Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...187188189190191192193194195196197...LastNext
Current Page: 192 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Date: October 8, 2015 22:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:01

Truth be told, if I could choose between Keith touring this and next year with the winos to promote Crosseyed Heart, or the Stones making another album and touring on that, I am inclined to choose the first. It's a terrible thing to say, and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I find the chances that the Stones will do something better than Crosseyed Heart are very small.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:08

DandelionPowderman
Still sounds beautifully to my ears. Blues In The Morning has really grown on me. So many details in there, and what a guitar sound! As dirty as it gets. Keith should claim copyright on that sound thumbs up

Fender Telecaster credit you mean. Keith has payed tribute to this type of guitar thru his playing since he first picked one up.
It was my favourite whammer in my guitarplaying days also.
I mean Keith's got IT on every guitar. That's the difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 00:11 by RipThisBone.

Date: October 9, 2015 00:37

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:39

DandelionPowderman
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
Still sounds beautifully to my ears. Blues In The Morning has really grown on me. So many details in there, and what a guitar sound! As dirty as it gets. Keith should claim copyright on that sound thumbs up

Fender Telecaster credit you mean. Keith has payed tribute to this type of guitar thru his playing since he first picked one up.
It was my favourite whammer in my guitarplaying days also.
I mean Keith's got IT on every guitar. That's the difference.

I was thinking about the rhythm guitars. Pierre said in Under The Influence that he picked out an old Gibson (?) Keith hadn't played before. He used it on this track. The sound he got is nothing but amazing thumbs up

right. it was the exact guitar that jimmy reed used to play ( i think that's what pierre said) and had sat around without strings for years and years before pierre got it into shape and handed it to keith.

Date: October 9, 2015 00:40

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2015 00:48

Blues in the Morning is a tour de force with ripping guitar throughout, and the lyrics tell a great story.
From "I'm long gone honey, you ain't gonna be my bride" at the beginning, then a bit of nastiness in the middle,
followed by "Come back babe and see if we can get along" towards the end.
It's a great love song. smiling smiley

Date: October 9, 2015 00:49

Date: October 9, 2015 01:06

the "rolling stone" interview with keith was posted.

it hardly touches on "crosseyed heart". kind of a bummer.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2015 02:47

Turner68

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Date: October 9, 2015 02:53

Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Yes thanks Turner, nice interview! thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 9, 2015 03:03

Cristiano Radtke
Turner68

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thank you! thumbs up

Yes thanks Turner! That was an interesting read.

Zeppelin was manufactured by Peter Grant? Ha! Pretty sure Page, Jones and Plant would disagree with that one (so do I).

Roger Daltry was all flash? I guess Keith never listened to Who's Next very much.

Like Jimmy Page you get the distinct impression that Keith is his biggest fan. lol

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 9, 2015 03:28

You probably realize this (tho maybe not, that's why I am posting)
that is just part of the RS interview.
Now me finding a fresh copy of RS magazine tomorrow morning hot off the press in this hick town (tho I love it nonetheless) is another thing...:-/

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 9, 2015 03:48

Great album, blows me away how good this is. Holy Hannah! Gots to give it another spin yet again...... The MEZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 03:50 by The Mez.

Date: October 9, 2015 04:25

35love
You probably realize this (tho maybe not, that's why I am posting)
that is just part of the RS interview.
Now me finding a fresh copy of RS magazine tomorrow morning hot off the press in this hick town (tho I love it nonetheless) is another thing...:-/

Thanks! I didn't realize that and look forward to reading the whole interview
I liked the analogy of recording to painting on a blank canvas, even though it sounds a bit cliche these days.

And good to see him still willing to express his sometimes controversial opinions by trashing Zep & The Who which are sure to ruffle a few feathers, and possibly go viral like the Beatles,Black Sabbath, Rap comments recently did. He does justify his opinions on Zep and The Who by saying "I just was never really interested in that many English rock & roll bands actually, at all", but then trashes Yes and Journey (American) in the next sentence lol. I do find it unusual that he really like Ed Sheeran, but again he gave his reason for that. Also speaking positively of Ray Charles, Amy Whinehouse, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, Mozart, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Philly Joe Jones, and Paul McCartney shows that he's not all about himself like certain other musicians.

Hope to read more good stuff with good old Keith telling it like he thinks it is!
As I mentioned back when he was trashing The Beatles, Sabbath, et al. Keith has become like the Don Rickles "Mr. Warmth" of Rock and Roll.

Robert Plant's voice never really appealed to me.
Keith: No, I think he's doing better stuff now — he did that that thing with what's her name?

Alison Krauss, yeah.
Keith: I heard that and thought, "Finally, he's getting his chops!"

smiling smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2015 10:21

Turner68
right. it was the exact guitar that jimmy reed used to play ( i think that's what Pierre said)
and had sat around without strings for years and years before Pierre got it into shape and handed it to Keith.

Actually the "reminds me of Jimmy Reed" guitar was another one in the catalog - a National.
Did anyone recognize what make the beat-up one that had been lying around without strings was?

You're right - I rewatched it twice and realized I'd misheard Pierre the first four times :E
The National in the catalog is the beat-up one. "Pulled it out and put strings on it."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 11:46 by with sssoul.

Date: October 9, 2015 11:49

with sssoul
Turner68
right. it was the exact guitar that jimmy reed used to play ( i think that's what Pierre said)
and had sat around without strings for years and years before Pierre got it into shape and handed it to Keith.

Actually the "reminds me of Jimmy Reed" guitar was another one in the catalog - a National.
Did anyone recognize what make the beat-up one that had been lying around without strings was?

nope, "reminds me of jimmy reed" and "beat up without strings" are the same guitar. .. but you're right it was a national.

Date: October 9, 2015 12:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 9, 2015 12:19

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 9, 2015 12:48

georgelicks
Naturalust
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets
yes, 15 really great songs. To me nothing stands out as the one killer track. Its an album that should be listened to as a whole. A real treat in this day and age.

I must say that Suspicious stands out for me. It's so beautiful.

i still love everything but "just a gift" which just doesn't challenge or surprise me.

suspicious is indeed one of the stronger songs.

I came into the most popular record store in Oslo a couple of days ago, and they played Suspicious. That felt good smiling smiley

Suspicious should be the next single. It may surprise a few listeners who assume Keith is a one trick pony.

The next single? You guys make me laugh. The record is released, all the cards are on the table mate, there will be no more "singles" from the album. Do you think they will actually try to market and promote single songs now and that one will now miraculously rise up the singles chart because it is now being discovered through more radio play or something? Every song is available as a single through iTunes, the only "single" releases from the album were the ones done before the record was released, I can imagine any songs from the record achieving anything close to single status, Trouble is as close as you're going to get.

Sad but true, but they can release a second promo single just to get a bit of airplay on Triple A radio, the only format that plays new songs from 50+ years old acts, Trouble reached #20 there.
It won't help the sales, but a bit of airplay is better than nothing.
The only song that could get any airplay on Triple A is Substantial Damage, with a good radio edit or even a funky remix it will get airplay for sure, its the most modern sound on the album.

But as you said, it seems that all the promo for the record is done.

I just wondered what your thoughts are, if Keith were to release Illusion as a single
He sang a duet with Norah ( Love Hurts ) and it got millions of watches and positive comments on you tube. Do you think georgelicks that it could be a game changer for album sales with Norah Jones on the next single ??

Thanks for any response

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 12:49 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2015 13:03

I think the main promotion is done, and nothing now is going to generate chart-busting sales. But Illusion would make a nice single (or at any rate a decent YouTube video of it would be attractive). But if the people saying that the record company will have lost money on this album are right, nobody is likely to provide any budget for further promo.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 9, 2015 13:53

DandelionPowderman
Here it is:

in which track keith played it?

Date: October 9, 2015 14:06

Date: October 9, 2015 14:15

DandelionPowderman
Here it is:

Maybe we can continue this discussion in the "Keith's customs & oddballs" thread?
[www.iorr.org]
I'm really interested, but it's not necessarily what everyone comes to the CrossEyed Heart thread for.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 9, 2015 14:20

Green Lady
I think the main promotion is done, and nothing now is going to generate chart-busting sales. But Illusion would make a nice single (or at any rate a decent YouTube video of it would be attractive). But if the people saying that the record company will have lost money on this album are right, nobody is likely to provide any budget for further promo.

I'm shocked and surprised that a top 5 to 10 album around the world has lost the record company money
Regardless of profit or no profit Keith must have done this for creative reasons anyway, i'm sure he can cough up enough money for a video with Norah

Date: October 9, 2015 15:26

Nothing to look at here! :E

I love Keith Richards and I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 15:37 by with sssoul.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 9, 2015 15:38

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 15:42 by z.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 9, 2015 15:42

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-09 15:42 by LeonidP.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 9, 2015 16:21

keefriffhards
georgelicks
Naturalust
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets
yes, 15 really great songs. To me nothing stands out as the one killer track. Its an album that should be listened to as a whole. A real treat in this day and age.

I must say that Suspicious stands out for me. It's so beautiful.

i still love everything but "just a gift" which just doesn't challenge or surprise me.

suspicious is indeed one of the stronger songs.

I came into the most popular record store in Oslo a couple of days ago, and they played Suspicious. That felt good smiling smiley

Suspicious should be the next single. It may surprise a few listeners who assume Keith is a one trick pony.

The next single? You guys make me laugh. The record is released, all the cards are on the table mate, there will be no more "singles" from the album. Do you think they will actually try to market and promote single songs now and that one will now miraculously rise up the singles chart because it is now being discovered through more radio play or something? Every song is available as a single through iTunes, the only "single" releases from the album were the ones done before the record was released, I can imagine any songs from the record achieving anything close to single status, Trouble is as close as you're going to get.

Sad but true, but they can release a second promo single just to get a bit of airplay on Triple A radio, the only format that plays new songs from 50+ years old acts, Trouble reached #20 there.
It won't help the sales, but a bit of airplay is better than nothing.
The only song that could get any airplay on Triple A is Substantial Damage, with a good radio edit or even a funky remix it will get airplay for sure, its the most modern sound on the album.

But as you said, it seems that all the promo for the record is done.

I just wondered what your thoughts are, if Keith were to release Illusion as a single
He sang a duet with Norah ( Love Hurts ) and it got millions of watches and positive comments on you tube. Do you think georgelicks that it could be a game changer for album sales with Norah Jones on the next single ??

Thanks for any response

Norah Jones' time has passed, he's not hot as 10-12 years ago and her last album tanked.
Sadly no much stuff on the album could sound on the radio right now, and almost 99% of the radio market will not play new songs from 70+ years old acts.

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: October 9, 2015 16:48

I bought this great album on vinyl, because I love vinyl. But why the hell do they keep up pressing on stupid 180g+ weigth? This does not sound better, this is not more solid, this is just an economic waste (freit, vinyl...) and this only can cause seam splits in transit.
Moreover, the quality of this vinyl is crappy: mint does not seem to exist anymore. Once put out of its sleeve (no antistatic sleeve), it's got slight scuffs and shades already, no wonder I can hear pops here and there on the first listening as if it was the 10th...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...187188189190191192193194195196197...LastNext
Current Page: 192 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home