Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20
Re: Mick Taylor's talent being wasted
Date: May 4, 2013 20:58

Max'sKansasCity
It is beyond me how that setlist can be called mediocre. It looks like 2 BRAND NEW songs, 1 NEVER played song, Keith's songs were upbeat rockers and a bunch of other great Stones songs. I honestly dont know what people are looking for besides a bunch of esotaric songs which will make 5% of the people delighted and 95% of the crowd scratch their heads.

I might switch out 5 songs, but it is hardly medicore.

me·di·o·cre
Adjective- Of only moderate quality; not very good

Get Off Of My Cloud
The Last Time
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
Factory Girl
Emotional Rescue
Respectable (with Keith Urban)
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentation
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
--- Band off stage
You Can't Always Get What oiu Want
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Great set list. A little for everyone. Hope they keep mixing it up each night.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:02

71Tele

I agree, max. Pretty good set-list. I am looking forward to seeing it for myself tomorrow night in Oakland with my friend Swiss.

Have fun Tele, I sure do wish I could be there too, Id love to hear Factory Girl live... and even though I am not much of an ER fan, what a blast to hear Jagger sing in that high pitch... and all the songs...hell they are Stones songs!!! My favorite band, my favorite songs.

And based on the video of it, MAN, how much fun to start it all off with that marching band Satisfaction. It sure beats flickering the lights to tell everyone get to your sets. FUN!!

Date: May 4, 2013 21:07

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

I agree, max. Pretty good set-list. I am looking forward to seeing it for myself tomorrow night in Oakland with my friend Swiss.

Have fun Tele, I sure do wish I could be there too, Id love to hear Factory Girl live... and even though I am not much of an ER fan, what a blast to hear Jagger sing in that high pitch... and all the songs...hell they are Stones songs!!! My favorite band, my favorite songs.

And based on the video of it, MAN, how much fun to start it all off with that marching band Satisfaction. It sure beats flickering the lights to tell everyone get to your sets. FUN!!

Nothing like a marching band to build drama. I am ready to go to war every time I hear one! Or at least run onto the football field!

Date: May 4, 2013 21:09

JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Nothing like a marching band to build drama. I am ready to go to war every time I hear one! Or at least run onto the football field!
thumbs up Add in some bag pipes and ITS ON winking smiley

Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:18

some celebs

HMN

Date: May 4, 2013 21:24

Loudei
Man I am impressed with the Keith... his playing has really improved - I sure like seeing him stand in front of the drums and just play.

They should replace Miss You with Emotional Rescue and get one Warhorse out of the way... Why have such a predictable set list? Then again if this is the last tour, the last tour is the one with all the warhorses for sure...

I want my 85$ ticket

Absolutely! I am so proud of Keith. The great ones have a way of rising to the occasion. Less than a year ago many around here had written him off. Great to see so many silenced.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:25

Come on Jack, you can afford a better pair of binoculars than that, cant yeah? winking smiley

Thanks for posting HM, great pix as usual.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:32

Rolling Hansie
Just woke up and I think I'm still dreaming.
Thanks for the updates.

Hansie, my exact same sentiments. How damn lucky can we be? We have Mick Taylor once again playing with the band - a miracle in and of itself. We have Keith back and focused again. Mick is looking and singing as good or better than ever. Ronnie has been fabulous, and Charlie is just simply amazing. The energy he has is unbelievable. All that is left to complete this miracle is for them to record one last great album and then do a club and theater tour featuring it and the Some Girls bonus tracks. After this tour is over, that is. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 21:39 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:38

JumpinJackOLantern
Loudei
Man I am impressed with the Keith... his playing has really improved - I sure like seeing him stand in front of the drums and just play.

They should replace Miss You with Emotional Rescue and get one Warhorse out of the way... Why have such a predictable set list? Then again if this is the last tour, the last tour is the one with all the warhorses for sure...

I want my 85$ ticket

Absolutely! I am so proud of Keith. The great ones have a way of rising to the occasion. Less than a year ago many around here had written him off. Great to see so many silenced.

What is that old saying? Silence is golden? Yeah, baby!!!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:38

JumpinJackOLantern
Rolling Hansie
Thanks for the updates.

Hansie, my exact same sentiments. How damn lucky can we be? We have Mick Taylor once again playing with the band - a miracle in and of itself. We have Keith back and focused again. Mick is looking and singing as good or better than ever. Ronnie has been fabulous, and Charlie is just simply amazing. The energy he has is unbelievable. All that is left to complete this miracle is for them to record one last great album and then do a club and arena tour featuring it and the Some Girls bonus tracks. After this tour is over, that is. smileys with beer

taylor is "back in the band?" so i guess urban and stefani are in it, too?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:40

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
It is beyond me how that setlist can be called mediocre. It looks like 2 BRAND NEW songs, 1 NEVER played song, Keith's songs were upbeat rockers and a bunch of other great Stones songs. I honestly dont know what people are looking for besides a bunch of esotaric songs which will make 5% of the people delighted and 95% of the crowd scratch their heads.

me·di·o·cre

Get Off Of My Cloud
The Last Time
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Factory Girl
Emotional Rescue
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentation
Happy (Keith)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
--- Band off stage
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Hi Max! Mediocre because of Miss You, Start Me Up and a few too many over played war horses. I expected as much but still hardly a risk. I'd have preferred Rocks Off, Ventilator Blues with MT, and some California country-ish stuff, maybe 1000 Light Years from home and at least one never before heard song or jam to surprise and delight. I've just heard all those tunes played live so many times I was hoping for a change. Besides I always hated Emotional Rescue.., lol.

If Bill Wyman was playing bass I might have enjoyed the disco tunes for that fact alone!

Tele, sorry I'll miss you and swiss in Oaktown , LA and San Jose were my local choices, have a great time! peace

Date: May 4, 2013 21:42

GRNRBITW
JumpinJackOLantern
Rolling Hansie
Thanks for the updates.

Hansie, my exact same sentiments. How damn lucky can we be? We have Mick Taylor once again playing with the band - a miracle in and of itself. We have Keith back and focused again. Mick is looking and singing as good or better than ever. Ronnie has been fabulous, and Charlie is just simply amazing. The energy he has is unbelievable. All that is left to complete this miracle is for them to record one last great album and then do a club and arena tour featuring it and the Some Girls bonus tracks. After this tour is over, that is. smileys with beer

Never said Taylor was back in the band. Said he is once again playing with the band.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:43

with Keith Urban, they sound good to me.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:44

Factory Girl

I was not in the show and I was a little bit disapointed of the Setlist because it looks like the show of Newark.

But after watching the videos of Emotional Rescue and Factory Girl, I'm saying to myself than I will be amazingly lucky in Chicago (x3) and Hyde Park...

On the Factory Girl is AMAZING!!! And I'm sure that in the show was a way better!

Benjamin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 21:52 by benstones.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:51

benstones
Factory Girl

What an amazing surprise. Never thought we would ever hear this one again live!

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:54

I totally agree JumpinJackOLantern, it is a wonderful surprise and an amazing version. Even if the setlist doesn't move that much shows after shows, we are always surprised with the Stones. I pay the tickets for that... to have this kind of surprises and I really can't wait Chicago!

Benjamin.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:54

JumpinJackOLantern
benstones
Factory Girl

ye of little faith. and i bet you never thought they'd drag back brown sugar from the dustbin, either?

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:00

Max'sKansasCity

me·di·o·cre

Get Off Of My Cloud
The Last Time
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Factory Girl
Emotional Rescue
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band presentation
Happy (Keith)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
--- Band off stage
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

thumbs up

Date: May 4, 2013 22:02

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

thumbs up Add in some bag pipes and ITS ON winking smiley

Yes, bag-pipes! Fabulous idea, Max! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 22:14 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:07

GRNRBITW
JumpinJackOLantern
benstones
Factory Girl

ye of little faith. and i bet you never thought they'd drag back brown sugar from the dustbin, either?

I will drop to my knees if they do Don't Be A Stranger, Claudine, Do You Think I Really Care, and No Spare Parts sometime, (anytime) on this tour!

Date: May 4, 2013 22:11

benstones
I totally agree JumpinJackOLantern, it is a wonderful surprise and an amazing version. Even if the setlist doesn't move that much shows after shows, we are always surprised with the Stones. I pay the tickets for that... to have this kind of surprises and I really can't wait Chicago!

Yes, and it absolutely warms my heart to know that all our hard work posting here hasn't been in vain. I can't wait for the next surprise. Don't Be A Stranger?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:21

It was an absolutely great concert. Keith Urban, who I knew nothing about, was on fire. The marching band was dramatic and fun. Mick Taylor was fantastic, but come on, one number. The encore was a dream with the choir, and absolutely dynamite, and dangerous sounding, Jumping Jack Flash.

Keith, who I was really worried about, was wonderful. He's lost the paunch and he's playing some leads. He absolutely brought the house to its feet with JJF. Also, and come on, they have to be reading this blog. One of my biggest complaints was speeding up the last few numbers. Not this time. Even the last song, Satisfaction, was done at a normal speed. It was much more satisfying and not delivered in a dizzied rush.

Good setlist with a couple nice rarities. And not at all ragged for a first show of the tour. I congratulate them and know that concertgoers down the road are in for a treat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 22:44 by 24FPS.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:25

Naturalust

Hi Max! Mediocre because of Miss You, Start Me Up and a few too many over played war horses. I expected as much but still hardly a risk. I'd have preferred Rocks Off, Ventilator Blues with MT, and some California country-ish stuff, maybe 1000 Light Years from home and at least one never before heard song or jam to surprise and delight. I've just heard all those tunes played live so many times I was hoping for a change. Besides I always hated Emotional Rescue.., lol.

If Bill Wyman was playing bass I might have enjoyed the disco tunes for that fact alone!

I was just saying medicore might be the wrong term. I might suggest "middle of the road", "average good", "typical great Stones"... because we should know our Stones by now, and we know they are not going to play little known songs, so we (actually those of you who were lucky/skillfull/fortunate enough to be there)(you have no idea how much it suks for me to be missing these LA shows) should be just very happy to hear them playing any Stones songs at all. It is all bigger than a set list, It is bigger than.... well you know the deal.

Good to see you posting NL, happy all is well with you.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:27

MisterDDDD
Sad. Sad. Sad.
I saw this one at Tower Theatre, it was rather sad.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:28

Nice to see Keith has lost the paunch and Mick Taylor is looking slimmer than he has in ages.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:46

Bliss
Nice to see Keith has lost the paunch and Mick Taylor is looking slimmer than he has in ages.

Who knows, if Taylor keeps shedding the pounds they may just invite him to re-join the band? He looks great!

Date: May 4, 2013 22:47

JumpinJackOLantern
GRNRBITW
JumpinJackOLantern
Rolling Hansie
Thanks for the updates.

Never said Taylor was back in the band. Said he is once again playing with the band.

we KNOW what you meant. don't try to fool us old folk. we've seen all the tricks of the trade.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:51

JumpinJackOLantern
Bliss

Who knows, if Taylor keeps shedding the pounds they may just invite him to re-join the band? He looks great!

Or he could do Nutrisystem commercials like Terry Bradshaw.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:56

wait a sec - am i to understand that the reason taylor hasn't been formally invited back into the fold is because of his weight? i didn't realize his weight carried that much weight...

Date: May 4, 2013 22:57

Bliss

Just can't have pot bellied Rolling Stones! So good for Keith!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home