Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...237238239240241242243244245246247...LastNext
Current Page: 242 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: January 8, 2016 19:10

Went to the record store today to get Bowies Blackstar and had a brief look into the German Rolling Stone magazine. "Best albums of 2015" made me curious. And what did I find???

In the reader's poll section Crosseyed Heart made it on no. 1 and Trouble on no. 6, right after Bowie's Blackstar. Wonderful, I always thought we Germans had a not too good taste, happy to be proven wrong spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 19:11 by karimamilena.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 8, 2016 19:14

karimamilena
Went to the record store today to get Bowies Blackstar and had a brief look into the German Rolling Stone magazine. "Best albums of 2015" made me curious. And what did I find???

In the reader's poll section Crosseyed Heart made it on no. 1 and Trouble on no. 6, right after Bowie's Blackstar. Wonderful, I always thought we Germans had a not too good taste, happy to be proven wrong spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 8, 2016 19:27

Maindefender
karimamilena

smiling smileythumbs up

Kudos to the Germans! Helped make the Beatles, too.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: January 8, 2016 23:19

The cassette is really great that was sold from Newbury Comics because it sounds really raw on cassette tape. It has a tinny effect like listening to old timey records. why I do not know. pretty cool though

Date: January 8, 2016 23:35

I'm still waiting for my cassette..

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: January 9, 2016 00:11

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday in a small puffy envelope. I almost recycled it out with the junk mail. I emailed them about it because it was so late. Maybe you ought do that.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 00:12 by tumbled.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2016 19:01

Some people have such a bizarre attitude towards things like why bother buying CDs when you can just download it or why bother buying a cassette album.

Why don't they just @#$%& right @#$%& off? It's astounding how far removed some people, especially millennials with their retro clothing and facial hair obsessions, have become from the enjoyment of having a physical copy of art.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 10, 2016 01:49

tumbled
The cassette is really great that was sold from Newbury Comics because it sounds really raw on cassette tape. It has a tinny effect like listening to old timey records. why I do not know. pretty cool though

Finally got around to playing cassette today while driving my old '97 work/cargo van with original factory installed cassette deck.
My listening experience was different than yours because rather than 'tinny' or 'old timey', what I heard was warm and fat like a big old happy teddy bear.
Almost think it sounded better than the cd, and is closer to my vinyl copy. Could it be my good old cassette player? They don't make 'em like they used to...
Hearing it on cassette was like traveling back in time, and there was even a nice pause after Suspicious at the end of side one before clicking over to side two haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-10 01:53 by Hairball.

Date: January 10, 2016 05:54

nightskyman
Maindefender
karimamilena

smiling smileythumbs up

Kudos to the Germans! Helped make the Beatles, too.

True thing, I am even living in that certain German city where they got big (I suppose as I don't know much about the Beatles apart from the Star Club story).

Date: January 10, 2016 05:55

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:21

I listened to this all the way through for the first time in a month, and I have to say, I am very pleased with it. The is nothing earth shattering about it, but it as an album of the finest quality. Like the song "Start Me Up", the album "Crosseyed Heart" represents the perfection of a well-worn medium and should be celebrated as thus.

The german fans are right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 11:21 by Turner68.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:36

'Alben Des Jahres' - good for him! And 'Trouble' made No.6 in the singles smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 11:37 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:37

IrelandCalling4
'Alben Des Jahres' - best album of the year in a poll>? Is this from a German music magazine; at first I thought it was something official but no way Keith out-sold the other albums on that list.

must be from a poll, i agree.

Date: January 13, 2016 11:48

PS Ammended earlier post, just saw the previous messages, it's from German RollingStone magazine.

'Crosseyed Heart' would be my top pick for last year also, an exceptionally enjoyable album.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 20, 2016 12:41

@Georgelicks

Keith's album has reached 300K worldwide?!?Is it still in any worldwide charts?!?
Thanks for your reply!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 20, 2016 16:04

Turner68
I listened to this all the way through for the first time in a month, and I have to say, I am very pleased with it. The is nothing earth shattering about it, but it as an album of the finest quality. Like the song "Start Me Up", the album "Crosseyed Heart" represents the perfection of a well-worn medium and should be celebrated as thus.

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 20, 2016 16:25

KRiffhard
Turner68

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 20, 2016 17:21

mailexile67
@Georgelicks

Keith's album has reached 300K worldwide?!?Is it still in any worldwide charts?!?
Thanks for your reply!

Its close, maybe 280k right now, it will reach 300k in about two months.
About the world charts, its only charting on Belgium at #190.

It seems that people only wants the Stones hits, just look at this week's US chart with Hot Rocks at #188 selling close to 4,000 last week, all the songs on that one are 45+ years old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 17:28 by georgelicks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 20, 2016 18:13

300k seems relatively impressive, given their were no live gigs to support the PR effort.
I wonder how sales compare to Bill and Ronnie's last solo efforts?
Well done Keith and Jane (and Steve)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2016 18:24

Wondering if there will be any more singles and/or videos as there's still some Life left in Crosseyed Heart, but probably not gonna happen.
Also - still hoping/thinking about some sort of a deluxe edition with demo's, outtakes, extended versions, etc., but probably will have to wait with all the upcoming Stones activity.
Hopefully the new Stones album will provide the same satisfaction that Crosseyed Heart has. Looking forward to what they have in store for the upcoming tour...new backup singer sounds promising!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 00:13

I think that the new Stones album with a good media promotion and a Worldwide Tour of support can sell over one million, maybe one million and a half...Whay do you think Georgelicks?!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2016 07:30

I wouldn't be surprised if CROSSEYED HEART gets a slight bump in sales if the Stones put out a new studio album.

Regardless, CH continues to grow on me and sounds better and better every time I listen to it. It will age incredibly well.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 21, 2016 19:27

Learn about Keith’s inspiration for recording ‘Robbed Blind' on new album, Crosseyed Heart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-21 20:24 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 21, 2016 20:19

If there was any kind of personal story behind "Robbed Blind", you can bet Keith isn't ever going to tell us what it was.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 21, 2016 20:46

Right Keith, thanks for that...off to listen to The Louvin Brothers now.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 22, 2016 00:02

Green Lady
If there was any kind of personal story behind "Robbed Blind", you can bet Keith isn't ever going to tell us what it was.

Am sure Mick would say he was robbed blind by the Stones first Managers.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 22, 2016 00:14

So, this thread is more successful than the album. 395 000 views beats 280 000 copies!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2016 00:19

Yeah but the same 395 IORR members each clicked on this tread a 1000 times ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 22, 2016 00:44

Probably so, Rockman...

Date: January 22, 2016 01:11

280,000 higher than I thought it would be; excellent album, but no gigs to promote it. The promotion was good and the documentary was a fine addition.

For context, I wonder what the numbers for ABB are? I read something like 2 milion a few years ago.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...237238239240241242243244245246247...LastNext
Current Page: 242 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home