Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tour 2013 : Coachella is announced on mobile App
Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: December 14, 2012 16:26

As mentionned yesterday, new tour dates are appearing now on the mobile App, now Indio CA - Coachella - Apr 12th 2013 12:15 PM !

Yesterday there was already something about Huntlington NY dec 27th

Anybody have seen these dates too ?

Re: Tour 2013 : Coachella is announced on mobile App
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:03

There must be an app for that.... maybe an app to get the app?

Let us know if you evber get the real info, Coachella is pretty cool

Date: December 14, 2012 17:29

This is the official Rolling Stones Mobile App for i-Phone

It means the Rolling Stones are touring in 2013 !!!!!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:34

Is there an app for old folks who don't have the app, don't want the app and don't even know what the freakin' app is?

grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:35

On the Android-App is at the moment only one upcoming tour date: 15 Dec. Newark Prudential Center.

Some minutes ago there was still the film screening on 27 Dec. at Huntington NY Cinema Arts Centre visible, now it's gone.

No Coachella on the Android-App at the moment. Maybe a mistake or tomorrow at the Pay-per-View is more to come .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 10:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:37

Nothing here on my iFone, just the Newark one

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:37

Maybe a good bit of photoshop going on, I have the app and that's not showing on mine unless they've now taken those dates down.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:44

What's coachella? Sounds like a bus service

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 17:44 by chop.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:45

A prehistoric fish.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:47

Just Newark showing on my Apple phone.

Posted by: DEmerson ()

Coachella is a big festival in California, near Palm Springs. My iPhone Stones App also as of 10:45am on 12/14 under Tour also only shows Newark tomorrow for Upcoming.

No Photoshop for this new. I would suspect a bug in the program....and some good news leaking....

Date: December 14, 2012 17:49

I wasn't 'swearing' - I guess the MBs don't like the word 'I Phone'. ;-)

Date: December 14, 2012 17:50

Now it is gone also on my i-Phone......they seems to have solved the bug....to late....

Date: December 14, 2012 17:59

This from 'the examiner' - for what it's worth:
[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones will not be playing the 2013 Glastonbury Festival in England, say sources close to the band. British tabloid The Sun feuled the rumor by publishing a story saying that the Stones were close to signing a deal to perform at the festival. It's true that Stones were invited to perform at Glastonbury, but it's not true that they are close to signing a deal, and the band won't be performing at the festival in 2013.

Every year, there are false rumors that the Stones will be performing at a major music festival. These rumors are usually started by the festival promoters/organizers who have invited the Rolling Stones to perform at the festival and hope that the band will say "yes" if the story is put out in the media that the Stones might perform at the festival. The rumors are started to generate public interest and boost ticket sales for the event, since there are gullible fans who will buy tickets "just in case" the Stones perform at the festival.

The Coachella Festival is notorious for this kind of publicity stunt. The Rolling Stones have never played at Coachella and have no plans to do so, but that hasn't stopped rumors from spreading every year that the Rolling Stones are "close to signing a deal" to perform at the festival. And these rumors are spread even when the band isn't on tour the year that the Stones will supposedly play at the festival. It's unrealistic that Stones would end a hiatus just to play at a festival in which they are one of many acts on the bill.

Here's what an unnamed source told The Sun about the Stones performing at Glastonbury in 2013: “The band are gearing up for a load of live dates but tend to leave big decisions like this until the last minute. Michael Eavis is desperate to get the band confirmed and has made initial contact with their people. It would be a massive coup to get the band playing Glasto on what could be their last round of live dates. Getting a decision from the whole band can be tough and at the moment they are without an agent for live shows, which is not helping the situation. But there is a good chance 2013 will finally be the year they make it.”

Take that information for whatever you think it's worth. Until an official announcement is made about the Stones doing concerts in 2013, it's best to be skeptical of these tabloid stories. As of now, the Rolling Stones have not confirmed any concert dates for 2013.

Date: December 14, 2012 18:00

MarcJ
Now it is gone also on my i-Phone......they seems to have solved the bug....to late....

Thanks though... could be a sign of things to come.

Someday I am apt to get an app but for now I am more apt to call my friend pat

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:18

MarcJ
This is the official Rolling Stones Mobile App for i-Phone

It means the Rolling Stones are touring in 2013 !!!!!

It also 'means' theyre playing a show in a cinema in Huntingdon, NY on December 27th, in case you hadnt noticed.

I detect a minor but significant flaw in your 'logic'.

Date: December 14, 2012 18:21

There is an another thread about the Huntington news

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:24

Max'sKansasCity
MarcJ

Thanks though... could be a sign of things to come.

Someday I am apt to get an app but for now I am more apt to call my friend pat

I agree this may be an unintentional clue. My prediction (hope) for 2013.

After a nice long holiday season break the Stones announce a series of shows (with Mick Taylor) in LA to take place around the time of the grammies (Feb 10). And then a series of shows/mini tours during Feb, March & April in 5-10 cities around the world (Like they did in London and are doing in NY/NJ). Then a few festivals in US and Europe over the summer.

I have no sources - this is just my speculation based on how things seem to be playing out.

btw - it's obvious Mick is calling the shots (and I love Keith, Charlie & Ronnie so this is no knock on them) and is the brains and driver behind this great 50th anniversary mini-tour. He's smart enough not to commit or go public with any bigger plans before he knows they can handle it (and before the ppv and NJ/NY ticket sales are done). I know most people here do realize how talented he is, but I think we sometimes don't realize how unique he is. Incredible talent, incredible energy, incredible brains, all uniquely mixed together with a "f*ck it all" bravado.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:30

MarcJ
There is an another thread about the Huntington news

Calling it 'news' is a bit of a stretch, Marc.

"Non event" might be more appropriate.

The 'Stones for Coachella' thing comes up every year. Even when theyre not on tour.

They havent confirmed anything for next year. If anything, what you got is probably a test run for something else. This sort of thing has happened before (Spreckles Theatre, LA 27/10/02 being another example of a non existent show that was listed about a year in advance which at the time had Stones fans getting excited over nothing)

Date: December 14, 2012 18:38

I think it is bad form for people who KNOW the information about upcoming tour dates to take part in these speculation threads WITHOUT giving any guidance. It that fun? Is it fun to say ""nah nah nah I know and you dont... nah nah nah and later I will tell you how I got a hotel because I KNEW the dates, even though I acted like I didnt when I posted in speculation threads."" That is bad form. It may be better to not say anything than post like you dont know, only to show up later and tell that you did.

Date: December 14, 2012 18:41

ok I was just sharing some information from the official Rolling Stones Application.I still believe this source was valuable, but forget it.

Date: December 14, 2012 18:42

MarcJ
ok I was just sharing some information from the official Rolling Stones Application.I still believe this source was valuable, but forget it.

I appreciate you posting the info you did Marc, at least you are trying to help us. Donr be disuaded by anyone.... Keep on posting this type of stuff, the more the better..... because people who do know, dont tell.... and that is fine I understand the soruces will stop telling them if they spill... but why particupate in specualtion, when they KNOW?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 18:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 14, 2012 18:42

Date: December 14, 2012 18:46

Dan

BOOM!!!

Date: December 14, 2012 18:46

Nice post Dan!!!

Date: December 14, 2012 18:47

If Mick want to get a new younger crowd, Coachella is the place to do it.

Date: December 14, 2012 21:31

Dan

I am surprised there was not more reaction to this post.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: December 14, 2012 21:37

Yeah it has now come up on my app to. Looks like it could actually be happening.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: December 14, 2012 21:55

Waddya you know - on my App now too!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home