Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:25

RoughJusticeOnYa
Wroclaw
bernard90mike
Well bv's latest post told us the announcement will be this Tuesday or Wednesday.
As we didn't get an update on this, the wait will find an end soon confused smiley

Yeah - all of us living withing the European perimeter would like to get the final tour dates so we can move from the "Uncertainty about dates/locations/Venue facility" stage to the "Uncertainty about seltist/gig's length" stage... smiling smiley

...ànd I'd like some clarity upfront about the setlist as well: with or without Emotional Rescue? With or without Silver Train? How many songs Taylor will be playing on?
I mean, come ON - the people have a right to know!! Especialy since it concerns our holidays... smoking smiley

Charlie would be good that night - that's one thing you can take for sure.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 10, 2014 14:15

Wroclaw
RoughJusticeOnYa
Wroclaw
bernard90mike
Well bv's latest post told us the announcement will be this Tuesday or Wednesday.
As we didn't get an update on this, the wait will find an end soon confused smiley

Yeah - all of us living withing the European perimeter would like to get the final tour dates so we can move from the "Uncertainty about dates/locations/Venue facility" stage to the "Uncertainty about seltist/gig's length" stage... smiling smiley

...ànd I'd like some clarity upfront about the setlist as well: with or without Emotional Rescue? With or without Silver Train? How many songs Taylor will be playing on?
I mean, come ON - the people have a right to know!! Especialy since it concerns our holidays... smoking smiley

Charlie would be good that night - that's one thing you can take for sure.

smileys with beer

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:52

Italian bad "news"...smiling smiley

[mobile.rockol.it]

Iorr vs Italian promoter !!! smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:55

OnlyKeef

[mobile.rockol.it]

What does it say in English.
Jeroen

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:09

corriecas
OnlyKeef

[mobile.rockol.it]

Jeroen
No news. It is just what we read on tabloids in English. There is not even a hint mentioned for any date in Italy. and reflects more or less the rumour dates on this site.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:14

corriecas
OnlyKeef

[mobile.rockol.it]

Jeroen

Rockol.it ask to Italian promoter about rumors (on iorr.org).

They deny the city, the venue and the date. "We are still negotiating..."

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 16:14

Grison
reflects more or less the rumour dates on this site.

It even mentions iorr.org
"Stando a iorr.org, quindi, la data italiana sarebbe stata fissata al Rock in Roma"

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 10, 2014 16:24

I just noticed that some Football games in the WC in Brazil pretty much overlaps some dates of the European rumored gigs (Rome and Madrid). Surely they thought about this I would assume...

Date: March 10, 2014 17:05

This happened also on previous tours. So one has to decide to go for the round ball or the rolling ball

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:17

I'm reading more and more rumors on twitter about an announcement of the european leg on 21 March. BV: can you shed your light on this matter please?

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:20

jackflash27
I'm reading more and more rumors on twitter about an announcement of the european leg on 21 March. BV: can you shed your light on this matter please?

Where are these rumours? Can you post some links?

Date: March 10, 2014 20:23

jackflash27
nothing on rs. twitter or any of the mj, kr, rw Still silent. So yes where is the light you see on twitter`?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:26

I was thinking about the Pinkpop show in Holland the following thing:

We know that the press conference of the festival is wednesday and the ticketsale starts the 15th.
There is a rumour that the Stones will announance the Euro tour the 21st.
That´s after the ticketsale.
So what If Pinkpop have a special "fourth day" with a couple of support acts and the Stones as extra headliner.
Then the Stones have their own show in a festival setting with the use of the festivalstage so the production costs are minimal and they can ask a reasonable price and the festival is happy and the fans are happy! And probably a sold out show!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 10, 2014 20:30

Mabru

We know that the press conference of the festival is wednesday and the ticketsale starts the 15th.
So what If Pinkpop have a special "fourth day" with a couple of support acts and the Stones as extra headliner.
Then the Stones have their own show in a festival setting with the use of the festivalstage so the production costs are minimal and they can ask a reasonable price and the festival is happy and the fans are happy! And probably a sold out show!
Friday June 6?

Date: March 10, 2014 20:33

Kaisan
jackflash27

Where are these rumours? Can you post some links?

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com] (this one is from a dutch journalist who claims he talked to jan Smeets last week)

Date: March 11, 2014 10:05

What may Happen tomorrow, is that Jan smeets will mention that another Big name/band will be announced after March 21. In that way the Stones can have a press conference, and Smeets too.

I think this will happen.

Jeroen

Date: March 11, 2014 10:14

corriecas
What may Happen tomorrow, is that Jan smeets will mention that another Big name/band will be announced after March 21. In that way the Stones can have a press conference, and Smeets too.

Jeroen

thumbs up +1

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:23

Mabru

Many major festivals don't have to announce any acts before tickets go on sale. People buy them on faith. Not sure about pinkpop, but for example, Glastonbury was, I believe, practically sold out by the time they got the Stones.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:08

jackflash27
corriecas

Jeroen

thumbs up +1

So june 7th?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:33

dead silence, no more rumours, no dates, nothing .....angry smiley

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:42

I just hope they didn't give up of Europe this summer. Everything else we can handle, even this long time waiting.

Date: March 11, 2014 11:54

Stilte voor de Storm
Jeroen

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:54

island01
I just hope they didn't give up of Europe this summer. Everything else we can handle, even this long time waiting.

yes, as the european tour last autumn... confused smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:56

Well they apparently gave up on the Fall European tour when it was ready to roll so it can't be ruled out. It's not like they HAVE to tour Europe at this point in the game either...

I must say that 3 months to sell the 80,000 tickets of the Stade de France doesn't sound like too much time...especially since they had to tarp the second level in 2007 although the prices were pretty "reasonable" by Today's standards.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 11, 2014 11:59

Sister Marie
island01

yes, as the european tour last autumn... confused smiley

That "no tour" never got pass the "general rumors" + "indications promoters were contacted" stage.

There were rumors, if I remember correctly, also about the London Olympics opening/closing ceremonies.

My guess is that the Stones want to announce the whole tour at once and that there are more than a few loose ends at this point. With big crowd gigs planned to Paris, or Tel Aviv in less than 3 month I do not think the delay is done of purpose, but on the other hand think the tour is basically set by now. Just not ready to be taken out of the oven.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 12:03 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:10

Let's hope we'll know something tomorrow or 21st.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:35

When is the press conference for Pinkpop exactly? Date, time, timezone?

And what does BV say about this dead silence? winking smiley

Looks like another Tuesday is passing without the promised announcement.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:55

Tomorrow wednesday march 12, starts 12.00 European time.(CET)
Live on 3FM [www.3fm.nl]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 13:09 by Niek.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 11, 2014 13:13

Niek
Tomorrow wednesday march 12, starts 12.00 European time.(CET)
Live on 3FM [www.3fm.nl]

I'll be there winking smiley

...and after that i'm going to enjoy the sun and have a few beers @ Leidse Plein smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2014 13:55

I get info about more dates now so it seems they are still in the bidding process for some of the dates. I would assume it could take 1-2 more weeks until all is set, but most of the tour is probably sealed by now.

Just have one thing in your mind. PR means you want to be on top of the news. Right now there are at least TWO other news that take up all attention in Europe. I would not do any sort of announcement if I wanted to be "above the scroll" vs news.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home