Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Why don't they play Plundered My Soul?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:40

treaclefingers
kleermaker
GasLightStreet
NedKelly
All the arguements about how good this song is, is best answered by the fact that it was not found good enough to be on Exile in the first place. It's an ok song, but still not good enough to get onto a double album. That should telle us something...

So the songs they did for Sticky Fingers were not good enough to go on SF, some of them went on Exile. should not have been released as all then by your way of thinking (you feel the same about Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You and Undercover as well?). Not all that they recorded in 1971 for Exile went on Exile obviously. Plus you have recordings dating back to 1969...

Illogical logic at best.

Indeed, nonsense by someone who knows little or nothing about the making of SF and EOM.

To further the argument, just because a song is not completed for a current album doesn't remotely mean it's a lesser song. It just means that for any variety of reasons, they didn't finish it.

Maybe they forgot about it? Maybe they didn't have the inspiration at that moment to complete a certain part? Maybe on the day Mick was lyrically dry?

Maybe it started out good, but then it morphed into 38 reggae takes of the same song and that version got stuck in their head, only to dig it up years later to put the first version of the song on the new album (hang on, did that happen before?)?

Dunno, maybe?

EXACTLY. Just because it doesn't get finished for whatever album sessions it's from doesn't mean it's not good enough etc... GodDAMN then EXILE is a stupid album since it's half full of songs they had to finish LATER, as well as whatever else they've done. Like those stoopid SOME GIRLS leftovers for EMOTIONAL RESCUE and TATTOO YOU...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:42

treaclefingers
DoomandGloom
there's 2 jaggers on CB and not a double

Mick, and who else?

Chris?

Eva, Joe?

Bianca??!

I would take it to mean that the vocals are double-tracked.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:43

Best song released since at least 25 years. With excellent guitar from Taylor too.
All ingredients are there, the superb bass from wyman, jagger's great vocals, the backing ground singers, the keith guitar part, all of it makes it great song, no contest. A group effort.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2013 23:50

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
<Just a load of guitar fills that wouldn't have received much if any focus had Taylor's involvement not been mentioned.>

I think that is pretty descript smiling smiley

but still quite meaningless nonetheless.

Is that even possible? It's descript for what he's hearing... winking smiley

what he's hearing is probably meaningless then. I have to be right.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 18, 2013 01:45

treaclefingers

what he's hearing is probably meaningless then. I have to be right.

grinning smiley

Date: August 18, 2013 04:14

Treacle + syrup = right

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 18, 2013 18:36

DandelionPowderman
Treacle + syrup = right

your logic is decidedly saccharin.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 20, 2013 01:54

so called stones fans are never happy always moaning about new songs,old songs and the set list,why don't all just fade away and listen to baycity rollers or wham who will give a fix for whatever you looking for all fukced UP in the head just like SWAY.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2013 01:58

Walton Ford....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:27

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Sticking to the question of this thread, the song isn't played live because it's an outtake in every way.

Then why did they perform anything from Tattoo You on that tour then since the whole thing was outtakes!!!???? AUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH you people drive me nuts with your irrational rationale!

Tattoo you was never promoted as out takes. It was realeased as a NEW Rolling Stones album. AUUUUUUUGGGHH Your statement drives me nuts.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:44

More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Sticking to the question of this thread, the song isn't played live because it's an outtake in every way.

Then why did they perform anything from Tattoo You on that tour then since the whole thing was outtakes!!!???? AUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH you people drive me nuts with your irrational rationale!

Tattoo you was never promoted as out takes. It was realeased as a NEW Rolling Stones album. AUUUUUUUGGGHH Your statement drives me nuts.

They could get away with it back then because the bootleg market wasn't what it is today.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:57

More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Hindsight, of course, provides us with the obvious.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home