Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 65
Re: Los Angeles CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:19

elad
2120Wolf
Justin
Shall we start guessing which guest stars will be appearing on each of the songs during the Sticky Fingers set?

Brown Sugar
Sway
Wild Horses - with Taylor Swift or Katy Perry?
Can't You Hear Me Knockin
You Gotta Move - with Gary Clark Jr
I Got The Blues - with John Mayer or Bruno Mars?
Sister Morphine - with Lorde or Hozier?
Dead Flowers - with Keith Urban and/or Taylor Swift?
Moonlight Mile

My pick is John Lennon on Dead Flowers !!!

Kid Rock on Brown Sugar in Columbus

Only for the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Woooooows at the ending and standing behind curtains.>grinning smiley<

Re: The Rolling Stones at The Fonda Theatre LA Wed May 20
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
Sad, Sad, Sad, people here calling stories and opinions like above "awful" should be ashamed of themselves

ashamed of themselves? wtf? Whose mom is this?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:22

Leonioid
strat72
I agree that The Stones owe nothing to nobody, and I can only assume that the people complaining on this thread must be new fans, because if they weren't, they would know that The Stones have never, and will never care about pleasing geniune fans of the band. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

Note to Jagger: If your going to pay/invite young, foxy teenage girls to the gig, and you want them to stay for longer than ten minutes, may I suggest that you do not also ban them from having their phones. These girls simply cannot have a good time, without telling everyone what a good time they are having. It's impossible for them to do that without their phones. Twitter, snapchat, instagram! Get with the times Mick!

Anyways, I hope one of these said 'foxy bitches' (I'm sure at least one must have stayed for the whole gig) was enamoured enough with you for you to take them back to your hotel and shag senseless. You old rascal you! Great setlist by the way, wasted on the vast majority of that crowd, but still great.

Of all the advice offered to Jagger on this board this is probably the best.

Mick has been addicted, he must understand the horrible withdrawls these poor girls must have been going through after just 10 minutes without their ( "social media" ) fix... and after an hour of no iphone shot the pangs must have become unbearable forcing them to flee one of the best Stones shows ever... but at least they were able to tell everyone they were there. #ROLLINGSTONES #IWASTHERE #YOLO

It's so pathetic i can't find words.

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:22

The stones became @#$%& the moment they realized there was money in this music lark. So, since 1963. hot smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:24

Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash
Sad, Sad, Sad, people here calling stories and opinions like above "awful" should be ashamed of themselves

I ask you the same question, who the h**l are you?

If you want to piss on disapointed people here then please go away idiot.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:26

Just remembering here in UK the October 1966 concert in Birmingham (UK) with Ike & Tina Turner Revue and Yardbirds supporting the Stones (with of course Brian on sitar and dulcima).

Now that was a concert to remember.

Date: May 21, 2015 23:27

fuzzbox
The stones became @#$%& the moment they realized there was money in this music lark. So, since 1963. hot smiley

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up Who wouldn't with such a talent and drive aboard!
They are THE GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD EVER and THE ROLLING STONES and we know it!!!

Date: May 21, 2015 23:27

JumpinJeppeFlash
Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash

lol...

Date: May 21, 2015 23:29

Kingbeebuzz
Just remembering here in UK the October 1966 concert in Birmingham (UK) with Ike & Tina Turner Revue and Yardbirds supporting the Stones (with of course Brian on sitar and dulcima).

Now that was a concert to remember.

He didn't play sitar live. smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:29

liddas
Had they made available all the 1000 tickets for fans, things wouldn't have changed much.
Still most of the fans would have been left out.

Thanks Liddas - it's puzzling how easily people forget about that part.

I sure hope we get to hear You Got to Move!
And that they keep a lot of those gems in the setlist for the tour.
I know they labelled last night's setlist as a one-off, but that might just mean they'll be adding more tunes. :E

All kinds of blessings on the Rolling Stones - have a fabulous tour!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 23:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:32

Here's what: I am a die hard, decades long fan. Before I knew the tickets would be sold online I shamelessly called everyone I knew that is connected, even once or twice removed-connected and then some. I begged and groveled and was willing to pay $$$$. No dice.
As soon as I saw the post on here that the tickets would be sold online, I knew my chances were grim. Then when one generous IORRer (thank you) posted the link, I was on it like white on rice.
I got lucky, VERY and unbelievably lucky. The planets aligned for me.
I was there, right up front and with several other IORRers. Were there paid, beautiful, young bimbos who were probably bored out of their minds wondering how much longer they had to be surrounded by those of us old enough to be their parents, dancing our asses off, singing every song, having the time of our lives and completely in the zone? Yes there were. So what?
One guy I was stood next to, a fellow IORRer who may eventually read this was also at the Echoplex, a show I wasn't able to score a ticket to and desperately wanted to. We were just SO happy to be there, to see our favorite band, the world's greatest rock band who sound and (to us) look great and are still performing amazing shows for tens of thousands of fans, old and young and all over the world.
There were real and true longtime Stones fans who did score 2 tickets online for $5 each and did go to the El Rey to pick them up and receive a cash "gift from the Stones because they want to buy you your tickets" (coolest thing ever) and did wait outside of the Fonda with the other yellow bands who were telling their stories of scoring tickets online just hours earlier and were one of the first 20 people in and did get to be right there in front at the stage and closer to Mick, Ronnie & Keith than I ever thought I'd be and couldn't believe I was.
So yeah, it does happen in real life to a non-industry person.
I will never forget this entire experience. It was one of the best I've ever had.
And one more thing...BEST SHOW EVER

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:33

JumpinJeppeFlash
Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash

thumbs up People who pick on other fans are a pretty low form of troll, imo. Talk about the Stones and their music, jazzed or disappointed it doesn't matter but leave the criticism and distain for other posters out of it please.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 23:36 by Naturalust.

Date: May 21, 2015 23:36

Naturalust
JumpinJeppeFlash
Leonioid
JumpinJeppeFlash

thumbs up People who pick on other fans are a pretty low form of troll, imo. Talk about the Stones and their music, jazzed or disappointed it doesn't matter but leave the criticism and distain for other posters out of it please.

Oh... so natureboi edited his post... then let me ask you...

Uhmm natureboi,
do you mean saying things like "should be ashamed of themselves" and calling people "idiots" like you buddy did when you were playing IORRcop(again) saying "leave the criticism and distain for other posters out of it please"??

Do you even read your posts before you post your nonsense?

Edit2-
and if jumpinjeezzers would like to try to point out where she imagines I "piss on disapointed people"... I dont recall me making a post like that.... I just couldnt believe she was telling anyone here they should be ashamed, what is this church?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:52 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:43

You are (I think) absolutely right, Brian did not play sitar live in concert and my memory is definitely fading.

BUT........in 1966 to follow supports like the Yardbirds (with both Beck and Page) and Tina Turner belting out "River Deep Mountain High" with an audience going wild (fainting / screaming / throwing underwear /clawing to reach the stage) unlike the tame audience of today who just conform...............now that is rock and roll and that is memorable and cannot be recreated.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.............and in 1966 I did and it has lasted 50+ years. I hope you can today.

Date: May 21, 2015 23:45

Kingbeebuzz
You are (I think) absolutely right, Brian did not play sitar live in concert and my memory is definitely fading.

BUT........in 1966 to follow supports like the Yardbirds (with both Beck and Page) and Tina Turner belting out "River Deep Mountain High" with an audience going wild (fainting / screaming / throwing underwear /clawing to reach the stage) unlike the tame audience of today who just conform...............now that is rock and roll and that is memorable and cannot be recreated.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.............and in 1966 I did and it has lasted 50+ years. I hope you can today.

thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:50

triunfopark
Here's what: I am a die hard, decades long fan. Before I knew the tickets would be sold online I shamelessly called everyone I knew that is connected, even once or twice removed-connected and then some. I begged and groveled and was willing to pay $$$$. No dice.
As soon as I saw the post on here that the tickets would be sold online, I knew my chances were grim. Then when one generous IORRer (thank you) posted the link, I was on it like white on rice.
I was there, right up front and with several other IORRers. Were there paid, beautiful, young bimbos who were probably bored out of their minds wondering how much longer they had to be surrounded by those of us old enough to be their parents, dancing our asses off, singing every song, having the time of our lives and completely in the zone? Yes there were. So what?
One guy I was stood next to, a fellow IORRer who may eventually read this was also at the Echoplex, a show I wasn't able to score a ticket to and desperately wanted to. We were just SO happy to be there, to see our favorite band, the world's greatest rock band who sound and (to us) look great and are still performing amazing shows for tens of thousands of fans, old and young and all over the world.
There were real and true longtime Stones fans who did score 2 tickets online for $5 each and did go to the El Rey to pick them up and receive a cash "gift from the Stones because they want to buy you your tickets" (coolest thing ever) and did wait outside of the Fonda with the other yellow bands who were telling their stories of scoring tickets online just hours earlier and were one of the first 20 people in and did get to be right there in front at the stage and closer to Mick, Ronnie & Keith than I ever thought I'd be and couldn't believe I was.
I will never forget this entire experience. It was one of the best I've ever had.

That's a beautiful read - thanks triunfopark!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:50

Wall to wall Stones! Inside the control booth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 23:54 by roller99.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:52

I wouldn't have a beef with an all celeberty or invited guest show.

I have no problem with anyone using a connection to get in, in fact I say good for those that did. But don't say that you had connections but just got lucky and didn't have to use them, when you did.

They (whoever put this together) had to know that the number of fans trying to get in would far exceed the tickets available, fine, this is obvious.

So then why did they have to go ahead and make a radio announcement for millions to hear which resulted in "most" of 100 to 150 people that got tickets not being real fans. According to the interviews many were seeing the Stones for the first time, many said their parents were fans. Most of these people had no idea there even was a Stones tour coming up until they heard the announcement on the radio.

....just one fan's opinion....now, looking foward to Sunday in San Diego.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:54

Who are you referring to?

Date: May 21, 2015 23:55

roller99

Cool!

Date: May 22, 2015 00:00

BluzDude

I have no problem with anyone using a connection to get in, in fact I say good for those that did. But don't say that you had connections but just got lucky and didn't have to use them, when you did.

They (whoever put this together) had to know that the number of fans trying to get in would far exceed the tickets available, fine, this is obvious.

So then why did they have to go ahead and make a radio announcement for millions to hear which resulted in "most" of 100 to 150 people that got tickets not being real fans. According to the interviews many were seeing the Stones for the first time, many said their parents were fans. Most of these people had no idea there even was a Stones tour coming up until they heard the announcement on the radio.

Good points...
All I can think of is maybe they were creating hype with the radio announcement hoping that when people could not get club tickets when they tried, that they would get "Stones jonsed" and buy tickets to San Diego... maybe... idk

Sorry you didnt get in BluzDude... have fun in SD.

Date: May 22, 2015 00:03

with sssoul
triunfopark

thumbs up Great story!!! Reminds me of Paradiso Amsterdam 1995...BEST SHOW EVER (for me).smileys with beer (ticket/wristband 25 guilders, this was before the euro catastrophe).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:24 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:08

I didn't try to get in. It's L.A. and hard enough to get into something like the Wiltern to see the Rolling Stones through "connections". If this was basically a filming and recording enterprise, comparable to the Marquee in '71, it seems like a decent balance of audience to me. The invited models always look jarring, and a bit tone deaf on Mick's part. In '71 they would have looked more like a prettier version of the actual Stones audience. They don't anymore.

I hope it does become available to us.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:11

BluzDude

I understand what you saying.
But trying to not think about it now.grinning smiley

I am still in LA and going to SD tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Hope to see another great show on Sunday night.smiling smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:16

Leonioid
BluzDude

Good points...
All I can think of is maybe they were creating hype with the radio announcement hoping that when people could not get club tickets when they tried, that they would get "Stones jonsed" and buy tickets to San Diego... maybe... idk

Sorry you didnt get in BluzDude... have fun in SD.

No doubt, trying to squeeze out that LA $$$ for San Diego...especially the so-called A-Listers that did not get in...Now they will buck up for the Platinum-Gold-Ruby Package...and make sure they click their fair share of selfies with the Stones in the back-ground...After being snubbed last night at the Fonda like regular fans...the starlets have to go..it's a must.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:19 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:19

with sssoul
triunfopark

Great post!

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:23

jrcjohnny99
with sssoul
triunfopark

Great post!

Kick Ass !!!...I know what you mean happened for me at the Double Door !!!!!

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:25

Met a lot of good people yesterday, including many members of IORR.

Cheers all!
See you around and on on tour.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:26

A nice joke. This is appropriate for given the events of last night.

Scalper to Stones fan; "Thanks sucker I would have taken half".

Stones fan to Scalper; "That's OK you idiot, I would have paid triple".

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:27

roller99

Nice, here's a link to the largest version of your pic I found on flickr :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:28 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 65

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home