Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 12, 2014 18:57

bbeliko

The chances of a Rolling Stones concert in Israel this summer are growing: Yedioth Ahronoth has learned that Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv has been reserved on June 4 as the venue for the legendary British rock group's performance, and that the date has been approved by the band's representatives.

The previous date requested by the band members, in late May, created a problem for the Tel Aviv and Ramat Gan municipalities, as Justin Timberlake's concert had already been set for May 28 and, in favor of the area's residents, major events cannot be held at the park on dates so close to one another.

[www.ynetnews.com]

This is a major newspaper, not some obscure site.

Yea - but its still one source per today (YNET is the web portal of the printed Yed Ahr daily paper). Looking into the news report is seems they only know that the Park had been "blocked" recently for this date. The details about the "bid" between 3 promoters is old news and if any gig will materialize (which we will know soon) - the "winner" must be already set by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 19:01 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:09

The tour will NOT follow any logical path. They fly from one place to another in their own jeet and most of the stadium stage is provided on site. Just like they do in Asia. Oslo, Stockholm and Roskilde/Copenhagen will not be sequencial in time, like in the "old" days. More tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:25

I am a firm believer of Stones at Roskilde.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:28

GPerel
Hi I'm new on the forum and I'd like to go to the Belgium concert. But can you say me if it's possible to be in the frontrow with a normal ticket and not with a "Golden Circle" ticket ?

For Pinkpop you have to be there early, there is no Fos, or Golden Circle, only a Gold Shower, but thats something else.

Jeroen

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:46

Does anyone know about a presale for Werchter?

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:46

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:29 by Program.

Posted by: Program ()
Date: March 12, 2014 19:49

%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 17:29 by Program.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:22

San Siro and Stade de France on back-to-back nights?

Hardly likely. So if the San Siro date is true, it means SDF is not on that same weekend.

Date: March 12, 2014 20:48

Program
Looks like Oslo will get an arena indoor concert after all. Telenor Arena.

It's a horrible arena, though, but way, way better than Valle Hovin!

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:56

Does anyone presume the reason why the two official european dates announced today correspond to festival sites?
Is it just a casuality? or festival promoters push the Stones to announced?
All big festivals around Europe confirm their programme several months before in order to guarantee the sales in front the competence.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:10

Its not uncommon for festival dates to be announced ahead of a band's full tour schedule. We're just not used to it for the Stones because historically they havent tended to headline many festivals.

As this tour will be a mix of festivals, stadium shows of their own and arena dates, there was always the likelihood that festival organisers will be anxious to work to their own deadlines re: announcing line ups, as opposed to waiting for the Stones organisation to tie up their own contracts to their own non-festival dates.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:15

Gazza
We're just not used to it for the Stones because historically they havent tended to headline many festivals.

The only example I can think of is Glastonbury being announced a few days ahead of the remaining 2013 dates. Isle of Wight (2007) was included in the complete European tour announcement at the time, if I remember correctly.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:17

Program
A concert at San Siro, Milano is now on the list. For June 14.

Yeahhhhh !smileys with beer

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:21

mrsw

Same as the presale for Landgraaf. Saturday March 15 10:00 CET.

John Mayer is also a headliner on the same day the Stones perform at Pinkpop. Hopefully they will do a duet again

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:31

erikjjf
Gazza
We're just not used to it for the Stones because historically they havent tended to headline many festivals.

The only example I can think of is Glastonbury being announced a few days ahead of the remaining 2013 dates. Isle of Wight (2007) was included in the complete European tour announcement at the time, if I remember correctly.

You do. The whole tour was announced together. The extra two 02 dates and Lausanne were added later, with a show originally announced for Kyiv being changed to Warsaw before any on sale date with no reason given.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:37

Gazza
erikjjf
Gazza

You do. The whole tour was announced together. The extra two 02 dates and Lausanne were added later, with a show originally announced for Kyiv being changed to Warsaw before any on sale date with no reason given.
Sorry that was the only time a Swiss concert was announced well in advance, because you had to collect stamps to get a free ticket. On all other tours I agree, but not Lausanne in 2007. At the end I received 8 tickets which I was able to give away to some friends also on this site.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:36

PINKPOP FESTIVAL – HOLLAND, SATURDAY 7 JUNE

[www.pinkpop.nl]

price: 89 EUR

TW CLASSIC FESTIVAL – BELGIUM, SATURDAY 28 JUNE

[www.twclassic.be]

price: EUR 89 normal or 150 EUR golden circle

Tickets go on sale this Saturday 15th March at 10am local (CET/ GMT+1).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 08:11 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:37

bart-man
mrsw

Same as the presale for Landgraaf. Saturday March 15 10:00 CET.

John Mayer is also a headliner on the same day the Stones perform at Pinkpop. Hopefully they will do a duet again

John Mayer is the only cloud among all today's rays of light.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:05

Is there any substance behind the Stockholm rumour? Or is it the usual fairytale?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:35

bv
Scandinavia = Norway, Sweden, Denmark

The Nordic countries are also including Finland and Iceland, but if you read my message you will notice I did say SCANDINAVIA. I don't think they will do more than ... Scandinavia in the Nordic region. In fact that is what they will do.

Yes. Lisbon is getting the Stones this summer too.

LISBOAAAA!!!

I was not expecting! My home town!!!!!!!

Well, I had a secret hope, because Rock in Rio organizers kept May 23 open and always said they wanted THE top act to celebrate their 10 years in Portugal as the best selling festival.

:-)

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:43

corriecas

For Pinkpop you have to be there early, there is no Fos, or Golden Circle, only a Gold Shower, but thats something else.

Jeroen

What? No ZiggoDome?

stones pinkpop
Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:13

014, 09:42
Stones hoofdact Pinkpop

De Rolling Stones treden dit jaar op tijdens Pinkpop. De legendarische band vormt zaterdag 7 juni de hoofdact van het festival. De melden de Stones zelf op hun officiële app. De show maakt deel uit van de '14 ON FIRE'-tour.

The Rolling Stones verrassen fans

Foto: EPA
Mick Jagger (70), Keith Richards (70), Charlie Watts (72) en Ron Wood (66) stonden in 2007 voor het laatst in Nederland. Toen gaf de band een optreden in het Goffertpark in Nijmegen.
,,In ben dol op festivals in de zomer en ik kan niet wachten tot we naar Europa gaan'', aldus frontman Mick Jagger. Het is de eerste keer dat de Britten op het Limburgse festival spelen.
Jagger is ooit wel eens op Pinkpop geweest. In 1979 leek het er even op dat hij met Peter Tosh de hit (You gotta walk) Don't look back zou zingen. Jagger beklom zelfs even het podium, maar zag op het laatste moment van het optreden af.
Volgens festivalorganisator Jan Smeets is het echter nog wachten op de officiële bevestiging van het management van de band. ,,Ik wacht nog op het telefoontje. Op de website van de Rolling Stones staat nog niets, dus dit maakt het wat verwarrender.''
Het eerste Pinkpopfestival was in 1970, toen nog in Geleen. Dit jaar is de 45e editie. Behalve de Stones hebben Metallica, Arcade Fire, Bastille, Ed Sheeran, Boxer Rebellion, Jake Bugg, Editors en de populaire Belgische zanger Stromae al toegezegd. Smeets bevestigde woensdagochtend ook de komst van de Schotse singer-songwriter Paolo Nutini.
De voorverkoop van Pinkpop 2014 begint aanstaande zaterdag 15 maart om 10.00 uur.

Re: stones pinkpop
Date: March 12, 2014 11:18

Re: stones pinkpop
Posted by: veronus ()
Date: March 12, 2014 13:34

oh no! I prefer Ahoy Rotterdam!

2 Europe dates announced
Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: March 12, 2014 14:29

The Rolling Stones have today announced that they will headline the Pinkpop Festival in Holland on Saturday 7 June and the TW CLASSIC Festival in Belgium on Saturday 28 June as part of their 14 ON FIRE tour.

The band will be playing more major shows in Europe in May and June, and these will be announced over the next two weeks.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 14:30 by plqmule.

Re: 2 Europe dates announced
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 14:30

tickets available this saturday at 10 am for both shows

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 12, 2014 14:51

Ok now I'm really starting to believe that Roskilde rumour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:33

PINKPOP FESTIVAL – HOLLAND, SATURDAY 7 JUNE

[www.pinkpop.nl]

price: 89 EUR

TW CLASSIC FESTIVAL – BELGIUM, SATURDAY 28 JUNE

[www.twclassic.be]

price: EUR 89 normal or 150 EUR golden circle

Tickets go on sale this Saturday 15th March at 10am local (CET/ GMT+1).

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:39

Boy, those dates sure are making it look very grim for my chances of catching a show while I'm in Europe this summer, I don't get to Amsterdam till July 11th. sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Show At Roskilde Festival
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 12, 2014 15:00

Hey guys and gals.

How strong you you reckon that the Roskilde rumor is? They Play Belgium on the 28th and Roskilde starts on the 29th. The big nights at Roskilde is the 4th or the 5th.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home