Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Best Version Of Oh No Not You Again?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 31, 2012 21:34

Re: Best Version Of Oh No Not You Again?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 31, 2012 22:43

The Best version of this song? That's like asking which McDonald's sandwich is most nutritious.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 31, 2012 22:48

jamesfdouglas
The Best version of this song? That's like asking which McDonald's sandwich is most nutritious.

nothing unhealthy about mcdonald's food...unless you eat it, of course.

Date: December 31, 2012 23:02

Best is on light the fuse, Toronto, imo.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: January 1, 2013 02:01

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 1, 2013 02:17

The one they showed on the website before/after (?) the release, where it seemed like it could have been a Some Girls song.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: January 1, 2013 02:56

Can`t imagine a best version !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 1, 2013 05:00

JohnnyBGoode

Yep that was not bad and I remember everyone was pretty excited after hearing that in May 2005 (the 10th if memory serves)...too bad ONNYA turned out to be rather boring on ABB.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 1, 2013 05:40

Honestly I love ONNYA. The reason it was dismissed is the fact that Ronnie is so low in the mix. At shows like Columbus 05 when they played it on the bstage you could hear the bass louder than the guitars. Keith usually does those slow fills whereas Ronnie does the rhythm work. Ronnie, live, is the heart of the song, but he is always too low in the mix.

I love that 1st version. Rough, no backing vocals or irritating acoustic guitar by Blondie. Just raw rocknroll.

Best song on ABB, followed by Let Me Down Slow.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 1, 2013 05:46

gotdablouse
[
Yep that was not bad and I remember everyone was pretty excited after hearing that in May 2005 (the 10th if memory serves)...too bad ONNYA turned out to be rather boring on ABB.

I agree. The whole mini-set is tight and well-performed, but I remember being particularly impressed with Oh No, Not You Again. Keith's solo kicked ass here, but like you, I was less impressed with the studio take - Keith's solo, especially.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: January 1, 2013 15:16

I love the Julliard version!

Date: January 1, 2013 15:21

flacnvinyl
Honestly I love ONNYA. The reason it was dismissed is the fact that Ronnie is so low in the mix. At shows like Columbus 05 when they played it on the bstage you could hear the bass louder than the guitars. Keith usually does those slow fills whereas Ronnie does the rhythm work. Ronnie, live, is the heart of the song, but he is always too low in the mix.

I love that 1st version. Rough, no backing vocals or irritating acoustic guitar by Blondie. Just raw rocknroll.

Best song on ABB, followed by Let Me Down Slow.

and just when i think there's hope for our drake, i am presented with something like this....

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: January 1, 2013 15:33

jamesfdouglas

OK that was really funny -- but I agree with the OP - it's a good song!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 1, 2013 15:58

PNC Park
Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: January 1, 2013 16:49

MingSubu
PNC Park
Pittsburgh, Pa

what year? that's my home town

Posted by: doster ()
Date: January 1, 2013 17:56

9/28/05 Great show one of the best I saw that year.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 1, 2013 23:30

Big Al
gotdablouse
[

I agree. The whole mini-set is tight and well-performed, but I remember being particularly impressed with Oh No, Not You Again. Keith's solo kicked ass here, but like you, I was less impressed with the studio take - Keith's solo, especially.

Yep, odd how they managed to mess it up on ABB isn't it...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 2, 2013 02:50

All you moaners slagging off modern day Stones, you're all sounding like old farts coming out of the closet. You know who you are. Get some good bump and pour some scotch and start enjoy life and the fact that we've got the lads rocking for 50+ years now, why don't you sign up for some sh**e radiohead fan page instead if you don't like longevity??? You never come up with constructive critiscism, just moaning about stupid stuff. Stones is ROCK n ROLL. Not a Wagner opera. (Not that it's something wrong with Wagner).

I agree with BigAl and flacvinyl, best version is the first time we heard it in NY City. The album version is rather odd and not produced very good (protools?). Live it was the highlight of the whole tour, I went to 26 shows and Tumbling Dice, TPIE, ONNYA and MR were great whenever they were performed. Both SOL and ONNYA sounds 1000 times better live than on the record.

Date: January 2, 2013 02:54

MadMax
All you moaners slagging off modern day Stones, you're all sounding like old farts coming out of the closet. You know who you are. .

i know who were are. and who are who are you to slag us old farts???

Date: January 2, 2013 02:58

Does that mean old farts don't smell so bad, like young farts?

Date: January 2, 2013 03:02

MadMax
All you moaners slagging off modern day Stones, you're all sounding like old farts coming out of the closet. You know who you are. Get some good bump and pour some scotch and start enjoy life and the fact that we've got the lads rocking for 50+ years now, why don't you sign up for some sh**e radiohead fan page instead if you don't like longevity??? You never come up with constructive critiscism, just moaning about stupid stuff. Stones is ROCK n ROLL. Not a Wagner opera. (Not that it's something wrong with Wagner).

I agree with BigAl and flacvinyl, best version is the first time we heard it in NY City. The album version is rather odd and not produced very good (protools?). Live it was the highlight of the whole tour, I went to 26 shows and Tumbling Dice, TPIE, ONNYA and MR were great whenever they were performed. Both SOL and ONNYA sounds 1000 times better live than on the record.

Pro Tools is not the reason why ONNYA is such a bland song. Pro Tools does not produce a song, it records a song. It's a bland song because it's a bland song. Jimmy Miller would have said 'Toss this trash in the garbage'. Just like SOL. There are better rockers on A Bigger Bang than ONNYA.

Date: January 2, 2013 03:06

GasLightStreet

i thought it was the sound of old farts that was objectionable. stop changing the subject.

Date: January 2, 2013 03:09

StonesTod
GasLightStreet

i thought it was the sound of old farts that was objectionable. stop changing the subject.

Ah, the sound of old farts. Like "looking back at the beginning of the Universe" as those people think. Why who would object at listening back to the future?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 2, 2013 03:11

The song is marred by poor lyrics but it does rock musically.

Date: January 2, 2013 03:13

Why does it kick arse live then??

When played in Paris 2006 it got me wanna s**g a whole army of chicks. it's more than your sh**ty radiohead or muse or whatever you get off to does.

Date: January 2, 2013 03:16

i know who were are. and who are who are you to slag us old farts???"

I ain't slagging you off, I'm just tired of hearing the same old moaning. I'm just greatful the lads get me up in the morning and still performing live and all. I just wanna complain they left off How Can I Stop? from the the new box set. Bet Keith didnae decided the track order on it I guess hehe

Date: January 2, 2013 03:20

MadMax
Why does it kick arse live then??

When played in Paris 2006 it got me wanna s**g a whole army of chicks. it's more than your sh**ty radiohead or muse or whatever you get off to does.

Easy there old timer. You think it's great, a lot of people think it sucks. Whatever dude.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 2, 2013 04:08

jamesfdouglas

Exactly. There ain't no good version of it, they're ALL 'orrible, cos' it's an 'orrible tune !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: January 2, 2013 04:28

I love that Juilliard version of its first time being played live...

[www.youtube.com] the 'cornflakes concert'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-02 04:34 by tumbled.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: January 2, 2013 10:45

great vesion.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home