2015 21:37

There is only ONE restaurant within walking distance to the stadium. It is called backyard bistro. The website is: [www.backyardbistro.com] . Everything else (bars/ restaurants) is either downtown Raleigh or on NC State's campus.

The stadium IS NOT in downtown Raleigh. It is about 6 miles from downtown. North Carolina State University's (a.k.a. NCSU or NC State) campus is in between Carter Finley stadium and downtown Raleigh.

Ticket pre-sales start April 8th for American Express card holders. Tickets are discussed in more detail in the thread, "The Rolling Stones ZIP CODE Tour 2015"

Date: April 1, 2015 21:56

JohnnyBGoode, if you are looking for beer, bars, socializing, and food, the best spots are in downtown Raleigh. Chapel Hill is also my home town, and, as StonedAsia said, it is a great place. But, it is a small town AND it's 23 miles from the stadium (so, approx. 30 miles from downtown Raleigh). Unless you plan on renting a car, most of your time should be spent exploring Raleigh. I think it'd be fun to get a group of IORR's together, show you some spots, and talk Stones.

Also should mention, the immediate area around the stadium is mostly for parking, and the parking lots there are often used for "tailgating", i.e., drinking, gathering, socializing, and partying before big games/ shows). I think it'd be a good idea for everyone to meet in the parking lot before the show, have a few beers and have a pre-show "tailgate" party outside in the summer weather. There will be a lot of people doing this because it is common practice at Carter Finley Stadium.

Date: April 1, 2015 21:58

Thank you, BustedButton, I will check out the Backyard Bistro during my stay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 22:10 by its good to be anywhere.

Date: April 2, 2015 02:00

its good to be anywhere
I booked a room at Comfort Suites Arena from 6/30 to 7/2 looks like a short walk to Carter Finley stadium. Anyone know if there are any good places to eat and/or bars within short walking distance?

The short answer is no. Sorry.
Which comfort suites?

Date: April 2, 2015 03:20

I agree with UndercoverLovingcup: The short answer is no; but, with that being said, there is absolutely nothing else (other than Backyard Bistro) around the stadium. There are tons of restaurants in Raleigh that are better than Backyard Bistro, but nothing else is within walking distance to Carter Finley and/or your comfort Suites Hotel. There is also a Wendy's, and that's about it. Keep in mind the stadium is located on North Carolina's State Fairground property, so the surrounding area is a lot of permanent, empty space that is used to host fairs, football game parking, basketball game parking, etc... You have to go downtown to get to the good restaurants/ bars. I'm sure Backyard Bistro would certainly suffice for a meal or two, but please get out and enjoy other parts of Raleigh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 03:31 by BustedButton.

Date: April 2, 2015 04:51

Just to give you an idea...the Wendy's shares the lot with a gas station...like stated...a few office buildings...and empty space. Cary, Durham and yes, Raleigh all have some great bars etc...I am trying to have a pre-show get together near South point, about 10 miles to the show in the afternoon so we can have a nice start and beat the traffic as well.

Date: April 2, 2015 16:42

UndercoverLovingcup
its good to be anywhere

The short answer is no. Sorry.
Which comfort suites?
Thanks UndercoverLovingcup. It's Comfort Suites Arena, 1200 Hurricane Alley Way in Raleigh. looks like the "long" answer is to head to Raleigh proper where all the good bars and resturants are!

Date: April 2, 2015 17:02

BustedButton
I agree with UndercoverLovingcup: The short answer is no; but, with that being said, there is absolutely nothing else (other than Backyard Bistro) around the stadium. There are tons of restaurants in Raleigh that are better than Backyard Bistro, but nothing else is within walking distance to Carter Finley and/or your comfort Suites Hotel. There is also a Wendy's, and that's about it. Keep in mind the stadium is located on North Carolina's State Fairground property, so the surrounding area is a lot of permanent, empty space that is used to host fairs, football game parking, basketball game parking, etc... You have to go downtown to get to the good restaurants/ bars. I'm sure Backyard Bistro would certainly suffice for a meal or two, but please get out and enjoy other parts of Raleigh.
BustedButton, many thanks again for your very helpful response(s). Looks like I will be going to downtown Raleigh where the good stuff is. On 7/1 I hope to meet up with other Stones fans at Backyard Bistro before the show. I am sure it will be very crowded so I will plan to get there early. Glad that I don't have to worry about traffic since its looks (roughly) like a very short .5 mile walk from my hotel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 17:05 by its good to be anywhere.

Date: April 2, 2015 23:04

That is a quick walk.

smileys with beerParty at your pool ??smileys with beer
[www.comfortsuites.com]

Will you have a car while you are there?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 04:41 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: April 3, 2015 07:35

BustedButton is right about the tailgating atmosphere. This place is made for it !!! We will be Tailgating the Parking lot all day with good food, many chairs, a shade canopy, BIG coolers, etc. etc. Any/all are welcome to stop by and hang out. As the show gets closer I will also touch base. But NOW it's ticket time so Good luck everyone - hope to see you at the show in great seats!! Nothing could be finer than the Stones in Carolina ! Stones Summer!!! Keep in touch......

Posted by: Sarah1758 ()
Date: April 4, 2015 16:37

Looking for ticketmaster Presale passwords!

Date: April 4, 2015 19:51

I would not mind seeing Patti LaBelle open up for raleigh as she did in 1965...or maybe even a duet on something

As for the Vibrations...their story ended in the early 70's i think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 20:01 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: April 4, 2015 20:36

UndercoverLovingcup

I would not mind seeing Patti LaBelle open up for raleigh as she did in 1965...or maybe even a duet on something

As for the Vibrations...their story ended in the early 70's i think

Posted by: freddierogers ()
Date: April 4, 2015 20:44

Trying to say that's a sweet poster note the ticket prices my first show was Charlotte $6.50 (1972) next was Greensboro (75) up to $16 or 18 by then I won't say what the most is that I've paid in the succeeding 50+ shows from San Fran to Amsterdam,but I can take the memories with me when I go, not so sure about the money

Date: April 5, 2015 23:08

Sarah1758
Looking for ticketmaster Presale passwords!

Which presale??

I think there are 5 or 6 presales...

For Amex, usually it is the first 10 digits of your AMEX Platinum card....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-05 23:09 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 6, 2015 03:21

freddierogers
Trying to say that's a sweet poster note the ticket prices my first show was Charlotte $6.50 (1972) next was Greensboro (75) up to $16 or 18 by then I won't say what the most is that I've paid in the succeeding 50+ shows from San Fran to Amsterdam,but I can take the memories with me when I go, not so sure about the money

That sounds rather steep and unlikely for GSO...I say this because MSG in 81 was only $10.50-$12.50-$15.00

Date: April 7, 2015 19:00

RALEIGH INFO

The Rolling Stones
On Sale Procedures
Monday April 13, 2015
10:00 a.m.
Concert Date: July 1, 2015-Carter-Finley Stadium

Tickets for this show will go on sale Monday April
13, 2015 simultaneously at
ALL
Ticketmaster
outlets, Ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-800-745-30
00 and the PNC Arena Box Office starting
at 10:00 a.m.
Those who call or come to the PNC Arena should be a
dvised of these on-sale options as listed
above.
Guests will
NOT
be permitted to stay on the property during the ov
ernight and should arrive on
site no earlier than 6:00 a.m.
A lottery will be conducted for those coming to the
PNC Arena Box Office. Guests arriving at
the PNC Arena will be allowed onto the property at
6:00 a.m. and should start lining up just
outside of The Eye Store at the South Entrance and
extend east
(Weather Permitting)

Guests will be allowed into the building beginning
at 7:00 a.m.
Please Note:
Doors will close at
8:30 a.m. and all others will not be allowed into t
he facility until those participating in the lotter
y
have been processed through the box office windows.
Those who are not here by 8:30 a.m. should line up
at the Eye Store at the South Entrance and
extend east
(Weather Permitting)
Other Information:
On-Sale:
Tickets will be limited to eight (8) per person
Ticket Prices:
Ticket Prices are $350, $250, $150, $99.50 and $69.
50. Guests are advised that the process
will be faster with cash transactions.
Also, only the person purchasing tickets will be
allowed to remain inside the facility.
Ticketmaster and charge by phone:
www.ticketmaster.com
or call 1-800-745-3000 locally.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 19:01 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: April 7, 2015 21:30

Does anyone know how the details behind the "lottery" or how it works?

Are these the same tickets available to purchase online?

Lucky Dips?

Thanks.

Date: April 7, 2015 21:34

I would assume it is a lottery for a place in line...no lucky dips announced yet...that will depend on how slow sales are...there will be about 8 queues and the lottery is to determine if you are first in line at window 4 or 8th in line at window 1, etc...

Just a guess though, but it makes sense since the box office has about 20 windows

Goto Page: 12345678910Next
Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home