Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards & the Winos, Town & Country Club 1992
Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:50

I stumbled upon this videos that i had not seen before. As i noticed how few had watched it on youtube i decided to post it here for those who havnæt seen it.

[www.youtube.com]

Ps. How I Wish is one of my all time favorites, the feeling with those short but great lyrics says it allsmiling smiley

Re: Keith Richards & the Winos, Town & Country Club 1992
Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:40

One of 4 extra tracks on the Eileen Maxi CD:
Gimme Shelter & Wicked As It Seems from that same show.
Key To The Highway - studio

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 24, 2013 12:22

Thanks for this - a great reminder for me of that night. I'd been out of the country for a while and only found out about the gig when I returned a day or so before. It was of course sold out, but we went to the venue and were talking with ticket touts when it was suddenly announced at the last minute from a loudspeaker that the box office had a few extra tickets on sale. So we made a dash to the window and were lucky to get two of those tickets and leave the touts standing. So the gig was a fantastic welcome home for me!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 24, 2013 12:37

Beast
Thanks for this - a great reminder for me of that night. I'd been out of the country for a while and only found out about the gig when I returned a day or so before. It was of course sold out, but we went to the venue and were talking with ticket touts when it was suddenly announced at the last minute from a loudspeaker that the box office had a few extra tickets on sale. So we made a dash to the window and were lucky to get two of those tickets and leave the touts standing. So the gig was a fantastic welcome home for me!

I was there two - for both shows. The 2nd I believe was Keith's birthday.

Date: May 24, 2013 12:39

Beast

thumbs up

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: May 24, 2013 22:23

I also were on both Shows. Yes, the 2. One was the Birthday Show. After that Keith went to New York City to Play on sylvesternight at the Beacon? I remind.
Great Stuff, Never Seen it. Thanks for posting. I had a Stand in the Frontrow Keith side.
Met Benjy Levevre (housesound ingeneer on the Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle Tour)inside T&C at the Bar, before the Show started. Show him a Pic of him and Keith in a Dressingroom on the Tour inside a Japan Stone People Magazin! He Never saw it before, so he invided me to come to the Dressingroom to get an Autograph of him And Keith. Fantastic Moment for me. I Never forgot it.…

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 24, 2013 23:00

..and what about this amazing version?

C'mon Keef, we want a new Winos album!!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 24, 2013 23:33

How I Wish is my favorite Rolling Stones song of the past thirty years.

Date: May 25, 2013 10:01

TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,
'How i wish' is an amazing song and i'm convinced that 'One more shot' it would have been if it had been played by the Winos.
I really hope that Keef and Steve make a new album! In 2011 they recorded 6 new songs, still 2 or 3 and the album is ready!

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 25, 2013 12:21

KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,
'How i wish' is an amazing song and i'm convinced that 'One more shot' it would have been if it had been played by the Winos.
I really hope that Keef and Steve make a new album! In 2011 they recorded 6 new songs, still 2 or 3 and the album is ready!
One more shot is one of these 6 songs. One more shot sung by Jagger was the only way for Keith to have one his solo songs played during a rolling stones show.

Date: May 25, 2013 13:46

greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

One more shot is one of these 6 songs. One more shot sung by Jagger was the only way for Keith to have one his solo songs played during a rolling stones show.

'One more shot' is a song thought and created by Keef and Steve for Winos and for their distinctive sound. Stones version doesn't convince me at all, especially live.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 25, 2013 14:49

A good, concentrated and applied rhthym guitarist along with Keith... that's changes all. Sorry Ronnie...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-25 14:50 by roby.

Date: May 25, 2013 17:41

I wish i´v been there to, i was planning to go and see Keith & Winos in 1992, had money but i could not get owerall information about the tour dates, seems strange now but with no internet and in another country that was a little bit harder then.
I love One More Shot because it´s a good song and The Stones naturaly play it the way they play.
Glad to hear from people who love How I Wish like i do. It is i.m.o. S,o clear, clean feeling delivered with that rough, dusty and loud chords that just grap me totaly, and Waddy´s solo is so in contact with the feeling and meaning of the song.It´s one of those few great songs where i get the feeling that i wish it would never end.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 25, 2013 18:00

KRiffhard
greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

'One more shot' is a song thought and created by Keef and Steve for Winos and for their distinctive sound. Stones version doesn't convince me at all, especially live.

What do you mean created for the Winos? Didn't the Winos cease to exist many years ago? People think that Keith is going to put the Winos back together?

Date: May 25, 2013 18:01

Just forgot to mention one thing about the Winos version of Happy (posted above) think it´s the only negative part i can think of regarding Keith and the Winos. I have never liked it (understatement)with the winos and although i like Steve Jordan and love most of his playing but on Happy he totally destroys the song imo. it gets so dragging and slow it is like an old carriage horse or something,the drums are overplaying and sound horrible and wow how i miss Charlie Watts when i hear it with the Winos.smiling smiley

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: May 25, 2013 18:02

Saw the Wino's in Vegas in 1993, THE BEST Stones show from the 90's....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 25, 2013 18:11

....too bad he didn't record this with Mick....nice bookend to Happy...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 25, 2013 18:15

greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

The only way? You Don't Have To Mean It...

Date: May 25, 2013 18:16

Rokyfan
KRiffhard
greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

What do you mean created for the Winos? Didn't the Winos cease to exist many years ago? People think that Keith is going to put the Winos back together?

[www.billboard.com]

In recent years Keef and Steve have recorded some stuff. In 2011 were recorded 6 songs and one of these, One More Shot, has unfortunately been used as a filler in a useless collection of hits called 'Grrr'.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 25, 2013 19:27

steini
I stumbled upon this videos that i had not seen before. As i noticed how few had watched it on youtube i decided to post it here for those who havnæt seen it.

[www.youtube.com]

Ps. How I Wish is one of my all time favorites, the feeling with those short but great lyrics says it allsmiling smiley

How could this be "LIVE" when he's in a different shirt or coat in every shot?
(I get it...it's an edited video, but to call it "LIVE" is not accurate.)

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 25, 2013 19:50

KRiffhard
Rokyfan
KRiffhard
greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

[www.billboard.com]

In recent years Keef and Steve have recorded some stuff. In 2011 were recorded 6 songs and one of these, One More Shot, has unfortunately been used as a filler in a useless collection of hits called 'Grrr'.

Sure not, One More Shot is a leftover from Talk is Cheap.

Mathijs

Date: May 25, 2013 22:12

Mathijs
KRiffhard
Rokyfan
KRiffhard
greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

[www.billboard.com]

Mathijs

Hi Mathijs,
are you sure that OMS is a leftover from Talk is Cheap? I was convinced that it was one of the songs recorded with Steve during last session, but if i'm wrong tell us if your source is reliable! winking smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:47

KRiffhard
Mathijs
KRiffhard
Rokyfan
KRiffhard
greenriver
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Hi Teddy,

[www.billboard.com]

Mathijs

Hi Mathijs,
are you sure that OMS is a leftover from Talk is Cheap? I was convinced that it was one of the songs recorded with Steve during last session, but if i'm wrong tell us if your source is reliable! winking smiley

Well, the intro is the Boogie MK1 he used until about '92, and gave away in '93.

Mathijs

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:11

Humm, perhaps, but what a Keith playing, energy... Intro riff. Gone.

steini
Just forgot to mention one thing about the Winos version of Happy (posted above) think it´s the only negative part i can think of regarding Keith and the Winos. I have never liked it (understatement)with the winos and although i like Steve Jordan and love most of his playing but on Happy he totally destroys the song imo. it gets so dragging and slow it is like an old carriage horse or something,the drums are overplaying and sound horrible and wow how i miss Charlie Watts when i hear it with the Winos.smiling smiley

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: May 26, 2013 11:26

There's no chance OMS is a Talk is Cheap outtake. It's a 2011 Keith/Jordan jam that's been edited down for GRRRR. It's a nice catchy track, hopefully Keith uses the rest of those sessions for something in the future.

Add me to the list of people holding out hope for another Winos album, probably more so than a new Stones album.

Date: May 26, 2013 12:13

6s7s9s wrote: "How could this be "LIVE" when he's in a different shirt or coat in every shot?
(I get it...it's an edited video, but to call it "LIVE" is not accurate.)"

I don´t think i used the word Live, but are you talking about that it was not broadcasted live? Seems to me that Keith is not miming when he speaks in the microfone and it´s not the studio version. (could be an outtakesmiling smiley

Just follow the white shirt!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1536
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home