Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 2, 2015 03:49

You oughta be Locked Away.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2015 04:05

well Rocky that's not as wicked as it seems .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 2, 2015 06:13

keefriffhards
BILLPERKS
Eileen absolutely sucks. Embarassing.

hehe yeah right. whatever. i get it, your trying to be funny lol
Im begginning to understand your humour now. brilliant thumbs up

Way too sensitive Keef, KR been coasting WAY too long, hope he delivers a good record. Cant wait for it.

Date: August 2, 2015 06:16

Keith has always and will always deliver a great record. Same with Ronnie. Amazing that a Stones fan board would have so many critical sentiments expressed. After all, Keith's the brains behind the band for the most part. Maybe a nice loud listen to the MFSL "Talk is Cheap" on a great car stereo system would loosen them up?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2015 06:18

Eileen absolutely sucks? Embarrassing?

You need to stop confusing Mick's Let's Work for a Keith song.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 09:22

Is this the first album cover on which Keith is smiling?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 2, 2015 11:18

keefriffhards
HMS
I like Eileen better than Troublesmoking smiley

...before having all the information the internet provides, I always thought Tattoo You was recorded in 1981. I dont care if the Stones or Keith are reworking tunes already in the can, as long as the vocals are newly recorded.

Hey HMS i came back for ya

Imagine that, I had a dream about you last night, keefriffhardgrinning smiley

Forgotten the details as I woke up but I can remember I was sitting in a smoky pub, waiting for you, but you didn´t show up! In some way the Stones were involved too, maybe Keith was also to show up with signed copys of Crosseyed Heart. That would have been something, Keith, you and me having a drinksmileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 2, 2015 12:50

GasLightStreet

Eileen sucks?!! Are you joking?! Omg!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 2, 2015 14:18

Title5Take1
Is this the first album cover on which Keith is smiling?

He´s got a smile of his own and he uses it mighty fine...smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 2, 2015 15:28

Nick Paumgarten's piece in The New Yorker about the NYC listening party's posted a few pages page. Here's the Tom Bachtell illustration that accompanied it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 2, 2015 15:33

Love it! Thanks bye bye johnny. smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 2, 2015 16:01

HMS
keefriffhards
HMS

...before having all the information the internet provides, I always thought Tattoo You was recorded in 1981. I dont care if the Stones or Keith are reworking tunes already in the can, as long as the vocals are newly recorded.

Forgotten the details as I woke up but I can remember I was sitting in a smoky pub, waiting for you, but you didn´t show up! In some way the Stones were involved too, maybe Keith was also to show up with signed copys of Crosseyed Heart. That would have been something, Keith, you and me having a drinksmileys with beer

Wait, Wait I wanna be there too !!!This reminds me of the year 1995. I sat at the Leidseplein Amsterdam, having a drink with my new girlfriend. We were very much in love. But ..the Stones were in Holland for some gigs. She asked me, what if Keith and Ronnie walked by. And they asked you to go with them and have a drink. What would you do, stay with me or go with Keith and Ronnie.
I was quiet for some minutes and said, well thats not a difficult question. My girlfriend was all smiles and very hopeful.
Well, ofcourse i wuld go with Ronnie and Keith!!!!

She is now my wife, but she was a bit disappointed !!!!

Hahaha
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 16:01 by corriecas.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:47

corriecas
HMS
keefriffhards
HMS

Wait, Wait I wanna be there too !!!This reminds me of the year 1995. I sat at the Leidseplein Amsterdam, having a drink with my new girlfriend. We were very much in love. But ..the Stones were in Holland for some gigs. She asked me, what if Keith and Ronnie walked by. And they asked you to go with them and have a drink. What would you do, stay with me or go with Keith and Ronnie.
I was quiet for some minutes and said, well thats not a difficult question. My girlfriend was all smiles and very hopeful.

Hahaha
Jeroen

This is so strange, i said in a thread before about this recurring dream i have.
Its happened to me many times and each time i have this lucid dream i become aware that i'm dreaming in a sort of Deja vu knowing the future, but its already happened kind of feeling.
Anyway im in this bar with keith and we are having a great conversation, i feel so relaxed in his company and we get more and more into the drinks, and his wife Patti turns up and says Keith i think its time for you to call it a day and my wife says the same but me and keith decide to carry on drinking lol
The funny thing, is its like i know him from before but he was not Keith he was like my buddy or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-02 21:07 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 2, 2015 21:24

corriecas
HMS
keefriffhards
HMS

Hahaha
Jeroen

oh man, i was waiting for the punchline where you said that keith and ronnie happened to walk up behind you and your girlfriend....

Date: August 2, 2015 22:41

keefriffhards
This is so strange, i said in a thread before about this recurring dream i have.
Its happened to me many times and each time i have this lucid dream i become aware that i'm dreaming in a sort of Deja vu knowing the future, but its already happened kind of feeling.
Anyway im in this bar with keith and we are having a great conversation, i feel so relaxed in his company and we get more and more into the drinks, and his wife Patti turns up and says Keith i think its time for you to call it a day and my wife says the same but me and keith decide to carry on drinking lol
The funny thing, is its like i know him from before but he was not Keith he was like my buddy or something.

Hmm. You'll likely continue to have this dream until your subconscious allows you to bring the wish-fulfillment to fruition. Specifically, Keith asking you to replace Mick as his songwriting partner and the Stones' new front man. Either that or you wake up climaxing.

Date: August 2, 2015 22:54

Turner68
corriecas
HMS
keefriffhards
HMS

Hahaha
Jeroen

oh man, i was waiting for the punchline where you said that keith and ronnie happened to walk up behind you and your girlfriend....

This time in 94' or 95' as i remember, my wife and i were going to see the Stones in Holland. The first hideous thing is my mum got the coach pick up time wrong and when we turned up at Hyde Park to pick up the coach to the ferry, we were 4 hours late.
But because their was a strike at the ferry port the coach driver waited for us, because he said we may as well wait for the missing passengers as wait at the ferry.
So we were so relieved, but later that evening as the coach went through passport checks i said to my wife 'passports dear' and she says i don't have them. I said no i don't have them either. For some reason we just did not feel like we were going on abroad, we just thought, you know its just a concert.
To cut a long story short, after exhausting every kind of scenario to get our passports from Cornwall in time, we just ended up having the most depressing night of my life in a guest house in Kent..sad smiley
After that we have never forgotten anything since. As far as the concert went, apparently it rained very hard during the show. But still..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 3, 2015 00:58

BILLPERKS

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
BILLPERKS

hehe yeah right. whatever. i get it, your trying to be funny lol
Im begginning to understand your humour now. brilliant thumbs up

Way too sensitive Keef, KR been coasting WAY too long, hope he delivers a good record. Cant wait for it.

KRiffhard
GasLightStreet

Eileen sucks?!! Are you joking?! Omg!

See? I didn't say it.

Date: August 3, 2015 01:15

I get the giggles on here sometimes.
We are so random lol
I know i am the worst, and the main offender with short term memory loss.
Its like the film see no evil hear no evil.
well actually its nothing like that
Yap yap i talk too much.
I gotta get some sleep tonight..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 01:17 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 3, 2015 01:19

keefriffhards
After that we have never forgotten anything since. As far as the concert went, apparently it rained very hard during the show. But still..

I was at that show in The Hague, it was amazing. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 01:20 by Koen.

Date: August 3, 2015 01:23

Koen
keefriffhards

I was at that show in The Hague, it was amazing. smoking smiley

As much as i am pleased it was a great show for you, you just made it worse lol

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 10:07

keefriffhards
The thing is. Start me up, like everything else on Tattoo You, has a lovely all round likeable sound.
I don't care when certain parts were first recorded in 1970 whatever.
The fact is the production and the vocals were obviously recorded just prior the the release of the album.
Mick has never sounded better imho
Why train spot over facts. Its the sound we love.
Who cares what sessions those songs originate from.
I want the Stones to replicate that production on the new album, if there is one.
Does any iorr members have the knowledge to tell me if its possible to make a new album replicating the overall production sound, of say, Exile or Tattoo You.
My son who is 19 and is an excellent guitarist ( CAN DO MICK TAYLOR PARTS ) thinks it can be done, if the Stones wish it to be done..

As for Tattoo You, the mixes were done by Bob Clearmountain. He would seem to be available to the Stones in a similar capacity. Andy Johns, who mixed Exile, is no longer with us.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 14:24

What about a Keith + Winos Tour in the fall?!Any news?!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:06

mailexile67
What about a Keith + Winos Tour in the fall?!Any news?!

How I wish!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 3, 2015 22:40

Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards

Hmm. You'll likely continue to have this dream until your subconscious allows you to bring the wish-fulfillment to fruition. Specifically, Keith asking you to replace Mick as his songwriting partner and the Stones' new front man. Either that or you wake up climaxing.

i just pictured him wearing a bandana and a skull ring he bought off of e-bay,furiously typing out his love for keith on a message board,this may be worse than i thought.

you dont dream of ...you know,kidnapping keith and taking him to your basement to "hang out' and listen to music do you keefriffhards?
have you ever thought of dressing up as johnny depp and showing up at keith's house just to say hi?

i'm not saying you have,it's just a ....."concern"

Date: August 3, 2015 23:20

lem motlow
Rocky Dijon
keefriffhards

i just pictured him wearing a bandana and a skull ring he bought off of e-bay,furiously typing out his love for keith on a message board,this may be worse than i thought.

you dont dream of ...you know,kidnapping keith and taking him to your basement to "hang out' and listen to music do you keefriffhards?
have you ever thought of dressing up as johnny depp and showing up at keith's house just to say hi?

i'm not saying you have,it's just a ....."concern"

Oh man that's funny you got me in hysterics lol
I sound so funny, i forget everybody is reading my ramblings.
Keep it going, i don't mind now, you guys are hilarious after all smiling smiley

Date: August 4, 2015 06:05

Lem is referencing THE KING OF COMEDY I believe with you as Sandra Bernhard to Keith's Jerry Lewis.

I, of course, was Charlie in the SEX DRIVE music video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-04 06:06 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 4, 2015 15:45

keefriffhards
HMS
keefriffhards
...that this is my last post

Don´t do that... oh don´t do that..oh don´t do that.
Stay with us, keefriffhards, you are such a cool guy. I would MISS YOU.

Back to topic: This new album will contain lots of stuff much greater than Trouble. We will have a lot to talk about. If it is half as good as TIC and MO, it´s still very good. Can´t wait to hear the blues and ballads.

Oh thanks mate those are kind words, you just cheered me up.
I will come back when the album is out to talk more, and i have learned to except that some people are jealous of Keith Richards. I love the man and its upsetting when he gets bashed. Its the way i'm made i guess.
See you all soon. Many thanks HMS

damn, i hate it when you leave

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 4, 2015 16:15

I have listened to Trouble many times and think it is fantastic. The opening riff is complex, and the middle part with just the rhythm, sounds like a locomotive that is going full speed and out of control. I think his singing is getting better too. He sang well on the two songs he performed in Columbus in May 2015. I will probably buy this CD, my first in over two years.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 4, 2015 16:29

flilflam
I have listened to Trouble many times and think it is fantastic. The opening riff is complex, and the middle part with just the rhythm, sounds like a locomotive that is going full speed and out of control...
Eggzactly, the song kicks a$$!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 4, 2015 16:45

I would think there will be another song available before Sept. 18th

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10