Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tour 2013 : Coachella is announced on mobile App
Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: January 3, 2013 21:06

Happy24
Cocaine Eyes
Is there an app for old folks who don't have the app, don't want the app and don't even know what the freakin' app is?

grinning smiley

I don't think I am old, but I have the same problem. And the posted picture of the app (whatever that is) says, they were playing 2012-12-27. It must be official then!

Probably fair to go with at least tentative until affirmatively disproven.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: January 3, 2013 22:41

The efestivals forum, which is probably the major forum for discussing Glastonbury, is full of posts which are talking as if The Stones are as good as confirmed for headlinging the Pyramid stage on Saturday at Glastonbury. efestivals has them listed as strongly rumoured for Saturday night. They are usually pretty good with their predictions.

Peter

vintagerock

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 00:28

Dan
dcba
Daft Punk on top of the bill? grinning smiley

Daft Punk is absolutely headline material.

I don't understand it either but that's how it is.

Daft Punk is playing at my house:

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:19

If the Stones do Glasto and I can't get a ticket then I'm gonna parachute in for the gig!!!

\m/

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:36

Another hint?

[livemusicblog.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 09:55

Since we are in the middle of speculations, I will come with another hint. It looks like nothing, but I consider it more serious than "a source close to the band revealed" type of news.

The thing is, that Charlie's ABC&D played Wiener Metropol in Vienna the last week in March the last three years. It is only logical to assume they would do it again this year. Sure, there is absolutely no real reason they would have to, but it feels logical and Wiener Metropol still has a gap in the program there. The tickets were already on sale by this time in the previous years. So it looks like Charlie might not be free for ABC&D in March. Of course the reason might be completely different, but I just guess I am right.

Date: January 7, 2013 08:18

MarcJ
As mentionned yesterday, new tour dates are appearing now on the mobile App, now Indio CA - Coachella - Apr 12th 2013 12:15 PM !

Yesterday there was already something about Huntlington NY dec 27th

Anybody have seen these dates too ?

Date has changed. I don't see it picked up/reflected in the thread. Wouldn't want anyone turning up early, needlessly. Posted on Dec. 27th

The latest leak adds Missy Elliott, Lana Del Rey, Boys Noize, Fiona Apple, The Prodigy, Passion Pit and The xx to the already leaked (and assumed) headliners The Rolling Stones. A key difference: This lineup moves the Stones to a Sunday performance — earlier leaks had them taking the stage on Friday.
tinyurl.com/aubs4fh

That would be Sunday, April 14th.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 7, 2013 18:36

What a horrific lineup. Do they supply sleeping bags?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 7, 2013 19:26

alhavu1
What a horrific lineup. Do they supply sleeping bags?

Sick bags perhaps

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 7, 2013 19:36

I was an advocate of the Stones hitting a lot of the major festivals but I don't think they are going to play. The festival itself is such an attraction now that they don't need pay $7 million or so each weekend for a single headliner and the organizers don't want tens of thousands of people buying 3 day tickets only to show up for the last few hours.

Paul McCartney and Roger Waters were flukes, they haven't had a classic rock headliner since.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 10, 2013 04:57

So much for all those done deal. The Stones will play Coachella rumours. Bowie instead. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 10, 2013 08:10

That can't be for real unless there's a Replacements reunion coming out of the blue and there's nothing about that on either of the 'Mats/Westerberg sites I frequent.

Posted by: Tropical_Disease ()
Date: January 10, 2013 18:47

the Facebook lineup is fake

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 10, 2013 18:53

I think it's fake. There's no way Daft Punk and Yeah Yeah Yeahs would get a bigger billing than Lou Reed. Also, they spelled David Byrne wrong.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 10, 2013 19:10

The "Coachella Lineup" page is not an official page. The official page is "Coachella". Nothing announced.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:38

Happy24
Since we are in the middle of speculations, I will come with another hint. It looks like nothing, but I consider it more serious than "a source close to the band revealed" type of news.

The thing is, that Charlie's ABC&D played Wiener Metropol in Vienna the last week in March the last three years. It is only logical to assume they would do it again this year. Sure, there is absolutely no real reason they would have to, but it feels logical and Wiener Metropol still has a gap in the program there. The tickets were already on sale by this time in the previous years. So it looks like Charlie might not be free for ABC&D in March. Of course the reason might be completely different, but I just guess I am right.

Charlie's booking agent says that he is occupied with the Stones and not booking any solo dates at this time.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: January 10, 2013 22:39

Oh, and of course the Coachella lineup you've seen is fake - any poster you see before the actual announcement has been made up by a speculator.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 11, 2013 00:33

GumbootCloggeroo
I think it's fake. There's no way Daft Punk and Yeah Yeah Yeahs would get a bigger billing than Lou Reed. Also, they spelled David Byrne wrong.

They absolutely would.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Date: January 26, 2013 03:10

DEmerson

The Coachella Festival is notorious for this kind of publicity stunt. The Rolling Stones have never played at Coachella and have no plans to do so, but that hasn't stopped rumors from spreading every year that the Rolling Stones are "close to signing a deal" to perform at the festival. And these rumors are spread even when the band isn't on tour the year that the Stones will supposedly play at the festival. It's unrealistic that Stones would end a hiatus just to play at a festival in which they are one of many acts on the bill.

DEmerson — how did you know that there were no plans to do so?

It should be pretty apparent now, that Coachella was at least under consideration and that its disqualifying factor, was that it was [said] to have been too soon for them.

Now, apply some hindsight to the batting averages of the remains of the naysayers here. Wouldn't it be funny if they pick up Coachella on some later pass back through in say 2014 or 2015 which is feasible looking at their touring tracks from the past. Call it the Never Festival.

;—)

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 26, 2013 19:28

Too soon, or they couldn't get the fee they wanted?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: January 27, 2013 00:41

bam
Too soon, or they couldn't get the fee they wanted?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Got anything to support the latter? We'll have hindsight when tour schedule(s) roll out and can see where the Coachella dates line up with what plays out.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 27, 2013 09:41

Now that the Coachella lineup has been announced, I think it's quite possible that they were holding the Saturday headline slot for the Stones. Friday (Blur/Stone Roses) and Sunday (Chili Peppers) are spoken for, but there's no way Phoenix is a headline act for Saturday. Negotiations fell through with someone and they'll need to add one more headliner.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home