Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 176
Re: Pictures of Rolling Stones members with other famous people
Posted by: django ()
Date: August 21, 2015 20:39

crumbling_mice
Thanks Django, in my frustrations at getting the photo on here (overly complicated imo) I overlooked to add who it was. I might add that that song is brilliant and well worth listening to.

I bought the Jim Carroll album based on that song and whilst it is the stand out track, there are others worth hearing.

I love the song and I loved his album. I think it was called Catholic Boy. I read about the concert at Tramps in Bill German's BB magazine. Good old days!

Posted by: chop ()
Date: August 21, 2015 21:00

I think people are missing the point of this thread, it's Rolling Stones with other FAMOUS people. Not just other people in general or obscure musicians. Most people don't know who Saint Jude, Francoise Hardy, Win Butler or Johnny Hallyday are.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 21, 2015 21:18

chop
I think people are missing the point of this thread, it's Rolling Stones with other FAMOUS people. Not just other people in general or obscure musicians. Most people don't know who Saint Jude, Francoise Hardy, Win Butler or Johnny Hallyday are.

@famous' is highly subjective....someone I consider famous you may not have heard of and vice versa...I like the fact that there have been photos of people posted with members of the Stones who I haven't heard of!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 22, 2015 00:21

chop

No they are not missing the point both Francoise Hardy and Johnny Hallyday are famous people in Europe.
Most kids nowadays hardly know the Beatles and the Stones...makes that they are not famous?

more pictures of Francoise Hardy please....

Date: August 22, 2015 00:40

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: August 22, 2015 02:17

crumbling_mice
chop

@famous' is highly subjective....someone I consider famous you may not have heard of and vice versa...I like the fact that there have been photos of people posted with members of the Stones who I haven't heard of![/quote

Exactly. thumbs up

Date: August 22, 2015 15:47

Eric Clapton & Steve Jordan

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 22, 2015 17:43

crumbling_mice

Crumbling Mice, thank you for posting this amazing shot! It was taken by the photographer Godlis. I've admired it for years but have never seen it in this size before.They both look amazing. I loved the Catholic Boy album and saw Jim & his band live several times - it would have been mind-blowing to be in the audience @ Tramps when Keith showed up onstage!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 22, 2015 19:32

Plink
crumbling_mice

Crumbling Mice, thank you for posting this amazing shot! It was taken by the photographer Godlis. I've admired it for years but have never seen it in this size before.They both look amazing. I loved the Catholic Boy album and saw Jim & his band live several times - it would have been mind-blowing to be in the audience @ Tramps when Keith showed up onstage!

You're welcome Plink...every few months I play Catholic Boy and love the track People who died and didn't realise this is a photo of them actually playing that song! As you say, it would have been amazing to have been in the club when Keith strolled on stage. Thanks for crediting the photographer as well, it's agreat photo of them both. RIP Jim Carroll

Date: August 24, 2015 14:36

Saint Jude

Date: August 26, 2015 00:31

James Fox and Cecil Beaton

Date: August 27, 2015 00:23

Marcus Reichert

Date: August 28, 2015 03:18

Patti Smith

Date: August 28, 2015 18:32

Paris Hilton

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2015 22:31

Micko with Paris Hilton ... WhoooHoo would lurv ta hear that conversation ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 29, 2015 00:01

Rockman
Micko with Paris Hilton ... WhoooHoo would lurv ta hear that conversation ...

"I'm producing this new HBO series and I've seen some of your video work so..............."

Date: August 29, 2015 16:33

VICTOR JOHANSSON

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: August 29, 2015 20:19

But for Europeans of a certain age Francoise Hardy is icon and for the French Jonny Halliday may mean more than mick jagger

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 30, 2015 00:23

EJM
But for Europeans of a certain age Francoise Hardy is icon and for the French Jonny Halliday may mean more than mick jagger

So what?

Date: August 30, 2015 00:34

Harlem Shuffler
EJM

So what?

He was referring to an older post were some one says and called Francoise Hardy and Johnny Halliday obscure musicians "I think people are missing the point of this thread, it's Rolling Stones with other FAMOUS people. Not just other people in general or obscure musicians."

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 00:59

NICOS
Harlem Shuffler
EJM

So what?

He was referring to an older post were some one says and called Francoise Hardy and Johnny Halliday obscure musicians "I think people are missing the point of this thread, it's Rolling Stones with other FAMOUS people. Not just other people in general or obscure musicians."

Just have a look on the mick jagger running out of luck movie. He was trying to say he was the famous micky jaggero but for the 2 old people, Julio Igliesias was the most famoust. Anyway, think or tell what you want but for example, in France Johnny Halliday is really famous and a big star. It is the same for many countries.

Date: August 30, 2015 01:35

NICOS
chop

No they are not missing the point both Francoise Hardy and Johnny Hallyday are famous people in Europe.
Most kids nowadays hardly know the Beatles and the Stones...makes that they are not famous?

more pictures of Francoise Hardy please....

This was the post............

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 30, 2015 13:26

NICOS
Harlem Shuffler
EJM

So what?

Thanks for clarifying,Nicos.

Apologies to EJM. I see now where you were coming from.

Date: August 30, 2015 20:14

Václav Havel

Date: August 31, 2015 23:23

Andy Warhol & Fred Hughes

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: September 1, 2015 17:56

Wow, there's some great photos on this thread. Note to self - sign in to IORR more often,,,smiling smiley

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: September 2, 2015 00:47

Date: September 3, 2015 00:40

Aretha Franklin

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: September 3, 2015 20:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-02 22:54 by Rollin' Stoner.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2015 02:02

Cool I like it .... fanks Rollin' Stoner

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home