Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...236237238239240241242243244245246...LastNext
Current Page: 241 of 257
Re: Love Overdue single December 11?
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 12, 2015 04:31

Naturalust
RipThisBone
Love Overdue (song number 6 on Crosseyed Heart) is great. I have it on CD and vinyl double album.
I think the title of this thread is wrong. A single is a two sided vinyl in a picturesleeve.

I think that format of this song was probably released today. Wonder what will be on the b-side?

Nothing, its just a promo single with the album version.
Some copies are already available on EBay UK.

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 18, 2015 22:46

Ask Keith Richards: Do you still have the first guitar Gus gave you?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 18, 2015 23:06

Cristiano Radtke
Ask Keith Richards: Do you still have the first guitar Gus gave you?

[www.youtube.com]

I wonder of Auntie Margie and Auntie Elsie play guitar? smiling smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 19, 2015 02:41

Wow This thread is no longer a sticky thread but remains on the first page after all this time. Well done Keith and well done you guys

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 19, 2015 19:40

Keith Richards
Crosseyed Heart Exclusive Cassette
$12.99

DESCRIPTION

A Newbury Comics exclusive audio cassette.

We don't need to tell you the importance of the cassette tape when talking about Keith Richards.

Singer, Songwriter and original member of legendary rock band The Rolling Stones, Richards is a rock legend and is among the greatest guitarists of all time. This upcoming album features debut single “Trouble”. A majority of the album has been co-written with co-producer Steve Jordan, also featuring Waddy Wachtel on guitar and Ivan Neville on keys.

Cross Eyed Heart, Richards’ third solo album and his first in nearly twenty-five years. As he lounges on a couch in a control room at Germano Studios, the downtown New York recording space where Cross Eyed Heart took shape, Richards lights up at the memory of how relaxed and enjoyable making the album turned out to be. “I wanted to record, but I didn’t want to put an entire band together and make it into a ‘project,’” Richards explains. “It kicked off in a very low-key way – ‘Let’s just cut some tracks when we’re in town and feel like it.’ There’s nothing like walking into a studio and having absolutely no idea what you’re going to come out with on the other end. There was no deadline – we were working just for the sheer fun of it. Then suddenly I realized it was bigger than I expected.” Cross Eyed Heart demonstrates, Richards’ musical passions and his desire to express them are impossible to contain. “As a musician, you hear music all the time,” he says. “Somehow it all gets spun around in your brain and it has to come out. You can’t stop it. Everything comes from somewhere, and the whole point of music is to relate something back to other people. You never stop learning; there’s just no end to it. There’s always something else beyond, and that’s what you end up looking for.” Happily, Richards’ musical quest will go on, but on Cross Eyed Heart, he has found what he’s looking for -- for now.

DETAILS

Limited edition of: 1000
Label: Universal
Release Date: 12/30/2015
Mono/Stereo: Stereo
Catalog Number: B002411904

[www.newburycomics.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2015 21:33

I love it. The album is out on cassette as well. Vinyl, CD and cassette - the record is available in the classic formats as well as the new format.

Date: December 21, 2015 01:19

I've never bought an album by someone in three different formats all within months of it's release - vinyl, CD and cassette.
I've bought new cd's to replace scratchy vinyl or warped cassettes, and have bought cassettes to replace scratchy vinyl back in the day.
I've even bought vinyl along with cd at the same time before (I did with Crosseyed Heart for example). But throw in a cassette and this is a first!

Are there any artists out there who release cassettes anymore? Or is this just a freaky Keith thing?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 21, 2015 01:24

Hairball
I've never bought an album by someone in three different formats all within months of it's release - vinyl, CD and cassette.
I've bought new cd's to replace scratchy vinyl or warped cassettes, and have bought cassettes to replace scratchy vinyl back in the day.
I've even bought vinyl along with cd at the same time before (I did with Crosseyed Heart for example). But throw in a cassette and this is a first!

Are there any artists out there who release cassettes anymore? Or is this just a freaky Keith thing?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought briefly about buying it, but I wouldn't play it, don't even know if the cassette player still works.

Date: December 21, 2015 01:38

latebloomer
Hairball

I was wondering the same thing. I thought briefly about buying it, but I wouldn't play it, don't even know if the cassette player still works.

I have a couple of gigantic cd/cassette boomboxes (one at home, another at studio), and an original factory installed cassette player in my '97 work van. Was tempted to have a cassette player installed in my 4-Runner, then had second thoughts. Sadly my old dual cassette player that was part of my home stereo system died a couple years ago from old age and being over worked.
I still have hundreds of cassettes (a lot are old personal mix tapes from vinyl collection), and listen to them all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 01:45 by Hairball.

Date: December 21, 2015 01:51

latebloomer
Hairball

Perhaps Keith is one of the only major artists to release a cassette these days, but there's a lot of new bands releasing their work in cassettes. There's even a Cassette Store Day in USA.

Date: December 21, 2015 01:59

Cristiano Radtke
latebloomer
Hairball

Perhaps Keith is one of the only major artists to release a cassette these days, but there's a lot of new bands releasing their work in cassettes. There's even a Cassette Store Day in USA.

Well there you go, Christiano...once again, I am late to the party. cool smiley

Date: December 21, 2015 02:09

latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
latebloomer
Hairball

Now this is something completely new to me: there's some records being re-released on reel tapes: [tapeproject.com]

Date: December 21, 2015 02:26

Cristiano Radtke
latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
latebloomer
Hairball

Now this is something completely new to me: there's some records being re-released on reel tapes: [tapeproject.com]

Reel to reel! How many people still have those machines? Heck, I guess the next thing will be to re-release on Edison's phonograph cylinders.

Date: December 21, 2015 02:29

Thanks Cristiano - I've never heard of Cassette Store Day, perhaps the rumor of the great cassette comeback is coming true!

As for reel tapes, I've never owned one, but this page from your link makes it sound tempting:

Why Tape?

What are the chances of getting Crosseyed Heart in this format?!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 21, 2015 12:24

Cassettes sound lousy, they always did. These days a complete waste of money... would rather burn the money than spend it on tapes.

Date: December 21, 2015 12:41

Reel to reel! How many people still have those machines?

I have three smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 21, 2015 12:49

I have never found a cassetteplayer that didn't sooner or later "eat" the cassette. Then I would have to unwind the tapematerial out of the machine, inevitably wrinkling it, more often than not breaking it, so I would have to repair it with scotch tape... *shiver*, and then you would get used to how at certain points at certain songs you would hear the scotch tape.
Cassettes were a cheap way to hear an album instead of buying it, but that was before internet.

Date: December 21, 2015 12:52

matxil
I have never found a cassetteplayer that didn't sooner or later "eat" the cassette. Then I would have to unwind the tapematerial out of the machine, inevitably wrinkling it, more often than not breaking it, so I would have to repair it with scotch tape... *shiver*, and then you would get used to how at certain points at certain songs you would hear the scotch tape.
Cassettes were a cheap way to hear an album instead of buying it, but that was before internet.

It's the clutch on the cassette player that wears out. It's easy to replace for people who know what they're doing. Study the subject, or find a good repair guy. The latter is the easiest smiling smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 21, 2015 13:42

DandelionPowderman
matxil

It's the clutch on the cassette player that wears out. It's easy to replace for people who know what they're doing. Study the subject, or find a good repair guy. The latter is the easiest smiling smiley

No, the easiest used to be just listening to it on vinyl, and now the easiest is either the CD or YouTube (or vinyl).
Is there any (sound-quality related) reason to prefer cassettes?

Date: December 21, 2015 14:18

matxil
DandelionPowderman
matxil

No, the easiest used to be just listening to it on vinyl, and now the easiest is either the CD or YouTube (or vinyl).
Is there any (sound-quality related) reason to prefer cassettes?

I'm talking about if you have a vintage hi-fi cassette deck that you want to touch up, though smiling smiley

Reel to reel is better, of course, but there is something to that tape sound...

I don't think it's about prefering one format to another - more like a nice supplement. However, sound-wise, I'd take tape sound over cds any day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 14:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 21, 2015 15:01

DandelionPowderman
However, sound-wise, I'd take tape sound over cds any day.

If you´re talking about cassette-tapes you have won the prize for the joke of the centurysmiling smiley

With a good turntable and a good cassete-recorder and a good blank tape you can get copies of your LP´s almost as good as the original. But the pre-recorded tapes from the artist´s label that are for sale in stores sound horrible on every tapedeck. The last tape I bought was MJ´s Wandering Spirit because on release day the store had only got the cassette-version...no CD, no LP. As I expected, the sound was muddy as always with pre-recorded tapes. Some weeks later I bought the CD and the sound was - as I expected - a trillion times better.

Date: December 21, 2015 15:03

HMS
DandelionPowderman

If you´re talking about cassette-tapes you have won the prize for the joke of the centurysmiling smiley

With a good turntable and a good cassete-recorder and a good blank tape you can get copies of your LP´s almost as good as the original. But the pre-recorded tapes from the artist´s label that are for sale in stores sound horrible on every tapedeck. The last tape I bought was MJ´s Wandering Spirit because on release day the store had only got the cassette-version...no CD, no LP. As I expected, the sound was muddy as always with pre-recorded tapes. Some weeks later I bought the CD and the sound was - as I expected - a trillion times better.

This one? winking smiley

You shouldn't have gone for the nice price-copy, perhaps? Mine sounds great smiling smiley

Of course, you'll need a top notch deck and a vintage setup for getting the sound that I prefer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 15:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 21, 2015 15:18

Exactly, that´s the one.
I later dubbed the CD on this muffled sounding original tape and then it was sounding good. Used it in my cars for years.

Ears may be different, but to say a cassette sounds better than a CD is a very exclusive opinion, imo.

Date: December 21, 2015 15:30

HMS
Exactly, that´s the one.
I later dubbed the CD on this muffled sounding original tape and then it was sounding good. Used it in my cars for years.

Ears may be different, but to say a cassette sounds better than a CD is a very exclusive opinion, imo.

Of course it is, and it is also said a bit tongue in cheek. The fact that I'm into a world where I'm restoring lots of different tape recorders might also have something to do with it winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 21, 2015 16:21

HMS
DandelionPowderman

Nah, no need to worry, your prize for your posts about Dirty Work still hold joke of the century ;-)

Date: December 21, 2015 16:29

Be nice, guys, it's Christmas smileys with beer

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 21, 2015 16:54

DandelionPowderman
Be nice, guys, it's Christmas smileys with beer

Would you like us to launch an appeal to the judges to give you the "joke of the century" prize for the cassette remark Dandelion? ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 16:55 by Turner68.

Date: January 4, 2016 16:39

Date: January 5, 2016 17:29

My cassette arrived yesterday - looking forward to giving it a 'spin' today! thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:05

Hairball
My cassette arrived yesterday - looking forward to giving it a 'spin' today! thumbs up

Received mine Saturday. Ears haven't been the same since…..eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...236237238239240241242243244245246...LastNext
Current Page: 241 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home