Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 56
Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live : DVD & BluRay due Nov. 11
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:03

The Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out 11 November 2013

RS.com news link:
[www.rollingstones.com]

The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live DVD & BluRay to be released on 11 November 2013!

#StonesHydePark

The Rolling Stones, with Eagle Rock Entertainment today announce the DVD and Blu-Ray release of The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live. Available from 11 November 2013, Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live chronicles the Rolling Stones’ historic and triumphant return to London’s Hyde Park with a 2-hour live concert and highlights package including new and unseen backstage footage.

This summer, over 100,000 delirious fans packed into Hyde Park for two spectacular outdoor concerts to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood do what they do best. The Stones delivered a five star performance packed full of hits such as ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Miss You’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll’, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘Doom And Gloom’ and ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, as well as one or two surprises.

Mick Jagger said: “It was a great gig…It was beautiful with the sun going down over Hyde Park. I can’t think of a better way celebrate the Rolling Stones’ 50 than doing it on our home patch in front of 100,000 people on a glorious summer night…enjoy it… we certainly did.”

Keith Richards commented: “Coming back to Hyde Park was like a full circle being drawn, and the band were in top form. We thought what could be more appropriate than having a great summer in London!”

From the second the Rolling Stones stepped out onto the stage each night, through to the dazzling firework and pyrotechnic display that heralded the end of the concert, fans old and new were treated to a non-stop, hit after hit performance, which took them through the Stones’ huge back catalogue. Keith Richards wowed the crowds by weaving his charismatic guitar licks with Ronnie Wood’s immense solos, Mick Jagger was on spectacular form, his boundless energy on stage matched by a number of stunning outfit changes, and Charlie Watts the unflappable heartbeat of the band, driving the band on through the set.

Former guitarist Mick Taylor – whose live debut with the Stones took place at the original 1969 Hyde Park concert – joined the band on stage to guest on the bluesy ‘Midnight Rambler’ and on closing track ‘Satisfaction’, whilst long-term live band members Lisa Fischer, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Bobby Keys and Tim Ries all added their inimitable flair and finesse.

The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live is the perfect way for concert-goers to relive their favourite memories from the gigs, and for their fans to see the band back where they truly belong: live on the stage in their hometown.

TRACKLISTING:

DVD & Blu-ray

1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Street Fighting Man 4) Ruby Tuesday 5) Doom And Gloom 6) Honky Tonk Women 7) You Got The Silver Happy 9) Miss You 10) Midnight Rambler 11) Gimme Shelter 12) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 13) Sympathy For The Devil 14) Brown Sugar 15) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 16) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

CD

Disc One: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue 5) Street Fighting Man 6) Ruby Tuesday 7) Doom And Gloom Paint It Black 9) Honky Tonk Women 10) You Got The Silver 11) Before They Make Me Run

Disc Two: 1) Miss You 2) Midnight Rambler 3) Gimme Shelter 4) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 5) Sympathy For The Devil 6) Brown Sugar 7) You Can’t Always Get What You Want (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

LP

Side A: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue

Side B: 1) Street Fighting Man 2) Ruby Tuesday 3) Doom And Gloom 4) Paint It Black

Side C: 1) Honky Tonk Women 2) You Got The Silver 3) Before They Make Me Run 4) Miss You

Side D: 1) Midnight Rambler 2) Gimme Shelter

Side E: 1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 2) Sympathy For The Devil 3) Brown Sugar

Side F: 1) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 2) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Formats:

DVD

Blu-ray

2CD + DVD

3LP + DVD

Deluxe Edition: 60 page book + DVD + Blu-ray + 2CD

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 23:15 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out 11th
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:05

How BIG is the DVD? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out....but I like it

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out 11th
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:05

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:06

glad I didn't buy the download...I knew they'd release it anyway.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:07

Why the !!!! isn't the whole concert on the bluray/DVD.Why does Jagger feel the need to always remove 3 or 4 songs!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:08

bonddm
Why the !!!! isn't the whole concert on the bluray/DVD.Why does Jagger feel the need to always remove 3 or 4 songs!

what's the song lineup?

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Date: September 4, 2013 17:09

thumbs up

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:09

treaclefingers
bonddm

what's the song lineup?
The Rolling Stones, with Eagle Rock Entertainment today announce the DVD and Blu-Ray release of The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live. Available from 11 November 2013, Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live chronicles the Rolling Stones’ historic and triumphant return to London’s Hyde Park with a 2-hour live concert and highlights package including new and unseen backstage footage.

This summer, over 100,000 delirious fans packed into Hyde Park for two spectacular outdoor concerts to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood do what they do best. The Stones delivered a five star performance packed full of hits such as ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Miss You’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll’, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘Doom And Gloom’ and ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, as well as one or two surprises.

Mick Jagger said: “It was a great gig…It was beautiful with the sun going down over Hyde Park. I can’t think of a better way celebrate the Rolling Stones’ 50 than doing it on our home patch in front of 100,000 people on a glorious summer night…enjoy it… we certainly did.”

Keith Richards commented: “Coming back to Hyde Park was like a full circle being drawn, and the band were in top form. We thought what could be more appropriate than having a great summer in London!”

From the second the Rolling Stones stepped out onto the stage each night, through to the dazzling firework and pyrotechnic display that heralded the end of the concert, fans old and new were treated to a non-stop, hit after hit performance, which took them through the Stones’ huge back catalogue. Keith Richards wowed the crowds by weaving his charismatic guitar licks with Ronnie Wood’s immense solos, Mick Jagger was on spectacular form, his boundless energy on stage matched by a number of stunning outfit changes, and Charlie Watts the unflappable heartbeat of the band, driving the band on through the set.

Former guitarist Mick Taylor – whose live debut with the Stones took place at the original 1969 Hyde Park concert – joined the band on stage to guest on the bluesy ‘Midnight Rambler’ and on closing track ‘Satisfaction’, whilst long-term live band members Lisa Fischer, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Bobby Keys and Tim Ries all added their inimitable flair and finesse.

The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live is the perfect way for concert-goers to relive their favourite memories from the gigs, and for their fans to see the band back where they truly belong: live on the stage in their hometown.

TRACKLISTING:

DVD & Blu-ray

1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Street Fighting Man 4) Ruby Tuesday 5) Doom And Gloom 6) Honky Tonk Women 7) You Got The Silver Happy 9) Miss You 10) Midnight Rambler 11) Gimme Shelter 12) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 13) Sympathy For The Devil 14) Brown Sugar 15) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 16) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

CD

Disc One: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue 5) Street Fighting Man 6) Ruby Tuesday 7) Doom And Gloom Paint It Black 9) Honky Tonk Women 10) You Got The Silver 11) Before They Make Me Run

Disc Two: 1) Miss You 2) Midnight Rambler 3) Gimme Shelter 4) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 5) Sympathy For The Devil 6) Brown Sugar 7) You Can’t Always Get What You Want (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

LP

Side A: 1) Start Me Up 2) It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll 3) Tumbling Dice 4) Emotional Rescue

Side B: 1) Street Fighting Man 2) Ruby Tuesday 3) Doom And Gloom 4) Paint It Black

Side C: 1) Honky Tonk Women 2) You Got The Silver 3) Before They Make Me Run 4) Miss You

Side D: 1) Midnight Rambler 2) Gimme Shelter

Side E: 1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash 2) Sympathy For The Devil 3) Brown Sugar

Side F: 1) You Can’t Always Get What You Want 2) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Formats:

DVD

Blu-ray

2CD + DVD

3LP + DVD

Deluxe Edition: 60 page book + DVD + Blu-ray + 2CD

Re: Rolling Stones announce live DVD and Blu-Ray from their historic hydepark concerts! Out Nov. 11th
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:10

Only 16 songs?!

WHYYYYY???!!!! angry smiley

EDIT: Is the video strictly from the 13th then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:12 by Bastion.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:12

let's hope they add the missed out songs as extras you know the rolling stones have never released a concert full and uncut

Date: September 4, 2013 17:14

philrock90
let's hope they add the missed out songs as extras you know the rolling stones have never released a concert full and uncut
Some Girls Live In Texas 78 lies was not flimed Muddy Waters And The Rolling Stones Shine A Light

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:17 by Godxofxrock9.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:14

Let me get this straight,they want us to double dip but we don't get the full concert on DVD/bluray.You have got to be kidding!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:15 by bonddm.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:15

less tracks on the DVD/Bluray than on the CD? Plebs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:24 by vudicus.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:17

it does say and highlights so maybe the highlights will be missing/extra songs

Date: September 4, 2013 17:18

Is Jagger aware of how much content you can have on a bluray disc?!

Date: September 4, 2013 17:19

philrock90
it does say and highlights so maybe the highlights will be missing/extra songs

Very true, I hope you're right.

Emotional Rescue was really the only rare performance and it's not on the main tracklisting for the DVD. Grrrr indeed!

Date: September 4, 2013 17:19

seeing as this is coming out and not a tour set i'm presuming they may not be over with touring yet

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:20

philrock90
I hope they don't do that because that is lame. They're saying "here's our concert, we're so proud of it! It's not complete. But we've added the missing songs as extras just to ruin the continuity and flow for you. We love you". Yeah, thanks.

Oh great,it's got new and unseen backstage footage.I'd much rather have that instead of the missing songs!!

Posted by: Harm ()

Back to work now everybody...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()

VERY standard tracklist. Would be nice to include some of the guest spots from the tour. Maybe it's good, and I'll get it. I love Stones DVDs. The tracklisting is.... Well, I believe the word is underwhelming.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 4, 2013 17:22

we are lucky they are releaseing something just quit the bitching

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:22

Emotional Rescue,Paint it Black and Tumbling Dice missing from DVD. eye popping smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:24

Well it misses TD, PIB & ER.
Don't know why.

ER would have been nice as a first live release and they play it well too. To me it was a highlight, that second night.

Date: September 4, 2013 17:24

Godxofxrock9

like i said all past releases on DVD/Blu Ray have been incomplete with the odd songs missing no idea why they do it but still a great release

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:26

Beast of Burden?
All Down the Line?
Bitch?

angry smiley

Date: September 4, 2013 17:27

philrock90

Hampton 81
Light The Fuse
Live In Japan
LA Friday
Live At Leeds

Date: September 4, 2013 17:28

Godxofxrock9
If we are going to double dip,we are entitled to bitch when we don't even get a complete concert.

DandelionPowderman
philrock90

Hampton 81
Light The Fuse
Live In Japan
LA Friday
Live At Leeds

i meant as in DVD release

DandelionPowderman
philrock90

Hampton 81
Light The Fuse
Live In Japan
LA Friday
Live At Leeds

Nope, Hampton, LA and Leeds are all missing the intro music! >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home