Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Date: February 6, 2016 23:51

Stoneburst

As far as I understand, yes, this is what happened. It was reported here some time ago that when he signed up with the Stones for 50 & Counting, control of the verified Facebook page passed to the Stones office, but clearly he/they did get it back more recently since it now duplicates the posts from the 'fan page'. The way it was explained to me is that MT himself doesn't do Facebook, but is aware of the content on the fan page, and the posts there have his approval. I can believe this, since both the admins on that page are well known to be close to him.

Would be great if Taylor's approval gets displayed on the Facebook pages then. Snowy White (who played with Taylor) shows it. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 7, 2016 14:32

DLS, if you are who I think you are, I have a couple of questions - can you email me?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 10, 2016 15:23

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:37

DancelittleSister
Stoneburst

As far as I understand, yes, this is what happened. It was reported here some time ago that when he signed up with the Stones for 50 & Counting, control of the verified Facebook page passed to the Stones office, but clearly he/they did get it back more recently since it now duplicates the posts from the 'fan page'. The way it was explained to me is that MT himself doesn't do Facebook, but is aware of the content on the fan page, and the posts there have his approval. I can believe this, since both the admins on that page are well known to be close to him.

Would be great if Taylor's approval gets displayed on the Facebook pages then. Snowy White (who played with Taylor) shows it. [www.facebook.com]

There are definitely people pretending to be mick Taylor on at least one of those pages who are not. I know this for a fact.

Posted by: Somethinelse ()
Date: February 11, 2016 23:09

DancelittleSister

Not sure how this can be compared. Snowy White is not on FB himself. He has basically disowned the SW community page.

Taylor is not planning to do this. The page you're referring to had to be registered as a "fan" page to protect it from getting cancelled by "external forces". That's what happened to the FB page that existed prior to 50 & Counting.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 10:51

Date: February 25, 2016 10:52

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: February 25, 2016 20:28

------

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2016 15:33

Date: February 28, 2016 11:03

Date: February 28, 2016 16:55

Lovely stuff, Lapaz, thanks for the upload.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 28, 2016 20:06

I hope he is doing well and is missed. I had really had hoped his appearance on the 50 And Counting was the beginning of a reconciliation with the band, but it did not turn out that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-28 20:41 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 28, 2016 20:09

Love this videos.
Thanks fro sharing.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 28, 2016 20:13

I guess he's happy with the money he made during the anniversary and whatever settlements behind closed doors. If he has a couple of million bucks now that's pretty comfy for a man of his age. Mick can now do as he pleases which is all anyone can ask. He's brought so much joy and inspiration he deserves the best life he can make.Certainly he's under a gag contract.but that's how it should be, outsiders don't deserve all the dirty laundry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-28 20:16 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 28, 2016 20:15

God I love Taylor! Thanks for the upload. There are loads of good stuff out therethumbs up It would be very welcome if he had put together a live cd from the late eighties...

Date: February 28, 2016 22:53

S.T.P
God I love Taylor! Thanks for the upload. There are loads of good stuff out therethumbs up It would be very welcome if he had put together a live cd from the late eighties...

Stranger In This Town is from '89, I think (although it's a little difficult to get hold of these days) and his late 80s tours are pretty heavily bootlegged - if you haven't heard it, this is great: [www.martinhagfors.com]

Date: February 29, 2016 10:50

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 29, 2016 15:24

why are there no links or anything under Lapaz62's posts?

Date: February 29, 2016 15:32

There are videos.

You need to adjust your browser settings, Rip This.

Check out this thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 15:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 1, 2016 09:53

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 1, 2016 11:03

Stoneburst
S.T.P

Stranger In This Town is from '89, I think (although it's a little difficult to get hold of these days) and his late 80s tours are pretty heavily bootlegged - if you haven't heard it, this is great: [www.martinhagfors.com]
Stranger In This Town is easy enough to find online. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:57

DandelionPowderman
There are videos.

You need to adjust your browser settings, Rip This.

Check out this thread

thanks

winking smileyRe: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 4, 2016 08:14

Stoneburst

I forgot.Thought it was from '90. Anyway I agree, it's a great album - just way too short.There are so many other songs that shouldn' have been left outwinking smiley

Date: March 4, 2016 11:25

I have seen it referenced a few times as June 1990, unless they all used the same source and have just been recycling an error.

Date: March 4, 2016 13:16

lapaz62
I have seen it referenced a few times as June 1990, unless they all used the same source and have just been recycling an error.

According to Zentgraf's site, the Stockholm shows that were apparently used for the release are from April '89, but they were recording soundboards for possible inclusion as late as December that year. Who knows. Was MT okay about Stranger In This Town being released? I remember reading somewhere in a thread many years ago that he had some dispute with the record company involved, but can't remember the details.

Date: March 5, 2016 00:45

This video is interesting, around the one minute mark it has the record and the label on the clip and the poster in his comments said 1990.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-05 00:50 by lapaz62.

Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 4, 2016 12:49

The gloves are off.
Mick Taylor makes public statements regarding the band using his name and pictures in the new Exhibition.
If you are on Facebook, then check his latest updates.

Re: Mick Taylor makes public outrage on Facebook regarding Exhibitionism
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 4, 2016 12:56

If they had removed all things related to Mick Taylor he also would have complaint........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 13:21 by NICOS.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 4, 2016 13:05

This story was posted yesterday and almost immediately merged with the "sticky" Exhibitionism thread: [www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 4, 2016 13:06

There's nothing he can do about it. He's a public person. Everbody can exhibit any Rolling Stones collectible at any given time. Even I could exhibit a magazine cover feat. his face if I wanted to, or his guitar or whatever.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home