Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tour 2013 : Coachella is announced on mobile App
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 14, 2012 21:55

Max'sKansasCity
Dan

I am surprised there was not more reaction to this post.

It's from the Coachella 2013 Fake Poster Thread !!

[www.coachella.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2012 22:20

Nasty Habits

Yeah it has now come up on my app to. Looks like it could actually be happening.

Yep, now on the Android-App too.

Seems to be no coincidence .....

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: December 14, 2012 22:44

The information is back on the list on my mobile app and many fans have relayed the news on twitter and in online websites.
It is turning to be the first real Information we have about a tour in 2013 !

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 22:46

my android app:

Newark Prudential Center - 15 Dec. 2012
Indio, CA - 12. April 2013

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 00:14 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 14, 2012 22:51

Can now see it in the app as well and even could leave a comment on the post. If this is real we will probably hear about it very very soon.
I must say I was sceptical at first and thought it was a photoshop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 23:12 by ohotos.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 23:27

From Rolling Stone Magazine ...

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: December 14, 2012 23:46

Irix
On the Android-App is at the moment only one upcoming tour date: 15 Dec. Newark Prudential Center.

Some minutes ago there was still the film screening on 27 Dec. at Huntington NY Cinema Arts Centre visible.

No Coachella on the Android-App. Maybe a mistake or tomorrow at the Pay-per-View is more to come .....

Coachella was juston the Android app as well...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 15, 2012 00:39

The Polo Grounds at Coachella is on level, flat ground. It would be like standing at the back of the crowd in Rio. Still nice to be there, mind you, just saying.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 03:51

...saw Huntington date on app, but not Indio. Now Huntington date is gone as well. The poster is encouraging if it is legit.

Date: December 15, 2012 03:55

...will check app again... Yeah, Coachella itself doesn't thrill me, and there's only one other band playing on the bill those days that I'd be interested in seeing...but I'd be there.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 15, 2012 04:04

donnarq1
...saw Huntington date on app, but not Indio. Now Huntington date is gone as well. The poster is encouraging if it is legit.

The poster is never legit

Date: December 15, 2012 04:11

Okay.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 15, 2012 05:30

The Huntington date seemed to be based on an art exhibit, featuring Ronnie.
Coachella was there but now...

It's GONE!

Teaser Mania!
I love it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 15, 2012 05:39

I can confirm I will see several shows in California (and the west coast) as soon as the Stones confirm the tour dates. thumbs up

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 06:06

I've heard so many people complain about the heat at the Coachella Festival. Maybe it won't be so hot this year. I've never been to one of the festivals, but I've been in that Indio area by the Salton Sea and it was dreadful. Just like the movie THE SALTON SEA (starring Val Kilmer) suggests.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:23

I, for one, hope it's not Coachella. They require all of their artists to not play shows in the area for 90 days. The rare act gets an exemption and I hope they do because I have no interest in go to Coachella. It's a mess. No interest in camping or getting there at the crack of dawn to have a shot at a decent position later in the night.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 07:58

Oh, yuck. I have had to go to Coachella five of the past seven years to see friends perform and it's far and hot and I don't like it. I sure hope the band plays Staples in February. It's certainly not for the money they'd play the festival. They can't pay them anywhere near what they get for an arena gig. I suspect Goldenvoice will allow the Stones an exemption to play elsewhere, especially if they co-promote (they are owned by AEG these days).

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2012 08:34

The kids love Coachella.... and it is a monster seller, has been for a long time. btw- McCartney played it couple of years ago.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:43

I'd be curious who posted the announcement. Who demanded it be taken down. Who got in trouble...

It was floated the last couple of years that the Smiths would reunite at Coachella. The organizers were downright desperate for it. Didn't happen.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: December 18, 2012 23:39

The local paper there, The Desert Sun, added:

One unconfirmed report to The Desert Sun speculated that the group might be seeking a share of the concessions to play the 2013 festival.

www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012312140007

All still in the Hummers category.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:18

That article is written by a moron rehashing idle speculation on a message board.

The Stones are not playing Coachella.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 19, 2012 00:41

Max'sKansasCity
I think it is bad form for people who KNOW the information about upcoming tour dates to take part in these speculation threads WITHOUT giving any guidance. It that fun? Is it fun to say ""nah nah nah I know and you dont... nah nah nah and later I will tell you how I got a hotel because I KNEW the dates, even though I acted like I didnt when I posted in speculation threads."" That is bad form. It may be better to not say anything than post like you dont know, only to show up later and tell that you did.

If thats aimed at me, no one has posted on this thread that they 'know' anything. Only that the band havent announced anything. Personally, I havent a clue where the Stones are playing next year and havent claimed that I have.

Can you please show me where I did what youve alleged (in bold) because I never at any time claimed I didnt know the London dates, but as I was told not to post them publicly, I was happy to forward the info privately to anyone who asked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 00:56 by Gazza.

Date: January 1, 2013 00:58

SecondSet
That article is written by a moron rehashing idle speculation on a message board.

The Stones are not playing Coachella.

I guess it was the lack of dispute on the paper's part if they would have found any.

Anything besides your assurance on this being misinformation?

Since it came via their app, seems worth giving some credence to along with some further looking into by folks down there on the ground. And maybe rattling the paper's cage a little.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2013 01:09

Daft Punk on top of the bill? grinning smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 1, 2013 04:29

Last year's lineup was announced January 9th

Date: January 1, 2013 05:21

Dan
Last year's lineup was announced January 9th

If they're embargoed from disclosing, then whenever their release date is may then necessarily get pushed back. What would their choice be? Announce before Stones people OK? Announce w/o disclosing the headliner? Delay announcement?

Regardless, thanks Dan, I'll be watching for any release from there as well.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 2, 2013 07:30

dcba
Daft Punk on top of the bill? grinning smiley

Daft Punk is absolutely headline material.

I don't understand it either but that's how it is.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 2, 2013 09:33

Cocaine Eyes
Is there an app for old folks who don't have the app, don't want the app and don't even know what the freakin' app is?

grinning smiley

I don't think I am old, but I have the same problem. And the posted picture of the app (whatever that is) says, they were playing 2012-12-27. It must be official then!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 2, 2013 21:15

Let's throw another possibility into the mix:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Olympic stadium 'to host rock concerts by July'
By Adrian Warner Sports News Correspondent, BBC London

London's Olympic Stadium is set to be re-opened in July with a series of rock concerts, BBC London has learned.

Concert promoters were impressed by the live music at the closing ceremonies of the Olympics and Paralympics.

Final contracts are yet to be signed but the plan is for some concerts traditionally held at Hyde Park to head east.

Dennis Hone, chief executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation, said it was an "exciting" opportunity.

He said: "The exciting thing for us is that we have the opportunity to put on some major events in the park - some music events and festivals and an anniversary weekend on 27 and 28 July.

"We hope to announce the content in the coming weeks."

Hyde Park has staged rock concerts for decades but complaints about noise levels have almost doubled since 2008.

Last year Westminster Council took a decision to reduce the number of concerts every year from 13 to nine.

The council also cut the number of people who could attend events from 80,000 to 65,000 and, in some cases, to 50,000.

A spokesman for The Royal Parks confirmed that a total of eight concerts would still take place at Hyde Park this year.

The Olympic Stadium is expected to become a major rival to London's other major concert venues - Wembley and the 02 Arena.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 2, 2013 23:35

If they play stadiums I think it will be roofed ones. Wembley or Cardiff come to mind.

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home