Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 9, 2014 21:41

corriecas
ddouven
Here the interview: [www.3fm.nl]
Great Joke,.
jeroen

So it's a fake?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 9, 2014 21:47

Yep fake iT is (grrr)

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 9, 2014 21:55

jackflash27
Yep fake iT is (grrr)

That isn't funny anymore - but I think that we have just to wait until tuesday or wednesday ;-)

Date: March 9, 2014 22:14

Just read some rumors on twitter about press conference stones on 21 march (!). That's very late. It messes up the press conference of PP this wednesday. Hope that the Stones will bring the news this week.

BV: what are your thoughts on that? Any updates on the tour announcement?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:16

If to quote (from memory) the first sounds at the Ladies and Gentlemen movie....

C'MON WHATS TAKING THEM SO LONG!

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:19

Page on Dutch newssite nu.nl about the Stones on Pinkpop has just been removed.
They were fooled by the fake announcement on Radio 3 too.

Let it rock!

Date: March 9, 2014 22:20

Question for the people who go to Pinkpop: where do you buy your tickets? Online? Or just at one of the normal presale addresses (VVV, etc)? I'm planning to go to a VVV next saturday (just to be sure for a ticket), but I'm not sure about the time I have to be there. Ticket sales for PP starts at 10 o'clock I think. What are your plans?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:29

jackflash27
Question for the people who go to Pinkpop: where do you buy your tickets? Online? Or just at one of the normal presale addresses (VVV, etc)? I'm planning to go to a VVV next saturday (just to be sure for a ticket), but I'm not sure about the time I have to be there. Ticket sales for PP starts at 10 o'clock I think. What are your plans?

Online, the VVV probably dont know what you are talking about. depending ofcourse where you live. Guess it will be sold out in 10 minutes, if the Stones are one of the bands who play.
jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2014 22:31

jackflash27
Just read some rumors on twitter about press conference stones on 21 march (!). That's very late. It messes up the press conference of PP this wednesday. Hope that the Stones will bring the news this week.

The Pinkpop press conference is on March 12 or 13. If the Stones Do Play, the Stones will give an announcement before that date.
Jeroen

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 10, 2014 00:00

jackflash27

De officiële prijzen voor Pinkpop tickets worden tijdens de jaarlijkse perspresentatie bekend gemaakt.

OFFICIËLE KAARTEN ZIJN VANAF ZATERDAG 15 MAART OP 3 MANIEREN VERKRIJGBAAR:

ONLINE VIA WWW.TICKETMASTER.NL
TELEFONISCH VIA TICKETMASTER: 0900-300 1250 (45 CPM).
VIA ÉÉN VAN DE ONDERSTAANDE 25 FYSIEKE TICKETMASTER VOORVERKOOPADRESSEN.
TICKETMASTER VOORVERKOOPADRESSEN

Almelo Boekhandel Broekhuis, Koornmarkt 24
Amsterdam Independent Outlet, Vijzelstraat 77
Amsterdam Concerto, Utrechtsestraat 52-60
Amsterdam FAME Plaza, Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 182
Den Haag VVV / Haags Uitburo, Spui 68
Eindhoven VVV, Stationsplein 17
Enschede Boekhandel Broekhuis, Marktstraat 12
Geleen Buro Pinkpop, Mauritslaan 25 (ma-vr)
Groningen Plato, Oude Ebbingestraat 41-43
Gulpen VVV, Dorpsstraat 27
Haarlem Sounds, Grote Houtstraat 171
Heerlen Satisfaction, Oranje Nassaustraat 29
Heerlen VVV, Bongerd 19
Hengelo (ov) Boekhandel Broekhuis, Wemenstraat 45
Landgraaf VVV, Raadhuisplein 12
Leiden Plato, Vrouwensteeg 4-8
Maastricht VVV, Kleine Staat 1
Rotterdam VVV, Coolsingel 195-197
Sittard Music Machine, Paardestraat 11
Sittard VVV, Rosmolenstraat 2
Tilburg Sounds, Nieuwlandstraat 33
Utrecht Plato, Voorstraat 35
Valkenburg VVV, Th. Dorrenplein 5
Venlo Sounds, Parade 66

[www.pinkpop.nl]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 10, 2014 00:40

As a novice at buying tickets for anything are there guidelines on the board eg for Paris Stade ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2014 00:50

Nothing special, just follow the link on the Stones' website, there will be loads of info here about that and any alternative sites selling tickets ;-)

jackflash27

A press conference ?! When was the last time they did one? Wouldn't the last "real" one be at Julliard/NYC in May 2005? The one for the 2006 European tour was a (pretty funny) "TV Press Conference" where they took questions from journalists. Can't remember anything specific for 2007 and since 2012 it's been YouTube videos.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-10 00:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 10, 2014 03:30

gotdablouse

A press conference ?! When was the last time they did one? Wouldn't the last "real" one be at Julliard/NYC in May 2005? The one for the 2006 European tour was a (pretty funny) "TV Press Conference" where they took questions from journalists. Can't remember anything specific for 2007 and since 2012 it's been YouTube videos.

the 2007 tour announcement was a webcast interview with Mick which featured the tour dates at the end plus some pretty inconsequential questions sent in by fans. It was pretty forgettable.

The 2012 shows were confirmed on a specially recorded video which was shown on rs.com, you tube and then as a trailer prior to the cinema presentation of 'Crossfire Hurricane'.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:41

Gazza
gotdablouse

the 2007 tour announcement was a webcast interview with Mick which featured the tour dates at the end plus some pretty inconsequential questions sent in by fans. It was pretty forgettable.

The 2012 shows were confirmed on a specially recorded video which was shown on rs.com, you tube and then as a trailer prior to the cinema presentation of 'Crossfire Hurricane'.

I remember getting pretty excited about the Julliard thing, and I think that went off quite well.

Date: March 10, 2014 07:52

corriecas
jackflash27

Online, the VVV probably dont know what you are talking about. depending ofcourse where you live. Guess it will be sold out in 10 minutes, if the Stones are one of the bands who play.
jeroen

Yeah, but because it will be sold out in 10 minutes, don't you have more chance to go to one of the presale offices, just to be sure to get a ticket? I'm always afraid of online: internet is very slow, servers can be down, etc. Best chance in my opinion is to go early to VVV (Sittard in my case), or Buro Pinkpop in Geleen. Aren't you worried that the online option is very risky?

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:47

corriecas
jackflash27

The Pinkpop press conference is on March 12 or 13. If the Stones Do Play, the Stones will give an announcement before that date.
Jeroen

I wouldn't be entirely sure about that. Do you remember how it went with Glastonbury last year? The Stones announced their appearance even some weeks after the line-up had been published. It might be the same with PinkPop this year so people have to buy the tickets without being sure that the Stones will really play there.

Date: March 10, 2014 10:04

maradona
corriecas
jackflash27

Jeroen

I wouldn't be entirely sure about that. Do you remember how it went with Glastonbury last year? The Stones announced their appearance even some weeks after the line-up had been published. It might be the same with PinkPop this year so people have to buy the tickets without being sure that the Stones will really play there.

I don't think its the same case. Glastonbury is often "sold out" many-many month before any date we might consider reasonable for pre sale. Also - it didn't happen as a regular date within a national tour but rather a "one time event". Pinkpop seems like THE Netherlands share of the European summer tour. As it happens - both events take place at the same time.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 10, 2014 10:04

I think they will have their "own day" on Pinkpop with special ticket prices because 160e or so for 3 days including Stones is impossible.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 10, 2014 10:15

island01
I think they will have their "own day" on Pinkpop with special ticket prices because 160e or so for 3 days including Stones is impossible.

IF the Stones play at Pinkpop the ticket prices won't change. The festival will release an additional 10K tickets.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:08

BTW: a Dutch journalist notes on Twitter that according to Jan Smeets the Stones announcement will be on the 21st.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:13

If Pinkpop, it has to be announced at the official press conference this week. No Pinkpop-Act ever was announced after the ticket sales start.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:26

Gazza
gotdablouse

Thanks for the 2007 info, so the last "group" PC would be that virtual 2006 one then. I remember recording it as it streamed but may have lost the content of that HD. It was pretty funny as Keith was downing gallons of that red colored drink and was rather "disconnected" and Mick was trying to put a funny spin on it while half-apologizing for Keith's answers..that's when I understood why he (doubt it would be Keith) pretty much vetoed joint interviews after the 1989 "comeback" ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:27

bv
The closer we get to the announcement, which will be in less than on e week as from now, the more promoters will DENY the fact that there will be a show in their territory. Because they have signed a contract saying they are not supposed to say ANYTHING until the Stones announce. Then there is a bunch of others who fish in the water and they try to make some attention for their shows and parties now. It seems like the list is done now. I will update my list accordingly. A few dates will be removed, but most will stay.

mr edward
BTW: a Dutch journalist notes on Twitter that according to Jan Smeets the Stones announcement will be on the 21st.

BV any news about the announcement ?

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:27

mr edward

Maybe he made a mistake by changing the order of numbers. smiling smiley Isn't the conference for Pinkpop scheduled for 12th?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:35

Karlos123
No Pinkpop-Act ever was announced after the ticket sales start.

Now, wouldn't that make the Stones special ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 10, 2014 11:57

The discussed delay till the last 1/3 of March sounds a bit problematic. Several Stadium events planned for June, or even late May in locations where selling 40-50K tickets for high prices is not something taken for granted considering the competition with other "megastar" acts at the same time, same location and often: same target of costumers. Wonder what is the reason for halting the announcement for so long.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:15

a lot of people are making holiday plans, so they shouldn't wait too long with announcing a few dates.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:19

Well bv's latest post told us the announcement will be this Tuesday or Wednesday.
As we didn't get an update on this, the wait will find an end soon confused smiley

Date: March 10, 2014 12:31

bernard90mike
Well bv's latest post told us the announcement will be this Tuesday or Wednesday.
As we didn't get an update on this, the wait will find an end soon confused smiley

Yeah - all of us living withing the European perimeter would like to get the final tour dates so we can move from the "Uncertainty about dates/locations/Venue facility" stage to the "Uncertainty about seltist/gig's length" stage... smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:04

Wroclaw
bernard90mike

Yeah - all of us living withing the European perimeter would like to get the final tour dates so we can move from the "Uncertainty about dates/locations/Venue facility" stage to the "Uncertainty about seltist/gig's length" stage... smiling smiley

...ànd I'd like some clarity upfront about the setlist as well: with or without Emotional Rescue? With or without Silver Train? How many songs Taylor will be playing on?
I mean, come ON - the people have a right to know!! Especialy since it concerns our holidays... smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home