Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:03

bv
I get info about more dates now so it seems they are still in the bidding process for some of the dates. I would assume it could take 1-2 more weeks until all is set, but most of the tour is probably sealed by now.

Just have one thing in your mind. PR means you want to be on top of the news. Right now there are at least TWO other news that take up all attention in Europe. I would not do any sort of announcement if I wanted to be "above the scroll" vs news.

BV: could you please give us a bit more certainty about the rumoured shows that probably will happen? Maybe change the status of those shows into 'Probably' instead of rumoured?

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:08

jackflash27
bv
I get info about more dates now so it seems they are still in the bidding process for some of the dates. I would assume it could take 1-2 more weeks until all is set, but most of the tour is probably sealed by now.

Just have one thing in your mind. PR means you want to be on top of the news. Right now there are at least TWO other news that take up all attention in Europe. I would not do any sort of announcement if I wanted to be "above the scroll" vs news.

BV: could you please give us a bit more certainty about the rumoured shows that probably will happen? Maybe change the status of those shows into 'Probably' instead of rumoured?

At this point (in bidding) are Ziggodome & San siro still possible ?

Date: March 11, 2014 14:11

bv

1-2 weeks...then Finally 21st march could be the right date ? Any confirmation about this rumor ?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:14

Will be added more places? East-Central Europe?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:17

Yeah, 21 March might be true then for a Stones announcement.
Jeroen

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 11, 2014 15:54

So Pinkpop June 7 or what?

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 11, 2014 16:02

@onlykeef
I think san siro very difficult as it will host 9 music events starting end of may 'till jul, 9th and on the 20th the heat system of the lawn will be renewed.
As far as I know the promoters wanted the stones to play Lucca Blues Festival but it seems this opportunity being left off due to budget reasons so they tried Rock In Rome. I'm confident the show will be in Rome ... but we'll see in a while winking smiley
m.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 11, 2014 16:17

JumpinJeppeFlash
So Pinkpop June 7 or what?

If they play Pinkpop, it would be June 7, yes - we´ll maybe know more tomorrow. But I think they will announce the whole tour next week friday (March 21) - it seems more realistic to me. Maybe the Stones will be confirmed for Pinkpop tomorrow, and the rest of the announcements will follow next week - that´s what I think.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 16:26

How long from the official announcement to the ticket selling?

(I'll be away from home from March 21st to April 1 st.
I'm afraid in Havana won't be a very good internet speed and quality).

Date: March 11, 2014 16:28

Maybe some shows the same day March 21,and other shows a week , or 2 weeks later.

Have a great time in Havana !!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Date: March 11, 2014 16:28

spain73
How long from the official announcement to the ticket selling?

(I'll be away from home from March 21st to April 1 st.
I'm afraid in Havana won't be a very good internet speed and quality).

I think it´ll be a week or so after the annoucement - it wasn´t very long at the 14 On Fire tour.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2014 18:07

The list I have made on IORR is still the valid list of rumoured shows. I will update that list when I think it is the right time and the right info. I do not add new rumoured shows immediately because I check several sources.

PROBABLY means it is confirmed by someone official I trust 100% and there is no way any of these are in that category still.

Tickets will go on pre-sale the next day i.e. the day after the announcement and normal sale 1-2 days later. That is the norm. When they announce shows then the ticket outlets have got everything ready.

I get a lot of e-mail about shows but I can NOT reply to questions about shows. Please see IORR for such updates.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 18:15

So we have to hope/wait for a press conference at Friday next week.
Hope that they will really do one. It would be in Australia because it's one day before their Adelaide Stadium show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2014 18:45

Wroclaw
Sister Marie
island01
I just hope they didn't give up of Europe this summer. Everything else we can handle, even this long time waiting.

yes, as the european tour last autumn... confused smiley

That "no tour" never got pass the "general rumors" + "indications promoters were contacted" stage.

There were rumors, if I remember correctly, also about the London Olympics opening/closing ceremonies.

Only by idiots in the tabloid press who were busy dreaming up supergroups of the Stones, McCartney, Bowie and similar nonsense. The Stones were NEVER going to play those gigs, not having been on a stage together for five years.

The tour last autumn was more than just a 'general rumour'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 18:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2014 20:42

Gazza
gotdablouse

A press conference ?! When was the last time they did one? Wouldn't the last "real" one be at Julliard/NYC in May 2005? The one for the 2006 European tour was a (pretty funny) "TV Press Conference" where they took questions from journalists. Can't remember anything specific for 2007 and since 2012 it's been YouTube videos.

the 2007 tour announcement was a webcast interview with Mick which featured the tour dates at the end plus some pretty inconsequential questions sent in by fans. It was pretty forgettable.

The 2012 shows were confirmed on a specially recorded video which was shown on rs.com, you tube and then as a trailer prior to the cinema presentation of 'Crossfire Hurricane'.

Sorry for the OT but I've been searching high and low for info (before trying to track it down on my old hard drives) on that press webcast I'd recorded for the 2006 European tour and have not been able to find any info about it anywhere, even in the IORR news archives...I went back to 2003 just in case I was confused, but no go, it happened right?!

UPDATE - strike that, it did happen and it was on November 29th, 2005 : [www.iorr.org]

The Rolling Stones stayed up late in Dallas, USA to do a 40 minutes press conference broadcasted live in Europe at 8am CET this morning. The European Tour dates for 2006 were announced. Updates, reports and confirmed dates will follow here shortly on the European Tour Dates pages Also see the IORR Euro News updates.
Can't find anything on YouTube so I guess I'll have to go looking for my recording...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 20:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 21:16

Pinkpop program leaked according to festileaks: [festileaks.com]#

Including..... The stones winking smiley

Date: March 11, 2014 21:24

jackflash27

If this list is right, Pinkpop is going to be great - the Stones, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Plant, Lenny Kravitz ... that would be awesome! Let's hope the best for tomorrow! :-)

Date: March 11, 2014 21:54

Kaisan
jackflash27

If this list is right, Pinkpop is going to be great - the Stones, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Plant, Lenny Kravitz ... that would be awesome! Let's hope the best for tomorrow! :-)

festileaks is NOT reliable at all !!
jeroen

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 12, 2014 00:00

Jeroen: I think they are waiting for the last minute on purpose. I was pretty put out that no Amsterdam show at all - even in the Echo Dome.

Date: March 12, 2014 00:34

Rock in Roma this evening on Twitter

[twitter.com]

"Best week ever..." ->I hope for the Stones.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:09

Roma and Pinkpop today..... maybe we´ll get something from the Stones today?

Date: March 12, 2014 08:14

kaskatanas
Roma and Pinkpop today..... maybe we´ll get something from the Stones today?

I think that at least Pinkpop will be announced today because of the pre sales this friday. The whole tour will follow next friday IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 08:16 by Kaisan.

Date: March 12, 2014 08:49

Good news for the fans in Scandinavia. They will do three shows i.e. all of the Scandinavian countries this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:55

bv
Good news for the fans in Scandinavia. They will do three shows i.e. all of the Scandinavian countries this summer.

Fantastic news. It's actually cheaper for me to fly to Denmark from Bristol than to get to London by train ( and I live two hours away). All shaping up nicely smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:57

Here's where I display my ignorance. Norway, Sweden, Finland--so Denmark isn't classed as Scandinavian? Plus, I know Iceland isn't part of the same land mass, but I thought it was sometimes included with Scandinavia too? Good news for you northerners, anyway!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:20

bv

Great!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:23

Lisbon!!!!! ?????

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:28

Aquamarine
Here's where I display my ignorance. Norway, Sweden, Finland--so Denmark isn't classed as Scandinavian? Plus, I know Iceland isn't part of the same land mass, but I thought it was sometimes included with Scandinavia too? Good news for you northerners, anyway!

Denmark, Norway and Sweden are included in Scandinavia. Originally.
If you add Finland and Iceland you call it the Nordic (countries).
But Finland has come to be mentioned as one of the Scandinavian countries by many people the last decades.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 12, 2014 09:49

bv

Wow! ...... even... Iceland? smiling smiley (I know it's not included in Scandinavia and very tiny but still)

Anyway good news, I'd love to come back to some places there, even if travelling in these countries is expensive.

Date: March 12, 2014 09:54

Scandinavia = Norway, Sweden, Denmark

The Nordic countries are also including Finland and Iceland, but if you read my message you will notice I did say SCANDINAVIA. I don't think they will do more than ... Scandinavia in the Nordic region. In fact that is what they will do.

Yes. Lisbon is getting the Stones this summer too.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1203
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home