Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18
Re: Anita's friend?
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 26, 2015 18:02

His Majesty
2000 LYFH
gypsy18
mighty stork
Has anyone asked the ladies who are pictured???
When Marlon showed his mum my high-res scanned photos - bc I have a set of six backstage and six onstage - she couldn't remember.

Have these 6 backstage pictures been posted? Anyone ever see them? Are the 6 onstage pictures the ones we see in this thread?

Click the facebook link in early posts. Thing is, the "backstage" pic(s) are not backstage at Hyde Park, that consisted of a couple of caravans. grinning smiley

Maybe it's at an earlier rehearsal elsewhere or in relation to something else altogether.

[www.facebook.com]

OK thanks. Other then that one picture (Anita/Mystery man), have you seen the others?

Date: August 26, 2015 18:47

a little clearer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 26, 2015 23:08

Why is there no interest in the other (unidentified) people in the Hyde Park photos?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 26, 2015 23:14

jlowe
Why is there no interest in the other (unidentified) people in the Hyde Park photos?

I think we discussed this a while back...............

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 26, 2015 23:18

2000 LYFH
a little clearer

I'm certainly not convinced this is the same guy. Just not enough to tell the difference.

jlowe I think the reason there is so much interest in this fellow is simply because the question was asked and many of us love a good mystery. It has grown beyond any particular importance, per se, but the more difficult the puzzle the more satisfaction is gained in it's solution.

Date: August 27, 2015 00:39

I the early 70's I remember a story that I read about a Dutch guy who joined the Stones in London (end of the 60's) more or less as a loopjongen (call boy) I did a lot of search on the Internet the last weeks and tonight I found this book from Gerrit Komri a Dutch writer.......

Gerrit Jan Komrij (30 March 1944 – 5 July 2012 was a Dutch poet, novelist, translator, critic, polemic journalist and playwright.

This picture isn't Gerrit Komrij .....but because of the similarity........I have to check out the book first if this is the guy hot smiley

Date: August 27, 2015 00:45

Certainly looks like the same guy, NICOS.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2015 00:51

Goooood GOLLY Miss Molly !!! ... It's Little Richard on Collogen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:19

NICOS
I the early 70's I remember a story that I read about a Dutch guy who joined the Stones in London (end of the 60's) more or less as a loopjongen (call boy) I did a lot of search on the Internet the last weeks and tonight I found this book from Gerrit Komri a Dutch writer.......

Gerrit Jan Komrij (30 March 1944 – 5 July 2012 was a Dutch poet, novelist, translator, critic, polemic journalist and playwright.

This picture isn't Gerrit Komrij .....but because of the similarity........I have to check out the book first if this is the guy hot smiley

Well well, it's all coming together. Van Leuven...

Date: August 27, 2015 01:33

Van Leuven is a Dutch name but I can't find anything about him...do we have his first name?

Date: August 27, 2015 01:48

NICOS
Van Leuven is a Dutch name but I can't find anything about him...do we have his first name?

Just the name Van Leuven.

Date: August 27, 2015 03:19

NICOS

The book might state who took or owns the cover photo, this could be helpful. thumbs up

Date: August 27, 2015 04:38

His Majesty
NICOS

Just the name Van Leuven.

maybe Stefaan Van Leuven (possible this site is getting two people mixed up)!

[www.rottentomatoes.com]

Date: August 27, 2015 04:49

Anybody else get the feeling that even if we positively identify this guy by name that's all we will ever know about him?

Date: August 27, 2015 05:51

Naturalust
Anybody else get the feeling that even if we positively identify this guy by name that's all we will ever know about him?

Maybe he was part of some performing arts group or something, but yeah. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 18:30 by His Majesty.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 27, 2015 11:27

Frustrating thing is Wyman or Jagger will most likely know who he was, but accessing them to ask the question is not easy.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 27, 2015 11:57

Remember: Kenneth Anger's manager told me yesterday "van leuven was from the san francisco shoot which preceded kenneth's trip to london around October 68"

Van Leuven is a "San Francisco name."

I personally don't think that Little Richard guy is Mystery Guy at Hyde Park. Their features do not look that much the same to me. They seem to have a different nose and mouth.

I think I'm pretty much done with Mystery Guy now, tho, and will see what you-all come up with. smiling smiley

- swiss

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:30

No swiss you must continue! We all have to solve this.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:42

His Majesty
NICOS

The book might state who took or owns the cover photo, this could be helpful. thumbs up

The photo above comes from the Dutch photo museum / Herbert Behrens.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:05

[www.nederlandsfotomuseum.nl]

The cover photo was taken at the pop festival Kralingen 1970. Could very well be the same guy. Same guy, another festival.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 27, 2015 16:17

Naturalust
jlowe I think the reason there is so much interest in this fellow is simply because the question was asked
and many of us love a good mystery. It has grown beyond any particular importance, per se,
but the more difficult the puzzle the more satisfaction is gained in it's solution.

I don't/didn't give a hoot who it is, but somehow I can't help looking every time there's a new post in the thread.

Date: August 27, 2015 17:09

swiss
Remember: Kenneth Anger's manager told me yesterday "van leuven was from the san francisco shoot which preceded kenneth's trip to london around October 68"

Van Leuven is a "San Francisco name."

- swiss

This doesn't tell us or identify who Van Leuven was and it doesn't mean he wasn't at Hyde Park in 1969.

Date: August 27, 2015 17:16

Rutger

The cover photo was taken at the pop festival Kralingen 1970. Could very well be the same guy. Same guy, another festival.

smileys with beer

Nice teeth. grinning smiley

Or different guy, similar look, atleast to the guy in Invocation.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 27, 2015 17:47

My only interest in life these days is finding out who this guy is. confused smiley I must know.

Date: August 27, 2015 18:49

His Majesty
Rutger

smileys with beer

Nice teeth. grinning smiley

Or different guy, similar look, atleast to the guy in Invocation.

But not the mistery guy. Not at all.

Date: August 27, 2015 18:58

Yeah, it ain't him.

Date: August 28, 2015 00:49

Back to square one

Date: August 28, 2015 00:55

Redhotcarpet
Back to square one

The invocation/Van Leuven angle hasn't closed yet.

Date: August 28, 2015 01:09

His Majesty
Redhotcarpet
Back to square one

The invocation/Van Leuven angle hasn't closed yet.

No but it appears to have hit a block in the road, probably going to take some heavy lifting to clear the way.

Date: August 28, 2015 01:31

grinning smileythumbs up

Well...

[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home