Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Singapore Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 14, 2014 13:13

BostonBob
The honor would be mine…I will have cold ice for your beers! It is outside on the waterside facing back into the city…i am hoping to be there by 630-7:00 it would be a five minute walk into the show from there….i am a bit concerned that the haze from the indonesian fires will put a damper on things but to me that just means less people will be out so even easier to meet up...

Sounds like a plan. I will look for you at the screen. You actually from Boston? I live near Worcester.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2014 13:36

I always carry a thermometer just to see what is around. It was 38 by the pool of my hotel but sure that is no wind and hotter than out in the streets.

Anyway, this is the first place I have seen people waiting for the green light at street crossings where they stay under the building roofs in the shade and not ready to cross. Very strange. It is the heat. Don't know if I could stay here a week, but I assume it will be a habit.

Have to check out that rooftop tomorrow. Also the Tiger Beer Brewery tour. By the way the Indoor Arena area is just a big construction place, two hours walking there for no use, but I have walked all day so at least I get my feet going.

Don't know about meeting places, but if there is an oudoor waterhole close to the arena then it would be great. I noticed there was some facing the city, any locals who know the place? I could walk over there tomorrow morning, it takes half an hour from my place. Have to check out the rooftop anyway.

Bjornulf

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: March 14, 2014 13:46

bv
I always carry a thermometer just to see what is around. It was 38 by the pool of my hotel but sure that is no wind and hotter than out in the streets.

Anyway, this is the first place I have seen people waiting for the green light at street crossings where they stay under the building roofs in the shade and not ready to cross. Very strange. It is the heat. Don't know if I could stay here a week, but I assume it will be a habit.

Have to check out that rooftop tomorrow. Also the Tiger Beer Brewery tour. By the way the Indoor Arena area is just a big construction place, two hours walking there for no use, but I have walked all day so at least I get my feet going.

Don't know about meeting places, but if there is an oudoor waterhole close to the arena then it would be great. I noticed there was some facing the city, any locals who know the place? I could walk over there tomorrow morning, it takes half an hour from my place. Have to check out the rooftop anyway.

This might be a good option for cheap(er) beers before the show for those looking for a spot. It is the Lau Pa Sat hawker centre

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 14, 2014 13:54

grew up in and around Boston, have a home in Providence now but have lived Spore for 7 years…..yeah it is hot here and it hasn't rained in two months so the haze from the pollution likely keeping in even more heat. I just flew back in today from a trip and i counted upwards of 50 large plantation fires (they slash and burn the rubber trees and other stuff) and thus it will be a tough weekend…..anyhow cold beers and the Stones will fix all that and for those of you heading to Perth it will be akin to being transported to Eden in terms of clear skies, great weather and a good vibe...

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:01

remmeber all that Singapore as stiff as it may be in many ways has an open container law…you can buy a beer at a 7/11 and walk the streets etc..no drinks or food on the subway or buses but open container law and very relaxed about it so long as people aren't obnoxious which i have pretty much never seen…so you can pay 5x to sit in a bar or grab a few and sit outside and watch the world pass by that is my choice of bars in singapore the 7/11 sidewalk bar...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 15, 2014 00:58

If anyone is looking for a ticket, contact kahoosier@aol.com, as it seems he has one going spare. Not sure where the seat is located (possibly in section 205) but he's mid-flight right now and will arrive at his hotel around mid-afternoon.

Date: March 15, 2014 02:06

As of 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning in Singapore - Sistic once again has tickets up for sale in all categories except VIP seated ($700)

Standing - RW side - $550
$550 in sec 106 and 202
$400 in 201
$250 in 101

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-15 02:15 by roamermark.

Date: March 15, 2014 08:30

Just a heads up not to confuse the Event Plaza (outside where they are simulcasting the show on an LED screen and holding the 'Singapore Rocks' festival) with the actual venue which is inside on the 5th floor. For newcomers it could be confusing.

Cheers - see you there

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home