Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Jury Duty
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 5, 2013 03:41

OK- first jury duty of my life and who do i run into but a fellow IORR-er- So we sat and chatted for hours killing time - thanks BV - you made this one possible smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-05 03:47 by hbwriter.

Re: OT - Jury Duty
Date: February 5, 2013 04:44

Hmmm. Your fellow IORR member...was he the one having to face the judge? :-)

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 5, 2013 05:42

seriously? wow - small world.

i've never run into anyone on IORR accidentally.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 5, 2013 06:17

Truth is stranger than fiction. (Did Keith get busted again?)

I had a not-as-coincidental but still "small world" event for one of my jury duties that was glorious. I was selected to sit on the jury (not how I wanted to spend my time)...and it turns out I knew one of the expert witnesses, so I got dismissed from the jury. Hallelujah!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 5, 2013 06:23

Title5Take1
Truth is stranger than fiction. (Did Keith get busted again?)

I had a not-as-coincidental but still "small world" event for one of my jury duties that was glorious. I was selected to sit on the jury (not how I wanted to spend my time)...and it turns out I knew one of the expert witnesses, so I got dismissed from the jury. Hallelujah!

I find it helps to show up unshaven with a hangover and a Motorhead T-shirt.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 5, 2013 07:16

I got out of it once just by saying these few simple words. "I think there's enough black men in prison already," I said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-06 06:08 by tatters.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 5, 2013 07:41

hbwriter
OK- first jury duty of my life and who do i run into but a fellow IORR-er- So we sat and chatted for hours killing time - thanks BV - you made this one possible smiling smiley

How did you discover each other?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 5, 2013 07:42

Is it Scotty?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 5, 2013 12:40

Got the call in 2008, Told them I suffered from depression (true) and they lost interest.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 5, 2013 13:01

Was it the IORR handshake that gave our other member away HB?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 5, 2013 14:04

Really small world.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 5, 2013 16:34

Your a writer, right?... So throw the book at him.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 5, 2013 16:54

leteyer
Really small world.

It really is. Last year on Record Store Day in Long Beach I was waiting in line to get Al Jardine's autograph, and struck up a conversation with the guy standing behind me.

I was impressed with his knowledge of the Beach Boys, and music of that era, especially because he seemed pretty young, probably around the age of my oldest son. He really knew his stuff.

After about a half-hour or so, the topic of the Stones came up, and I asked him if he ever checked out iorr.org.

Turns out he had, and posts here on a regular basis! We recognized each other's iorr-names, and it was just too funny! What an odd coincidence that in that crowd we happened to be standing there, and then start talking.

Very small world, indeed.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 5, 2013 17:28

leteyer
Really small world.

Since the Concorde doesn't exist any longer, it still takes quite a while to get anywhere.

It remains a pretty large world actually.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 5, 2013 17:56

I got called for jury duty in June of 2010. Thank heavens they didn't choose me as a juror! But, I'd NOT been in that court house on University Ave since Keith's trial there. Brought back many memories.........

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 5, 2013 22:00

You should have used the Liz Lemon method of getting out of jury duty...

It probably works even better for guys.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 5, 2013 22:49

loog droog
leteyer
Really small world.

It really is. Last year on Record Store Day in Long Beach I was waiting in line to get Al Jardine's autograph, and struck up a conversation with the guy standing behind me.

I was impressed with his knowledge of the Beach Boys, and music of that era, especially because he seemed pretty young, probably around the age of my oldest son. He really knew his stuff.

After about a half-hour or so, the topic of the Stones came up, and I asked him if he ever checked out iorr.org.

Turns out he had, and posts here on a regular basis! We recognized each other's iorr-names, and it was just too funny! What an odd coincidence that in that crowd we happened to be standing there, and then start talking.

Very small world, indeed.

Ah yes loog--twas me! That was a great moment! Who would've thought, eh? That was a great day at Fingerprints Records.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 5, 2013 22:52

zounds. i could see meeting iorrers in a holding cell.

and think of the deliberation process with a iorrer jury. the horror.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-05 22:53 by Natlanta.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 5, 2013 23:03

Natlanta
zounds. i could see meeting iorrers in a holding cell.

and think of the deliberation process with a iorrer jury. the horror.

There'd probably be a mistrial because a fist fight broke out in the deliberation room between a Taylorite and a Woodite.

Not to mention somebody would probably be held in contempt for showing up dressed in a sequin jumpsuit.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 5, 2013 23:11

They supposedly select people at random but I got three jury duty notices in the last ten years so I must be on some kind of hotlist.

They usually show a ridiculous orientation film and explain the difference between real life jury duty and what you see in the movies- telling the jurors not to go out and investigate the crime on their own as if anyone is stupid enough to do that.

Date: February 5, 2013 23:23

FrankM
They supposedly select people at random but I got three jury duty notices in the last ten years so I must be on some kind of hotlist.

They usually show a ridiculous orientation film and explain the difference between real life jury duty and what you see in the movies- telling the jurors not to go out and investigate the crime on their own as if anyone is stupid enough to do that.

i just got back from investigating the crime scene - what's i miss??

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 5, 2013 23:58

Turn up in a suit with a copy if the Times. The lawyers don't like people who look intelligent.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2013 00:09

hbwriter
OK- first jury duty of my life

you didn't tell us the main thing? Did you manage to save Gazza's head or did he get full sentence? >grinning smiley<
We miss him at IORR.

Date: February 6, 2013 00:43

hbwriter

OK, so exactly how did you get to the point where you knew he was on IORR? Was that the ice-breaker, or did the topic of the Stones come up in conversation?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 6, 2013 00:52

I think hbwriter has a gag........................the judge and jury walk out hand in hand.

Date: February 6, 2013 02:01

loog droog
hbwriter

OK, so exactly how did you get to the point where you knew he was on IORR? Was that the ice-breaker, or did the topic of the Stones come up in conversation?

he said "hey Chris!" - we'd met at one of my book signings - hey loog - kind like you! smiling smiley

Date: February 6, 2013 02:07

I imagined a situation where you see him reading one of your books, start talking to him, and then he recommends it to you!

Those accidental IORR encounters...."Life's Rich Pageant!"

Date: February 6, 2013 02:11

loog droog
I imagined a situation where you see him reading one of your books, start talking to him, and then he recommends it to you!

Those accidental IORR encounters...."Life's Rich Pageant!"

smiling smiley

Date: February 6, 2013 02:49

It was me! Made the time go by very quickly. Chris is a great guy. Lotta great rock n roll stories. It was nice talkin' to someone with the same interests. I try talking to my freinds about music and their eyes kinda glaze over after a minute or two. I'm sure we all have some freinds like that. LOL. I got let go but Chris has to go back. Urgh!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2013 02:59

[email protected]
It was me! Made the time go by very quickly. Chris is a great guy. Lotta great rock n roll stories. It was nice talkin' to someone with the same interests. I try talking to my freinds about music and their eyes kinda glaze over after a minute or two. I'm sure we all have some freinds like that. LOL. I got let go but Chris has to go back. Urgh!

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

do I win the prize for guessing correctly (see above)?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home