Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:37

Sighunt
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash
Great set! People are never satisfied here and i'm very happy they only use MT on one song. He is a guest and nothing more. Looking good for future shows.

MT is a guest, but to say he's 'nothing more' doesn't really do justice to the man's contribution to their history..Why would they bring him out at all?..It's to put bums on seats thats why..and if you're going to wheel him out in the same way they wheel out 'GaGaUrban Bollox' who are as far removed from their history, and IMHO bring nothing more to the stage than I would If i got up there and joined in on one song, is a complete mystery...

I don't want to beat this to death and get into another Mick vs. Ronnie controversy, but unless I am mistaken, did Keith Richards not go on Jimmy Fallon a few weeks back and give the impression that Mick Taylor was going to have more of an active role on this tour? Two things occur to me, either that was a ruse/publicity stunt to get people in the seats or Keith Richards really just does not know what the hell he is talking about...

It was a publicity stunt to sell tickets...probably Keith did not even understand Mick's trick! But it's not unusual in recent years that Keith blows up a lot of smoke in interviews but after the dust has settled, one quickly notices that there is usually not much substance.

Mick Taylor is NOT there for any artistic reasons. He is simply used just like any other guests are used - verhicles to create a "spectacle", to make people buy tickets.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:49

alimente
Sighunt
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash
Great set! People are never satisfied here and i'm very happy they only use MT on one song. He is a guest and nothing more. Looking good for future shows.

MT is a guest, but to say he's 'nothing more' doesn't really do justice to the man's contribution to their history..Why would they bring him out at all?..It's to put bums on seats thats why..and if you're going to wheel him out in the same way they wheel out 'GaGaUrban Bollox' who are as far removed from their history, and IMHO bring nothing more to the stage than I would If i got up there and joined in on one song, is a complete mystery...

I don't want to beat this to death and get into another Mick vs. Ronnie controversy, but unless I am mistaken, did Keith Richards not go on Jimmy Fallon a few weeks back and give the impression that Mick Taylor was going to have more of an active role on this tour? Two things occur to me, either that was a ruse/publicity stunt to get people in the seats or Keith Richards really just does not know what the hell he is talking about...

It was a publicity stunt to sell tickets...probably Keith did not even understand Mick's trick! But it's not unusual in recent years that Keith blows up a lot of smoke in interviews but after the dust has settled, one quickly notices that there is usually not much substance.

Mick Taylor is NOT there for any artistic reasons. He is simply used just like any other guests are used - verhicles to create a "spectacle", to make people buy tickets.

I'd be less likely to buy tickets, knowing that he's only playing on one song. I can't believe they're gonna haul him around for an entire tour just to be onstage for what, eight minutes a night? What do they think he is, some kind of charity case? Wait a minute .... Don't answer that.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:10

Midnight Rambler - vinylPiper

VinylPiper other vids here.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:13

Thanks maxx!

LOVE IT!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:23

gagi

Mick: Gwen, I'm in room 405.
Gwen: Ok, I'll be there after the blow... I mean show.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:23

Midnight Toker
Love in Vain
Sway
CYHMK

with Taylor the following night. perfect!

Give him Plundered My Soul!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:24

How did they play

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:27

sorry, should have been in the videos thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 14:34 by Green Lady.

Posted by: onlyranr ()
Date: May 4, 2013 14:34

Anyone sit on Keith's side of the stage , in the low part , $500.00 tickets ? If so please let me know if they are good seats ! Going to see them in Montreal , and if not good enough , will get bette ones . Thanks. Looked like an amazing show , from what I am seeing-reading !

Date: May 4, 2013 15:00

thank you mgshorr...nice review...I'm surprised at all the negativity...23 songs...Emotional Rescue...Factory Girl...Shelter and Rambler...nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:01

gagi

Mick , always the salesman . Did you hear his comment at the end ? Gotta get one of those t shirts . LOL grinning smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:02

Please post any media reviews.

Date: May 4, 2013 15:09

Was there no teleprompter available? What's the point of having a "special" guest if it's going to result in a train wreck like this? Worst-ever performance of this song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 15:11 by tatters.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:10

maxx
Midnight Rambler - vinylPiper

VinylPiper other vids here.
[www.youtube.com]

It's great and all, but seeing vids and hearing the audio is NOTHING like being there yourself.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:13

Gwen Stefani was horrible. Perhaps her ego will return to earth. When the history of rock and roll is written, the stones will get a chapter whereas she will not even be a footnote!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:13

Hairball
I'm surprised at the positive feedback for a song that is so far removed from what truly makes the Stones a great band.

What makes the Stones such a great band is the ease with which they can play such a variety of styles of music.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:18

So I can make the assumption from most of the posts here from those who attended that not only did the Stones manage to sell out (despite high ticket prices) but also performed great (even with Mick Taylor playing on only one song) ?

Date: May 4, 2013 15:20

donvis
Gwen Stefani was horrible. Perhaps her ego will return to earth. When the history of rock and roll is written, the stones will get a chapter whereas she will not even be a footnote!

Quite the "looker", though, as my Mom would say.

Date: May 4, 2013 15:24

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 17:26 by tatters.

Date: May 4, 2013 15:27

nightskyman
So I can make the assumption from most of the posts here from those who attended that not only did the Stones manage to sell out (despite high ticket prices) but also performed great (even with Mick Taylor playing on only one song) ?

Apparently, it was not sold out, despite thousands of people being let in for only $85.

Eighty-five dollars. Sounds about right.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 15:31 by tatters.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:27

brianfly3
Sold out show in LA.

Definitely buying tickets now for Chicago, Toronto and possbly Philly!!!

What a show.

All of the negative post......what do you say now?

You're now planning to buy tickets at these places because the show in LA sold out? Interesting logic.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:29

I prefer the Echoplex setlist. Just the Stones and a more eclectic set list!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:39

Echoplex setlist was better. However, opening night you usually don't take a lot of chances and props for ER and Factory Girl. I wish Keith would change it up!!! I think that they will mix it up more as the shows roll on. We'll get the same "warhorses" but I think we'll get some surprises as well. I'd like more Mick Taylor for sure. Even if its one song change it up.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:44

tatters
alimente
Sighunt
Gibson668
JumpinJeppeFlash

I'd be less likely to buy tickets, knowing that he's only playing on one song. I can't believe they're gonna haul him around for an entire tour just to be onstage for what, eight minutes a night? What do they think he is, some kind of charity case? Wait a minute .... Don't answer that.

Great performance by Mick T, although it is sad that he is being hauled around just for one song only, I hope I'm proved wrong, but my understanding is that Mick T isn't in a position to really say no, Bill on the other hand was in a position to say no.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:45

Gwen was a dud...maybe she was nervous...difficult to say...but wouldn't most fans rather hear Mick Taylor 3x and forget the other guests....these special guests are becoming a distraction.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:58

Man I am impressed with the Keith... his playing has really improved - I sure like seeing him stand in front of the drums and just play.

They should replace Miss You with Emotional Rescue and get one Warhorse out of the way... Why have such a predictable set list? Then again if this is the last tour, the last tour is the one with all the warhorses for sure...

I want my 85$ ticket

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: May 4, 2013 15:59

I think the setlist looks great. It will be exciting to see what else they bring from the "surprisebox" other than ER the next shows. I`m also one of those who think Taylor on one or two songs is enough. Maybe later he will be on one song more. If not on all shows I think he will be playing on more songs in Hyde Park. It will be a special show in memory of his first one in -69.

Can anyone tell me if they played the same vids as opening to the show as in nov/dec? The one with the faninterviews etc....

Date: May 4, 2013 16:02

One thing I do like about the setlist. It begins and ends with a song from 1965. Puts everything in between in its proper historical context.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 16:02 by tatters.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:06

tatters

Was there no teleprompter available? What's the point of having a "special" guest if it's going to result in a train wreck like this? Worst-ever performance of this song.

She's all dressed up like Cher on an off day...plus she rewrote the words to this classic...what's not to like?

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 4, 2013 16:07

No cover, huh? Very nice...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home