Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: New Brian Jones book
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 26, 2013 23:23

We all have special powers of observation and intuition after living so many years in this world. One of those is the ability to look at someone and QUICKLY judge who they are and what kind of person they are and if especially they are a threat.

After looking directly at Keylock for a couple minutes one day and a YouTube video of Frank it is clear to me that these people are sleazy as it gets and quite capable of murder. That's all the proof I need.

I'd rather talk about Brian's amazing Marimba on Under My Thumb. peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 26, 2013 23:44

paulspendel
Keylock was at the apartment with Janet when the fatal incident happened. He was not in the pool, Cutler had it wrong. He was right about Klein starting an investigation, but his story about the outcome was flawded.

Paul

Yes, Paul, you're quite likely right. Myself, I couldn't picture Keylock in any pool, let alone Brian's, just flopping about with his glasses and tie. I'll bet he'd even take a dip in the pool with his suit jacket on.

Well anyway, not everyone does kindle, so best of luck in getting a print version of the book on the market soon.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 26, 2013 23:54

stonehearted
paulspendel
Keylock was at the apartment with Janet when the fatal incident happened. He was not in the pool, Cutler had it wrong. He was right about Klein starting an investigation, but his story about the outcome was flawded.

Paul

Yes, Paul, you're quite likely right. Myself, I couldn't picture Keylock in any pool, let alone Brian's, just flopping about with his glasses and tie. I'll bet he'd even take a dip in the pool with his suit jacket on.

Well anyway, not everyone does kindle, so best of luck in getting a print version of the book on the market soon.

I'm with you stonehearted waiting for the print version - wonder if it's still October?

Have you ever seen a picture of this apartment on the property? Wonder where it is?

Date: August 27, 2013 00:16

2000 LYFH
stonehearted
paulspendel

Paul

I'm with you stonehearted waiting for the print version - wonder if it's still October?

Have you ever seen a picture of this apartment on the property? Wonder where it is?

Wasn't it over the garage? I believe it was actually Frank Thorogood's apartment, and Keylock merely used it as well. Wouldn't be the extension on the left in the photo below?

On the print version, the authors did say that they were looking for a print deal and that "maybe October" there would be a hard copy version, but now they seem to have removed this message from their Facebook page.

What is the sense of taking years to research a one-chapter update that will only be sold online, thereby limiting sales? What's the problem with getting a print deal? Is it too controversial? Why only a half-market publication?

The author Paul Spendel seems done with IORR, so these questions may never be answered, and "The Final Truth" never read by the majority of potential readers.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 27, 2013 00:19

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-27 00:49 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2013 00:22

....no

ROCKMAN

Date: August 27, 2013 00:26

Rockman
....no

grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 27, 2013 03:05

Getting a print deal is harder and harder. Here in the states the last book store chain, Barnes & Noble, is on the verge of collapse. Books are quickly becoming like CDs and DVDs, nowhere to go to physically check out products. I don't like it one bit. I have two novels on Kindle. Now I have to do the hardest part, try and figure out how to promote them.

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: August 27, 2013 17:19

24FPS
Getting a print deal is harder and harder. Here in the states the last book store chain, Barnes & Noble, is on the verge of collapse. Books are quickly becoming like CDs and DVDs, nowhere to go to physically check out products. I don't like it one bit. I have two novels on Kindle. Now I have to do the hardest part, try and figure out how to promote them.

This is spot on. Not as easy anymore, especially for a niche topic.

Date: August 29, 2013 18:51

stonehearted
His Majesty
The actual alledged murder relies on dubious witnesses in bushes and he said she said stuff.

That's another thing that the Sam Cutler version mentions also--the two "witnesses" who show up while events are in progress but are then warned off, or they would have been next.

That reminded me of the mythical "Nicholas Fitzgerald" account who was supposed to have authored a book that seems to be long out of print and who was also someone that no one can seem to verify the existence of.

Could this Nicholas Fitzgerald then be a pseudonym for someone who actually stumbled onto the scene that night, one of the "dubious witnesses in bushes?"

The Cutler version mentions that these two "witnesses" were coming from a party--in line with the NF account--and arrived at Cotchford Farm late and wound up watching the drowning from bushes on the estate when someone (Keylock in "Fitzgerald's" account, not Keylock in Cutler's account) discovered them there and warned them off.

I wish I could see the alleged "Klein report", if that too actually exists.

Sad to say, it seems we're no closer to "the final truth" than when the book's first edition was published.

Any idea where that other theory came from that Brian was murdered by being dunked in a bucket of water and then thrown in the pool? I believe that's what was theorized. I think it was discussed on the LARS site a few years ago...

Date: August 29, 2013 19:07

Yeah, that came from Trevor Hobley.

Ach, @#$%& all this murder theory and book shite!

Anyone can claim just about anything now and find a way to make it fit to what ever files still exist and are available and selectively pull claims from the past and do make them fit their version.

There's a line in this book that stuck out to me about getting to the bottom of his murder being more important than his life story or something along those lines. @#$%& them! eye rolling smiley

Date: August 29, 2013 19:59

Actually, it came from Nicholas Fitzgerald (pictured below).

You might recall John MacGillivray who researched the circumstances behind Brian's death and summed his findings in a piece called "Through the Past Darkly", wherein he relates how Brian's former girlfriend Pat Andrews recalls that Fitzgerald visited her several times in the early 80s and told her of how he witnessed Brian being held upside down in a bucket of water before being thrown in the pool (p. 11 of the Aftermath issue).

John MacGillivray piece at: [www.brianjonesfanclub.com]

In 1983, renewed police interest was generated by two articles (one in the British magazine Sunday on February 27 and the other later in the year in June in the Gloucester Echo) published by Fitzgerald in which he alleged that Brian had been murdered.

However, nothing came of it after police interviewed Nicholas that year, who refused to put his story in writing, publishing his book The Inside Story of the Original Rolling Stone in 1985 instead.

Letter dated Aug 11 1983, from the Detective Chief Superintendent: [www.angelfire.com]

Letter dated September 27, 1983 from CID to coroner (part 1): [www.angelfire.com]

Letter dated September 27, 1983 from CID to coroner (part 2): [www.angelfire.com]

Date: August 29, 2013 20:03

Ah, thanks for the correction. thumbs up I think Hobley went with that bucket thing for his take on the alledged murder.

For me, the angelfire links don't work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 20:14 by His Majesty.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 30, 2013 00:26

The links don't work for me either. Never seen that Fitzgerald book from 85. Is he a poser or what?

Date: August 30, 2013 00:43

The links don't work? I was unable to copy the images into my post for some reason, so maybe that's why, although the links worked fine from my browser.

Here's an amazon link to where Fitzgerald's book is available:

[www.amazon.com]

You might be able to obtain it through your local library as well.

Here's a link to the page where you can view the images of the police files:

[www.angelfire.com]

Date: September 1, 2013 03:11

stonehearted
2000 LYFH
stonehearted
paulspendel

Paul

Wasn't it over the garage? I believe it was actually Frank Thorogood's apartment, and Keylock merely used it as well. Wouldn't be the extension on the left in the photo below?

On the print version, the authors did say that they were looking for a print deal and that "maybe October" there would be a hard copy version, but now they seem to have removed this message from their Facebook page.

What is the sense of taking years to research a one-chapter update that will only be sold online, thereby limiting sales? What's the problem with getting a print deal? Is it too controversial? Why only a half-market publication?

The author Paul Spendel seems done with IORR, so these questions may never be answered, and "The Final Truth" never read by the majority of potential readers.

Looks like that's the kitchen from the following floor layout. I assume when he lived there for those 7 short months that all those bedrooms were probably empty? Not a mansion but a big house. Strange that it has not sold yet. I think they are still asking the original asking price after 15 months. I guess not that motivated to sell!

[search.savills.com]

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 1, 2013 09:37

beautiful photo winking smiley

Date: September 1, 2013 09:48

24FPS
His Majesty, I'm with you. I found myself full of tequila and god knows what else at dawn in a warm Jacuzzi some years back. It was scary as I began to feel I wasn't going to be able to get out of the damn thing. Brian was not known as a careful drug taker, or drinker. I can see him being left alone, croaking in the pool, and then he was found. Or, another scenario, he was really weakened by the warm water/drugs/booze trio, and he succumbed to alleged horseplay rather easily.

Didn't toxicology show he only had a pint or so of beer in his system, no illegal drugs & not much prescription drugs in his system that nite? drinking smiley

Date: September 1, 2013 15:33

owlbynite
24FPS
His Majesty, I'm with you. I found myself full of tequila and god knows what else at dawn in a warm Jacuzzi some years back. It was scary as I began to feel I wasn't going to be able to get out of the damn thing. Brian was not known as a careful drug taker, or drinker. I can see him being left alone, croaking in the pool, and then he was found. Or, another scenario, he was really weakened by the warm water/drugs/booze trio, and he succumbed to alleged horseplay rather easily.

Didn't toxicology show he only had a pint or so of beer in his system, no illegal drugs & not much prescription drugs in his system that nite? drinking smiley

No.

Date: September 3, 2013 10:21

His Majesty
owlbynite
24FPS

No.

Then what was found? eye rolling smiley

Date: September 3, 2013 10:24

Naturalust
We all have special powers of observation and intuition after living so many years in this world. One of those is the ability to look at someone and QUICKLY judge who they are and what kind of person they are and if especially they are a threat.

After looking directly at Keylock for a couple minutes one day and a YouTube video of Frank it is clear to me that these people are sleazy as it gets and quite capable of murder. That's all the proof I need.

I'd rather talk about Brian's amazing Marimba on Under My Thumb. peace
thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2013 10:27

His Majesty
owlbynite

We used to get hammered at work at open-bar nite holiday weekend parties and I swore by jumping into the hotel pool at nite afterwards to swim laps to straighten up for work the next day. I was totally unfamiliar with these pools, which were dark & deep, unlike Brian, who knew his own pool. I also wasn't the diver & skilled swimmer he was. I can attest there's nothing like laps to clear the head & I never went to work hung over. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Were these pools whammed up to 90 degrees? Were your liver and heart @#$%& up? Were you on a load of prescription drugs?

Anyway, some people die falling asleep in the bath.

no. no. and no. So you think this death was an accident? eye popping smiley

Date: September 3, 2013 10:41

owlbynite

Then what was found? eye rolling smiley

Buy the book and find out. grinning smiley

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 4, 2013 03:31

Stop making the pool the center of attention. Think of it as the final placement. The "attack" points are abundant, in and out with the breeze and the trees. That's why it went off successfully and at this point will never bear a suspect. There was one person that had they been "roughed up" a bit while being questioned would had put the authorities "at least" in the right direction to investigate properly.

Date: September 4, 2013 04:07

nick
Stop making the pool the center of attention. Think of it as the final placement. The "attack" points are abundant, in and out with the breeze and the trees. That's why it went off successfully and at this point will never bear a suspect. There was one person that had they been "roughed up" a bit while being questioned would had put the authorities "at least" in the right direction to investigate properly.

Nick, something tells me you were there that night! Who Are You!...

Date: September 4, 2013 04:23

2000 LYFH
nick

Nick, something tells me you were there that night! Who Are You!...

I got the same feeling from that poster from his comments in the Brian Jones' Office thread.

Date: September 4, 2013 05:16

I'm only one of a handleful of people that post with their own name. My email is in my profile (that can reveal my identity with a simple WHOIS search) so I don't think I would post here if I had something to do with it...
The property is porous. Yes it looks thick with trees and bushes but not enough to keep someone from entering and exiting through there. The pool is merely a "staging area".
Like I said if the right form of interrogation was administered, they would have had something. Sorry to creep anyone out.

Date: September 4, 2013 05:58

nick
I'm only one of a handleful of people that post with their own name. My email is in my profile (that can reveal my identity with a simple WHOIS search) so I don't think I would post here if I had something to do with it...
The property is porous. Yes it looks thick with trees and bushes but not enough to keep someone from entering and exiting through there. The pool is merely a "staging area".
Like I said if the right form of interrogation was administered, they would have had something. Sorry to creep anyone out.

You make the murder sound premeditated, and also as if you are certain of the "facts" you present. So naturally, some of us here are liable to wonder if perhaps you might be one of Frank's workmen.

So anyway, I just recently visited the "delicious treat" site. Is that yours? I'm particularly interested in the laser disc of 25X5--is this the longer Canadian/UK version, or the shorter U.S. version? Thanks!

Date: September 4, 2013 07:09

stonehearted

You make the murder sound premeditated, and also as if you are certain of the "facts" you present. So naturally, some of us here are liable to wonder if perhaps you might be one of Frank's workmen.

So anyway, I just recently visited the "delicious treat" site. Is that yours? I'm particularly interested in the laser disc of 25X5--is this the longer Canadian/UK version, or the shorter U.S. version? Thanks!

Officially it's an accident. With Stones fans it's a conspiracy.

Delicioustreat.com is a domain i'm sitting on. The website is mine and is my interpretation the minimum amount of titles you would need to have all the Rolling Stones songs. (Short/edited/cut versions omitted)

I didn't know the Canadian 25x5 was longer. The audio webpages on the site are accurate but the DVD & Videos sections are not. I improve it as I see and/or hear them.

Date: September 4, 2013 07:29

nick
Officially it's an accident. With Stones fans it's a conspiracy.

With the original subject of this thread, it's a plain, old-fashioned murder with a subsequent cover-up, so, yes, a conspiracy in that regard.

The poster VideoJames has just recently informed me in another thread that the Canadian broadcast and possibly UK broadcast also of 25X5 was 25 minutes longer than the U.S. version.

So you're not an "unofficial" retailer with your site? I was hoping to obtain a copy of 25X5 on disc if so.

[www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home