Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:17

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:30

... hehehe ... garage people
grinning smiley

Thanks for all the infos and vigour, rockerparis!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:31

So glad and happy for the 27 who did get in.

Must have been a great experience and hope it was the dedicated few who were there day after day and who are gonna see some of the upcoming gigs.

These guys and gals definately deserve it. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:35

Will there be reports tonight from the lucky 27 ? It would be great to know how everyone is playing and singing - good news that Keith is playing well - bodes well for the tour.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:40

EJM
Will there be reports tonight from the lucky 27 ? It would be great to know how everyone is playing and singing - good news that Keith is playing well - bodes well for the tour.

You bet there will!

And that setlist looks like a prototype setlist for the upcoming tour to me!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 15, 2014 00:41

Oh wow, I just saw a news report about this--so wonderful for those who got in, you deserve it! smiling smiley

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 15, 2014 01:07

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 15, 2014 01:14

This looks like a concert setlist to me. Great they play Silver Train with Mick T! smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 15, 2014 01:48

14 February 2014

The Rolling Stones invite fans to their 14 ON FIRE rehearsal

Today the Rolling Stones celebrated the last day of their 14 ON FIRE rehearsals by inviting fans into the studio to watch them play a short set.

Over thirty fans, who’d been listening to the rehearsals in the street, watched Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, along with special guest and former Stone, Mick Taylor, and touring band members Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell, Bobby Keys, Tim Ries, Lisa Fischer and Bernard Fowler perform eleven songs that included:

Doom And Gloom

She’s So Cold

Silver Train (with Mick Taylor)

Slipping Away (with Keith on lead vocals and Mick Taylor)

Before They Make Me Run (with Keith on lead vocals)

Paint It Black

Sympathy For The Devil

The band thanked the crowd for supporting them, many of whom had been waiting outside the studio every day of rehearsals, and for the Valentine’s flowers fans had given to them.

The Rolling Stones open their 14 ON FIRE tour next Friday 21st February in Abu Dhabi’s du Arena, which will also be their first ever show in the UAE.

They will play 14 shows on their tour of Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 15, 2014 02:29

Taylor on a Steel Wheels track? I'm encouraged and bemused in equal measure.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 15, 2014 02:48

Perfect timing. Under a week now till the first show as well. Are you ready guys and gals smiling smiley

Thank you to all of you good people who have reported on the events in Paris, it really is appreciated.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: February 15, 2014 03:23

My two cents: Love the idea of Taylor on Slipping Away, could make for a very tasteful break. Song seems to fit his style. I'm excited about it, as it's one he actually has to learn and rehearse. As for Silver Train, it never grabbed me and I don't like the production on the studio version, but it seems like one of those songs they could really bash out, especially w/Taylor on board. Looking forward to both.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 04:50

I enjoy taylors playing very much but I dont think he should play on slipping away its not right but rock and a hard place would kick ass!

Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:12

Of course the tour will be a warhorse extravaganza.. unfortunately
What do you expect?
That's what the "average concert visitorwinking smiley" knows and wants to hear.
For me it is more than enough that they do 'Silver Train' (always one of my favourites), hopefully in every show.
I never expected that they unpack this totally underrated great song.
Since years I hope in vain for the '@#$%&'
Well..., Dreaming is freeeye rolling smiley
Cheers... 3 weeks to go for Macau>grinning smiley<

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:45

Rehearsals 2/14/14 - Day 10 Fans invited in.

01. Start Me Up
02. You Got Me Rocking
03. IORR
04. Shattered
05. Emotional Rescue
06. Wild Horses

BREAK

WARM-UP SHOW for FANS

07. Doom And Gloom
08. She's So Cold
09. Silver Train (with Mick Taylor)
10. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
11. Miss You
12. Slipping Away (with Mick Taylor)
13. Before They Make Me Run
14. Paint It Black
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Tumbling Dice
17. SFTD

BREAK

18. Gimme Shelter
19. Brown Sugar
20. Jumping Jack Flash

BREAK

21. YCAGWYW
22. Satisfaction

Many Thanks to Rockerparis.blogspot.fr for the setlist

ROCKERPARIS website link

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 15, 2014 07:49

MIGHTY MIGHTY COOL!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:20

well, the small Fans only show sounds great !!!!!!!
looking forward to read about it.
Jeroen

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:13

Now we know most of the set list for Abu.
Shattered, Wild horses, She's so cold will not be played every night.
Happy / BTMMR

I wasn't inside but one of the happy fews told me : For Slippin' away, MT did a "little thing" like Blondie Chaplin did in the past (electric or acoustic, i don't know).
Both Ron and Mick T on slide for Silver Train!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:32

I talked with the sad fews #28,29 and 30.
They arrived just after Charlie, the last Stone to reach Bondy that day.
It seems the "rule" was to take the ones already there before the arrival of the last Stone!!
Bjornulf was absent, back in Norwayeye rolling smiley
Among the 27, most were regular of the rehearsals but i would say 4-5 may have been informed about that special day AND that special time (be there before 3pm).
During the "show", some gate/door was opened, so the sound was better from outside.

After the "show", they played the end of the set list and BS sounded very slow (i didn't say BAD)

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:53

Can someone who didn't get in or who was in tell how they sounded on Sympathy?
One of my favorite songs but not played 2013 as good as in 2003...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:59

I did not make it for the rehearsals unfortunately. I have been in Paris for 3 weeks, arriving to Paris one week before they started rehearsals, but on Friday I was on the plane back home to Norway while they gave out numbers to the lucky 27. If I had stayed I would have been number 5 or so like I used to be every day.

But no regrets. I wanted to be back home for three small days before I go on the entire tour for nearly two months now. Back home to my wife and family. The toughest part of following the Stones as much as I do is missing the family.

I am so happy for all the good friends I met in Paris who made it into the rehersals performance, but I am also sad for those who spent every day with me there, but just came 5 minutes or so too late on the last day.

I have so many great memories from the rehearsals. Some are posted here in this thread, some are published in this new complete list of reherased songs:

The Paris Rehearsals Feb 2014 : [www.iorr.org]

I will make the rest of my comments in my countdown thread:

Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2014 Tour start : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-15 15:39 by bv.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:12

Good to see memory motel on the list.

Hopefully one of the UK concerts will get to hear it.

Date: February 15, 2014 13:25

BV - so sorry you were not one of the 27. You so deserved it. AND I was really looking forward to your review - I do hope there were IORR members who will be putting up some details for the rest of us.

Posted by: olivier33 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:10

for me sympathy was not very good, except the Keith solo : his guitar (les paul junior 53) was CRYING as in the first solos of this song , very good.
Ron was very good too on this song. But there were some recorded sounds i think for the beginning , not so nice for me.

JAgger player very good guitar too on Mss you, i must confess, its the first time i hear his playing it was good, funcky.

Date: February 15, 2014 14:16

How were Keith's songs ? It sounds as if he has improved since last year and how was the interaction between band members

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:21

olivier33
for me sympathy was not very good, except the Keith solo : his guitar (les paul junior 53) was CRYING as in the first solos of this song , very good.
Ron was very good too on this song. But there were some recorded sounds i think for the beginning , not so nice for me.

JAgger player very good guitar too on Mss you, i must confess, its the first time i hear his playing it was good, funcky.

Thank you very much for report. Hope Keith will do the solo on Sympathy well too on stage in Abu Dhabi.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:25

bv
I did not make it for the rehearsals unfortunately. I have been in Paris for 3 weeks, arriving to Paris one week before they started rehearsals, but on Friday I was on the plane back home to Norway while they gave out numbers to the lucky 27. If I had stayed I would have been number 5 or so like I used to be every day.

But no regrets. I wanted to be back home for three small days before I go on the entire tour for nearly two months now. Back home to my wife and family. The toughest part of following the Stones as much as I do is missing the family.

I am so happy for all the good friends I met in Paris who made it into the rehersals performance, but I am also sad for those who spent every day with me there, but just came 5 minutes or so too late on the last day.

I have so many great memories from the rehearsals. Some are posted here in this thread, some are published in this new complete list of reherased songs:

The Paris Rehearsals Feb 2014 : [www.iorr.org]

I will make the rest of my comments in my countdown thread:

Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2014 Tour start : [www.iorr.org]

Wow ! 2 months ... ! Stones people touring smiling smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:29

marclaff
I talked with the sad fews #28,29 and 30.
They arrived just after Charlie, the last Stone to reach Bondy that day.
It seems the "rule" was to take the ones already there before the arrival of the last Stone!!
Bjornulf was absent, back in Norwayeye rolling smiley
Among the 27, most were regular of the rehearsals but i would say 4-5 may have been informed about that special day AND that special time (be there before 3pm).
During the "show", some gate/door was opened, so the sound was better from outside.

After the "show", they played the end of the set list and BS sounded very slow (i didn't say BAD)

We talked last night with the security chief. A cool guy. I bet he would have given clues to dedicated fans at Bondy saying patience would pay.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: February 15, 2014 15:49

The session is over.

Date: February 15, 2014 15:58

I don’t post usually cause i don’t have that much time and English is not my native language. But it seems that you’re all waiting for a review so…

I was one of the happy fans who did it, with #21. The choice process was the only possible one i think. With of course fair and unfair parts. But it was not a real show with dozen of security guys and they did their best to avoid bad vibes of having to count and make a selection when a lot of people would be there (the previous days, we ended the afternoon with 60 or 70 fans, much more than the room could receive. It was less a matter of size of the balcony than its resistance).
Most of the fans who got in were there everyday or close, having to deal with the shitty cold rainy weather. A very few people were there by accident for the first time and should buy a lottery ticket because it seems that luck is on their side. And a lot of addicted fans including some of my good friends missed the number process for sometimes two or three minutes.
Anyway, this was the deal. All the people there before the first Stone arrival got a number. It was 27, it could have been 25 or 35. I couldn’t tell you how much time we had to wait before entering (of course we had to wait for the Stones themselves to be there). Don’t forget my mind is not very clear after what happened, and probably not close to become clear again soon.
So, at some point they let us in, five by five, there was a guest room with a security checkpoint and a place to let our winter clothes and bags (of course no camera or cell phone allowed). Then the very friendly security man explained us what was going on. When he told us it was not about rehearsals but that the Stones were going to play a few songs for us (2,3,4, maybe 5 but we knew it would be more) and that we were allowed to clap our hands, yell and make as much noise as we wanted to (but please don’t jump because we’re not sure about the balcony), we all understood that we were on for a warm up gig, the smallest ever. They were some tears in the room including mines and i think i was very close to a massive heart attack. With us fans, they let in also about a dozen people working at the Planet Live studio. After maybe 20 minutes, they opened the door, we all climbed upstair to the balcony, everybody got a front row spot, and the @#$%&’ Stones were there, playing Doom & Gloom loud.
You already know the set list, let me just say that, with maybe the exception of Honky Tonk Women which was a bit sloopy and too slow, the whole show was full blast, the guys playing their ass off to make us the most wonderfull gift of our lives. I’m not the kind of fan who think that they are always at the top and that the last show is the best ever. But this time believe me, they were really on fire. And because there was no sound system, we got the real sound, raw and crunchy, straight from the amps. It was perfect, probably the best sound i’ve ever heard at a show, Stones or anybody else. Mick was a bit low in the mix at the beginning, but things went better. And we could hear each single note, each bit of riff, each bass line loud and clear. The boys were concentrated but made the show for us, as much as they could considering the size of the stage. The whole room was probably the size of a basket ball ground or a little less maybe.
A very personnal emotion, they played (perfectly well) Silver Train, with Keith cuting the main riff like a devil, Mick and Ronnie both on slide This song brought me to the Stones in 73 when i saw the clip on TV, and made me an addict for life in 3 minutes. And they never played it again between 73 and yesterday. Can you imagine how i felt ? !
OK, that’s almost all folks. Just one thing to add. To play a full show the last day is of course part of the rehearsals. To do it with an audience probably helps. And the buzz around this event is good marketing. But there was something obvious yesterday. Seeing all those crazy people there for them everyday, sometimes under the storm, really moved the boys. And they were all very pleased to make us this gift. Everybody, the Stones, the Stones crew, the studio crew, have been incredibly warm, nice and friendly. I still feel emotional at home typing it on my keyboard. Thank you everybody, thank you so much.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 12:24 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home