Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...186187188189190191192193194195196...LastNext
Current Page: 191 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: October 8, 2015 01:47

Fantastic album in my opinion. I like all tracks. Ive had about ten full listens thus far. so pleased and a little surprised at the overall quality really. Great job Keith! MEZ

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 8, 2015 04:56

yes, 15 really great songs. To me nothing stands out as the one killer track. Its an album that should be listened to as a whole. A real treat in this day and age.

Date: October 8, 2015 06:05

Nothing on me - da da - they ain´t got nothin´on me - da da

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-08 07:11 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2015 09:23

Bashlets
yes, 15 really great songs. To me nothing stands out as the one killer track. Its an album that should be listened to as a whole. A real treat in this day and age.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Agreed. Play it in my car, going to work and back again. A killer ride with Keith by my side/

Jeroen

Date: October 8, 2015 10:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 8, 2015 11:22

DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

I must say that Suspicious stands out for me. It's so beautiful.

i still love everything but "just a gift" which just doesn't challenge or surprise me.

suspicious is indeed one of the stronger songs.

Date: October 8, 2015 11:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 15:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 8, 2015 11:50

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

i still love everything but "just a gift" which just doesn't challenge or surprise me.

I came into the most popular record store in Oslo a couple of days ago, and they played Suspicious. That felt good smiling smiley

Suspicious should be the next single. It may surprise a few listeners who assume Keith is a one trick pony.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 8, 2015 12:06

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

I came into the most popular record store in Oslo a couple of days ago, and they played Suspicious. That felt good smiling smiley

Suspicious should be the next single. It may surprise a few listeners who assume Keith is a one trick pony.

Either Suspicious or Illusion. I woke up this morning with Illusion in my head. It almost made me go to work with a smile on my face.

Date: October 8, 2015 12:17

matxil
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

Either Suspicious or Illusion. I woke up this morning with Illusion in my head. It almost made me go to work with a smile on my face.

Is that Keith's guitar solo in a Suspicious?

Date: October 8, 2015 12:28

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

awesome!

Date: October 8, 2015 12:53

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 8, 2015 14:13

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
matxil
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

Yep. Sounds almost Harrison-esque. Keef-style, of course smiling smiley

thumbs up
Very very nice solo.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 8, 2015 15:53

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

The next single? You guys make me laugh. The record is released, all the cards are on the table mate, there will be no more "singles" from the album. Do you think they will actually try to market and promote single songs now and that one will now miraculously rise up the singles chart because it is now being discovered through more radio play or something? Every song is available as a single through iTunes, the only "single" releases from the album were the ones done before the record was released, I can imagine any songs from the record achieving anything close to single status, Trouble is as close as you're going to get.

Date: October 8, 2015 15:59

Love Overdue could be another single. Look how popular Red Red Wine became

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 8, 2015 16:17

Naturalust
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

The next single? You guys make me laugh. The record is released, all the cards are on the table mate, there will be no more "singles" from the album. Do you think they will actually try to market and promote single songs now and that one will now miraculously rise up the singles chart because it is now being discovered through more radio play or something? Every song is available as a single through iTunes, the only "single" releases from the album were the ones done before the record was released, I can imagine any songs from the record achieving anything close to single status, Trouble is as close as you're going to get.

Sad but true, but they can release a second promo single just to get a bit of airplay on Triple A radio, the only format that plays new songs from 50+ years old acts, Trouble reached #20 there.
It won't help the sales, but a bit of airplay is better than nothing.
The only song that could get any airplay on Triple A is Substantial Damage, with a good radio edit or even a funky remix it will get airplay for sure, its the most modern sound on the album.

But as you said, it seems that all the promo for the record is done.

Date: October 8, 2015 16:31

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2015 17:43

pepganzo
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender
matxil
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

Yep. Sounds almost Harrison-esque. Keef-style, of course smiling smiley

thumbs up
Very very nice solo.

Yes Suspiscious is a winner in every way.

Other possible singles:

Illusion - Will do great on the R&B and or adult coontemprary charts, and as suggested earlier in the thread the possibility of it being played at the Grammy's - just Keith and Norah at a piano.

Robbed Blind - Would give a reality check to the country charts, wiping away a majority of the phony 'country' that's on their now.

Amnesia - Classic rock stations would eat it up.

Keith is of the old school, and releasing singles is part of the tradition and masterplan.
Little reminders of a new album out, and with Christmas not too far off, there's bound to be a few more reminders one way or another.
Currently on the cover of Rolling Stone, Keith and this album aren't going away anytime soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-08 17:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 8, 2015 17:52

Georgelicks, can he sells half a million in the next two months!?!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 8, 2015 18:19

mailexile67

I'm waiting for this site updates:
[www.musicharts.net]

Date: October 8, 2015 18:22

mailexile67

What? Half a million?
It won't happen, even with a second single or video.
I'll be amazed if it reaches 300k worldwide, about 200-250k is the best he can get now.

Date: October 8, 2015 18:25

42k according to Mediatraffic, around 135k on 2 weeks.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 8, 2015 18:28

georgelicks
42k according to Mediatraffic, around 135k on 2 weeks.

According to Musicharts 135k on 1 week.

Date: October 8, 2015 18:33

Looks like some great Q&A in this issue. Two deal with which Stones albums he pulls out to listen and Keith mentions BB thru Exile but he also listens to Bridges. Next question was directly to A Bigger Bang sand he indicated it could have flowed better. Interesting. I'm glad he still has fondness for BTB because I still do. If done right the next Stones album could be good. In addition, looks like some real nice photos with the interview!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-08 18:34 by Maindefender.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 8, 2015 19:03

HMS
GasLightStreet
HMS
Maybe Keith felt that there has to be a long respectful break between the classic Goodnight Irene and the rather rude sounding Substantial Damage?

This would be further proof of Keith´ genius.

And yet you like DIRTY WORK. This does not compute.

It does! I like Substantial Damage.
But Goodnight Irene is gentle, SD is wild, a long break makes sense, Keith - true genius that he is - knows that.

Keefriffhard I do believe indeed that two or three tracks are faded out too soon, I always feel like there is something missing, you are absolutely right.

Ah. I get it. You mean the rudeness as a compliment. That context had me scratching my head. Obviously.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 8, 2015 19:08

Singles? really?

It would be better if they made a cool running album with 15 songs on it and release that.... oh, wait.

One More Shot though or whatever else there is of un-realesed material - heck yeah, go ahead. gimme singles.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 8, 2015 19:31

I can see the doubt of why there'd be another single - with the exception being the Lee 'Scratch' Perry mix of Love Overdue. The fact that a video was done for Trouble is slightly amusing.

The LP had fantastic pre-release hype. Although it seems that Keith paid to record this record with his own money the label, which is under UMG, may have spent more money on ads and posters than what the record cost to record and mix!

Although reels of 2 inch tape these days... about $350 or so PER REEL.

Date: October 8, 2015 20:25

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Bashlets

No, I don't think they will try that.

However, it wouldn't be the first time a great song from an album which was released some time ago would break through - even in the digital age.

yes. but it seems it would take being included in a hit movie or tv show or something. the songs are great, they just need exposure.

Date: October 8, 2015 20:50

Keith posts about a fan who got a signed CD.

[www.keithrichards.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 8, 2015 21:13

I don't keep commenting about the album because there are first impressions ( which can be wrong ) and there are lasting impressions.
A funny thing happened to me today, the album just came alive, i felt like i had come home. This album is taking me home, it is enlightening
This album is really something else, the fact that everyone on iorr has a passion for a certain song to be the next single ( i think it should be Illusion because the album will get more attention with Norah Jones ) shows how consistent it is throughout
Oh man i just wanted to say this album is beyond words for me

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...186187188189190191192193194195196...LastNext
Current Page: 191 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home