Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 4, 2015 19:46

Stoneburst
Swiss is banned as well? What the hell is going on on this board, a campaign to get rid of intelligent women?

...Do you mean to suggest that there is s-s-s-s... something eye popping smiley happening on IORR?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-04 20:24 by HearMeKnockin.

,Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 4, 2015 20:10

If a poster like swiss gets banned just for talking about ice cream, there's something very wrong.

Date: July 4, 2015 20:12

redacted smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-04 20:24 by HearMeKnockin.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2015 20:13

I hope swiss re-appears.

A valued and respected member... who's contributions are irreplaceable.

Re: ,Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 4, 2015 20:41

Green Lady
If a poster like swiss gets banned just for talking about ice cream, there's something very wrong.

I guess if Ben and Jerry's had a Stones themed flavor it wouldn't have been a problem.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 4, 2015 20:48

Green Lady

Indeed.

Date: July 4, 2015 21:41

Dreamer
Green Lady

Indeed.

I agree. ...and if you saw my comments before I edited them, you knew that already... smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 4, 2015 21:43

HearMeKnockin
Dreamer
Green Lady

Indeed.

I agree. ...and if you saw my comments before I edited them, you knew that already... smiling smiley

Be honest, did you edit them because they involved the word toast?

Date: July 4, 2015 21:45

Stoneburst
HearMeKnockin
Dreamer
Green Lady

Indeed.

Be honest, did you edit them because they involved the word toast?

Sure... we'll go with that... don't get me banned, Stoneburst, please... because obviously discussing food is not allowed on this board.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 5, 2015 00:51

andrewt
Yeah that's odd. I mean, I can totally relate to "f!cking right I'm at a Stones show. Life is good" and "wow, Gimme Shelter has really lost its edge" equally.

It doesn't always have to be a zero sum equation.

It's a strange duality you and I seem to possess...... I'll try it again-

"Loved the Pittsburgh show, was really hoping for CYHMK or YGM, but MR absolutely smoked! Great show!"

Is this statement possible???

Date: July 5, 2015 00:53

Stoneburst
Swiss is banned as well? What the hell is going on on this board, a campaign to get rid of intelligent women?

Intelligent women who talk about ice cream mock us.....we fear them.

Date: July 5, 2015 01:37

Thrylan
andrewt
Yeah that's odd. I mean, I can totally relate to "f!cking right I'm at a Stones show. Life is good" and "wow, Gimme Shelter has really lost its edge" equally.

"Loved the Pittsburgh show, was really hoping for CYHMK or YGM, but MR absolutely smoked! Great show!"

No. Here's the correct statement: "Loved the Pittsburgh show, MR absolutely smoked, and the setlist was PERFECT! Great show!"

How dare you wish for a song they didn't play, and act like the Stones aren't gods and do everything absolutely perfectly.

Date: July 5, 2015 01:49

thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 5, 2015 02:09

bleedingman
Green Lady

I guess if Ben and Jerry's had a Stones themed flavor it wouldn't have been a problem.

Well, after the ice cream thread got deleted, it was immediately refloated as "the Rolling Stones and ice cream," and I think that actually may have been the problem--that repeating the same thread but with a Stones emphasis was perceived as a bit too in-your-face, or in bv's face. (Not taking a position here, just speculating on what might have happened. It's unfortunate however you look at it, though.)

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 5, 2015 02:15

Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

Well, after the ice cream thread got deleted, it was immediately refloated as "the Rolling Stones and ice cream," and I think that actually may have been the problem--that repeating the same thread but with a Stones emphasis was perceived as a bit too in-your-face, or in bv's face. (Not taking a position here, just speculating on what might have happened. It's unfortunate however you look at it, though.)

For what it's worth, I was the first to post on the 'new' thread you mention, and suggested the poster contact the site administrator via email with any concerns over content regulation, a procedure that has been stated before...

Olly.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 5, 2015 02:16

Date: July 5, 2015 03:56

Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

Yes, but why was it deleted in the first place? confused smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 5, 2015 04:08

HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

Because the site moderator deemed it appropriate to do so.

Olly.

Date: July 5, 2015 04:15

Olly
For what it's worth, I was the first to post on the 'new' thread you mention, and suggested the poster contact the site administrator via email with any concerns over content regulation, a procedure that has been stated before...

This would of course never have occurred to Swiss, who has only been posting here for the best part of the last decade.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 5, 2015 05:13

Thrylan
andrewt

Possible and necessary. If you rate songs and albums why not individual performances during a concert?

So many knowledgeable posters could be pointing out the keepers.
They're all fun in the moment, but posterity needs to be considered,
And there's a legacy to uphold.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 5, 2015 09:59

HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

Don't ask me!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 5, 2015 12:12

HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

... I wasn't around for any of the unfortunate occurrences, but everyone who's been a denizen of iorr for a while
knows that bv sometimes clears OT threads off the front pages, according to his own criteria.
Everyone who's been a denizen of iorr for a while also knows that it's not a good idea
to respond to that by posting a thread questioning bv's judgement. If swiss did that
instead of (or in addition to?) contacting bv in private about it, all I can think
is that she was doing it deliberately to get bv's goat, and she got it. I'm sorry she was banned
but I'm sure it wasn't simply ice cream that got her there. She'd been saying
she was unhappy with bv's policies so for all we know she asked bv to close her account.

In any case I hope the disagreement blows over because she did post lots of worthy stuff;
her Altamont-related projects are of interest to pretty much everybody here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 12:14 by with sssoul.

Date: July 5, 2015 13:07

with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

... I wasn't around for any of the unfortunate occurrences, but everyone who's been a denizen of iorr for a while
knows that bv sometimes clears OT threads off the front pages, according to his own criteria.
Everyone who's been a denizen of iorr for a while also knows that it's not a good idea
to respond to that by posting a thread questioning bv's judgement. If swiss did that
instead of (or in addition to?) contacting bv in private about it, all I can think
is that she was doing it deliberately to get bv's goat, and she got it. I'm sorry she was banned
she was unhappy with bv's policies so for all we know she asked bv to close her account.

In any case I hope the disagreement blows over because she did post lots of worthy stuff;

She was participating in a bunch of threads right up until she was banned (including the Jim Dickinson one that she herself started), so IMO it seems unlikely that her repost was intended as suicide by cop, although I could be wrong. Honestly, I don't blame her for reposting it, since it's hard to understand why BV would want to nuke a totally harmless thread about ice cream. Perhaps she thought there had been a misunderstanding or a server glitch.

Anyhow, it's sad, and yet another example of this forum's arbitrary, heavy handed and frequently misdirected banning policy. There probably was more to it than ice cream, yes, but I sincerely hope her (totally justified) comments on sexism weren't a factor.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 5, 2015 13:14

with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

I didn't see what happened between the disappearance of the ice cream and the disappearance of swiss, so maybe there was more to it than just ice cream. bv hasn't got a lot of time for iorr maintenance at the moment, so all sorts of things get swept out in the periodic spring-cleaning, and as you say, we know he doesn't like food threads though I have no idea why. I hope we don't lose swiss permanently - we have lost too many good and interesting people.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 5, 2015 15:55

Swiss' account seems to be still active.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 5, 2015 18:31

Green Lady
with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

I didn't see what happened between the disappearance of the ice cream and the disappearance of swiss, so maybe there was more to it than just ice cream. bv hasn't got a lot of time for iorr maintenance at the moment, so all sorts of things get swept out in the periodic spring-cleaning, and as you say, we know he doesn't like food threads though I have no idea why. I hope we don't lose swiss permanently - we have lost too many good and interesting people.

I seriously doubt she was trying to get bv's goat, that would be totally out of character for her, hell she even made an attempt to get the thread on topic so she was obviously trying to follow the rules, assuming of course the the reason we can't talk about food is because it's OT, which is all I can logically conclude. And I never heard her express displeasure with bv's policies, she made some comments about sexism in rock and roll and on this board but I seriously doubt those are bv's policies. Anyway, we all can acknowledge her amazing contributions to pertinent Rolling Stones topics here and that the board will be less without them.

I've seen OT discussions of beer and alcohol go to the limit here so put me in the clueless category about the food taboo. I know bv has suggested he doesn't like to see too many OT threads, that's understandable, but I've never seen him clear he front page of them, he's generally pretty tolerant of them evidenced by the fact there are half a dozen or more of them on the front page at any given time. But I must admit I'm scared to talk about Keith's Shepard Pie's winking smiley

I know bv had a thread a while back titled "The Purpose of IORR" or something like that, perhaps it's time I (and others) went back and had a glance at it.

Date: July 5, 2015 18:43

Naturalust
Green Lady
with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

I seriously doubt she was trying to get bv's goat, that would be totally out of character for her, hell she even made an attempt to get the thread on topic so she was obviously trying to follow the rules, assuming of course the the reason we can't talk about food is because it's OT, which is all I can logically conclude. And I never heard her express displeasure with bv's policies, she made some comments about sexism in rock and roll and on this board but I seriously doubt those are bv's policies. Anyway, we all can acknowledge her amazing contributions to pertinent Rolling Stones topics here and that the board will be less without them.

I've seen OT discussions of beer and alcohol go to the limit here so put me in the clueless category about the food taboo. I know bv has suggested he doesn't like to see too many OT threads, that's understandable, but I've never seen him clear he front page of them, he's generally pretty tolerant of them evidenced by the fact there are half a dozen or more of them on the front page at any given time. But I must admit I'm scared to talk about Keith's Shepard Pie's winking smiley

I know bv had a thread a while back titled "The Purpose of IORR" or something like that, perhaps it's time I (and others) went back and had a glance at it.

I was thinking the same thing, Naturalust... I recall there recently being a thread about wine... that was also labelled OT... that did NOT get deleted and get the author banned. I get that maybe it was a bit reckless of swiss to reopen a just-deleted thread with a different, but... the original thread never should've been deleted! What's wrong with ice cream???

Actually, check that: I found this in the IORR posting policy:

"Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted."

But that doesn't explain the threads about alcohol not being deleted... confused smiley So if ALL threads regarding this sort of thing are a violation, then why aren't they ALL deleted? And I just found the wine thread I mentioned. It's FIVE PAGES and an off-topic violation of IORR policy. confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

I just post here...

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:00

HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
Green Lady
with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

I was thinking the same thing, Naturalust... I recall there recently being a thread about wine... that was also labelled OT... that did NOT get deleted and get the author banned. I get that maybe it was a bit reckless of swiss to reopen a just-deleted thread with a different, but... the original thread never should've been deleted! What's wrong with ice cream???

"Also, boring stuff like food and meal discussions, they are not rock'n'roll, please don't post, they are off topic and will be deleted."

But that doesn't explain the threads about alcohol not being deleted... confused smiley So if ALL threads regarding this sort of thing are a violation, then why aren't they ALL deleted? And I just found the wine thread I mentioned. It's FIVE PAGES and an off-topic violation of IORR policy. confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

I just post here...

well lets face it, alcohol and the Stones go hand in hand.. well they did do until recently.. i'm sure that swiss will be back. maybe she is sulking because she lost her ice cream lol.. hope she is ok. where do people go when they leave here ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 19:12 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 5, 2015 19:19

keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
Naturalust
Green Lady
with sssoul
HearMeKnockin
Aquamarine
bleedingman
Green Lady

I just post here...

well lets face it, alcohol and the Stones go hand in hand.. well they did do until recently.. i'm sure that swiss will be back. maybe she is sulking because she lost her ice cream lol.. hope she is ok. where do people go when they leave here ..

Well, based on the search I just did, if she'd titled the initial thread "Your Experience eating Ice Cream at a Stones show" she would still be here, because I found a thread about Keith's Shepard's pie (there you go, Naturalust) and one about a Nellcote restaurant. So you really CAN post about food on here, but it has to be tied to the Stones. Actually, I think you can post ANYTHING on here so long as it is, no matter how tenuously, Stones-related...

And as to whether swiss will return: I doubt it. Shortly before she was banned, she was a bit ticked about bv's "cold shower" comment and Rockman's squealing comment, so I think she'd had enough of that... I don't think she'll be back, unfortunately...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:28

HearMeKnockin

OK Knockin' nice find. I swear I read those policies twice looking for something like that, perhaps it was recently added due to the confusion. Although I personally find good food (and ice cream) far from boring, reading about them with accompanying photos can be a different thing. One only has to look at all the FB and other social media posts "Look what I'm eating tonight" to understand how stupid and obsessive folks can get with it. I think I now understand why bv has chosen to disallow such posts here. Pretty sure if swiss had read that sentence she'd still be here. sad smiley Thanks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home