Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20
Re: Los Angeles May 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 4, 2013 08:52

Hairball
TeaAtThree
Jah Paul
ManuelStones
its good to be anywhere
Wow, Emotional Rescue!!! I really hope the Stones keep this in the setlist for the rest of the tour... such a great, great song!
A really nice surprise indeed.

That was awesome! Wish they'd try more "new" stuff - this shows they can pull it off.

Granted that's a phone recording, but I think that's evidence for why nobody ever went to a disco concert. Dullsville beyond the sheer novelty.

Now, maybe someone in the audience will say it was totally groovy and had them dancing.....

T@3

Agree TeatAtThree.
I'm surprised at the positive feedback for a song that is so far removed from what truly makes the Stones a great band.
Perhaps it's the novelty of it never being performed live and/or it's the first video available from tonights performance.
As with the studio version, it didn't move me at all...I could think of at 100 songs that would have fit in the set better.

Such as Little Queenie? Maybe we'll get it in Anaheim.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 08:53

Hairball
TeaAtThree
Jah Paul
ManuelStones
its good to be anywhere
Wow, Emotional Rescue!!! I really hope the Stones keep this in the setlist for the rest of the tour... such a great, great song!

That was awesome! Wish they'd try more "new" stuff - this shows they can pull it off.

Granted that's a phone recording, but I think that's evidence for why nobody ever went to a disco concert. Dullsville beyond the sheer novelty.

Now, maybe someone in the audience will say it was totally groovy and had them dancing.....

T@3

Agree TeatAtThree.
I'm surprised at the positive feedback for a song that is so far removed from what truly makes the Stones a great band.
Perhaps it's the novelty of it never being performed live and/or it's the first video available from tonights performance.
As with the studio version, it didn't move me at all...I could think of at 100 songs that would have fit in the set better.

I'm just happy that they are doing a song we have never heard live before. But me for me, this biggest mind-blower is that the Stones are carting Mick Taylor around to get guest on what appears to be one tune unless he comes back for an encore...

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 08:56

Sighunt
Hairball
TeaAtThree
Jah Paul
ManuelStones
its good to be anywhere

T@3

Agree TeatAtThree.

I'm just happy that they are doing a song we have never heard live before. But me for me, this biggest mind-blower is that the Stones are carting Mick Taylor around to get guest on what appears to be one tune unless he comes back for an encore...
agreed

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: May 4, 2013 08:57

Emotional Rescue ,love it already, but i`m afraid that, that we don`t hear it in London.

at least nice memories with the lp Emotional Rescue and a part of my youth `re coming back ...

Posted by: brianfly3 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 08:58

The Stones are playing....now....and they played a new song. Emotional f-ing rescue!!! Regjoice. It's a killer stones song friends. Be happy

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:04

Wouldn't call it a "killer" Stones song but at least it's something different.

Date: May 4, 2013 09:05

What a great set list. Wow!!!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:05

Kudos for trying Emotional Rescue.

But I think it will go the way of Hot Stuff in 1994.

J

Date: May 4, 2013 09:06

I think you are wrong on that but we'll see!

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:07

B4TMMR sounds stellar, too. Damn. I might have to catch a show before June 6.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:07

Factory Girl is a pretty cool choice. Also, although it has appeared sporadically through the years, I would be pleased to hear Respectable in Vegas. Some Girls was a big record for me in my sordid youth. My first Stones show was 1978 in Boulder when I was 17. I conned my parents into letting me drive from Seattle to Boulder for it. It was 2 days before the show that came out on dvd last year. Plenty of evidence there of how hot they were at that point! I'm a week away from seeing them again. Getting excited now! Thanks to all for posting the reports.smoking smiley

Date: May 4, 2013 09:08

Emotional Rescue one of my favorite all-time stones songs. Can't believe they pulled it off!!!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:09

The Rolling Stones
Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA, USA

2013 May 3

Get Off of My Cloud (intro by UCLA Bruin Marching Band)
The Last Time
It's Only Rock & Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
Factory Girl (first since 16 Oct 1997)
Emotional Rescue (live debut)
Respectable (with Keith Urban)
Doom and Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil

You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the CSULB Cole Conservatory Chamber Choir)
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:09 by mnewman505.

Date: May 4, 2013 09:11

Sold out show in LA.

Definitely buying tickets now for Chicago, Toronto and possbly Philly!!!

What a show.

All of the negative post......what do you say now?

Date: May 4, 2013 09:12

Let's see you do this at 70 + years old?

Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:12

I say we need a Mick Taylor set, not a Mick Taylor song

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:13

brianfly3
Sold out show in LA.

Definitely buying tickets now for Chicago, Toronto and possbly Philly!!!

What a show.

All of the negative post......what do you say now?

Just read up this thread - they say the same things they usually say.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:17

*******FINAL*********

The Rolling Stones
Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA, USA

2013 May 3

Get Off of My Cloud (intro by the UCLA Bruin Marching Band)
The Last Time
It's Only Rock & Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
Factory Girl (first since 16 Oct 1997)
Emotional Rescue (live debut)
Respectable (with Keith Urban)
Doom and Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil

You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the CSULB Bob Cole Conservatory Chamber Choir)
Jumpin' Jack Flash
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:18 by mnewman505.

Date: May 4, 2013 09:20

Yes GreenLady....just confirmed my night.

Thanks.

1 song is enough for Taylor....he quit

Woody all the way!!!!

Just remember that a few months ago Mick himself said that they wouldn't ever quit.

The swan song posts can stop.......especially now.

I come to your emotional rescue

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:20

Got up early here in the UK..hoped to see more than one song with (Mick Taylor) after it in the set list..They have/had so many ways of playing this, IMHO, B Stage, Mini-Set, Acoustic Mini Set, that could have showcased the great songs they have in their canon,,We're not talking about some 'poodle haired' rock band..we're talking about The Rolling Stones, one of the greatest (and last of their generation) bands of all time..and to trot out Emotional Rescue,although interesting, is a shameful waste of their legacy.
There are surely enough of us left that cherish the older, probably more obscure songs, that would have sounded fantastic, and not bored the pants off those in the audience who hadn't heard them before..Shame really..It all promised so much..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:22 by Gibson668.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:23

I think we are lucky to have the opportunity to see them at this point at all. They could be comfortably retired at this point. Obviously there is still magic in the chemistry between them on stage. & I include Ronnie in that. The other musicians have been with them a long time now & fit in well. Looks like they let Lisa do Gimme Shelter & I'm all for that. The lady can sing! As far as the warhorses go, those are some of the best rock songs ever. I don't see how hearing them one more time is a bad thing. It will be interesting to see how the sets change on the tour. Its not like they have a lack of material! Haha. 1 week to Vegas!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:23

Thanks for all the reports, never been interested in Emotional Rescue but just the thought of Factory Girl has me hyperventilating for Chicago. Hopefully they'll decide to use Mick T more by that time.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:26

Setlist fairly predictable with war horses,two new ones and three lucky dip numbers.

Big dissapointment was only one song for Mick Taylor.

Such a great opportunity to make a good show into a great show if they made the most of his talents.

See what happens in the next gig and hope it is a bit varied from this one.

If it isn't,they are getting to be just like the old Las Vegas favourites. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:27

I must say I'm disappointed that they didn't do more/different songs with Mick Taylor - come on, we know you rehearsed them - let's hear them! Sway notoriously does nothing for me personally, but Love In Vain, CYHMK or one of the Chuck Berry covers would be great.

However, Factory Girl and Emotional Rescue in the "something different" slot were good.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:28

Gibson668
Got up early here in the UK..hoped to see more than one song with (Mick Taylor) after it in the set list..They have/had so many ways of playing this, IMHO, B Stage, Mini-Set, Acoustic Mini Set, that could have showcased the great songs they have in their canon,,We're not talking about some 'poodle haired; Rock Band..we're talking about The Rolling Stones, one of the greatest (and last of their generation) bands of all time..and to trot out Emotional Rescue,although interesting, is a shameful waste of their legacy.
There are surely enough of us left that cherish the older, probably more obscure songs, that would have sounded fantastic, and not bored the pants off those in the audience who hadn't heard them before..Shame really..It all promised so much..

I am quite sure that for the "uninitiated" who were there tonight, they were probably satisfied and entertained, but I have to say that for myself, I am a bit disappointed that Mick Taylor was utilized for one song. All I was expecting was maybe a three song mini-set utilizing his talents-certainly not the whole show. I haven't bought tickets to Toronto yet and tonight's show may sway me to stay home...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()

Great set! People are never satisfied here and i'm very happy they only use MT on one song. He is a guest and nothing more. Looking good for future shows.

Posted by: stonehearted ()

JumpingKentFlash
noughties
bye bye johnny

Backstage gx

@gwenstefani

Is this Gwen Stefani?

She is severely fuckable isn't she?

Well, Mick is not about to have Susan Boyle up there duetting with him, is he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 00:13 by stonehearted.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:30

ER is a nice surprise but I hope they'll be more adventurous with the setlist and give MT a 3-songs slot later in the tour...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:33 by dcba.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:31

Big dissapointment was only one song for Mick Taylor. Sway? Can't you hear me knocking? Time waits for no one... Perhaps for the next shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 09:46 by roby.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 4, 2013 09:32

But best show ever OFF COURSE smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home