Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: New Brian Jones book
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 22, 2013 17:11

paulspendel
Hi guys,

I can understand your criticism. No hard feelings. Some people judge me for teaming up with Terry. Yes, it's a bit unlikely perhaps, but here we are! He is very keen on the project, just as I am. The point is, and I keep repeating this, no one ever make the effort to really find out things. Take for instance Frank's builders. I was puzzled by this lot, travelled up and down to Sussex, wrote tons of e-mails, sent around lots of pics, called numerous retired coppers until I finally had them all identified. Know what? One of them is a really nice guy, still alive, who was very fond of Brian. Now, did you ever read that in any book? That search alone took me from 2006 until 2011. What nutter would invest 5 years of his live in finding out about a crew of builders? Well, I did. And I used the same approach regarding the other issues.That's what the book is about: details and details. But there will always be people saying, after reading it: is this all? And I will answer: yes, this is all...

Sounds like you gave an honest (no BS) and hopefully a thorough approach to research and writing this book. Will it be available in Hardcover? If not giving away any book secrets, could you tell us about Brian's settlement with the Stones? It's been reported to be a one time 100,000 pound payment and 20,000 each additional year the band stayed together and if he ever received any of this from them!

I'll be waiting to buy it as soon as available, thanks...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 23, 2013 00:31

Yeah, I am interested to read what you discovered during your years of research. thumbs up

Will first print be hardback? Is there anything different between the kindle and printed versions or is it exactly the same content in both?

smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:20

His Majesty, I think you should put all your musical investigations concerning Brian's contributions into one book.

- Doxa

Posted by: fender99 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 01:28

look forward to reading it. Been a lot of sensationalistic crap about him.
I know he had problems,but he helped establish not just the band obviously,
but the style and substance,the bedrock of one of the greatest catalog of songs and recordings ever. Plus, they could kick ass with that line up live.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: July 24, 2013 08:52

Would love to see the bottom of this case in our lifetime. That 'death by misadventure' verdict never rang true to me. Do believe Brian pissed off the wrong crowd be it for drug money or other matters. Thanks for the research. Know what it's like to interview the police in major cities...and how tough it is when they decide not to be cooperative. thumbs up
Does anybody know what one of Brian's sisters died of when they were children?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 24, 2013 10:22

owlbynite
Would love to see the bottom of this case in our lifetime. That 'death by misadventure' verdict never rang true to me. Do believe Brian pissed off the wrong crowd be it for drug money or other matters. Thanks for the research. Know what it's like to interview the police in major cities...and how tough it is when they decide not to be cooperative. thumbs up

leukaemia.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 12:22 by runaway.

Date: July 26, 2013 09:28

runaway
owlbynite

leukaemia.

thanks

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: July 29, 2013 07:39

paulspendel
You are welcome Ash. If all goes well, July 28th will be the launching date.

looking forward to reading this on kindle ... will it be coming out after the book gets released?
------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Date: July 29, 2013 15:43

[www.facebook.com]

"Unfortunately, due to a legal dispute, we will have to delay publication for a few days - we will be talking to our lawyer on Monday morning and we are confident we will get the all-clear - so we intend the publishing date will be Thursday 1st August
Very irritating !!"

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 29, 2013 17:42

Hope some new information on Brian's musical contributions to the band in this book...as a few others have posted here on this thread. That, to me, is far more interesting. I'm hopeful a book is written just on his music some day.

Date: July 30, 2013 09:30

fender99
look forward to reading it. Been a lot of sensationalistic crap about him.
I know he had problems,but he helped establish not just the band obviously,
but the style and substance,the bedrock of one of the greatest catalog of songs and recordings ever. Plus, they could kick ass with that line up live.

Brian sure was a man of style. Mesmerizing to watch him in the old videos. cool smiley

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 30, 2013 23:32

I´m intrigued, would be interesting to read it!

Date: August 3, 2013 15:23

No updates on the FB page about it's release. Anyone hear anything?

Date: August 3, 2013 15:47

2000 LYFH
No updates on the FB page about it's release. Anyone hear anything?

No sign of it in kindle, amazon etc etc.

I assume the legal dispute has continued to stop it being released.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 4, 2013 01:56

I am intrigued by this last-minute legal dispute that is delaying release of the book--could it prevent the book from being released altogether?

Obviously, Mr. Spendel cannot himself reveal any details while the matter is still ongoing, so we are left to wait and wonder.

It can only have to do with the first publication of the never before seen documents that the author alluded to earlier in above posts, like the "unseen police files", etc. Perhaps Mr. Spendel (and Mr. Rawlings) have come even closer to refuting the "death by misadventure" verdict than even Trevor Hobley did.

In any event, the longer this "legal dispute" drags on--as well as the silence that shrouds the matter--the more intriguing it becomes. Perhaps for a second printing or paperback edition the authors will include a special Afterword to shed some light on why the release of the book has been delayed--what person or persons have initiated the dispute and why. This could illuminate "The Final Truth" even further, reinforcing the investigative work the authors have done.

Date: August 4, 2013 02:09

^
Or could be as simple as using a picture(s) without permission. Paul has not posted since July 22, so not sure why he stopped! I was hoping he would answer a couple of questions I posted. Hope he returns...

Date: August 4, 2013 08:10

stonehearted
I am intrigued by this last-minute legal dispute that is delaying release of the book--could it prevent the book from being released altogether?

Obviously, Mr. Spendel cannot himself reveal any details while the matter is still ongoing, so we are left to wait and wonder.

It can only have to do with the first publication of the never before seen documents that the author alluded to earlier in above posts, like the "unseen police files", etc. Perhaps Mr. Spendel (and Mr. Rawlings) have come even closer to refuting the "death by misadventure" verdict than even Trevor Hobley did.

In any event, the longer this "legal dispute" drags on--as well as the silence that shrouds the matter--the more intriguing it becomes. Perhaps for a second printing or paperback edition the authors will include a special Afterword to shed some light on why the release of the book has been delayed--what person or persons have initiated the dispute and why. This could illuminate "The Final Truth" even further, reinforcing the investigative work the authors have done.

thumbs up

Date: August 4, 2013 11:22

2000 LYFH
^
Or could be as simple as using a picture(s) without permission. Paul has not posted since July 22, so not sure why he stopped! I was hoping he would answer a couple of questions I posted. Hope he returns...

I doubt it would be something as simple as using a picture without permission. Permissions issues are typically vetted very carefully during the editorial production process, and as most of the pictures in the book have likely been published before, and because there are only a couple of sections in the book that involve photos, it is doubtful that an overlooked permissions issue would be the reason for holding up release of the book, especially just days before the book was scheduled for release.

There is something more to this. The author uses the term "legal dispute"-- and the term dispute is synonymous with opposition, quarrel, controversy....

Date: August 4, 2013 12:43

From previous posts by Paul on other forums I uunderstand that he was helping or involved with Trevor Hobley's research team or what ever that was, but broke away from him/them.

Perhaps this dispute relates to that in some way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-04 13:10 by His Majesty.

Date: August 4, 2013 17:40

Maybe your right about it being something more. I found this question I asked Mock Jogger last year:

What was the final results of Trevor Hobley's investigation a few years ago? Or is it still ongoing?

<Mock's response>

In January 2009 Trevor/his lawyer/his detectives presented a 83 page dossier (obviously an abstract of more material) to the Sussex police. A few weeks before he stated on a Q&A thread on a (shortlived) Brian Jones fanboard: "Not only am I completely satisfied with our results but the team I have around me are too." Trevor's answers may give an impression of the issues Trevor and his team were concerned with and how they dealt with them. Here's the link: [www.createforum.com] (Trevor's user name is "editorbjfc"; he shows up after a first round of questions.)

There was a gigantic international media response in late August 2009, when a former member of Trevor's team, former BBC-producer Scott Jones, announced there'd be a reinvestigation, suggesting he had just stepped into the police office presenting the material - when that had been done seven months before, and not by him. That proved at least one thing: when people say nobody would be interested in the Brian Jones death case that's obviously dead wrong. However, finally Sussex police declined to reopen the case and let Trevor's lawyer, John Latham, know in December 2009.
Three years later Trevor's material is not publicly available. I would have thought the next logical step would be to release it. If any such plans still exist (and if not: why not), I don't know.

From what Trevor said in that Q&A thread and from some material leaked by former members of his team you can get an idea of the direction the investigation took. For example, there had been an attack on Brian's minicab driver Joan Fitzsimons ca. three weeks after Brian's death, resulting in her being blinded. Trevor said he could prove she was a witness on 2 July 1969 and was silenced after she talked about what she had seen. On the internet I saw a local newspaper article from July 1969 about the attack and a police photograph of Frank Thorogood (that infamous builder on the Rolling Stones' payroll that was - after his death in 1993 - accused by Tom Keylock to be responsible for Brian's death). Frank was interrogated over the Fitzsimons assault.

Date: August 7, 2013 02:11

Date: August 7, 2013 23:48

Meanwhile, as days begin turning to weeks with no news of a resolution to the "legal dispute" in sight, somewhere in a bookshop in an astral city high above the clouds, Brian Jones is browsing the bins and shelves in search of.... The Final Truth....

Date: August 8, 2013 00:22

At last, it appears the dispute that held up publication for several days has been resolved:

Don't want to tempt fate but, barring anymore technical difficulties, the Kindle version will be published early next week - we will post the Amazon link on this page

Intriguing was another message that was posted there today:

We ascertained and describe in the book that the ambulance did leave Cotchford farm with a casualty in it, but that wasn't the person the ambulance was called for in the first place. One of the many strange things we researched.

Does this mean that two people died at Cotchford Farm that night?....

Date: August 8, 2013 00:36

A casualty can also mean someone who is injured.

Date: August 8, 2013 00:43

Either way, it calls into question the official story of just how many people were there at the time.

At any rate, with publication back on track, perhaps the author will resume posting in this thread to perhaps clarify.

I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Date: August 8, 2013 00:56

stonehearted
At last, it appears the dispute that held up publication for several days has been resolved:

Don't want to tempt fate but, barring anymore technical difficulties, the Kindle version will be published early next week - we will post the Amazon link on this page

Intriguing was another message that was posted there today:

We ascertained and describe in the book that the ambulance did leave Cotchford farm with a casualty in it, but that wasn't the person the ambulance was called for in the first place. One of the many strange things we researched.

Does this mean that two people died at Cotchford Farm that night?....

Thanks stonehearted - that's interesting. Glad the book will be released.

I would assume the ambulance was called for Brian and maybe one of the girls fainted (or something) and they took her out first. Brian was already dead so there was no rush removing his body and I guess the investigation was still going on...

Date: August 15, 2013 00:07

Here's the latest update on the Spender/Rawlings book, just minutes ago on their Facebook page:

Sorry about the delay
Everything is sorted now
We are doing a few final tweaks to the book and the Kindle version will be available over the weekend - we will post the link here

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 15, 2013 01:25

Maybe the authors tried to assert something that is unproven. Of course we won't know that if it's been 'tweaked' out.

Date: August 15, 2013 01:49

Just so long as they don't have to change the title to Brian Jones: The Final Tweak.

Date: August 15, 2013 10:28

stonehearted
Just so long as they don't have to change the title to Brian Jones: The Final Tweak.
yes, t'would be in bad taste. eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home