Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lost TV Appearances UPDATED
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 28, 2013 12:37

Way too much free time. grinning smiley

For the May 1966 Ready, Steady Go...

Brian had no prominant sideburns and Charlie no moustache
Brian is shown playing the marimbas in some photos from the rehearsals
Brian used his Lady Jane/I Am Waiting acoustic dulcimer(This is on display at 50 years of Satisfaction - Cleveland R&R Hall of Fame exhibition)
Keith used his Guild

In the October 1966 Ready, Steady, Go...

Brian had huge sideburns and Charlie a moustache.
Brian used an electric dulcimer/aka the Vox Bijou
Keith used his Gibson Les Paul Custom

Amongst other things.

PS: Brian and Keith looked cool as @#$%& in October Ready, Steady, Go!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:05

The Stones October '66 appearance on Ready Steady Go! must have been one of the very last episodes, or maybe the last? It was such a great show. Why did the production stop?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:17

Big Al
The Stones October '66 appearance on Ready Steady Go! must have been one of the very last episodes, or maybe the last? It was such a great show. Why did the production stop?

It was cancelled by ITV.

Last broadcast was 23.12.66.

[en.wikipedia.org]!

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:24

24FPS
Keef1966
24FPS
His Majesty
There weren't any singles drawn from Their Satanic Majesties Request in UK. In the UK atleast those abum track promos were to promote the album.

Were they shown in the USA as promotions for the 2000 Light Years From Home/She's A Rainbow single there?

Some of the photos you use for October 1966 RSG are from the earlier show in May.

smiling smiley

As far as I know, or remember, there were no Rolling Stones promo films shown in the United States at all, until Angie/Dancing With Mr. D./Silvertrain in 1973 on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. Which means they made no appearances on American Television between January '67 (Ed Sullivan - Ruby Tuesday/Let's Spend the Night Together) and November '69 (Ed Sullivan - HTW/GS/Love in Vain), a period of almost three years. And again no TV/film promotion at all for Sticky Fingers (in the States), or Exile, which means another almost 4 year drought.

11th August: US TV (ABC) 'Shindig!. Incl.
- Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye) -promofilm
- Oh Baby (Barbara Lynn Ozen) -promofilm
Also the version of Satisfaction that's "bleeped" is a promofilm

I've also realized there was of course the 1972 Dick Cavett Show appearance with interviews and some live footage. I guess I forgot about it because I missed it when it was on and had only heard about it back then. And they've never released it was a DVD like they have other rock star appearances on Cavett.

I bought a 3 dvd set of Dick Cavett called Rock Icons. The Stones '72 is put on there as a afterthought. I think it's about half of the show with a new boring interview with Dick about the stones. I wonder why he didn't just release the whole show.

Here's a note that someone wrote on Amazon about the dvd set:

-- GOOD NEWS:

In the original telecast of the Rolling Stones segment, Cavett interviewed Mick Jagger backstage moments before he was about to perform. The occasion: one of the Stones' famed Madison Square Garden shows on their 1972 US tour. Mick excuses himself to walk onstage, and the cameras follow -- way cool.

Jagger dances out, and the Stones tear into a sledgehammer version of Brown Sugar. It's one of the few times in the band's patchy concert film history cameras manage to perfectly capture the feeling of seeing them live back then. You *are* there -- and it's wonderful.

The original Cavett footage also includes the concert closer, Street Fighting Man. The Stones were on fire this night. They were a year away from what many consider their performing peak, the 1973 European tour. Second guitarist Mick Taylor propelled them to an unprecedented level of intensity.

-- BAD NEWS:

The Stones footage was a late addition to this set, delaying its originally scheduled release date. Previously, permission had been denied by the band. For reasons unknown, Jagger relented at the last minute. But with a caveat -- the DVD could only feature two minutes of each of the Stones' two songs.

-- WHY?

One might guess, concern about bootlegging. But the Rolling Stones would take a paltry financial hit if copies a 32-year old performance of two songs hit the black market. No. The more likely suspect is ego.

Jagger has been scrupulously blocking the release -- on either CD or DVD -- of (additional) Mick Taylor-era live material. Mick admitted years back in a lengthy interview with Rolling Stone publisher Jann Wenner that a lot of people consider the Taylor years the band's finest incarnation. And he sidestepped the question of whether he concurred.

Mick: We understand you don't need a lot of crap about how today's Rolling Stones don't compare to the early '70s. And we appreciate that as their leader, you need to take the feelings of the current line-up into consideration. Really, we do.

But you've been suppressing live Taylor recordings and footage for four decades now -- nearly half a century. How about at long last giving us a break? There's the unreleased Decca live album from 1972. Ladies & Gentlemen on DVD. CS Blues. Film and audio footage from the 1971 UK tour. And the greatest Stones trove of all: superb recordings of your legendary 1973 European tour.

In the meantime, for Stones diehards, this Cavett collection will have to suffice. Let's hope an enthusiastic appreciation of them sends Sir Mick a message he can't ignore -- Let It Loose.

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:36

On the extra 3rd dvd of L&G deluxe edition there is some footage from Dick Cavett...
What footage is on there? One day I'll be rich enough to buy this set.

The legendary concert film Ladies & Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones has been fully restored and
remastered from the original film print and multi-track audio masters and now finally receives its first
authorized release on DVD. Filmed in Texas in 1972 over four nights of the Exile On Main
Street US tour, Ladies & Gentlemen was premiered at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York on April 15,
1974 and released into selected cinemas across the USA shortly afterwards. It was billed at the time
as ...the most powerful rock film ever made and is considered by many fans to be the finest Rolling
Stones performance ever captured on film.
ALL PACKAGED IN AN INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED BOX THAT INCLUDES:
1. LADIES & GENTLEMEN DVD
2. STONES IN EXILE DVD
3. PLUS AN EXCLUSIVE THIRD DISC, FEATURING RARE AND NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE FROM
THEIR DICK CAVETT SHOW APPEARANCE, ASSORTED INTERVIEWS & FOOTAGE FROM THE
AUSTRALIAN EXILE ON MAIN STREET TOUR
4. AN EXCLUSIVE ROLLING STONES SCARF
5. A REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL LADIES & GENTLEMEN FILM POSTER
6. 2 35MM FILM CELLS FROM LADIES & GENTLEMEN
7. A 60-PAGE BOOK WITH NEVER BEFORE SEEN PHOTOS

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home