Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 12, 2014 08:47

Great thread, thanks for the reports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 21:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2014 09:27

The Sicilian
bv
More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams, which means added security and paparazzi style climbing the rails with cameras. I feel embarrassed because after all The Rolling Stones are in Paris for some private rehearsals. The press should leave them alone.

I guess the secret is out now.

yeah, well- When Ronnie mentions the location at the Radio 2 interview, sure people will be there.
Jeroen

OT : Who is Rockerparis?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 12, 2014 06:03

Since the beginning of the rehearsals in Bondy, France, I have noticed that Rockerparis is mentionned often. Is it one person or a team ? Do they post on IORR?
Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: OT : Who is Rockerparis?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 12, 2014 09:45

rollmops
Do they post on IORR?

Yes: [www.iorr.org] , [www.iorr.org] , [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:24

frenki09
I wonder if it ever happened that let's say Lisa or Bernard walked up to Jagger after rehearsal and said, "This song is a beauty, we should really do it, Mick". Would Jagger appreciate comments like that? Till The Next Goodbye is a wonder. And they should encourage Mick to do it. Those lyrics are just sooo great and smart. Way more classy and stylish than Fool To Cry or Worried About You... It is sooo "Jagger". They have a lot of songs that work work great live, and this one would be a beauty.

I beg to differ.
I think that the simplicity and honesty of,say, Fool To Cry, is far more affective. (Who needs 'classy' or stylish'?). Ditto for Out Of Tears.

I actually think that TTNG is a weaker, and musically rather clumsy, Jagger effort. (His vocal mannerisms grate on this listener too).

BUT THAT SAID, I'd far rather they broke that out at a concert than a many, many a worn and trodden warhorse.

So Hats off to them.

Now just add Stop Breaking Down as the central jam number!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:34

... or "Fingerprint File" if they're into a '74 mood.
MT would provide some tasty wah-wah licks. Please don't put him on bass! Leave it to Ronnie >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:36

bv
More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams

Great that the Stones can still get so much attention from the press.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 12, 2014 11:46

dcba
... or "Fingerprint File" if they're into a '74 mood.
MT would provide some tasty wah-wah licks. Please don't put him on bass! Leave it to Ronnie >grinning smiley<

Good call.
But hard to know how they'd handle this one. It is Taylor's bass riff so that job should go to him really. Keith OWNS the wah-wah on the original and live 75-76. So that would leave Ronnie with Jaggers guitar part, which really Keith could do sterling work on. So Keith and Ronnie would have to fight that out.

In the absence of Bill, it would have to be Darryl o synthesiser!

Do we therefore compensate Mick with a harmonica break?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:54

More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams
BV

I suspect when this kind of excitement stops happening The Stones will hang it up. In other words I believe they're happy people are showing up. And during winter time too, you guys are seriously devoted. Hope there will be a gig on Friday with an interesting setlist. Though I have doubts there will be any surprises during the tour, I'd like to be proved wrong.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 12, 2014 12:06

Deluxtone
frenki09
I wonder if it ever happened that let's say Lisa or Bernard walked up to Jagger after rehearsal and said, "This song is a beauty, we should really do it, Mick". Would Jagger appreciate comments like that? Till The Next Goodbye is a wonder. And they should encourage Mick to do it. Those lyrics are just sooo great and smart. Way more classy and stylish than Fool To Cry or Worried About You... It is sooo "Jagger". They have a lot of songs that work work great live, and this one would be a beauty.

I beg to differ.
I think that the simplicity and honesty of,say, Fool To Cry, is far more affective. (Who needs 'classy' or stylish'?). Ditto for Out Of Tears.

I actually think that TTNG is a weaker, and musically rather clumsy, Jagger effort. (His vocal mannerisms grate on this listener too).

BUT THAT SAID, I'd far rather they broke that out at a concert than a many, many a worn and trodden warhorse.

So Hats off to them.

Now just add Stop Breaking Down as the central jam number!

Any rarities are warmly welcomed by me!

But TTNG is a quite mediocre song, I think.

If you really want to be my friend and especially Time waits for no one are much more interesting IMO.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 12, 2014 13:19

More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams, which means added security and paparazzi style climbing the rails with cameras. I feel embarrised because after all The Rolling Stones are in Paris for some privale rehearsals. The press should leave them alone.

It's their job...

Date: February 12, 2014 13:33

Yes, they should.

Leave it to the real pros like B vik and Rockerparis!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2014 13:36

MAF
More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams, which means added security and paparazzi style climbing the rails with cameras. I feel embarrised because after all The Rolling Stones are in Paris for some privale rehearsals. The press should leave them alone.

It's their job...

They push a camera up into our faces and we tell them we do not want to be on TV. They say we are on public area so we have no privacy. These kinda guys were filming Lady Di through a keyhole in the door while she did workout privately, and they were driving her into fatality. They would film you in your bedroom if they could make money from it. Just like a cockroach is doing its job in my bathroom when I stay in a cheap and dirty place, I do know the paparazzis just do their job, but unlike the cockroach, they - the paparazzis, are supposed to have more than one brain cell and some sort of human moral and respect for individuals.

Bjornulf

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 12, 2014 14:03

BV- I think you're a nice person, considerate of peoples feelings and such. Good on you. Still I wouldn't be surprised if The Stones want the attention at this stage of their career. It shows they're still popular (free publicity). Also, Ronnie saying the name of the studio is a great indicator in my opinion. Funny, I still don't know the name myself. It doesn't matter as I'm not as devoted as you guys, though a very big fan I wouldn't spend hours waiting outside. Matter of fact my friend and I stayed 3 minutes at their hotel in Munich 2003 and looked at each other and said "what are we doing?" Everyone has their opinion about doing this. Anyhow, I hope you guys get what you're looking for and aren't too bothered by the paparazzi. And the BIG payday will be that you saw the secret gig. Good luck.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2014 14:18

I do NOT think they like to have the cameras pointing on them at this stage. Mick Jagger is very nice to the fans. Every day. He is rolling down the side window every day to say hello to the fans at the gate. Every day. Even in rain and cold. But on the day the cameras are there pointing to his car, he does not roll down the window. I think that is a clear signal he do NOT want to be filmed when he is not in the public. By fans, yes, but NOT by the paparazzis. He is still a human beeing just like you and me. By the way he rolled down the window 50 meters before the gate for the fans there but closed it when the stupid paparazzis were making their way in front of the fans, so this is not rocket science, more lake the basic course in human relations. I just observe, and it does not look good.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 14:41

He's always in the public!
That's part of the game "I'm famous".
You can't do cherry picking when you play the game.

We think it's not nice holding cameras into peoples faces,
but we love consume these stories and pics!

Check the board: Keith was out for dinner; Ronnie with Kiefer in London...etc

Where there's a demand.....

And always remember when you point at someone at least three fingers are pointing back to yourself.

Just a few thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 14:44 by Roadster32.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2014 14:43

The guy from TF1 last night was certainly ordered to go to the place and shoot some footage because the media beast needs something to put thru the tube 24/7 : for them TV people it's all the same, it's news. You can "thank" CNN for this trend I guess.

So I concur with BV, the band doesn't need this, at all. And they have every right to discourage these ppl.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 12, 2014 15:03

bv
closed it when the stupid paparazzis were making their way in front of the fans

Not sure how many fans and how many paparazzi ... but I can imagine a group of fans, standing next to eachother, wouldn't let any paparazzi get in front of them smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 12, 2014 15:12

DandelionPowderman
They have better songs to choose from than Till The Next Goodbye and Streets Of Love!

Why not Coming Down Again and If You Really Want To Be My Friend instead?

Even Indian Girl would be more interesting than SOL, imo. And, yes, SOL was very good on the BB tour.

Oops! I'm whining... Sorry smiling smiley

It's nice that they try out songs never or rarely played.
you are so right . more like lame streets of love .lame lame lame .there are so many better ballads to choose from .how about they dust off i got the blues off sticky fingers?

Date: February 12, 2014 15:31

How did you guys, who were listening to the rehearsals outside, hear Taylor on the takes of Till The Next Goodbye?

Date: February 12, 2014 15:32

Rolling Hansie
bv
closed it when the stupid paparazzis were making their way in front of the fans

Not sure how many fans and how many paparazzi ... but I can imagine a group of fans, standing next to eachother, wouldn't let any paparazzi get in front of them smiling smiley

Good One hansie, erg slimhot smiley
Jeroen

Date: February 12, 2014 16:23

Best thread in ages, and you're fast asleep? smiling smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 12, 2014 16:36

I think time waits for no one could be ironic for a 50 years old band smiling smiley
And since Taylor is here it would be a nice one played live.

Bad weather. I did not show up at Bondy.
Crossed fingers for valentine show ..

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 12, 2014 16:42

Isn't it fantastic: press-stress at the rehearsals, band working inside on "Till the next goodbye", rehearsing tons of songs, just 9 days left to the start of a new worldwide tour, starting in the middle east, Abu Dhabi is already rolling - and all this in Winter 2014.
STONES-FANS ARE A VERY, VERY GIFTED. FULL STOP.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 12, 2014 17:43

bv
I do NOT think they like to have the cameras pointing on them at this stage. Mick Jagger is very nice to the fans. Every day. He is rolling down the side window every day to say hello to the fans at the gate. Every day. Even in rain and cold. But on the day the cameras are there pointing to his car, he does not roll down the window. I think that is a clear signal he do NOT want to be filmed when he is not in the public. By fans, yes, but NOT by the paparazzis. He is still a human beeing just like you and me. By the way he rolled down the window 50 meters before the gate for the fans there but closed it when the stupid paparazzis were making their way in front of the fans, so this is not rocket science, more lake the basic course in human relations. I just observe, and it does not look good.

Which is why they should rehearse in Toronto again!!! (if they do N.A.) The press here agreed not to divulge where their rented houses were, nor did they hound rehearsals aside from a brief mention on the first day. Mick asked politely if the press could take it easy and in Canada, that's all it takes. Everyone and their brother knew they were at the Masonic temple or the school in 2005, and aside from a few ebay types noone really batted an eye. Charlie would often walk to and from the the hotel and was never bothered. Mick would hit the nightclubs most nights and there would be a bit of hubbub when he came in (but then again, he loves the attention) but pretty soon everything settled back down and he hit the dancefloor like everyone else. Once in 1997, a local tv station was doing the morning weather forecast on Bloor St. (at 6am!) and in the background who walks by but Keith on his way to bed! Just strolling down the street, no security or nothin'. Then again, it strikes me that there is much different culture to the press in Europe and the UK.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: February 12, 2014 17:43

caschimann
Isn't it fantastic: press-stress at the rehearsals, band working inside on "Till the next goodbye", rehearsing tons of songs, just 9 days left to the start of a new worldwide tour, starting in the middle east, Abu Dhabi is already rolling - and all this in Winter 2014.
STONES-FANS ARE A VERY, VERY GIFTED. FULL STOP.

smileys with beer thumbs up

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 12, 2014 17:52

Rolling Hansie
bv

Great that the Stones can still get so much attention from the press.

Yeah, I don't think they mind at all. As long as they don't break the doors to get in.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 12, 2014 18:02

bv
MAF

It's their job...

They push a camera up into our faces and we tell them we do not want to be on TV. They say we are on public area so we have no privacy. These kinda guys were filming Lady Di through a keyhole in the door while she did workout privately, and they were driving her into fatality. They would film you in your bedroom if they could make money from it. Just like a cockroach is doing its job in my bathroom when I stay in a cheap and dirty place, I do know the paparazzis just do their job, but unlike the cockroach, they - the paparazzis, are supposed to have more than one brain cell and some sort of human moral and respect for individuals.

Yes what ever happened to respect for others? A person should never be considered "public domain" no matter who it is and where they are. I'm surprised at this point that the main guys here at IORR aren't invited inside for what they have done over the years.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 12, 2014 18:28

Going against the grain here,imo at this stage of their carrer more than before The Stones are publicity whores,who enjoy the attention of the press,it helps them to sell tickets,which btw are not selling that well for this leg of the tour,tickets are easily available for all the upcoming shows,IF they wanted to rehearse in private there are many more locations that would remain private...jus sayin....winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 12, 2014 18:47

ROPENI
Going against the grain here,imo at this stage of their carrer more than before The Stones are publicity whores,who enjoy the attention of the press,it helps them to sell tickets,which btw are not selling that well for this leg of the tour,tickets are easily available for all the upcoming shows,IF they wanted to rehearse in private there are many more locations that would remain private...jus sayin....winking smiley

hot smileyJeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home