Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...174175176177178179180181182183184...LastNext
Current Page: 179 of 307
Re: Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2015 23:44

Rokyfan
Somethinelse
DandelionPowderman

Why not the entire show? People would have complained about four songs as well..

When Taylor played on 4 songs (including the Satisfaction encore) at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, it created a real buzz. Stones Fans that attended the show were ecstatic.
What's not to like ?

Which is exactly why his role was minimized. Why did they not play CYHMK every night, when it was the highlight every time they played it? Talk of how much better the stones are with him is not what they wanted.

Excellent point. If they involved him for an entire show there would be no way to get that cat back in the bag. I sure would have loved it though!

Date: December 21, 2015 00:46

Don't expect anything, and if you get something it's a bonus:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 21, 2015 05:22

DancelittleSister
Don't expect anything, and if you get something it's a bonus:

[www.youtube.com]

lovely version

Date: December 21, 2015 23:06

Yep, beautiful rendition.

Mick Taylor 2016, Anything Happening
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 8, 2016 06:24

Before MT was recruited into the Rolling Stones Tour he was doing a few shows here and there and was going to Tour Australia and some of Asia I believe. Anybody know of any plans for this year, Tours, one off gigs, an appearance at the local K Mart, any news bad or good is better than no news at all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 06:25 by lapaz62.

Re: Mick Taylor 2016, Anything Happening
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 8, 2016 13:44

he should be with the Glimmers on tour and performing for entire concerts in a triple assault lineup with Keef and Ronnie .That would be fun TRIPLE WEAVING !!!

Date: January 8, 2016 15:02

TheGreek
he should be with the Glimmers on tour and performing for entire concerts in a triple assault lineup with Keef and Ronnie .That would be fun TRIPLE WEAVING !!!

That's the great what if that alot of people have been wanting since he first "guested"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 8, 2016 15:03

To bad that he left the band.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 9, 2016 02:12

Didn't Taylor do a show just before Christmas and if so is there a recording floating around.

Date: January 9, 2016 21:31

Something like this ?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 22:21 by DancelittleSister.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: January 10, 2016 10:33

lapaz62
Didn't Taylor do a show just before Christmas and if so is there a recording floating around.

This one? - Bernard Fowler w/MT and RW - Dec 15, 2015

[www.iorr.org]

If you missed it, get in touch...
CrazyMama

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 10, 2016 10:59

Norbert

I just did, I hope you get it . . . smiling smiley

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: January 10, 2016 15:50

Norbert
lapaz62

This one? - Bernard Fowler w/MT and RW - Dec 15, 2015

[www.iorr.org]

CrazyMama

Great too see these three playing together...but it's maddening...

Date: January 10, 2016 19:42

DancelittleSister
Something like this ?

[www.youtube.com]

Nice clip, still got his chops, looked like he was trying to pull out some dual guitar counter playing from the other guy & elevate the dynamics but doesnt happen, john mayall looks like the only one who'll step up with him.

That to me is one of the frustrating things with seeing him playing (without the stones), quite often the bands he's playing/guesting with are good solid players but not on his level at all. would love to see him let rip with a dynamic quality band (any band for that matter too)

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: January 10, 2016 22:22

The real star here is good old John Mayall- 80 years old plus still touring and damned if he doesn't sound just about the same as he did 50 years ago.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 10, 2016 23:33

roryfaninva
The real star here is good old John Mayall- 80 years old plus still touring and damned if he doesn't sound just about the same as he did 50 years ago.

Yeah, pretty amazing guy.

Date: January 29, 2016 00:29

Never saw this interview with Taylor before:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 29, 2016 08:57

DancelittleSister
Never saw this interview with Taylor before:

Nice find! Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen it either and looks like not many others have either with only 124 views as on now. Cool stuff. It's great seeing Taylor laughing like that concerning the Stones question. thumbs up

OT: Peter Karp With Mick Taylor - NYC
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 29, 2016 20:31

great song by Peter Karp and Mick Taylor on fire.

play the guitar boy.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Peter Karp With Mick Taylor - NYC
Posted by: mulecrowe ()
Date: January 29, 2016 20:58

Nice. Reminds me of the solo from
YCAGWYW from the 73 tour .

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 5, 2016 03:01

Interesting post on MT Facebook page about Mozart, Olé Tour

[www.facebook.com]

Mick Taylor (micktaylor.com) at Getreidegasse.
January 27 at 11:00am · Salzburg, Austria · ·
It was 260 years ago today that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart waltzed into the world and set a new precedent for the word prodigy.

Leandro Logvinuk
Leandro Logvinuk you will play with the Stones in South America in February ??
1 · January 7 at 1:59pm
Mick Taylor (micktaylor.com)
Mick Taylor (micktaylor.com) If someone decides to invite me !
10 · January 8 at 12:47am

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 5, 2016 03:15

Doesn't his former manager run "his" website? Since the website runs the Facebook page, Mick didn't post that himself.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 03:16

marianna
Doesn't his former manager run "his" website? Since the website runs the Facebook page, Mick didn't post that himself.

there are several people pretending to be Mick Taylor on Facebook, it is not clear if any of them really are. The one cited above is at least verified.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 5, 2016 04:49

I believe the quality of his web management has been to his detriment.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: February 5, 2016 08:19

marianna

And yet, this webpage has many of the same posts as his bootleg Facebook page (I call it that because, for a long time, it had to be listed as a fan page just to get to exist on Facebook). That page was, at the very least, run by his long term girlfriend (I'm sure that word doesn't adequately describe their relationship, but it's all I can think of). So there was some legitimacy there.

My theory: Mick was able to regain control of this Facebook page (which has all of the signs of being run by the Stones promotional team during the 2013 tour of America).

If anyone knows any more, please chime in.

Re: OT: Peter Karp With Mick Taylor - NYC
Date: February 5, 2016 16:32

OpenG
great song by Peter Karp and Mick Taylor on fire.

play the guitar boy.

[www.youtube.com]

another great bit of playing by Taylor but with a workman like band playing with him, this is so maddening.

If he doesnt play with The Stones again i just want to see him play with a dynamic band that can rise and fall like he does.

There's some great bands in recent years that have shit hot players doing variations of the above, I just wish I'd see that quality of playing/players with a band that Taylor's playing with.

Them Crooked Vultures
Nirvana and Paul McCartney - Cut Me Some Slack
Paul McCartney - The Fireman (Electric Arguments 2008)
robert plant and the strange sensation
Brian Wilson - The Wondermints & Friends

Date: February 5, 2016 16:58

Never been a fan of Dylan's voice but this band reminds me of the 1970 Stones. They Rocked.
A bit of Chuck Berry and Keith-alike playing by Mick Taylor, such as the rhythm guitar.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 5, 2016 18:32

Reagan
marianna

And yet, this webpage has many of the same posts as his bootleg Facebook page (I call it that because, for a long time, it had to be listed as a fan page just to get to exist on Facebook). That page was, at the very least, run by his long term girlfriend (I'm sure that word doesn't adequately describe their relationship, but it's all I can think of). So there was some legitimacy there.

My theory: Mick was able to regain control of this Facebook page (which has all of the signs of being run by the Stones promotional team during the 2013 tour of America).

If anyone knows any more, please chime in.

As far as I understand, yes, this is what happened. It was reported here some time ago that when he signed up with the Stones for 50 & Counting, control of the verified Facebook page passed to the Stones office, but clearly he/they did get it back more recently since it now duplicates the posts from the 'fan page'. The way it was explained to me is that MT himself doesn't do Facebook, but is aware of the content on the fan page, and the posts there have his approval. I can believe this, since both the admins on that page are well known to be close to him.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 5, 2016 20:08

[vimeo.com] - video of MT playing at the New Morning in Paris sometime in the 1990s, mainly interesting for the Gibson L5S he's playing. I knew he had one of these for a while, but had never seen any footage of him playing it. The L5S is probably one of Gibson's more obscure guitars, but it's the basis for Ronnie's new signature model, and Keith also had a single pickup version in the 80s:

Date: February 6, 2016 22:45

Thanks for posting that Stoneburst. With Taylor and a good band backing him up 3 chords never become boring to listen to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 22:46 by DancelittleSister.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...174175176177178179180181182183184...LastNext
Current Page: 179 of 307

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home