Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Singapore Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 11, 2014 14:50

If anyone has a spare pair, pls let me know. Cheers

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 11, 2014 15:48

roamermark
a bigger nut
Tickets are dropped.

All categories available now.smiling smiley

Nice spot! My friend was able to get tix - thanks for that.

Pleasure.

Let's enjoy the best show on this planet.smileys with beer

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: March 11, 2014 15:56

a bigger nut
roamermark
a bigger nut
Tickets are dropped.

All categories available now.smiling smiley

Nice spot! My friend was able to get tix - thanks for that.

Pleasure.

Let's enjoy the best show on this planet.smileys with beer

Can hardly wait! Will be there in 106. Bringing my 9 year old son for his first show - not just first Stones show, but first show ever.

Date: March 12, 2014 00:18

Singapore is now sold out again. The recently released tickets have all been snapped up as of Wednesday morning Singapore time.

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:47

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:00 by Santipab.

Date: March 12, 2014 09:26

Santipab
roamermark
Singapore is now sold out again. The recently released tickets have all been snapped up as of Wednesday morning Singapore time.

There were some more available at SISTIC again later Wednesday morning, including standing on KR side, but seems to be pretty much sold out again at the moment. Looks like they are releasing them in dribs and drabs so might be worth checking back if anyone is in need!

Yes - still some showing for Keith's side, standing at S$550 - check back often. In other news, Singapore has been hit by haze from fire pollution in Indonesia. Not as bad as last June but could be nasty by Saturday.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:41

Arrived in Singapore today and walked over from my hotel to pick up my ticket.

Huge mall in the Convention Center, where the ball room is located, with an amazing food court if you want to eat cheap before the show. Every kind of food you can imagine sold there.

Took a walk up to the ballroom and it does not seem that big so hopefully my section 205 ticket will be a decent view. Getting excited now.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 12, 2014 18:07

I'm on Keith's side for this show - or at least I hope it's Keith's side and not Bobby's back.

We'll see shortly.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:47

Message for Kariem:
Unfortunately no. Facebook is blocked in China so can't answer you via fb.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:25

The Stones have arrived in Singapore today at 04:53 UTC: [www.flightradar24.com] , [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: March 13, 2014 15:10

So excited about what's coming!!
Cant wait to see the layout in the ballroom...

Should be a special show...Still no idea which stage they're gonna use..

Excitement is growing...

Date: March 13, 2014 20:55

no fan vote yet...

wondering..

wasnt it 48 hrs before the gig?

Date: March 13, 2014 20:58

oh and by the way...

Marina Bay Sands is just AMAZING...

Crazy the people you can run into...

Oh and I think the simulcast on the bigg screens is gonna be sick..

Nothing to compare with Paradiso 1995!!

Date: March 13, 2014 20:59

Bernard Fowler on Twitter

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 21:00 by lickskeith.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:26

Can anyone correctly predict the exact set list for Singapore?
(There is no prize but you can claim bragging right as top Stones fan...)

Date: March 14, 2014 01:59

roundnround
Can anyone correctly predict the exact set list for Singapore?
(There is no prize but you can claim bragging right as top Stones fan...)

No - but I can predict it will either be solidly different because of the venue/simulcast situation or straight back to the solid 19.

Date: March 14, 2014 06:37

I found it interesting that the local people at several companies I am here to visit for business did not know the Stones were playing in Singapore.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2014 07:07

Singapore temperature right now at 1pm is 38 Celcius i.e. 100 Fahrenheit. In the shade. Blue sky and sunshine, just some clouds now and then. The humidity is low only 40% so I can survive here for a couple of days more.

I walked over to Marine Bay Sands and it is a monster. Checked their prices when I planned my Singapore travel, and they asked for 500 dollar per night, chepest rooms, which is many times my budget. Still it would be nice to get up to that palm tree top floor area with pools and drinks. It looks great from the pictures.

My main tourist activity for today is to check out the old place they played in 2003 - Singapore Indoor Stadium. I don't know if it is still there, but I do remember they had such a great outdoor area with drinks and food services nearby, very different from Marine Bay Sands.

Bjornulf

Posted by: icequeenn ()
Date: March 14, 2014 07:33

bv
Singapore temperature right now at 1pm is 38 Celcius i.e. 100 Fahrenheit. In the shade. Blue sky and sunshine, just some clouds now and then. The humidity is low only 40% so I can survive here for a couple of days more.

I walked over to Marine Bay Sands and it is a monster. Checked their prices when I planned my Singapore travel, and they asked for 500 dollar per night, chepest rooms, which is many times my budget. Still it would be nice to get up to that palm tree top floor area with pools and drinks. It looks great from the pictures.

My main tourist activity for today is to check out the old place they played in 2003 - Singapore Indoor Stadium. I don't know if it is still there, but I do remember they had such a great outdoor area with drinks and food services nearby, very different from Marine Bay Sands.

It's only 32 degrees. We never hit 38.

Do go up there if u have the chance. Non-staying guests can go but not sure if you have to pay an entry fee but it's a great view. Remember to take pics on both sides. It's hazy now so it might not be so clear. Night time is fab.

Around the Singapore Indoor stadium, there's still a lot of construction activity due to the building of the National Stadium. U can hang aroung Kallang Leisure Park.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:56

icequeenn
bv

It's only 32 degrees. We never hit 38.

Do go up there if u have the chance. Non-staying guests can go but not sure if you have to pay an entry fee but it's a great view. Remember to take pics on both sides. It's hazy now so it might not be so clear. Night time is fab.

Around the Singapore Indoor stadium, there's still a lot of construction activity due to the building of the National Stadium. U can hang aroung Kallang Leisure Park.

It is nice up on the Skypark on top of MBS. A bit pricey at $20 for a lift ride to the top. A few gems in terms of eating in the area would be the 'upscale' hawker centres - one is MAkanSutra (Glutton's Bay) which is beside the Esplanade Theatres (that spiky round building across the bay). The other is the street food fair beneath the Singapore FLyer (the big ferris wheel) - both are reasonably priced and tasty.

More upscale food lies inside the MBS mall at the gig venue. All run by major international chefs like Wolfgang Puck. Pizzeria Mozza by MArio Batali is delicious (but pricey). I also like the Pita Pan located in MBS near the ArtScience museum (the lotus flower building) Very tasty, slightly overpriced, falafel and Middle Eastern food.

See you all tomorrow!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:17

At the box office today they had the same seating plan with the strange allocation of the standing zones. People where not able to give more detailed information. Colectors will be happy to hear that there are old style printed tickets, not this thermopaper stuff.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:47

Also went over to the Sands today - huge space, but the Ballroom looks small -and up near the top of the building. easy access from MRT.

The view from the roof of the hotel (Skywalk) is awesome and worth the S$20.

No sign of equipment being loaded-in, but then I didn't walk all around. No security visible - all very low key.

Agree with BV - its pretty warm here - 34C at least, but not too humid and a breeze.

Is there an IORR meeting place?

Date: March 14, 2014 11:03

Song Vote is up. Another new to the tour song will be played in SG

When the Whip Comes Down

Let's Spend the Night Together

Just My Imagination

Live With Me

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:10

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 18:59 by Santipab.

Date: March 14, 2014 11:19

Wow 5500?! Thats half what it was supposed to be! Even more excited now!

Will try to lurk around the ballroom tonight and report here.

BV, is there an IORR meeting place in SG?

Have an amazing time everybody!

Date: March 14, 2014 12:43

Staying at the Pan Pacific and can see the sands from my balcony on the 21st floor. Very hazy today from the Indonesia forest fires and the air smells like smoke. I can smell it in my hotel room with the slider closed. Was going to go to the skywalk today but too hazy so maybe tomorrow afternoon before the show.

Any idea if they will allow cell phones in the venue?

Also interested in meeting you all for a drink before the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 12:46 by oldschool.

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:44

i will be getting to the Arena area with a cooler full of cold ones to sit outside by the screen as i anticipate no tickets available. the entire inside area is quite overpriced in terms of F&B….go to the 7/11 buy a few cans of beer and join me before going in….old school tailgate….

Date: March 14, 2014 12:45

oldschool
Staying at the Pan Pacific and can see the sands from my balcony on the 21st floor. Very hazy today from the Indonesia forest fires and the air smells like smoke. I can smell it in my hotel room with the slider closed. Was going to go to the skywalk today but too hazy so maybe tomorrow afternoon before the show.

Any idea if they will allow cell phones in the venue?

Also interested in meeting you all for a drink before the show.

It would be impossible to ban cell phones in a Singapore venue - every citizen has about 8 of them. grinning smiley

Date: March 14, 2014 12:49

BostonBob
i will be getting to the Arena area with a cooler full of cold ones to sit outside by the screen as i anticipate no tickets available. the entire inside area is quite overpriced in terms of F&B….go to the 7/11 buy a few cans of beer and join me before going in….old school tailgate….

Would be honored to join you BB. Where is the screen going to be setup?

I will be the tall guy wearing my Ronnie Woods "Slide on This" self portrait tee shirt.

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:53

The honor would be mine…I will have cold ice for your beers! It is outside on the waterside facing back into the city…i am hoping to be there by 630-7:00 it would be a five minute walk into the show from there….i am a bit concerned that the haze from the indonesian fires will put a damper on things but to me that just means less people will be out so even easier to meet up...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home