Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Casey Kasem
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 15, 2014 19:40

Re: OT: RIP Casey Kasem
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:09

That stinks

I remember being little and travelling. Catchin him on the radio, which I'd imagine that they were reruns. Good memories and a great soothing voice.

The audio where he flips over the transition from a sad note to a happy song or something like that is funny. In no way do I mean this last statement anything negative. We've all been there.

RIP Casey

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:40

he yelled at me on the phone once. he was our celebrity spokesman for a vegetarian campaign (Meatout) in the early 90s....his reputation about his temper was true...but grateful for him anyway

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 16, 2014 18:19

In the mid '60's my friends and I would drive upp from LA to Pasadena and "cruise" Colorado Bouldvard on a Friday or Saturday night. Occasionally we would go to the Huntington Sheraton (now the Langham) where the radio station KRLA was based. There were a couple of times when Casey would come out and talk to us for a minute or two while songs were being played. He once wrote our names down and promised to read them on the air. Sure enough, a short while later, as we were listening on the car radio, he dedicated a song to all of us, reading our names. Knowing it was broadcast all over Southern California, it was a big deal for us.

RIP Casey Kasem.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2014 18:50

RIP Casey.

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 16, 2014 19:19

All of these RIP's may be the Longest long distance dedications he's ever been involved with. He deserves each and every one of them. I can remember being a kid and recording AT40 off the radio.

RIP Casey. THanks for many wonderful memories.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 16, 2014 19:21

Elton John made a little tribute to him last night on his Bonnaroo concert, before playing "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me".

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 16, 2014 21:08

one of the greats that i grew up listening too. rest in peace Casey !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:08

Yikes ! The voice of Shaggy is dead.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:06

I was very dedicated to AT40 when it was broadcast in New Zealand, Radio programmers where getting very anti-american in the 80's and Casey was one of the few sources of US Top 40 radio, must've waited for like 3 Sundays to hear Sister Christian - Night Ranger as it kept moving around the charts, i'd miss it, then hear half of it, then finally recorded it on like the 3rd weekend.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:21

In the summer of 1979, my dad would sometimes skip church and go to his side job fixing up homes to rent out, and I would go with him just to get out going to church. I remember sitting in the front seat of my dad's truck in this desolate wooded area in the sticks while my dad was working, and listening to AT 40....CK's voice and that music was like a shot of life in that depressing place. I will always remember that.
Nice memories.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 04:23 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 17, 2014 06:32

RIP Casey, an American icon!

I won't post it here because it's too soon, but check out YouTube dead dog dedication if you want to hear the human side of CK.

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: June 17, 2014 08:13

RIP, Casey! A true icon & childhood fixture gone. Remember listening to his show en route to work many Sunday mornings. So sad to hear of the family feud surrounding Casey's demise. Surely something nobody wants to happen.
Reaching for the stars.....sad smiley

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2014 14:57

Up until very recently, one of the local radio stations here would air Casey Kasem's old AT40 shows. It was fun to hear all those old songs, some of them were great and some were so bad, but Casey was always ace.

RIP among the stars, Casey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home