Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
X pensive winos band line up?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2005 11:35

Who's the band memebers of Richards' X pensive?

Thanks

Re: X pensive winos band line up?
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 14, 2005 11:47

Keith
Waddy Wachtel (guitar)
Sarah Dash (back up vocals)
Bobby Keys (sax)
Ivan Neville (keyboard)
Charley Drayton (bass)
Steve Jordan (drums)

Date: March 14, 2005 12:02

Thank you Potted Shrimp!
But did Charlie Drayton play the bass? I thought he was a drummer..

Date: March 14, 2005 12:02

He does both.

Date: March 14, 2005 12:05

ok...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2005 12:50

Babi Floyd....Backing vocals

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: March 14, 2005 19:35

I'm not near my collection, but having seen the Wino's in 88 and 93, I believe that there was a different bass player on each tour. Charley D. was one, don't remember the other. Both shows were at the Tower in Philly, perhaps the second one was just filling in?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 14, 2005 19:49

Jerome Smith subbed for Charley Drayton as the bassist for the 1993 North American tour. Drayton's last gig with The Winos was the New Year's Eve show in New York in 1992. The late Jerome Smith was the bassist for KC and the Sunshine Band and played on early sessions for Mick's Wandering Spirit CD (he receives an acknowledgement, but isn't on any of the released tracks). Its been rumored that a disagreement over financial compensation was at the heart of Drayton's departure. Bill German claimed he had another commitment before the North American dates were scheduled.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 14, 2005 20:26

On the 1988 tour, the band opened with "Take It So Hard" with Steve Jordan on bass and Charlie Drayton on drums. They then swapped to their usual instruments. Several of these guys are multi-instrumental.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 28, 2014 11:41

Were there any other female backing vocalists in/with X pensive Winos, other than Sarah Dash? Was
it Sarah Dash who sang with them at the International Music Awards in May 1989?

thanks
swiss

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 28, 2014 14:20

Rocky Dijon
Jerome Smith subbed for Charley Drayton as the bassist for the 1993 North American tour. Drayton's last gig with The Winos was the New Year's Eve show in New York in 1992. The late Jerome Smith was the bassist for KC and the Sunshine Band and played on early sessions for Mick's Wandering Spirit CD (he receives an acknowledgement, but isn't on any of the released tracks). Its been rumored that a disagreement over financial compensation was at the heart of Drayton's departure. Bill German claimed he had another commitment before the North American dates were scheduled.
You've got the wrong Jerome Smith.
[www.jeromesmith.com]

Date: November 28, 2014 23:21

-*bump*-

Were there any other female backing vocalists in/with X pensive Winos, other than Sarah Dash? Was

thanks
swiss

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 29, 2014 00:20

If I recall correctly, Steve Jordan was the original drummer for Paul Shaffer's band on Letterman. I think Charley Drayton filled in for him at times and perhaps even took over when Jordan left.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 29, 2014 00:52

swiss
Was it Sarah Dash who sang with them at the International Rock Music Awards in May 1989?

I understand why you're asking, but all signs indicate that that is indeed the lovely and gifted Sarah Dash.
It's pretty amusing how Tina crams herself in between Sarah and Keith in the final jam :E

Date: November 29, 2014 00:53

swiss
-*bump*-

thanks
swiss

No. I can't recall if they had (a) different backup singer(s) at the IMA, though.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 29, 2014 14:23

Rocky Dijon
It's been rumored that a disagreement over financial compensation was at the heart of Drayton's departure.

A 2004 post : "I've talked to Drayton about why he left the band. Drayton quit the Wino's mid Main Offender Tour because of problems he was having with one of the band members. Specifically Steve Jordan. They were long time friends but had a real falling out and still do not talk to this day. Charley does keep in contact with Keith and Ivan Neville. As does Steve, who has performed live with Keith on quite a few occassions in the past year"
[www.rocksoff.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2014 14:47

Babi Floyd passed away in 2013

ROCKMAN

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 29, 2014 15:40

dcba

A 2004 post : "I've talked to Drayton about why he left the band. Drayton quit the Wino's mid Main Offender Tour because of problems he was having with one of the band members. Specifically Steve Jordan. They were long time friends but had a real falling out and still do not talk to this day.

I met Charley Drayton about a year ago and got the same impression. He said that if the Winos ever come back together, he won't be there. Due to "politics".

Date: November 30, 2014 06:21

swiss
Was it Sarah Dash who sang with them at the International Rock Music Awards in May 1989?

with sssoul
I understand why you're asking, but all signs indicate that that is indeed the lovely and gifted Sarah Dash.
It's pretty amusing how Tina crams herself in between Sarah and Keith in the final jam :E

DandelionPowderman
No. I can't recall if they had (a) different backup singer(s) at the IMA, though.

Thanks, DandelionPowderman.

And, with sssoul, Tina Turner is/was such a fireball! Certainly no shrinking violet winking smiley

I just can't find any photos of Sarah Dash that look like the backing vocalist in that video.
And if it weren't Sarah Dash, just wondering who it might have been.

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 30, 2014 09:04

It is Sarah Dash.

Date: November 30, 2014 11:35

z
It is Sarah Dash.

Thanks, z!

Date: November 30, 2014 12:43

swiss
And, with sssoul, Tina Turner is/was such a fireball! Certainly no shrinking violet winking smiley

No shrinking violet and not prepared to stand idly by while Keith flirts with someone else :E

swiss
I just can't find any photos of Sarah Dash that look like the backing vocalist in that video.
And if it wasn't Sarah Dash, just wondering who it might have been.

I wondered at her appearance too but as z and all have said: It's Sarah Dash.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 1, 2014 04:01

Elmo Lewis
On the 1988 tour, the band opened with "Take It So Hard" with Steve Jordan on bass and Charlie Drayton on drums. They then swapped to their usual instruments. Several of these guys are multi-instrumental.

Indeed, on one song during that tour (I Could Have Stood You Up?), you had Steve Jordan on piano, Ivan Neville on bass, and Charley Drayton on drums.

Date: December 1, 2014 05:31

with sssoul
swiss

No shrinking violet and not prepared to stand idly by while Keith flirts with someone else :E

Bingo! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 1, 2014 05:49

swiss
with sssoul
swiss

lol. But it appears Keith never fell for it and kept most his attention and stage praise directed at Sara Dash.....although that left hand did disappear to grab a bit of Tina.. grinning smiley peace

Date: December 1, 2014 09:27

Naturalust
swiss
with sssoul
swiss

lol. But it appears Keith never fell for it and kept most his attention and stage praise directed at Sara Dash.....although that left hand did disappear to grab a bit of Tina.. grinning smiley peace

Can you blame him? (or any of them - haha!)

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 1, 2015 05:17

Anyone have the full Winos line up from the current album?

Date: August 1, 2015 12:24

CrossEyed Heart isn't a Winos album though, is it?
The album line-up is listed here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 1, 2015 19:38

with sssoul
CrossEyed Heart isn't a Winos album though, is it?
The album line-up is listed here: [www.iorr.org]

Correct, it's technically a Keith Richards solo album... just like his previous solo albums.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 3, 2015 16:44

So, does that mean, neither previous Keith Richards solo album, was a Winos album? Technically speaking?

Also, will Amnesia and Blues in the Morning, be the last two tracks with a Bobby Keys credit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 16:46 by jazzbass.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home