Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 257
Re: Substantial Damage
Date: August 30, 2015 12:24

with sssoul
OK out on a limb here: When I heard Bobby Keys is on two tracks and this is one of them,
I expected to hear more of him ... and one of the slide guitar lines sounds like Keith wanted Bobby playing that part too.
Does anyone hear what I mean, before I delete all this and pretend I never said it?

It might not be Bobby on this one. There is a sax, but not him, apparently...

Bobby has a lovely solo on Blues In The Morning - or he takes over Keith's solo and finishes it smiling smiley

Re: Track Talk: Substantial Damage
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 30, 2015 12:26

Well all right - thanks Dande dear!
But do you hear what I mean about one of the guitar lines sounding saxy for a while,
or should I delete that bit? :E

Date: August 30, 2015 13:06

with sssoul
Well all right - thanks Dande dear!
But do you hear what I mean about one of the guitar lines sounding saxy for a while,
or should I delete that bit? :E

Haven't really thought of it, but it might very well be true.

Will check, but not before Sep 18. I'm on Keith sabbatical till then smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 30, 2015 13:27

The more i have listened to the 3 tracks available so far, the more i like em
Can someone who has already heard all the album say if the remaining songs on the album are better, about the same, or not quite as good.
Also does anyone have a clue if `One More Shot is going to turn up at all
I really want to hear keith's version
Any info would be greatly appreciated smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 14:10

Stoneage
Yes, it's alright. But you hear so little new Stones material these days that you tend to lower the bar. Many Keith songs has great riffs and groove but tends to lack serious songwriting.
They sound like they have been recorded during jams in the studio. Few of these songs will hit the charts, I'm afraid. They are too sketchy and lack composition.

Yep. This is exactly what they sound like to me as well. Sort of jams. They doodle in the studio and pick out the best. No serious SONG WRITING going on. For me THAT'S the pity. I wish JAGGER AND RICHARD would get together, WRITE, take the songs to the studio and get the band, The Stones, to work on them. Stop just goofing off and noodling around. WRITE some songs, including some lyrics. Please guys. TIME AIN'T ON YOUR SIDE ANYMORE. NOT, MINE!

Rod

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 30, 2015 14:14

keefriffhards
Can someone who has already heard all the album say if the remaining songs on the album are better, about the same, or not quite as good.

I was waiting for One More Shot too

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2015 14:15

Rockman
Oh and looking back Steve produced Plastic Fang 2002

WóW. That was some cool stuff.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 30, 2015 14:22

I think there is something of Ry Cooder here
I'm thinking about 'Muy Fifi' and 'Its Just Work for Me'from Chavez Ravine and about 'Don't Bug Me When I'm working' from Little Village's first and only album.

[www.youtube.com]

Anyway, a grat tune.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 30, 2015 14:44

It sounds great. great riffs and grooves. Sounds like real music to me, and it's the sort of stuff with real feeling that the Stones should be doing rather than Mick's attempts to be current a la Taylor Swift/Katy Perry

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 30, 2015 15:14

A little bit of melody and structure would do no harm. SD sounds more like an unfinished basic track, Mick would rather fall down dead than let Keith put a thing like SD on any Stones-record. It should be reworked, rewritten and re-recorded, maybe then it becomes a song. At least there is a slim chance.grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 30, 2015 15:25

Stoneage
Yes, it's alright. But you hear so little new Stones material these days that you tend to lower the bar. Many Keith songs has great riffs and groove but tends to lack serious songwriting.
They sound like they have been recorded during jams in the studio. Few of these songs will hit the charts, I'm afraid. They are too sketchy and lack composition.

Fortunately Keith is not interested in the charts and is happy to make music, not hit songs. At least it's not crap like SHE'S THE BOSS. It's Keith. It doesn't have to be good - it already is. It just is.

Date: August 30, 2015 15:26

HMS
A little bit of melody and structure would do no harm. SD sounds more like an unfinished basic track, Mick would rather fall down dead than let Keith put a thing like SD on any Stones-record. It should be reworked, rewritten and re-recorded, maybe then it becomes a song. At least there is a slim chance.grinning smiley

...a finished song like 'Look what the cat..", 'Sweet Neo Con' or 'Suck on the jugular'?! Nah...better unfinished like SD!!

Date: August 30, 2015 15:27

HMS

You'll get surprisingly much of that. Be patient smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 30, 2015 15:29

Nice song. But, please change thread title, for reasons noted above, thank you!

Date: August 30, 2015 17:00

GasLightStreet
Stoneage

Fortunately Keith is not interested in the charts and is happy to make music, not hit songs. At least it's not crap like SHE'S THE BOSS. It's Keith. It doesn't have to be good - it already is. It just is.

I add Primitive Cool and Goddess!

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: August 30, 2015 17:07

HMS

I agree HMS - although I think the overall sound and the groove are great so I don't know if re-recording would help any. But it needs something to elevate it from what sounds like a studio jam with some backing vocals overdubbed. At least a decent bridge. It Means a Lot from TIC certainly benefitted from that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 30, 2015 17:42

SomeTorontoGirl
Nice song. But, please change thread title, for reasons noted above, thank you!

Yes, please and thank you. smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2015 17:45

KRiffhard
keefriffhards

I was waiting for One More Shot too

Me Toohot smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 30, 2015 18:00

Keith´s version of One More Shot will probably never appear on any official release. It´s a Stones-song now.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: August 30, 2015 18:19

Anyone else hear heavy similarities between the Riff in this song and cant you hear me knocking?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 30, 2015 18:29

The riff is almost identical to the "call & response" in the middle of If You Can't Rock Me

Date: August 30, 2015 20:45

HMS
Keith´s version of One More Shot will probably never appear on any official release. It´s a Stones-song now.

Why did none of us think of that confused smiley

Right you are HMS thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2015 20:50

HMS

Yeah, but i wanna hear the keith outtake, him singing it. !!!Come on keef.

jeroen

Date: August 30, 2015 21:55

john lomax
It sounds great. great riffs and grooves. Sounds like real music to me, and it's the sort of stuff with real feeling that the Stones should be doing rather than Mick's attempts to be current a la Taylor Swift/Katy Perry

You made me laugh right there John, that is so funny and so true
I'm a John too smileys with beer

Also pleased to hear the rest of the album is real music with real feeling
That's our Keith, That's what i want from him, why change now,
I love that he keeps it real and and still uses those riffs and grooves
If it an't broke, don't fix it

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 30, 2015 22:31

Out of left field kinda, but pretty cool and funky.

A lot going on in this track. Sounds great listening through headphones. I dig the megaphone vocals too.

Posted by: StickyExile98 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 18:48

Really sorry about the title guys, I seriously had no idea! I've changed it now. I'm glad most of you guys enjoyed it.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 31, 2015 19:02

This and Amnesia are both great!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 19:39

Crosseyed heart is now #9 on amazon's rock charts: [www.amazon.com] and #15 overall (for Cds&vinyl).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 20:03 by Turner68.

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:08

BV, would have been nice if you stuck the other Substantial Damage thread a few pages back instead of front and center. Kind of messed with the flow.

Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:09

frankotero
Happy to read your comment karimamilena. I'm not a country music fan either, but now I can't wait to get home to hear the new song.

Get home safely and then enjoy this lovely tune! Hope you love it like most here seem to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 23:37 by karimamilena.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home