Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 77
Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:25

I am so absolutely sick of this thread I could scream

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:29

treaclefingers

Thank you for using the complaints thread of IORR.org. We're here to whine about whatever and sometimes have thoughtful discussion on serious issues. Thank you for calling. At the tone, the time will be...

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:29

treaclefingers

I've felt the same about the ''Mick Taylor - What's On Your Mind'' bullshit thread for months now, but I decided to simply stop reading it.

Date: July 6, 2015 00:43

yeababyyea
treaclefingers

I've felt the same about the ''Mick Taylor - What's On Your Mind'' bullshit thread for months now, but I decided to simply stop reading it.

I feel fortunate this thread was available for me vent in.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 6, 2015 00:52

yeababyyea
@keefriffhards You just have to quote bleedingmans original message and you will find the link.

thanks. think i got it. some coked up guy doing a fast horn ??

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:00

just skimming this one and concluded that the ticket prices are prolly too low.

Date: July 6, 2015 01:02

treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

Welcome in, settle down, take your coat off, make yourself at home...

Date: July 6, 2015 01:09

HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

knockin your getting visitors lol. they want to scream but you live here in the sandpit. at least we talk on a human level. some are like robots on here . been saying the same thing about Mick Taylor for 10 years. they cant comprehend that he left 40 years ago. they want him back.

Date: July 6, 2015 01:13

keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

knockin your getting visitors lol. they want to scream but you live here in the sandpit. at least we talk on a human level. some are like robots on here . been saying the same thing about Mick Taylor for 10 years. they cant comprehend that he left 40 years ago. they want him back.

Actually, I'm a Taylorite, but I've calmed down after hearing MR from last night in Indy...

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:18

keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

All true, it's sickening to read all that delusional stuff about Taylor from people who's clearly living in the past and needs to move on. Who cares about what he is doing right now? Leave the old man alone. Who cares about why he is not on this tour to play on one song? He is not a band member anymore.

This is why I stopped reading the MT thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 01:18 by yeababyyea.

Date: July 6, 2015 01:22

HearMeKnockin
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

Actually, I'm a Taylorite, but I've calmed down after hearing MR from last night in Indy...

well i love Taylors guitar. its like no other. the best stones were with him. but how do you go on about it all the time. it was 40 years ago. i even got fed up with him doing Rambler with them in the end. why did they not get him to do CYHMK and SWAY more.. oh no iv'e started something now. this thread will go to the M Taylor thread now and they will all start screaming..

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 01:59 by relms.

Date: July 6, 2015 01:32

keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

well i love Taylors guitar. its like no other. the best stones were with him. but how do you go on about it all the time. it was 40 years ago. i even got fed up with him doing Rambler with them in the end. why did they not get him to do CYHMK and SWAY more.. oh no iv'e started something now. this thread will go to the M Taylor thread now and they will all start screaming..

So I will be moving on to avoid being merged...

Here's a question I really wanted answered:

HearMeKnockin
Question: can anyone explain the "cold shower" comment bv made on tauk's flirting thread? I guess BV was telling everyone to chill, but it seems very strange, even in context, because that flirting thread was FAR from the most inappropriate thread I've seen, and I felt it actually became kind of introspective and philosophical toward the end.

Here's the link if anyone wants a crack at it... (it's at the bottom of the page)

Date: July 6, 2015 01:46

HearMeKnockin
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

So I will be moving on to avoid being merged...

Here's a question I really wanted answered:

HearMeKnockin
Question: can anyone explain the "cold shower" comment bv made on tauk's flirting thread? I guess BV was telling everyone to chill, but it seems very strange, even in context, because that flirting thread was FAR from the most inappropriate thread I've seen, and I felt it actually became kind of introspective and philosophical toward the end.

Here's the link if anyone wants a crack at it... (it's at the bottom of the page)

to be fair to BV he did warn her..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 6, 2015 02:01

yeababyyea
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

All true, it's sickening to read all that delusional stuff about Taylor from people who's clearly living in the past and needs to move on. Who cares about what he is doing right now? Leave the old man alone. Who cares about why he is not on this tour to play on one song? He is not a band member anymore.

LOL. Well it is at least all merged in one place for you so you shouldn't have much trouble avoiding it. There was a time here when every third thread devolved into a Taylor discussion or a Taylor vs. Wood debate. Same with people complaining about set lists.

Strangely since the locations for Taylor and complaints have been centralized, not many people are actually complaining about the set lists and Taylor thread has sparked some interesting discussions, you can find them among the posts of people repeatedly claiming "he's been gone 40 years" and "he's not a band member anymore". winking smiley

Personally I was getting more sick of the whiner police and people attacking other members here because they had an opinion of their own. But to use a classic treacle phrase, it looks as if they have been digitally bitch slapped into relative silence.

Btw, with all due respect I had to smile at the hidden irony of you calling Taylor an old man living in the past.

Date: July 6, 2015 02:19

Naturalust
yeababyyea
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

LOL. Well it is at least all merged in one place for you so you shouldn't have much trouble avoiding it. There was a time here when every third thread devolved into a Taylor discussion or a Taylor vs. Wood debate. Same with people complaining about set lists.

Strangely since the locations for Taylor and complaints have been centralized, not many people are actually complaining about the set lists and Taylor thread has sparked some interesting discussions, you can find them among the posts of people repeatedly claiming "he's been gone 40 years" and "he's not a band member anymore". winking smiley

Personally I was getting more sick of the whiner police and people attacking other members here because they had an opinion of their own. But to use a classic treacle phrase, it looks as if they have been digitally bitch slapped into relative silence.

Btw, with all due respect I had to smile at the hidden irony of you calling Taylor an old man living in the past.

but honestly what do you do. the man was (is) a genius, he played the most beautiful melodic guitar in the world on the best stones tracks ever recorded. but i'm missing something. i loved it when he played live with Bob Dylan but to me he has underachieved painfully so. up until this stones anniversary he was broke. the stones fitted him into the tour and helped him out as best they could. they obviously feel a little guilty about him. but look at the path of someone like Eric Clapton compared to Mick Taylor. something is to blame for his lack of success since leaving the Stones. am i missing something ??

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 6, 2015 02:29

treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

So it was and so it shall be
Deja Voodoo Lounge

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 6, 2015 02:36

keefriffhards
but honestly what do you do. the man was (is) a genius, he played the most beautiful melodic guitar in the world on the best stones tracks ever recorded. but i'm missing something. i loved it when he played live with Bob Dylan but to me he has underachieved painfully so. up until this stones anniversary he was broke. the stones fitted him into the tour and helped him out as best they could. they obviously feel a little guilty about him. but look at the path of someone like Eric Clapton compared to Mick Taylor. something is to blame for his lack of success since leaving the Stones. am i missing something ??

Success is measured in many ways. There are musician I adore who never got close to what Taylor has achieved. Without knowing what his aspirations and motives, what circumstances he has endured in his life it's rather silly to pass such judgement. The music industry is a brutal cesspool full of sharks, swindlers and con men, can't really blame anybody for not achieving the success of Clapton and the Stones when it has so much to do with luck and timing how you deal with that often unhealthy and shrewd business environment. You've heard the stories about cut off royalties for instance. Some of the most genius artist and musicians throughout history have died penniless and some of the biggest immoral jerks are filthy rich. Go figure.

Date: July 6, 2015 02:41

Naturalust
keefriffhards

Success is measured in many ways. There are musician I adore who never got close to what Taylor has achieved. Without knowing what his aspirations and motives, what circumstances he has endured in his life it's rather silly to pass such judgement. The music industry is a brutal cesspool full of sharks, swindlers and con men, can't really blame anybody for not achieving the success of Clapton and the Stones when it has so much to do with luck and timing how you deal with that often unhealthy and shrewd business environment. You've heard the stories about cut off royalties for instance. Some of the most genius artist and musicians throughout history have died penniless and some of the biggest immoral jerks are filthy rich. Go figure.

agreed , such is life on every level, in every walk of life. its cruel and its unfair. i just hope Mick Taylor is happy and keeps playing. he is a fascinating character. he needs to use his new found acclaim with the stones and push on, its never too late. boy can he still play ..smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 6, 2015 03:44

I like to think that he saved up a fair bit scratch from the 12/13 tour, and MJ gave him the number of a good financial advisor and that he's coasting comfortably at the moment.

Then Ronnie will round him up for a blues night in London during hiatus.

Too bad he's not out there on the big stage making magic right now but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 6, 2015 06:04

treaclefingers

This may be the greatest post ever....

I love irony.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2015 07:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 09:37 by Stoneage.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 6, 2015 09:17

Stoneage
A random note in the critics section: There seems to be a pecking order even among the cast outs. A prolific poster, Nikkei, was thrown out a week ago.
No one has said a word about that. Until I did now. I won't mention it again though since we are not supposed to do that...

Nikkei woke up an old thread from 2004 which had the headline ''Keith says there will be a new Stones album this atumn'', and it fooled people into beilving the thread was about this year!
So yea that's a serious offence and there's nothing weird about Nikkei being thrown out.

Date: July 6, 2015 09:42

Sure, Blockbuster. I haven't questioned BV's decision here. My point is that there are people going out here unnoticed while we spend days discussing other people's leave. Just an observation.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 6, 2015 09:48

Stoneage
Sure, Blockbuster. I haven't questioned BV's decision here. My point is that there are people going out here unnoticed while we spend days discussing other people's leave. Just an observation.

Indeed, I guess it had something to do with that Nikkei wasn't a long time member nor a ''noisy member'' like onlystones. There are plenty of posters on this board whom nobody would wirte a single word about if they were thrown out, me being one of them.

But since Nikkei was such an active member his dissapearance deserved some more talk about IMO.
There is indeed a pecking order as you say.

Date: July 6, 2015 16:50

keefriffhards
Naturalust
yeababyyea
keefriffhards
HearMeKnockin
treaclefingers
yeababyyea
treaclefingers

you goobers have hijacked my rant against this thread and somehow turned it into another Taylor mourning.

The insanity must stop.

Date: July 7, 2015 02:07

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 02:57 by Stoneage.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:04

Stoneage
-

What happened?

Date: July 7, 2015 03:09

Honestly I don't know where BV draws the line these days, Tele. So I deleted it twice for safety reasons. I hope you caught what I said. I will delete this one too. Glad to see that you are still on though.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:10

Stoneage
Honestly I don't know where BV draws the line these days, Tele. So I deleted it twice for safety reasons. I hope you caught what I said. I will delete this one too. Glad to see that you are still on though.

I didn't see it but that's ok. Don't risk yourself on my account. I was just having a little fun. It isn't the first time that irony wasn't understood or appreciated here. Non amplius punctum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 06:30 by 71Tele.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home