Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Plundered My Soul - will they ever play this live?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 10:46

PMS is a classic, and really did more to pump up their glow more than anything in a long time. Classic song, with some angst and a sowerful lonley story. Very emotive. And probably too hard for them to do at this point. A shame, they really should.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 11:17

treaclefingers
Title5Take1
They might do it—hope so—just to have a "new" tune aside from Doom and Gloom and One More Shot. None of their other reissue songs was a hit like Plundered, which, according to Mick T.'s own website, hit #2 on the Billboard singles chart >>> [micktaylor.com]

Let's be straight, that was on vinyl though, during Record Store Day week, and sold about 2500 copies or something.

I didn't know that, but you're right. NO SPARE PARTS peaked at #2 on the same chart. But PLUNDERED MY SOUL was still a hit in other formats, unlike NO SPARE PARTS. PLUNDERED peaked in the U.S. at #7 on iTunes. Whereas NO SPARE PARTS peaked there at #110.

I got my info from here >>> [www.music-chart.info]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 29, 2013 13:29

Mathijs
Nobody within the band except Jagger has a clue which song you are talking about.

Mathijs

Fair point, that would be a good question for Keith, Charlie or Ronnie if someone ever bumps into them!

barbabang
DandelionPowderman
Have they ever played an outtake live?

Yes, they played Still A Fool, a Beggars Banquet outtake, in the Paradiso 1995.

And "Worried About You" at El Mocambo in 1977 four years before its release.

As for the Q, I'd say there is ZERO chance :
1. No one knows it
2. Way too hard to play live, see the LIS or ASMB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-29 13:30 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: April 29, 2013 17:35

barbabang
DandelionPowderman
Have they ever played an outtake live?

Yes, they played Still A Fool, a Beggars Banquet outtake, in the Paradiso 1995.

But that's a Muddy Waters song, and not a Jagger/Richards original.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:16

whitem8
PMS is a classic, and really did more to pump up their glow more than anything in a long time. Classic song, with some angst and a sowerful lonley story. Very emotive. And probably too hard for them to do at this point. A shame, they really should.

With Taylor on board they should be able to perform PMS properly. I would love it.

Date: April 29, 2013 18:17

It's not a classic, it's an outtake...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 29, 2013 18:30

Probably not. These songs seldom transforms well on stage. They are to technically demanding. If they do it, which they won't, they would have to nail it instantly.
If they have problems even to remember the warhorses these days: How on earth are they going to master this one?

Date: April 29, 2013 18:36

Not technical at all. It's probably on of their easiest songs to play.

A bit demanding for Mick to sing, perhaps. My guess is that this one is a non-ptiority song for the band - both in terms of quality and relevance.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 29, 2013 21:52

A song I would like to hear them play live.
Would be a tough job for Keith cause it requires continuous power play - hope his left hand can take the open G minor chords here, and timing wise not that easy in combination with Charlie.
Typically early 7-tees stuff. I'm afraid they lack the power and focus to nail this one these days.

Date: April 29, 2013 21:59

One of the easiest songs for Keith to play. Less demanding than both Wild Horses and BTMMR, where he is doing the same open G minor chords and more chord changes. Mick would probably struggle a bit in the bridge, though.

Date: April 29, 2013 22:09

He could always loop the chords of course, didn't they btw? And the interaction with Charlie is not be underestimated.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:01

ab
treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers
This is an awesome song that woulda been a contender if released as a single in 1972.

It's a great song, but a little too similar to other songs of that era. The first thing that hit my ears when I heard Plunder My Soul was Bill's wonderful that encompassed the whole song. I'd rather they leave this song alone if that element won't be part of it.

As for You Got Me Rocking. I'm not really sure why the antipathy for this song. It's not bad, especially for being from the post-Steel Wheels Stones. And come on, they need to play something recorded after 1981.

Sorry, can't agree with you on YGMR. Butcher's cutting up meat, hookers losing their looks, fighter's taking sucker punches, taxi driver's losing their fare...it's all just too much drama.

It's not that it's too dramatic. It's just hack songwriting, throwing together a bunch of cliched images and connecting them with one of the lamest choruses ever.

I was being facetious...I do agree with you. I just can't understand the merit they see in it, to keep bringing it out. They even chose it as one of two songs on 12/12/12...ridiculous.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:02

Title5Take1
treaclefingers
Title5Take1
They might do it—hope so—just to have a "new" tune aside from Doom and Gloom and One More Shot. None of their other reissue songs was a hit like Plundered, which, according to Mick T.'s own website, hit #2 on the Billboard singles chart >>> [micktaylor.com]

Let's be straight, that was on vinyl though, during Record Store Day week, and sold about 2500 copies or something.

I didn't know that, but you're right. NO SPARE PARTS peaked at #2 on the same chart. But PLUNDERED MY SOUL was still a hit in other formats, unlike NO SPARE PARTS. PLUNDERED peaked in the U.S. at #7 on iTunes. Whereas NO SPARE PARTS peaked there at #110.

I got my info from here >>> [www.music-chart.info]

Wow that's pretty amazing...I hadn't realized PMS actually had done that well.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 30, 2013 04:02

I never liked the song. It's a throwaway. Nothing more.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 1, 2013 14:23

DandelionPowderman

Are the Exile bonus and Some Girls bonus tracks still considered to be outtakes now that they have been cleaned up and officially released?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 1, 2013 15:16

uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

Are the Exile bonus and Some Girls bonus tracks still considered to be outtakes now that they have been cleaned up and officially released?

...Not by me. They're fully grown songs; part of the family.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:50

Plundered My Soul is the one 'outtake' I have heard that could have belonged on the record. It has the 'feel' of an early 70s Stones thing, even with Mick's more modern voice. Taylor's solo sounds like it came out of 1972.

It is IMHO their best release in 30 years.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 19:57

frankotero
Really great song. Probably hard to perform live, like Love Is Strong, another one my favorites.

+1

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 1, 2013 20:05

I think they are. Honestly they should play live. There are some of most popular songs in a while for them.but I love one more shot and other of there newer stuff. It just needs to be run thru an Ampeg and not compressed and brightened so much.

Go Dawgs!

Date: May 1, 2013 20:12

nankerphlege
I think they are. Honestly they should play live. There are some of most popular songs in a while for them.but I love one more shot and other of there newer stuff. It just needs to be run thru an Ampeg and not compressed and brightened so much.

Right!! But what to do with only one VT40 on stage??

They need the real thing --->

Date: May 1, 2013 20:40

Mathijs
Nobody within the band except Jagger has a clue which song you are talking about.

Mathijs

LOL .. also explains Jagger's reliance on the warhorses

Date: May 1, 2013 23:19

uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

Unfortunately, yes. By the band, that is...

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 2, 2013 00:05

This is like asking them to remember one drunken/drugged out recording Tuesday night, from months of drugged out/drunken recording nights, over 40 years ago, most of which were better and more fun nights...can you remember what you had for lunch on a particular day, decades and decades ago? This was NOT a song like "Tumbling Dice" that they played multiple times over many days/weeks to get it right...this was like "Happy" where they did it in 3-4 hours then abandoned it and never finished it.....Im' sure the band have no idea what they played or how the changes go, which guitars they used, or who they were with in the studio or anything...

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 2, 2013 02:12

Agree vt22.

Go Dawgs!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home