Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...188189190191192193194195196197198...LastNext
Current Page: 193 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Date: October 9, 2015 16:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 9, 2015 18:39

georgelicks
keefriffhards
georgelicks
Naturalust
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets
yes, 15 really great songs. To me nothing stands out as the one killer track. Its an album that should be listened to as a whole. A real treat in this day and age.

I must say that Suspicious stands out for me. It's so beautiful.

i still love everything but "just a gift" which just doesn't challenge or surprise me.

suspicious is indeed one of the stronger songs.

I came into the most popular record store in Oslo a couple of days ago, and they played Suspicious. That felt good smiling smiley

Suspicious should be the next single. It may surprise a few listeners who assume Keith is a one trick pony.

The next single? You guys make me laugh. The record is released, all the cards are on the table mate, there will be no more "singles" from the album. Do you think they will actually try to market and promote single songs now and that one will now miraculously rise up the singles chart because it is now being discovered through more radio play or something? Every song is available as a single through iTunes, the only "single" releases from the album were the ones done before the record was released, I can imagine any songs from the record achieving anything close to single status, Trouble is as close as you're going to get.

Sad but true, but they can release a second promo single just to get a bit of airplay on Triple A radio, the only format that plays new songs from 50+ years old acts, Trouble reached #20 there.
It won't help the sales, but a bit of airplay is better than nothing.
The only song that could get any airplay on Triple A is Substantial Damage, with a good radio edit or even a funky remix it will get airplay for sure, its the most modern sound on the album.

But as you said, it seems that all the promo for the record is done.

I just wondered what your thoughts are, if Keith were to release Illusion as a single
He sang a duet with Norah ( Love Hurts ) and it got millions of watches and positive comments on you tube. Do you think georgelicks that it could be a game changer for album sales with Norah Jones on the next single ??

Thanks for any response

Norah Jones' time has passed, he's not hot as 10-12 years ago and her last album tanked.
Sadly no much stuff on the album could sound on the radio right now, and almost 99% of the radio market will not play new songs from 70+ years old acts.

My my fans are fickle these days. How can they love Norah's craft a few years ago and then move onto Beyonce or someone. Its as though people like who they are shown to like !!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:31

Who listens to the radio anymore?

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:43

Just struck me the great lyrics, heartfelt one minute laugh out loud the next

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 9, 2015 20:58

Tim2
I bought this great album on vinyl, because I love vinyl. But why the hell do they keep up pressing on stupid 180g+ weigth? This does not sound better, this is not more solid, this is just an economic waste (freit, vinyl...) and this only can cause seam splits in transit.
Moreover, the quality of this vinyl is crappy: mint does not seem to exist anymore. Once put out of its sleeve (no antistatic sleeve), it's got slight scuffs and shades already, no wonder I can hear pops here and there on the first listening as if it was the 10th...

Yes as you probably know, it's kind of a farce to assume 180 is sonically better. Unless it was made with virgin vinyl with no recycled plastics I'm pretty sure the only real benefits are that it's less likely to warp and it feels heavier in the hand... kind of implying to got more for your money. I'm a bit surprised you got a scuffed record with pops right out of the sleeve though.

Date: October 9, 2015 21:16

Naturalust
Tim2
I bought this great album on vinyl, because I love vinyl. But why the hell do they keep up pressing on stupid 180g+ weigth? This does not sound better, this is not more solid, this is just an economic waste (freit, vinyl...) and this only can cause seam splits in transit.
Moreover, the quality of this vinyl is crappy: mint does not seem to exist anymore. Once put out of its sleeve (no antistatic sleeve), it's got slight scuffs and shades already, no wonder I can hear pops here and there on the first listening as if it was the 10th...

Yes as you probably know, it's kind of a farce to assume 180 is sonically better. Unless it was made with virgin vinyl with no recycled plastics I'm pretty sure the only real benefits are that it's less likely to warp and it feels heavier in the hand... kind of implying to got more for your money. I'm a bit surprised you got a scuffed record with pops right out of the sleeve though.

Those cracks and pops are are part of the charm of vinyl, i love that lived in sound that comes from old records
Just got my old 45's out yesterday, Spider to the Fly, Get off Of My Cloud, boy i love that old worn out sound

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:26

Date: October 9, 2015 21:45

Thanks Cristiano but i found it disappointing, nothing much about the new album

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 9, 2015 21:51

keefriffhards
Naturalust
Tim2

Those cracks and pops are are part of the charm of vinyl, i love that lived in sound that comes from old records
Just got my old 45's out yesterday, Spider to the Fly, Get off Of My Cloud, boy i love that old worn out sound

Any LP I ever bought had same pops and cracks even when played for the first time. A few can be tolerated, its part of the game.

Date: October 9, 2015 21:57

HMS
keefriffhards
Naturalust
Tim2

Any LP I ever bought had same pops and cracks even when played for the first time. A few can be tolerated, its part of the game.

I once got paralytic pissed and fell asleep with my stereo on really loud, the needle got stuck on 'the hand of fate' all night, over and over, the hand of fate, in the morning my land lord asked me to leave lol No amount of banging on my door could wake me, so i kept the whole block of 6 flats up all night.
Bummer sad smiley

Date: October 9, 2015 22:04

keefriffhards
HMS
keefriffhards
Naturalust
Tim2

I once got paralytic pissed and fell asleep with my stereo on really loud, the needle got stuck on 'the hand of fate' all night, over and over, the hand of fate, in the morning my land lord asked me to leave lol No amount of banging on my door could wake me, so i kept the whole block of 6 flats up all night.
Bummer sad smiley

They should have know it was a one-horse town....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 9, 2015 23:41

Hello friend, poster of fresh incredible pictures. I could be wrong, but the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine with Keith Richards was just released today (Oct. 7) and it's a 19 page spread! NOT all posted here.
I know this, because after driving around this Podunk town I live in with no hard copies whatsoever, I ended up buying this October 7, 2015 single issue of RS magazine for $4.99 on my iPad.
Have not indulged in it yet (but took page count for you) waiting for peace and alone time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 23:42 by 35love.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 9, 2015 23:41

Has anyone else noticed the heavy breathing on the first two tracks. its like a crank phone call haha!! now I'm worried about the breathing. this guy will worry you half to death.

Date: October 9, 2015 23:52

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 10, 2015 00:02

35love

Hello friend, poster of fresh incredible pictures. I could be wrong, but the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine with Keith Richards was just released today (Oct. 7) and it's a 19 page spread! NOT all posted here.
I know this, because after driving around this Podunk town I live in with no hard copies whatsoever, I ended up buying this October 7, 2015 single issue of RS magazine for $4.99 on my iPad.
Have not indulged in it yet (but took page count for you) waiting for peace and alone time.

I'm not casting any doubt here, but are you sure the entire interview takes up 19 pages? Perhaps I'm missed something, then. Anyway, thanks for your input. thumbs up

Date: October 10, 2015 00:50

I am quite sure Rolling Stone magazine needs to make money, which is why you must pay to see all of the current KR information/interview/ pics in RS Oct. 7 magazine. In a glance, it is a lot more than the exerpts posted. Is it worth the price with all the free interviews of Keith as of late? For me yes. I'm a cheap date. Cheers to the weekend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 00:52 by 35love.

Date: October 10, 2015 01:00

35love
I am quite sure Rolling Stone magazine needs to make money, which is why you must pay to see all of the current KR information/interview/ pics in RS Oct. 7 magazine. In a glance, it is a lot more than the exerpts posted. Is it worth the price with all the free interviews of Keith as of late? For me yes. I'm a cheap date. Cheers to the weekend.

OK, thanks for the info. smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 10, 2015 01:30

Cristiano Radtke
35love

It'll turn up here soon enough. smiling smiley

Date: October 10, 2015 02:22

latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
35love

It'll turn up here soon enough. smiling smiley

*and I'm not holding out, I am naive on these issues (scanning, posting pics here, etc. I prefer to stay that way-no clue sue) Probably can't take a look at it myself until tomorrow.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 10, 2015 02:44

DandelionPowderman
The mic captured him breathing through his nose on the title track. Classic! thumbs up

Sounds like a quick snore a few seconds into Just a Gift. lol seriously.

And an exhale at very beginning? Don't have album currently playing so not sure about that one...

Date: October 10, 2015 02:56

Just breezed thru the RS magazine article, yes, information is the same basically, but with any 'new' Keith piece, there are always nuggets, few more details previously unknown, obviously his humor, etc. Waddy and his biographer Mr. Fox weigh in with some stories- here is my roundup: Keith is doing good. It is reported he is pretty darn happy, content, laughing, notched it down and taking better care of himself (to me, and the others reporting).
Oh and yes, he talks about Crosseyed Heart and some of the tunes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 02:57 by 35love.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 10, 2015 02:56

Green Lady
I think the main promotion is done, and nothing now is going to generate chart-busting sales. But Illusion would make a nice single (or at any rate a decent YouTube video of it would be attractive). But if the people saying that the record company will have lost money on this album are right, nobody is likely to provide any budget for further promo.

It´s over, #45 this week on the Billboard 200. Some dads will get this record for Christmas, and that´s it. Hopefully Keith didn´t ¨cross-collateralize¨ otherwise Universal will take money out of his Stones royalties to pay off their expenses for Crosseyed Heart.

No one cares or even knows about singles anymore ...

... unless - and Keith would rather choke on his shepherd´s pie than sign off on this - but the best hope to resurrect the album from the dead would be to hand it off to other artists to mine for nuggets of gold. Maybe a dance remix by Junkie XL, the chap who did those cool (and lucrative) Elvis redos a few years ago? Or Eminem doing a Dido-style sample? Remember how cool it was when Primitive Radio Gods sampled BB King? Or when Pet Shop Boys dug up Dusty Springfield? Mark Ronson could also work wonders and get the kids excited.

Charlie almost went down this route with the funky album he and Jim Keltner did, the only truly imaginative solo Stone album.

Licensing a song to a commercial would have been nice, like Dylan and Victoria´s Secret, but it should have preceded the album´s release.

All the above is just me musing, pointlessly, and I am sure some people are gasping at such heretic thoughts. But artists need to open their minds to new promo, marketing, creative ideas, and Keith hasn´t done that in decades.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 10, 2015 03:02

DeanGoodman
Remember how cool it was when Primitive Radio Gods sampled BB King? Or when Pet Shop Boys dug up Dusty Springfield?

Say what? confused smiley

Just kidding around DeanGoodman, but I've never heard of Primitive Radio Gods - perhaps I'll look them up.
As for Pet Shop Boys, haven't heard much from them since c.'85.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 10, 2015 03:08

Hairball

Just kidding around DeanGoodman, but I've never heard of Primitive Radio Gods - perhaps I'll look them up.

Listening to that song on youtube - Ahhh, nostalgia, the innocent days of 1996!

Hairball
As for Pet Shop Boys, haven't heard much from them since c.'85.

Well, me too. But people - maybe even some here - say that about the Stones!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 10, 2015 03:56

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68
the "rolling stone" interview with keith was posted.

it hardly touches on "crosseyed heart". kind of a bummer.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Yes thanks Turner! That was an interesting read.

Zeppelin was manufactured by Peter Grant? Ha! Pretty sure Page, Jones and Plant would disagree with that one (so do I).

Roger Daltry was all flash? I guess Keith never listened to Who's Next very much.

Like Jimmy Page you get the distinct impression that Keith is his biggest fan. lol

Unfortunately I haven't read the interview yet; however, not sure what Keith is baseing this Daltry comment on - "all flash" just doesn't fit the description of
Roger. I suspect writers must bate Kieth in order to get some of these comments
from him. Similar to the Sgt. Pepper is rubbish comment. His opinions seem to be very black or white without much wiggle room in between.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 10, 2015 04:51

swimtothemoon
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Zeppelin was manufactured by Peter Grant? Ha! Pretty sure Page, Jones and Plant would disagree with that one (so do I).

Roger Daltry was all flash? I guess Keith never listened to Who's Next very much.

Like Jimmy Page you get the distinct impression that Keith is his biggest fan. lol

Unfortunately I haven't read the interview yet; however, not sure what Keith is baseing this Daltry comment on - "all flash" just doesn't fit the description of
from him. Similar to the Sgt. Pepper is rubbish comment. His opinions seem to be very black or white without much wiggle room in between.

You might be right about the baiting, anything to get something more that the usual well worn stories and his opinions on other artists seem to be the questions of the day to produce some controversy. At some level though I believe Keith is pretty black and white and opinionated, goes with the territory of being his age.

Date: October 10, 2015 06:19

swimtothemoon
Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

they're definitely baiting him. for example this interviewer says " i never really liked led zeppelin"... begging keith to say something negative.

having said that, keith is a grown up, he knows exactly how the game is played.

Date: October 10, 2015 09:03

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 10, 2015 11:25

DandelionPowderman
Hairball
DandelionPowderman
The mic captured him breathing through his nose on the title track. Classic! thumbs up

Sounds like a quick snore a few seconds into Just a Gift. lol seriously.

And an exhale at very beginning? Don't have album currently playing so not sure about that one...

Indeed! But I think the "duh" in the beginning of JAG is deliberate, like "ok, roll" on Robbed Blind.

The exhale sounds to me like it might have been accompanied by a cloud of cigarette smoke. Much of Crosseyed Heart is very close-miked and you can hear every breath - which gives a lovely intimate feel to the ballads.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2015 11:54

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
Indeed! But I think the "duh" in the beginning of JAG is deliberate, like "ok, roll" on Robbed Blind.

The exhale sounds to me like it might have been accompanied by a cloud of cigarette smoke.
Much of Crosseyed Heart is very close-miked and you can hear every breath - which gives a lovely intimate feel to the ballads.

"Duh" would be pretty radical! eye popping smiley A sigh is how I've heard it; I like Green Lady's cloud of smoke too.
The intimacy is wonderful, as is the warmth and the sound of the guitars.
On Illusion the intimacy is so close and humid I feel like I shouldn't be hearing the singers' feelings

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...188189190191192193194195196197198...LastNext
Current Page: 193 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home