Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20
VIENNA Austria 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:41

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the VIENNA Austria show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Mon June 16
Ernst Happel Stadium
Vienna, Austria

Bjornulf

Vienna 16 June
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:39

[www.oeticket.com]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Vienna 16 June
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 22, 2014 13:45

What are some nice hotels close to the venue?

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:53

paulywaul
[www.oeticket.com]

" Der Vorverkauf startet am Dienstag, den 25. März um 9.00 Uhr. Jetzt für den Ticketalarm registrieren!"

It says that the presale starts on Tuesday, 25.03. at 9:00. So when does the sale start?!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 16:21 by Bitches Brew.

Date: March 22, 2014 16:38

Who is doing the pre-sale and where do you sign up?

I entered my email addy in the oeticket.com link already. Is this it?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:41

MingSubu

yeah that's it. God knows why they call it pre-sale, it's just the start of sales... guess we will get an email with the link.

Date: March 22, 2014 16:43

Bitches Brew
paulywaul
[www.oeticket.com]

" Der Vorverkauf startet am Dienstag, den 25. März um 9.00 Uhr. Jetzt für den Ticketalarm registrieren!"

It says that the presale starts on Tuesday, 25.03. at 9:00. So when does the sale start?!?

Well, based on recent experiences of Berlin and Dusseldorf, I'd say it's the presale that's more important than the sale. It's usually in the presale that you manage (if you're really quick) to grab pit or golden circle tickets, because by the time the general public sale comes around - stuff like that is normally gone, or otherwise already on the secondary sites.

To answer your question, no idea when the "sale" starts, maybe they'll update that site over the rest of the weekend or on Monday ?

Date: March 22, 2014 16:43

Thanks Lorenz.

Date: March 22, 2014 16:49

But is the presale only for amex owners?

Date: March 22, 2014 16:52

Lorenz
MingSubu

yeah that's it. God knows why they call it pre-sale, it's just the start of sales... guess we will get an email with the link.

You will get one of these ............

ACHTUNG: Dies ist kein Ticket, das zum Eintritt berechtigt, sondern eine automatisch versendete Nachricht. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die Adresse nur zur Versendung von E-Mails eingerichtet ist.

Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Anmeldung zum Ticket Alarm [www.oeticket.com]

Ticket Express GesmbH
Heumühlgasse 11
1040 Wien
Österreich
Telefon: +43 1 96 0 96
Fax: +43 1 585 23 23
[www.oeticket.com]
[customercare.oeticket.com]?

A tip, sign up for an account already now and be logged in for the start of the pre-sale. I think you can set up your credit card already as well. This will help you to select and pay for your tickets quickly on tuesday morning.

Posted by: Happy24 ()

Bitches Brew

No, amex was only for Rome. This time just sign up for the ticketalarm and you will gen an email with a link some time before Tuesday 9 a.m.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 16:53 by Happy24.

Date: March 22, 2014 16:53

Bitches Brew

No, it has nothing to do with Amex - it's just a public pre-sale.

Date: March 22, 2014 16:54

OK, thanks guys!

Posted by: artofstone ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:57

Lorenz
MingSubu

i wondered about this, too.
doesn't sound like pre-sale to me. from my experience with oeticket i think the email simply will be a reminder to the sale's starting time...

so get prepared in time anyway

[exhibition on main st]

Lorenz
A tip, sign up for an account already now and be logged in for the start of the pre-sale. I think you can set up your credit card already as well. This will help you to select and pay for your tickets quickly on tuesday morning.

Absolutely !! thumbs up

Lorenz

The first part yes, but I seriously doubt that you can pre-enter the card details. Those data can not be stored in your profile, it would be too dangerous. Anyway, the payment is always after you have selected the ticket and it doesn't happen that the page crashes during the payment process. The difficult part is to get to the line and to get the tickets into the basket without getting an error. Once you are filling in your Visa details, you basialy already have the tickets :-)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2014 18:18

Be ready for a crapload of "standing" options to choose from if Eventtravel [www.eventtravel.com] is anything go to by :
1. TONGUE PIT
2. GA Standing ticket/Early Entry to secure prime location before public doors
3. GA Standing ticket in GOLD Standing Area/Early Entry to secure prime location before public doors

Is #1 the equivalent of 1.FOS in Dusseldorf?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 22, 2014 18:27

gotdablouse
Be ready for a crapload of "standing" options to choose from if Eventtravel [www.eventtravel.com] is anything go to by :
1. TONGUE PIT
2. GA Standing ticket/Early Entry to secure prime location before public doors
3. GA Standing ticket in GOLD Standing Area/Early Entry to secure prime location before public doors

Is #1 the equivalent of 1.FOS in Dusseldorf?

They should change the name "tongue pit" into Golden Circle / FOS, because there won't be a tongue pit in stadium or big fields like Rome or stadiums. Take for instance a look at the seatingplan of Dusseldorf or Rome. This is misleading.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2014 18:32

Agreed, but Dusseldorf has an unexpected setup with 1.FOS and 2.FOS, and that may well be called PIT/GC in Vienna. In Rome they call "Pit" the GC aread and in Werchter just GC...Paris looks like it will be GC/GA. Very inconsistent...I guess that's what happens where there isn't a single promoter like Cohl and they're just going with the highest bidder...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 19:29

I cannot see pre-sale is mentioned on oeticket.com.
"The Rolling Stones are coming to Austria! LIVE: VIENNA - ERNST HAPPEL STADION, 16 JUNE! Tickets on sale on March 25."

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 22, 2014 19:40

QUESTION: I intend to buy a ticket for this show but dues to starting a new and demanding Job there is a 50/50 chance I would be able to be away for 3 working days - in case I bought a ticket, and sometime after know I cannot attend the gig, how can I sell it (at the same price I bought it) BASED ON THE TYPE OF PURCHASE USED IN AUSTRIAN ticket sale offices. Thks!

Date: March 22, 2014 19:43

Wroclaw
QUESTION: I intend to buy a ticket for this show but dues to starting a new and demanding Job there is a 50/50 chance I would be able to be away for 3 working days - in case I bought a ticket, and sometime after know I cannot attend the gig, how can I sell it (at the same price I bought it) BASED ON THE TYPE OF PURCHASE USED IN AUSTRIAN ticket sale offices. Thks!

You could sell it here ...............

[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 22, 2014 20:04

paulywaul
Wroclaw

You could sell it here ...............

[www.iorr.org]

Thanks I know but... the question is what type of ticket you get in Austria? in some countries you still ONLY have "paper" tickets (sent by post/collected from an office) OR "will call" which means that from overseas I have nothing I can sell in practice.

Date: March 22, 2014 20:41

You will have a paper ticket. No will call at oeticket for this kind of concert.

Edit: Now when I think about it, they sometimes have a will call option at oeticket. But that is your choice, you can get a paper ticket for sure. The postage is costy though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 20:42 by Happy24.

Date: March 22, 2014 21:00

Happy24
You will have a paper ticket. No will call at oeticket for this kind of concert.

Edit: Now when I think about it, they sometimes have a will call option at oeticket. But that is your choice, you can get a paper ticket for sure. The postage is costy though.

So - sorry for being naive but...

1. buy a ticket online on March 25th

1a - I choose will call = need to attend the event, most likely with my credit card and passport
1b - I ask for a "paper" ticket to be shipped to my home - in another continent.

How can I technically sell my ticket to someone living, most likely, in Europe? seems impossible, unless I know him offcourse and we trust each other.

How indeed it is done with the "secondary market"?

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:16

Wroclaw
How can I technically sell my ticket to someone living, most likely, in Europe? seems impossible, unless I know him offcourse and we trust each other.

How indeed it is done with the "secondary market"?

I was also wondering about this. I'm still deciding what to do about Rome. I really, really want to go... But I keep having doubts...maybe Paris instead...or panic completely about the money and sell the tickets (and then wish I hadn't!)....and I also currently have an eye problem - although this should be sorted by June.

But anyway, I'm also not sure how it's done. I'm guessing it relies a lot on trust. I've only ever sold a concert ticket once before and that was to a friend.

Date: March 22, 2014 22:44

island01
I cannot see pre-sale is mentioned on oeticket.com.
"The Rolling Stones are coming to Austria! LIVE: VIENNA - ERNST HAPPEL STADION, 16 JUNE! Tickets on sale on March 25."

Yes it does say this when you translate it, but in german it says presale (vorverkauf). It turns out it's a normal public sale..

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 22, 2014 23:38

Lorenz

Not necessary, the tickets you Chose ade in your Shopping cart Reserved
for about twenty Minis, so you habe enough time

Date: March 23, 2014 10:52

bluesinc.
Lorenz

Not necessary, the tickets you Chose ade in your Shopping cart Reserved
for about twenty Minis, so you habe enough time

Oh yes, that's true - so being logged in should do the trick.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home